Start by marking “Overcoming Adversity: An Anthology for Andrew” as Want to Read:
Overcoming Adversity: An Anthology for Andrew

Overcoming Adversity: An Anthology for Andrew

A collection of seventy moving and uplifting original pieces - real life, flash fiction, and poetry - about battling against the odds and the ultimate triumph of the human spirit. The contributors include Amazon bestselling authors Alex J. Cavanaugh and Kyra Lennon, and the cream of upcoming talent.

The anthology is part of a fundraising effort to send the editor's stepson,
Published February 27th 2013 by Nick Wilford (first published February 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Overcoming Adversity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overcoming Adversity

Start your review of Overcoming Adversity: An Anthology for Andrew
Krista
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From real stories of adversity to fictional stories of trials, this anthology has a little something from everyone and for everyone. I loved the variety of pieces in this and getting to read so many different styles of writing. I found myself unable to put the book down - I wanted to read each of the stories and hear the voice overcoming adversity.

Such a wonderful compilation, which depicts the struggle to overcome, and benefits Andrew in his journey to his future.
Christine Rains
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding collection of poems and short fiction and non-fiction stories. There's a story in there for everyone to help lift their spirits and give them hope. It's fantastic that a group of amazing writers can come together for a wonderful cause.
Tammy Theriault
Mar 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
can't wait to read my entry and everyone else's!!!
Teresa
A nice collection of stories for a worthy cause. The writing level of the authors varies greatly. Some are polished and professional; some are not. I'm disclosing the reason for five stars from me. Every now and again I come across a "project" book that has been created to publicize a cause, or to earn money toward a cause. This book fits into that category. The proceeds from its sale originally went to fund the college education of a young man (Andrew) who has disabilities, and the college ...more
Charmaine Clancy
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I saw the purpose for this anthology (read the book description to hear of Andrew's determination to get to a specialist college), I had to buy a copy. I was very pleased with what I got in return. The book starts off with a great short but strong piece by Denise Covey, the tale of Sunny (love the metaphoric name), pregnant and caught in a flash flood.

It's an intense and dramatic read from start to finish and left me wanting to know more!
Tyrean
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of stories and moments of triumph over adversity. Many thanks to Nick for putting this together, and best wishes for Andrew! Even if I didn't know the story behind the collection, I think this would be a great read. I've purchased a few copies to give to friends, and they love it too.
Melissa Maygrove
Considering the outpouring of love and support that went into this project, and how fast and well it was readied for publication, how can I not give it a 5? There's everything from short stories, to real stories, to poetry - something for everyone - and all for a good cause. Best of luck, Nick and Andrew.
Annalisa Crawford
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So many wonderful stories, both fiction and non-fiction, with a dollop of poetry. This is definitely a collection that will bring a tear to your eye, a lump to your throat and the certainty that we all have an inner strength to tap into when times are hard.
Jossie Marie Solheim
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel so privileged to have a story included in this amazing anthology with so many great and talented authors and to raise money for such a great cause. There is so much adversity in this world. Sharing our experiences with others can help us to feel more connected and less alone. This was an amazing project to be a part of and came together so quickly. It's just amazing how much hard work and dedication went into it from all involved. A must read as there really is something for everyone with ...more
Medeia Sharif
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopeful, inspiring, and emotional, this anthology containing various authors, genres, and styles is a worthwhile read. Readers will find that the fiction, nonfiction, and poetry pieces will resonate with them.
Elise
Misha Gericke
Mar 13, 2013
Coquille Fleur
Clare Dugmore
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Beautiful stories, for a beautiful cause.
Michael Offutt

Annalisa Crawford
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tammy Theriault
Mar 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
can't wait to read my entry and everyone else's!!!
Christine Rains
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tyrean
Melissa Maygrove
Clare Dugmore
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Beautiful stories, for a beautiful cause.
Elise
Cheryl
Mar 10, 2013
Guilie
Mar 10, 2013
Nick Wilford is a writer and stay-at-home dad. Once a journalist, he now makes use of those early morning times when the house is quiet to explore the realms of fiction, with a little freelance editing and formatting thrown in. When not working he can usually be found spending time with his family or cleaning something. He is the author of A Change of Mind and Other Stories, a collection featuring ...more