Start by marking “Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)” as Want to Read:
Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)

Along Came a Spider

(Transplanted Tales #3)

Along came a spider…

Published August 1st 2013 by Kensington Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Along Came a Spider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Along Came a Spider

Beth
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have loved reading Transplanted Tales from RED on. Kate SeRine superbly twists the fairy tales of old into an adult, sexy, paranormal story set in the “Now”.

In this installment, Trish Muffet (little Miss Muffet) is a crime scene investigator. With the ability to re-live the last few moments of the victims life. When Trish is attacked by some kind of vampire hybrid, Nicky “Little Boy Blue” comes to the rescue.

Nicky has had known criminal connections and has been dispersing his revenge for his
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A have a feeling that if I had read the previous 2 books I would have understood some parts of the story better. Triss is a character I liked and she seemed a little kick ass too.

I liked the end with the Dracula. I wasn't expecting to feel sorry for the villain of the story. Plus what happened was a little surprising too ;) .

When I was reading the book I couldn't put it down. I was so focused and draw to the story. For me it belongs to easy and quick category without missing anything vital for a
Jess the Romanceaholic
Would've been a 3, but I decided that I couldn't really punish the book for my having not read the previous two installments, so I'm settling on 3.5/5.

Great idea, but I didn't really love the execution, and it was pretty obvious I'd missed a LOT by not having read the first two in the series.

Julie
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Along Came a Spider is the third installment in Kate SeRine’s Transplanted Tales series. I absolutely love this series. It is incredibly unique and the world Kate has built is just brilliant. You see, years ago Cinderella’s godmother screwed up a spell and sent some of our favorite Nursery Rhyme, Fairy Tale and Classic Literary characters into our world, the Here & Now. We Ordinaries are oblivious to their existence mostly because the Tales have ble
Kirsten Lenius
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Beatrice 'Trish' Muffet was drawn out of the land of Make Believe and into the Here and Now, her life changed completely. Offered a chance to run from the folks who came to collect her to help her transition by Nicky Blue, she chose to stay, rather than following the man that she knew with one special glance would be important to her forever.

Years later, she works investigating murders of folks from Tales, using her ability to read people with a gaze, she sees what they saw and experienced
Alex Owens
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book doesn't come out until the first of August, but I'm likely to forget to review it then, so I'll do it now!

I really like the world-building and the characters in this novel. The Tales (that's fairy tale folk, for you guys not in the know) have been transplanted from their realm to our world full of Ordinaries (you and me) and are just trying to fit in and fly under the radar.

Add some power-tripping jerks with badges, a psychotic vampire, fairy-dust trafficking, and a few other familiar
May Mostly Romance
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I eyed Kate SeRine's work since forever and actually had "Red", the first book in the series in my Kindle but never had a chance to read it. So when I saw this book on NetGalley, it was a good incentive. I like the blurb and decide to request it.

I was not sure if this is the good idea because I had some issues related to the fact that this was the third book in the series. There are some fact or incident that happened in the fi
Eva Millien
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Transplanted Tales is a story filled with suspense, action, romance and wonder. This book is a continuation of the lives of the characters in the Tales and can be read without having read the first two. The author manages to convey the connection to the past stories without giving away too much of those and without spoiling this one and keeping the reader completely engaged.

I found all the characters in the Tales fun, bewitching and easily related to. The hero and the heroi
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
4.5 Stars, might be my fav of the series so far.

Again, SeRine delivers a very fun, romantic, action-packed romp full of fairytale, nursery rhyme and literary characters. Our couple is wonderful. As the FMA's medical examiner, Trish has her own way of reading the final thoughts of the dead. Nicky was one of my favs from Red, and I was so happy for him to have his chance at Happily Ever After. These two came into the Ordinary world at the same time, but while Nicky pursued a life of crime, Trish u
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I am so glad I was given a chance to be able to read this book! I don't think I would have read it otherwise! I am so going back to read the others!!

