Start by marking “Fishducky's Fables” as Want to Read:
Fishducky's Fables

Fishducky's Fables

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This book contains every single fairy tale, legend and nursery rhyme ever written (except for the ones Fishducky didn’t include).

Join Rapunzel, the Ugly Duckling, Snow White, Chicken Little, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty & the Beast, Robin Hood and many more beloved characters in this hilarious short story collection that will have you laughing out loud.
Published 2013 by Wayman Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fishducky's Fables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fishducky's Fables

Carol Wyer
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I have laughed out loud at a book, let alone guffawed throughout one, yet this collection of humorous tales, each with a modern twist, had me in stitches.
The tales, based on traditional fairy stories, and other well-known fables, are amusing in themselves with some dry and witty outcomes, but it is Fran's easy conversational style and comic asides that cause the most hilarity. If Fran weren't a writer she would make a terrific comedienne.
Favourite fables? Difficul
Donald Armfield
Has your mother ever said to you. "Oh you look just ducky" well thats what I'm calling this review.

Not a laugh out loud read. Just creative, fast, mixed up fairy tales and Greek myths. The author has creativity that's why I gave it 3*s and not 2.

Favorites. Beauty and the beast, Little Red Riding Hood and How Zebras got their stripes. But this was a so, so read for me.
Tim
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Here is a quick and enjoyable read whose whimsy reminds me of bedtime fable-fracturing to elicit children’s giggles. The stories might produce some chuckles, but the humor throughout is too inconsistent and satirical to draw out any belly laughs. There is a shelf-life to the hilarity of these classical tales since there is much dabbling into recent politics or current social affairs.

Within the span of 120 pages, the author splits familiar genres into five sections: Part One contains fairy tales
Dee Ready
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The cover of "Fishducky’s Fables" hints at the merriment within. Be warned that if you read this entertaining entry into the humor genre, you may have to relinquish some cherished beliefs about fairy tales. What you learned as a child simply wasn’t true!
In Fischer’s book, we chuckle over fractured fairy tales like Rapunzel. We guffaw confides why zebras zig, leopards spot, and kangaroos accessorize with a pouch. These stories are amazingly original. In addition, Fischer weaves tongue-in-cheek m
Chio Duran
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book in order to review it, so here it is! (I really liked it by the way).

This short anthology is divided into 5 segments:
1. Fairytales
2. How it happened
3. Gods, Goddesses, and other important people
4. Sort of Scary stories
5. Nursery Rhymes

These stories were very funny and enjoyable. The author incorporated her own satire and comedic perspective to already known and popular tales. Some of the same old characters were charming but, above all, hilarious!!!

I recommend this book to a
Nancy Silk
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Rhymes and Stories With A Little Kick"

This is a 123-page paperback book I bought primarily for my granddaughter to share with her daughters. I could not help reading it first. These are not the original tales that have been read to children for the past decades. These are humorous similar tales, told in a more modern way, which will entertain the adult reader and may need a little explanation on the quirky parts. There are fairy tales, nursery rhymes, a couple scary tales, and stories of gods a
E.C. Stilson
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a HILARIOUS book! I love regular fairy tales, but these retellings are even better than the originals. I have to say that "Snow White" was my favorite. When I found out who those "dwarfs" really were--I nearly fell over laughing.

Read this and you'll never think of fairy tales the same way again!
Julie