Start by marking “Bound to Be a Bride (Regency Reimagined, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Bound to Be a Bride (Regency Reimagined, #0.5)

Bound to Be a Bride

(Regency Reimagined 0.5)

In 1808 tempestuous Isabella, daughter of the Duke of Feria, unites with rebellious Javi, a highborn aristocrat practiced in the art of hojōjutsu, Japanese rope binding. They meet in the forest of western Spain, where both are on the run from an arranged marriage…to each other.
Published April 2nd 2013 by Sourcebooks (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bound to Be a Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to Be a Bride

Beth
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Isabella has been locked away in a convent for years, following every rule and dictate from her father. Now that she is a woman her father has even chosen her husband. Desperate for freedom, Isabella hatches a plot to escape her arranged marriage and head to England.

Javi is an aristocrat and a revolutionist. He is also an expert in hojojutsu (the art of rope binding). He desires a woman who will appreciate his desires and skills and knows that a convent raised wife is not the woman for him. He p
Books4uandme
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I finished this book in one sitting because It was fast paced.
We meet a girl named Isabella who has spent all her life in a convent surrounded by all girls and no men around...her father let's her out of there, only to be betrothed to a very rich and sofisticado man which she does not know. So she does her only option she can think about, running away.
'Javi' has always followed his fathers orders...questioning but always grants his wishes. But once he is told he has to marry some girl named Isab
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: D+

She had proved quite amenable, showing admirable equestrian and culinary skills and generally not making a nuisance of herself.

This story was all over the place, especially the wildly inconsistent, nearly-TSTL heroine and her education at the Convent of Handy Outdoor Survival Techniques.
Eva
“Bound to be a Bride” by Megan Mulry is a rather short novella, under 100 pages. It’s my 2nd Megan Mulry book, a freebee from Amazon. Usually I don’t read anything that short but after “Bound with Honor” I wanted to give it a try.
Doña Isabella de Suárez de Figueroa y Córdoba (yes, it is a rather long and complicated name but being a historian and European I am used to Spanish names) is the 17 year old daughter of a very influential Spanish Duke, the Duke of Feria. Up to the day she was living i
ReadingToTheStarsAndBack

Read full review at ReadingToTheStarsAndBack

** Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for providing me with an eARC of this book. **

I really don’t understand why this has such low ratings on Goodreads. It’s a short read, full of sensual, sexy scenes and did I mention…a dashing Spaniard? **swoon**

Isabelle is getting married. It’s an arranged marriage, and she has never met the man in question. She has become tired of her father’s dictatorship and decides to ran away. On the road she meets
Katie_la_geek
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
For this review and more my blog

Bound to be a Bride sounded awesome I really liked the sound of the storyline and the historical setting. In the end I found this book to be readable but it was a little all over the place.

The characters were decent but seemed to fluctuate in their personalities constantly, especially Isabella. One minute she was rubbing against Javi and desperate to be with him intimately. The next moment she didn’t want him to touch her because it was wrong, even though they we
Rosario Barrera
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Splendid story

Isabella and Javier’s story reads like a classic comedy of errors only to reveal the truth at the end. I enjoyed this story very much and look forward to reading more from this author.
Sandra G. Coffey
WOW!

This was a very, very good story and for it to be short, it totally kept my interest throughout. I'm looking forward to reading other books by Megan.
Michelle R.
Not bad for a freebie.

Skipped through some of the more boring parts.
Kate Crowe
Mar 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Janet
Sometimes song titles pop into my head when I'm reading a book and this time it was "Band on the Run" -- Javi and his band of brothers (mini-band, three of them in all) -- are hell bent for leather to reach the Atlantic coast -- and freedom to pursue their revolutionary activities. Convent raised Isabella is a bride on the run, determined to embrace her inchoate yearnings for freedom and a life without rules. This being a delightful novella, short and sweet, it doesn't take long for a young lady ...more
Ginny Lurcock
Somehow I got it into my head that this book was labeled ���erotica.��� Because of this, my main thought when it came time to review it was ���huh��� for a book labeled erotica there���s sure not a whole lot of smexing going on.���

Wait, let me explain.

I actually read the blurb for this book on Netgalley and I might have actually snorted when I thought ���this is too much, even for me.��� You can imagine my shock when I actually got the book��� I think it was an Idle Hands situation.

So now I���ve
Evie
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to reading this book, how could I not? I love historical romances, especially if there is some spice in them and for some reason (I don't know what), I'd thought this one would have lots of it. Well, it didn't.

It doesn't matter anyway, it is still a good story. I just wonder how good it would've been had it been a full length novel.

Isabella grew up in a convent, the sisters taught her all there was to being the perfect wife, little do they know becoming the perfect wife is
Farrah
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
A unique historical romance novella. Bound to be a Bride was a good read, though it didn't completely work out for me.

I liked the characters. Isabella was strong, determined to gain her independence, and likable.
Javi was incredibly attractive, both in looks and personality, sweet, and a wonderful hero.

I liked how the whole rope-binding thing added a different element to this book. And how it added some extra spice to the bedroom scene.

I liked the story and I loved how it ended.

But, I couldn't ge
Maria
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This saucy novella, by new-to-me author Megan Mulry, takes place in Napoleonic era Spain and features two kindred and independent spirits.