This was a mystery/romance/paranormal book with a totally original pool of characters! Nursery rhymes & other story's classic characters come to life as their world kicks them out into ours making them real! Dracula & his girls wreak havoc as Little Miss Muffet & Red Riding Hood catch the case while working for the FMA...

Redd is currentl
Jon Ballenger
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yet another fantastic novel by Kate SeRine! A compelling and truly original series. Fun, quirky, sexy, and sweet at all of the right moments. This is a MUST read for all fans of urban fantasy/ paranormal romance.
Courtney Lawhorn
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I wish wish wish I could give this one 10 stars! I had to read it all in one sitting because I could absolutely NOT put it down. I'm pretty sure my family went without food yesterday...
Angel
Most definitely LOVED this book. I haven't read the others in the series but I will now.

*ARC PROVIDED BY NETGALLEY
delane
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You Rock Kate!
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Love SeRine's Tales.... Aah to bad there wasn't a happy ending for Dracula. I would love to know which woman/tale he will set his teeth in. review coming up soon. (July 30)
WTF Are You Reading?
This book is fabulous! Review to post in conjunction with tour date.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/07/review-...

Favorite Quote:“Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty.”

“Wrong fairytale, you idiot.”

Trish “Little Miss” Muffet has loved Nicky “Little Boy” Blue since she was snatched from Make Believe and sent to the Here and Now. But fate had different plans for the two of them and Trish resigned herself to crushing on him from afar. When she is attacked at a crime scene, she is shocked her rescuer is none other than Nicky. Nicky has been missing for two
The Urban Book Thief
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Holy schmoley, was that book fun or what!

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive about starting this story for two reasons. One, because I haven’t read the first two books in this series and secondly, it kinda sounded a little too cutesy and I had visions of this being some bland YA paranormal rompety-romp through an enchanted forest somewhere in magic-ville.

Frankly my dear, I could have not have been more wrong. Along Came a Spider was almost (dare I say it?) an urban fantasy rompety-romp
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

Another Transplanted Tales hit!

When the Transplanted Tales series burst onto my reading horizon last year, I knew I had found something special. I couldn't get enough of book 1, Red, and book 2, The Better To See You, was a lot of fun as well. When I discovered that book 3 would star two of my favorite supporting characters, well, there may have been a lot of grinning and happy dancing involved ;)

The story itself kicks off with a new breed
Vilia
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review from Backchatting Books

I adored the first two novels in this series because of their characterisation, plots and settings so I had very high expectations for this one. This is the story of Beatrice “Trish” Muffet and the spider who loved her, Nicky “Little Boy” Blue. Trish first met Nicky when they were transplanted and promptly fell in love. She watched from afar as Nicky built his criminal empire, married Jules Capulet (one of the Willies) and supported him after Jules was murdered. Jul
Susana
Originally posted at PaperbackWonderland

Arc provided by netgalley

A couple months ago i read Red and i loved it! The idea was original, and as a fairy tale addict, i loved reading about characters that made me company through my childhood, as well as growing up.

The tone of that story was definitely urban fantasy, with a little paranormal romance in with, that i could have done without....(especially the parts with Vlad, the vampire).. but all in all, it was an interesting story to read.

The second
Gigi staub
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
When Trish Muffet is attacked at a grisly crime scene, the last person she expects to come to her rescue is Nicky “Little Boy” Blue. But since walking away from everything two years before, Nicky’s been doling out vigilante justice as “The Spider,” taking on the vicious predators of the night in hopes it’ll lead him to his ultimate target – Vlad Dracula. And he needs Trish’s help.

Although Nicky’s renegade style goes against everything Trish stands for, she’ll do what she must to bring Dracula do
Brianna
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a great way to continue the Transplanted Tales series! With each book, the world continues to grow, and more interesting characters are added. There's always a great mystery, as well as an awesome romance to love. And this one was no exception.

