Start by marking “Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up In Love, #5)” as Want to Read:
Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up In Love, #5)

Playing With Her Heart

(Caught Up in Love #5)

A standalone romance from #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Lauren Blakely...
He's sexy, sophisticated, possessive...and my boss.
Published August 18th 2013 by Lauren Blakely

Start your review of Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up In Love, #5)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (6/23/2017)

Stand-alone book 5.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Her-He...
BLURB:
He's sexy, sophisticated, possessive...and my boss.
I'm trying to resist him, I swear. I'm good at resisting, and at playing pretend too. It's what I do for a living. But as Davis Milo directs me in my first Broadway play, I'm having a harder time pretending that I don't want him to take me. On the piano. In the limo. In the dressing room. Anywhere and everywhere. And the more he guides me through staged kisses, the more I want them to be real.
***
I damn well know the fihttps://www.amazon.com/Playing-Her-He...
He's
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lauren Blakely Fans, Romance
3.5 Two Obsessed Make a Right Stars
* * * 1/2 Free For Limited Time!!!
Years ago when I first started reading romance, I would troll the free books and click on what caught my attention. Lauren Blakely's Caught Up in Us (Caught Up in Love #1) was one of those books. It was a first in a series and I remember liking it. Well, years have gone by and my reading relationship with Lauren Blakely has become one of my favorites. Her writing talent was clear with the first book I read and it has only gotten sharper, cleane
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
THREE AND A HALF STARS!

Playing with her Heart is a story of growth for our heroine, Jill McCormick. Landing her first broadway gig, she meets and becomes involved with her director, Davis Milo, who draws out her true self, the self that she has been hiding ever since a horrible tragedy occurred six years ago. Davis teaches her how to let go of the past and of the guilt she has been carrying, allowiclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Playing
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥

Aw this was a lovely treat!!! It makes a change that the backdrop of the story is about a broadway show.

Davis is the director and having been burned in the past he promised himself he won't fall for an actress again.

The first rule of directing is you don't fall for an actress

Then we have Jill who is playing the understudy for the show who has been traumatised in the past.

Wow I loved the sexual tension betweeagain.
Lauren Blakely
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
PLAYING WITH HER HEART

PLAYING WITH HER HEART
Becky
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by author for an honest review*

For additional reviews please visit http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

There is one thing I am very certain of after finishing Playing With Her Heart....

Lauren Blakely has been holding out on us!

She has a sexy side and she has let it shine through in this book. How you ask? Two words....

Davis Milo.

If you look up alpha male in the dictionary, I have no doubt you would find a picture of Davis Milo. He is a man who knows what he wants and is not afraid to ask for it. And he dirty talked his way right into my heart. I loved every second spent wiwords....
Davis
♥Sharon♥
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Sexual Tension Filled Stars!

photo 23179f19-7a49-4b55-896c-96c82dc097e8_zps926313a9.jpg

Playing with her Heart was such a great book. Lauren Blakely definitely knows how to write some pretty steamy stuff!

Jill McCormick has found her nitch in life. She loves to act and be on stage. The theatre has always been her escape. A place she felt safe and free from her past. A place where she felt her happiest.

Something that happened in Jill's past ha
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Review was posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads

"Sizzling, sexy, sweet and seductive. A perfect romance for the hopeless romantic. Lauren Blakely NEVER disappoints." - Angie's Dreamy Reads

One of my favorite things about Lauren Blakely books is that I can always count on her to deliver a solid 5 star romance. The woman writes incredibly. They're sexy without being nasty, sweet without being corny and romantic without being cheesy. The characters always crawl into my heart, pull on all the right heart strings and never leReads
"Sizzling,
Indy
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was brilliant! Absolutely loved it! What made it unique was that it created sex appeal without the actual act itself (at the end some lovin' does happen) but more from the energy, dirty talk and sexual tension and connection the two characters have for one another that created physical flames my friends. That is talent to generate the heat without the actual act itself.