Isabella has been raised in a convent, as many privileged women of her class, where she has been educated and groomed to be a bride to a wealthy and titled family’s son. But that’s not the life she wants for herself. So she intricately plans a journey, hiding her belongings along the way. She plans to escape and live independently, free of the constraints of a
Carin
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Megan Mulry gives us hot and historical, two of my favorite things in a book. The hero, Javi, is based on a real person and the political climate of the book is also based on fact.

I love a spunky heroine and Isabella has spunk in spades. Javi is more interested in what he can do for his country than the bride he is supposed to be marrying. When they both run away from marrying a stranger they run into each other and the chemistry explodes.

I loved the historical accuracy, I love characters from
My Book Addiction and More MBA
BOUND TO BE A BRIDE by Megan Mulry is an exciting historical romance set in 1808 Napoleonic,Spain. This story is based on an actual historical figure,Dona Isabella de Suarez de Figueroa y Cordoba. Javier de la Mina,one of the first gerilla leaders in Napoleonic Spain and Isabella,his attended bride. Not wanting an arranged marriage,they escape,but run into each other in the countryside on their way to the coast. What they find is danger,passion and love. Fast paced and quick read! Passion filled ...more
Alpha Possessive Heroes
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Isabella has been locked away in a convent for years and now her father arranged a marriage for her. She decided to ran away- on the road she met a man.. the man she was supposed to marry. (of course she didn't know this)

The only down side for me is that I couldn't connect with the characters. There was something missing, it's probably because it was a short book, but despite everything- I still enjoyed it and the sexual tensio
Ambrosia Sullivan
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was just okay to me. I am not sure why but I really did not connect with anyone of the characters to well. The writing was okay but the plot was just not what I thought it would be. It was a fast read and not a total bore, I honestly think I may have liked it better if I found the characters more likeable. I won't go into what I thought of Issabelle's Father, of course I am sure we are not supposed to like him and for the time period he was not that much of an oddity.

Well it would see
Shirley
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This one was short, sweet and cute. Kind of predictable, but I still liked it. I picked up Bound to be a Bride after I finished Bound to be a Groom. They aren’t marked as a series, but there are some common characters, both actually introduced and at least one just referred to. It’s also worth mentioning that Bound to be a Bride isn’t nearly as risque as Bound to be a Groom. It’s also not a full length novel, so if you just want a taste of historical romance, this one should be just right. ;)
Stephanie Collins
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I just did not connect with the characters in this one. I'm not sure if it was the shorter format or just the odd from virgin to wanting to be bound and dominated in one short novella that threw me. I get that she didn't want to be controlled after being raised in a convent then being promised to someone in an arranged marriage but I just couldn't seem to completely connect to either main character.

Sorry this wasn't for me but it was interesting to see a story set in Spain….
Kimberlie
May 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, time-wasted
I one-clicked because of another author recommendation AND the subject of Japanese rope tying. I couldn't get interested in the setting or the characters at all. None of it seemed to fit together, and certainly not Japanese bondage which was really just more rope tying than the sexually charged artistic form I was expecting) for a 17 yr old convent-schooled girl.
Diana
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sigh. I love Mulry's voice and I loved this sweet (yes, it's sweet!) and sexy romantic novella. There is just enough historical detail to make it plausible, but I enjoyed this as straight-up fantasy. Lovely writing, lovely couple, lovely fairy tale. I know it's not fair to complain that a novella is too short, but damn, I wanted more!
Nancy Mc Donald
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I was very intrigued by the story, I was not expecting a bit of historical fiction and was pleasantly surprised as to how much I enjoyed the book. It is the first of Megan Multy's works that I have read and I am looking forward to reading more of her works.

Nancy
Irène Wadowski uliasz
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: emprunter
L'intrigue est intéressante mais le rapport des deux principaux protagonistes avec les cordes et les noeuds est vraiment trop bizarre .
Lisa Fenley
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great historical romance novella. Meticulous research (I approve!) and an interesting story. Fun, short romp of a book with a 'tie me up, tie me down' twist. Enjoyed it!
LB
Jun 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at 77% because I didn't feel attached to or interested in any of the characters or their outcome.
Sally Hannoush
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This short love story was fated even when working against a arranged marriage. The writing flowed and the story was entertaining. It gives us just enough information to work.
Stacie Marquart
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I read by this author. I loved this book. Looking forward to reading more of her books
Celeste
I really enjoyed this book, the characters were well put together for a novella, I didn't feel like I was missing any vital info, and the story flowed well.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Hero of My Heart
  • Tempted by His Target
  • A Regency Christmas IV
  • The Lady's Secret
  • Glass Houses
  • One Night in Paradise
  • Border Bride (Border Trilogy I, #1)
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • The Sport of Baronets (Romance of the Turf, #0.5)
  • In Bed With The Boss
  • Love on a Midsummer Night (Shakespeare in Love, #2)
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • The Rake to Ruin Her
  • Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog
  • Lure of Song and Magic
  • His Lordship's Mistress
  • A Dove At Midnight
  • His Convict Wife (Convict Wives #2)
Megan Mulry writes sexy, stylish, romantic fiction. Her first book, A Royal Pain, was an NPR Best Book of 2012 and USA Today bestseller. Before discovering her passion for romance novels, she worked in magazine publishing and finance. After many years in New York, Boston, London, and Chicago, she now lives with her family in Florida.

Regency Reimagined (4 books)
  • Bound to Be a Groom (Regency Reimagined, #1)
  • Bound with Love (Regency Reimagined, #2)
  • Bound with Passion (Regency Reimagined, #3)
  • Bound with Honor (Regency Reimagined, #4)