Trish was an awesome heroine! Smart with a healthy temper, I found her to be a great narrator for this story. She never let anyone push her around, and spoke out about her feelings. Her love and loyalty towards her friends was admirable. Watching her
Natasha  A.
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Literary figures in the here and now? Sign me up please!

I saw this book on NetGalley and it called my name immediately. The concept behind this book gave me the happies. Think Once Upon a Time (TV show) but more, expanded. It's any literary figure, any character, suddenly being dropped into the here and now. They don't age (at least not as we do). Trying to figure out how to make it here. Most of them have a power.

They are our paranormal creatures.

Now, my only complaint, and it is totally not th
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC through netgalley

I will start by saying I have not read the previous books in this series. While I don't think it's necessary to read them first, they are referred to a lot in this book and would help with any confusion about what the characters are talking about.

Along came a spider is a great twist to normal fairytales. It had a very original take on it and I really enjoyed the story itself.

Nicky Blue and Trish Muffet end up in Here and Now together. They ended up going their se
Talk Supe
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Braine's Talk Supe review

Transplanted Tales is one badass fantastical amusement park I can't get enough of it! Not only are the tour guides iconic fictional characters but KSeRine's reimagined world is filled with so many bewitching stuff: gun toting heroes, nail-biting suspense, heart stopping close calls, terrifying villains, fairy magic, lots of sexy lovin' and everything else in between! ALONG CAME A SPIDER IMO, is the most action-packed volume in the series so far and KSeRine amped it up by
Holly
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I was another one of those that didn't realize this was book 3 in the series, but I still really liked it. The characters were so much fun! I think I was practically grinning through the whole book. Picture the TV shows Once and Grimm mixed together and you would be getting close to the right path of this book. I do recommend starting from book 1 because there will be a few things that will leave you wondering what is going on otherwise. I have just started book 1 myself and p ...more
Diana's
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay So I started this a few times and put it down because I continuously felt a bit lost
Not realizing it was the 3rd in the installment..
But over all with missing a ton in books 1 & 2 I have to say it was a really good read..
I am definitely going to have to read the 1st 2 in the series..
Trish has some amazing abilities and the story had some great twist and turns..
I loved "Spider" (Nicky) I want to know him more!

So I highly recommend reading the previous books in this series before reading
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book was really a new twist on an old nursery rhyme. The characters know they are just that, characters out of a story book and to lead the back is none other that Little Miss Muffet. She is tough as nails, not your typical woe is me, damsel in distress that is for sure. You know what, it is refreshing that she is so strong. Her love interest you ask....why it is Little Boy Blue. He is older, stronger, and not so sleepy. He has other things on his mind. The book was great, it was a quick rea ...more
Melissa
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The story was fast paced and the dialogue was so snarky at times that I laughed out loud. Always a good sign. I really enjoyed the couple and their story - Trish and Nicky but you also get to see more of the characters from the previous books - Lavender, Seth, Red, Nate and Al.

I know that the author has said that there is at least one more book in the series but I really hope there will be more than just one. This series is an automatic read for me.

Madison Mega-Mara...: Along Came a Spider by Kate SeRine 1 2 Sep 06, 2013 05:51AM
  • Soul Stripper (Soul Stripper, #1)
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • The Problem with Promises (Mystwalker, #3)
  • Sins of the Lost (Grigori Legacy, #3)
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
  • The Chosen (The Legend Chronicles, #3)
  • Diana's Hound (Bloodhounds, #4)
  • Dark Days (Black London, #6)
  • Never Deal with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons, #1)
  • Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem, #1)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • A Case of Poisons (Anthony Maxwell #1)
  • Rush (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • The Miss Education of Dr. Exeter (Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • A Dream of Stone & Shadow (Dirk & Steele, #4)
  • Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #3)
Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. She's the author of the award-winning TRANSPLANTED TALES series, the PROTECT AND SERVE series, and the DARK ALLIANCE series.

Kate is a member of Romance Writers

Transplanted Tales (4 books)
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Ever After (Transplanted Tales, #4)