Start by marking “Wrath of Lions (Breaking World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wrath of Lions (Breaking World, #2)

Wrath of Lions

(The Breaking World #2)

In this second volume of the sprawling dark fantasy epic The Breaking World, gods and armies are on the move as all of Dezrel prepares for war…and nothing short of total subjugation will suffice.

In the east, Karak invades Paradise with an army twenty thousand strong. Meanwhile, Ashhur travels west along the Gods’ Road, gathering as many of his people as he can against the
Published March 25th 2014 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Wrath of Lions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath of Lions

Start your review of Wrath of Lions (Breaking World, #2)
Tracy Griffin
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good! That I'm going ahead with Blood Of The Gods, to finish up The Breaking World.
Ryan Mueller
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-fantasy, fantasy
I like this series. It has a lot of action, and it definitely tells an epic story. But there are a couple things that keep me from really liking it.

1. There are too many POV characters. Often, you'll go 6 or 7 chapters before getting back to a character. That often led to me forgetting what was happening in that story. I usually remembered quickly enough, though, so it wasn't too much of a problem.

2. It's a bit too dark at times. There's a lot of brutality here and a lot of character deaths. Tho
Rayburn Neal
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stephen
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazingly good book. From the first page you open it up to, right through to the end - it grabs you and pulls you in, and doesn't let go the entire time. David Dalglish and Robert Duperre have done a great job writing a book that works so well. It's huge, length wise, compared to Dalglish's usual books - but the size works with them to supporting telling an immense story fully.

As a long-time Dalglish reader, there were many references to his other books and it really felt true to the
Christopher
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
This book/series is both epic and small at the same time. Two brother gods attempt to create a world for humans but have differing views how to lead their respective peoples. One god coddles them like children in a perpetual paradise while another lets let lead more "normal" lives, complete with politics, suffering, etc.

Eventually these two views clash and the gods prepare their people for war. While I like the repeated crises of faith the various characters have, the world feels *small*. The va
Brandon
This is a big book and there is a lot going on. I don't know if this is the best time to be reading an epic like this as most of my reading time is split with keeping an eye on a 1 and a half year old. But I enjoyed it and am interested how the story wraps up.

I'm not feeling much of a connection to any of the characters and that's a bummer. I think I'm still reeling from the guy I thought I was liking ending up being the guy you aren't supposed to like.
David Teachout
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, kindle
Continues to be a great story, giving the best of what Dalglish's world has come to offer. Excellent action, dialogue that portrays the characters differently and a mythology that is entirely about exploring humanity. Whether you want to read this trilogy first and then the rest of the books second or vice versa doesn't matter, you'll be exclaiming all the way.
Ann
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As usual, this author did one hell of a job! The characters, the plot, the world building, absolutely amazing! There were some evening shocking twist, and turns! I am absolutely loving these characters! I cannot wait for the next book to come out
Amanda
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved!

You guys have created one heck of a story. I'm so impressed with this book, the depths of the story line, the characters and the world. I can't wait for the next book.

Craig Cuillard
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book. Looking forward to book 3.
Patti
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
On to the last one and wondering if any of the main characters will survive the battle :) Thumbs down on language but the story is great!
Angela
Aug 12, 2015
DM
Aug 29, 2015
Damian J A adams
rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2016
Xavier Lafuentes
Feb 20, 2020

• The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)
  • A Warrior's Path (The Castes and the Outcastes, #1)
  • A Warrior's Knowledge (The Castes and the OutCastes, #2)
  • A Warrior's Penance (The Castes and the OutCastes, #3)
  • A Crucible of Souls (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #1)
  • JUDGES: Golgotha
  • Blood of Innocents (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #2)
  • A Shattered Empire (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #3)
  • JUDGES: Psyche
  • JUDGES Volume Two
  • JUDGES: The Patriots
  • The Ember Blade (The Darkwater Legacy #1)
  • Fall of Cthulhu Omnibus
  • The Fall of Neverdark (The Echoes Saga, #4)
  • Stillbright (The Paladin Trilogy #2)
  • The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons (The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons, #1)
  • The Blackest Heart (The Five Warrior Angels, #2)
  • The Kingdom Razed by Dragons (The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons, #2)

The Breaking World (3 books)
  • Dawn of Swords (Breaking World, #1)
  • Blood of Gods (Breaking World, #3)

News & Interviews