The story says it best at one pt:
"It hits me what's happening.
Because he's doing it to me again.
He
/>
Kim
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, faves
If you have read any of Lauren Blakely's other books, you are already familiar with Jill. She is the room mate of Kat in Caught Up in Us, friend to Reeve in Pretending He's Mine, and sister of Chris from Trophy Husband. So it was time for Jill to get her own story.

Because love like that only happens when it's make believe. At least, I've always thought so. Then I met Davis Milo and everything in my life changed. Irrevocably.

Jill just landed her "almost" dream job. She made understudy and chorus for a new Broadway
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, audiobook
AUDIO-REVIEW_HerHeart_RECT
Playing With Her Heart
Adult Contemporary. Interrelated Standalone.

Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely  is a really hard book for me to review. On one hand, I really enjoy Lauren Blakey's hot dirty talkers and unique and sweet romances. But the narrators in this audiobook, especially the male narrator, completely ruined the book for me. Usually I can power through a crappy narrator and get used to them, they even grow on me. But in this case, Milo, the srel="nofollow">Playingstars

Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely  is a really hard book for me to review. On one hand, I really enjoy Lauren Blakey's hot dirty talkers and unique and sweet romances. But the narrators in this audiobook, especially the male narrator, completely ruined the book for me. Usually I can power through a crappy narrator and get used to them, they even grow on me. But in this case, Milo, the sexy, dirty talking male lead, sounded like he was 75. And Jill's voice was no better. She was whiney and annoying. BUT I must tell you, I just went to Audible to find out the male narrator's name so I know to avoid it in the future, and saw that  Todd Haberkorn got rave reviews and he narrates so many other great books! I don't get it. My husband said the same thing, he sounded old. His dirty talking, which I usually LOVE in an audiobook, did absolutely nothing for me. Luckily, I really enjoyed the story.

Jill McCormick was an aspiring actress going for her first big broadway role. She's been in love with the male costar for six years. Though she didn't get exactly the role of her dreams, she still had a very important part in the show. Davis Milo was a world renown director. He was THE broadway director, guaranteed to make any show a hit.

Davis has been hurt by an actress before and will never get involved with one again. And Jill had a tragedy that made her fear relationships. But the two were explosive together.
"Something about the way he looks at me makes me want to tell him things, to open up, to share all sorts of secrets I've never told anyone else. His dark blue eyes are so pure and unflinching that they seem to demand nothing less than total honesty."

Davis knew she loved the star, Patrick. But did she really? Or was it just a fantasy? Because the real chemistry was with Davis, no matter how hard they tried to fight it.
"Let me see what you look like on my stage with nothing on."

Oh man. You might think a broadway director wouldn't be so alpha, but you know, he's the guy in charge.
"Touch yourself, " he commands. "I want you to come from your own hand."

"And how does it feel to have your fingers on your clit while I am right here next to you, and I can smell how turned on you are?"

And his dirty talking was awesome.

AUDIO-REVIEW_HerHeart_QUOTE

They just both had so many doubts and insecurities, but it didn't stop them from fucking like animals. :) It never felt rushed, and I liked the relationship development, but her doubts that he talks to all of his stars like that started to bug me, and it took away from the honest relationship it felt like they were building.
He nods, then presses his lips lightly to my forehead. "You are my sin." He brushes them gently against my earlobe. "And my heaven." Then the barest of kisses on my lips. "And everything in between."

Likes:

•Unique story line.
•Very sexy.
•I love a dirty talker.
•Good character and relationship development.

Dislikes:

•I really, really didn't like the narrators. So much so that I am unable to separate the story from the narration. I just never liked the characters enough to love the book.

The Down & Dirty:
I love Lauren Blakely's writing style. Just a perfect amount of heat, dirty talking, romance and alpha-ness. But in Playing With Her Heart I never fell in love with the characters. I think it may be because I really did not like the narrators. I recommend the book, but I think this should be read, not listened to. I must mention that I saw other reviewers loved the male narrator and he narrates so many other great books, but to me he sounded like an old man.

