Start by marking “Gardens of Ampheia (Legends of Amun Ra)” as Want to Read:
Gardens of Ampheia (Legends of Amun Ra)

Gardens of Ampheia

(Legends of Amun Ra Extended Universe)

Thea is the daughter of a farmer. She is content until she makes a terrible mistake, one that not only endangers her life but exposes her origins. Trained in war, Thea fights through blood and fire, war and peace, to discover the truth. She will face a desperate struggle which will remake the known world of Potara, influencing the next 6,000 years.
Published March 1st 2013 by Enchanted Forest Press

To ask other readers questions about Gardens of Ampheia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gardens of Ampheia

Start your review of Gardens of Ampheia (Legends of Amun Ra)
Christopher
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gardens of Ampheia is a novella in the Legends of Amun Ra series. It’s a short, quick read and very exciting for being so short.

This story takes place thousands of years prior to the events in The Emerald Tablet. It follows the main character Thea, a farmer’s daughter, and how her actions after a terrible accident form the world of Potara as read in The Emerald Tablet. This book gives us some insight into the way of Greek life as opposed to the Egyptian life we read about in the 1st book in the
Susan
Thea, the front and center character of this tale, is a mix of things. As with most young ladies her age, she would prefer to stay out a bit late drinking with the nearest farm lad and sleep in the next morning. While she grumbles away Helios’s advice for a bit of fruit before her morning run, she still goes on the run. Her life may be a boring routine of training and goat tending, but her mysterious background keeps the reader wondering. Through a mix of events in the story and flashbacks, we l ...more
Anna Tan
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
I'm rating Gardens of Ampheia with 3.5 stars because I liked it a lot more than The Emerald Tablet. It read much better than The Emerald Tablet, both pacing- and writing-wise.

The Gardens of Ampheia is a companion novella to the Legends of Amun Ra series, which begins with The Emerald Tablet. Set about 7,000 years before events in The Emerald Tablet, Gardens tells the story of Thea, the daughter of a farmer, whose life is forever changed when a terrible accident happens. Having promised to lie ab
Kayla
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
*ARC received from the author in exchange for an HONEST review - these are my own honest thoughts*

I'm even more amazed by the world that JS has created. I've previously read & reviewed The Emerald Tablet, which introduced me to this amazing world. I LOVE how this story showed us events prior to The Emerald Tablet - sort of like showing me the first domino in a domino train. Seeing how past events reflect in how the present works out really grabs me. Love that! Anyways, Although this can be read
Kahlan Ng
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced review copy in exchange for an honest review.

I originally reviewed the Emerald Tablet, the first in Silverman's Legends of Amun Ra series and gave it three stars. Primarily because I thought the writing exhibited amateurish mistakes. Gardens of Ampheia makes up for all of that.

Gardens of Ampheia is a novella set within Silverman's vast history of the world he created called Potara in the Legends of Amun Ra series. Where The Emerald Tablet focuses a lot on Egyptian mytholo
Bryan Taylor
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading The Emerald Tablet, which is set in the present, I was looking forward to The Gardens of Ampheia, which is set 7000 years in the past. While The Emerald Tablet is an amalgam of modern times, ancient Greece and the phantastical world Joshua Silverman has created, The Gardens of Ampheia is clearly set in the past, and with the exception of the mystical powers she possesses, could easily have been set on Earth rather than Potara.
Silverman does an excellent job of evoking ancient Greec
Joy H
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella takes the world Silverman created in his Legends of Amun Ra series, which begins with The Emerald Tablet, and builds a new story out the the world's rich history. Taking place in the ancient days of the planet Potara, Gardens tells the story of Thea, a farm girl who is more than she seems. Thea's actions have unintended consequences that will influence this world's history for thousands of years to come. Ultimately, Thea loses what she loves, but learns who she is.

From the beginnin
Gina Hott
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Hott Synopsis:

Hott Review:
This review is a difficult one to write. I REALLY enjoyed most of the book. The writing is excellent and I loved the story m
Dianne
Do you like to escape into another world and time, walking among the its people and feeling what they feel, imagining what it would be like? With "Gardens of Ampheia," Joshua Silverman has created another journey into the world of Potara, first created in his novel "The Emerald Tablet,” giving us a look into its past and the events that helped shape its present.
Young Thea lives an isolated life with her adopted father who, in spite of being a farmer, insists on training her to fight like a warri
Josie
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for an honest review.

Joshua Silverman's novella, Gardens of Ampheia is a prequel to The Emerald Tablet. A world where Greek and Egyptian beliefs clash with each other, and gods and mystical powers do exist. A wonderful unique world with a mix of mythology.

The history of Potara is set 6,000 years before the story in The Emerald Tablet. In this story we learn more about the world of Potara. The main lead character is Thea. She is a very strong and determined girl who finds hers
Tricia Kristufek
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Purple like the color of the fire?

Thea has trained for war her entire life. Living as a farmer, she has a lonely existence until a horrible accident changes her life -- and life on Potara -- forever.

Though short, this novella packs a lot of history and action. There is much more to Thea than meets the eye, and she discovers things about herself and pieces of her past, leading to life as it's known in The Emerald Tablet.

Thea is a strong character who does the best she can without true guidance.
Ailyn
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ailyn by: joshua silverman
Shelves: fantasy
The cover is not as nice as the contents of the book. I do prefer the Emerald tablet's cover more. But this book is quick and easy to read and I have no problems following Thea on her journey.
Joshua is becoming more comfortable with his own style and there are no hesitations when his characters are involved.
nice read.