Rating:
Story- 3.75 stars (I think, very hard to remove the narration, I probably would have liked it a lot more if I read it.), Heat 4.25, Narration: 2

STARS_3.75 Print AUDIO_ICON_2

Purchase
Purchase Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely

Kindle Audible iBooks BN.com

Series Order

Playing With Her Heart is a spin-off of the Seductive Nights Series and the Fourth in the Caught Up in Love Series. I have read several, and each of the books are only vaguely related.

AUDIO-REVIEW_HerHeart_SQUARE
Violet Duke
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. This is without a doubt, my favorite of all of Lauren's books. Compelling, almost hypnotic writing that immersed me into the story so deeply, the sizzling hotness you've come to expect from Lauren but at an amazing new level, and wonderful characters that stay with you long after you're done reading. Simply incredible. You're all going to love it.
Christina
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My FAVORITE Lauren Blakely book yet!!!! Mad swoony <3 for this story!
Tahsin
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

probably the best in the series.
Tpagirl
Playing With Her Heart was the fifth book in the Caught Up in Love series by Lauren Blakely. The series can be read as stand-alones; however, Blakely’s characters all grace each other’s stories throughout the books.

Jill McCormick was a struggling Broadway actress waiting for her big break. She gets it with the cast of the new show, Crash the Moon.

Davis Milo was the Director of Crash the Moon. He was well known, respected and had multiple awards throughout his career. He h
Lucinda Claire
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely is one of my go-to authors when looking for a nice, romantic, sexy read. I recommend her books to friends who want to “try” the genre, because her stories consistently deliver on all fronts – they’re romantic, sexy, a little drama just to keep the pages turning, but with an HEA. Oh, and did I mention sexy? Oh, ya! So I was thrilled to be offered an ARC of “Playing With Her Heart” in exchange for an honest review. Well, let me just say that this time, Lauren Blakely has outdone her ...more
Lisa

Whoa whoa whoa. There is more to Jill McCormick than meets the eye. She seems so carefree but she carries a huge baggage with her, and that kind of affects her relationships (or explains why she lacks one).

Jill and Davis

WHOA. Insta-lust! Davis has the charisma and charm, and it's hard not to fall in lust with him. They have the connection which can only be described as explosive. Major fireworks. Though I do have one issue (view spoiler)3.5 stars

Jill and Davis

WHOA. Insta-lust! Davis has the charisma and charm, and it's hard not to fall in lust with him. They have the connection which can only be described as explosive. Major fireworks. Though I do have one issue (view spoiler) but I rode with it.

Overall, it's an entertaining read. I wish we got more of Chris in this though (but I know that's impossible), I've totally fallen in love with the guy in Trophy Husband.
April Wood
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liv
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE WHO ENJOYED LUCY PARKER'S "PRETTY FACE"
OH MAN. THE THEATRE DIRECTOR-ACTRESS TROPE. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS BOOK EARLIER.

This one reminded me so much of Lucy Parker's Pretty Face. Maybe the age difference wasn't as obvious here & there was a lot more graphic Hot Stuff, but I'm definitely recommending it to everyone who loved Pretty Face because the same fun aspect was still there.

THE HOT STUFF THOUGH. REAL HOT AND NICE. SCALDING LEVEL.

Both Jill and Davis were likable and the secondary cast of cha
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 3.75/5

review to come.
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Lauren Blakely’s Playing with Her Heart is the third book in her Caught Up In Us series and, in my opinion, it’s the best one yet. Blakely writes with such vivid detail that it’s easy to picture the story coming to life. The characters are three-dimensional, with detailed backstories that provide insight into their current states of mind. I was captivated by the two protagonists, Jill and Davis, who are two very similar characters, both haunted by their past, which has made them more cautious wh ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shey‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

5 STARS

Lauren Blakely has done it again with her third book in the Caught Up In Us series, Playing With Her Heart and I have to say is now my favorite. Ms. Blakely has a unique contemporary writing style but in this book she steps outside of the box and made this one edgy, sensual and more emotional. She broached a tough subject that hit especially hard for me and had the tears
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Fantastically written story that pulled me in. It made me feel happy, it was compelling, and intense. I loved the characters, how they developed and grew. When they were playful with one another it was wonderful and when it was serious it was so emotional. I loved it all!

I think Jill McCormick and Davis Milo are great characters. From the start I’m curious about both of them and their pasts. Davis is drawn to Jill and her to him but they both seem to be in major denial even though the pull they ha
All Booked Out
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing

You are in for a Steamy & Emotional Ride!
Davis Milo is the ideal Man! If he was a Biscuit he would be a Cookie, Hard and sometimes a bit tough to break on the outside but take off the top and there is a sweet, soft, lickable centre!

You Will Fall In Love With Jill, I did, she is Wonderful You are routing for her the whole way through, i shed a tear for her, was her cheerleader, and shouted Go Girl when., Well You know When!

Jill is not a sniveller for no reason, she doesn't run or whinge for no reason, neither c
Anncleire
Book Launch on my blog August 20th
Review + Except + Giveaway

This book is so so so good it needs six, seven, ten stars!

“I want the best on stage for this. I want someone who is fresh and amazing and wh
AG Reads
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It rook me a couple of days to work out my thoughts on this. As a theatre geek, I loved the book. I liked the H, Davis, an accomplished musical theatre director. I liked the h, Jill, an up and coming actress who is chosen for the chorus and as understudy for the lead in her first Broadway production. Both have been burned by relationships in the past, and healing from the past is a big part of their burgeoning relationship. Their attraction was undeniable, but welcoming that attraction was probl ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This wasn't my favorite one so far. Jill was a difficult character to like at times. I didn't like how she was trying to get with Patrick but still sleeping with Davis. I truly felt he deserved better. We did eventually find out why Jill was messed up when it came to relationships. Thankfully in the end she was able to move on from her past and get her happy ending.
The Geekery Book Review
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I am just going to warn you now, I am STILL a bit (actually a LOT) gushy about this book. I sat down last night to go over my review, touch it up, and make sure I didn't leave any thoughts out it, but what I wound up doing was rereading the book again for the 3rd or 4th time. Yup, after driving for 10 hours to get home from Vegas, I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning reacquainting myself with Davis and Jill.

I always enjoy Lauren's style of writing, I love her fun and feisty f
Tori
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Playing With Her Heart is most definitely one of my favorite books of 2013! I instantly fell in love with this book...Lauren has outdone herself!!!

Jill is an aspiring actress auditioning for her big break on Broadway. Milo is the Director who is looking for the next rising star...little does he know that his heart is about to take center stage and Jill has the staring role! Lauren's writing is always very fun and enjoyable to read, I definitely felt a different edge to the book and I

• Going Down Easy (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Bedding the Bachelors Boxed Set - Books 1-3
  • Hot Stuff (Hot Zone #1)
  • Witch is When it Gets Crazy (A Lemon Tea Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Hidden Hollywood (Happy Endings Book Club, #1)
  • Take Two (Lights, Camera, #1)
  • A Spell To Tell (A Lemon Tea Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Big Shot (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Junk Mail
  • Just Right (Just Everyday Heroes: Day Shift, #1)
  • Wednesday
  • Reckless (Fractured Farrells, #2)
  • Magnificent Bastard (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #1)
  • Incarcerated | Inevitable | Indelible: Volume 1 (Love and War #1-3)
  • Sexy Motherpucker (Bad Motherpuckers, #2)
  • The Alphas: Four First Loves
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely.com/one-free-book/

Connect with Lauren h

Caught Up in Love (5 books)
  • Caught Up in Us (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • Pretending He's Mine (Caught Up in Love, #2)
  • Trophy Husband (Caught Up in Love, #3)
  • Stars in Their Eyes (Caught Up in Love, #4)
“What is happening here?” Her voice is unsteady as she says a line that’s not in the script.
“You tell me,” I say, and I’m not even sure where my own voice is coming from.
Then she turns around, uncrosses her legs, and mirrors me, kneeling. “You wrote that scene for me, didn’t you?”
I nod. My throat is dry. I can barely speak.
“That day you saw me with Shelby outside the theater, right?”
“Yes.” I swallow. I’m an open book now.
“Did you write it because it makes the show better? Or did you write it for me?”
8 likes