Start by marking “Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)

Fighting to Forgive (Fighting #2)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  14,519 Ratings  ·  995 Reviews
What do you do when everything you avoid, turns out to be exactly what you need?

Easy and predictable, just the way he likes it, Blake Daniels flies through life the way he burns through women: on his terms, no regrets.

With his fighting career in full swing, he's on the threshold of title contention. But when his training is compromised by injury, the stakes grow impossibly
Published November 19th 2013 by JB Salsbury LLC (first published November 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting to Forgive, please sign up.
Whitney If he's close to the same age as Jonah, which he might be cause they are good friends and train together, he's probably about 25, 26, maybe 27, but…moreIf he's close to the same age as Jonah, which he might be cause they are good friends and train together, he's probably about 25, 26, maybe 27, but thats just a guess.(less)

Christy
5 Fighting Stars!

photo 592e4445-1c64-47b3-b362-357398fff1d7_zpseb07784c.jpg
“Anything worth having in this life, you fight to get it. And you don’t stop fighting until you get it.”

After reading this author’s first book, Fighting for Flight, I knew I would love Fighting to Forgive. I love this authors style, and Blake was my favorite character in book one. I wasn’t wrong! For me, this is one of those times when the sequel is better than the first! It was an amazing read!

Have you met Blake ‘The Snake’ Daniels?

photo ab62d66c-eebc-4392-aa3b-1a5298f3fc7c_zpsac517010.jpg

Blake is a popular UFL fighter. He is a f
Amy (Foxy)
”Guys like Blake Daniels are bad news.”
Blake “The Snake”, is a UFL fighter who has an attitude of indifference along with a reputation of being a manwhore. But he wasn’t always that way. As a child he was a sweet loving boy. His father changed his world and his views of the world with his no nonsense approach to parenting him and his brother. He went ’from being a protective kid to a resentful adult.’

”I’m a little crazy, broken, and a mess.”
Layla has a lot of insecurities. I mean a lot! She
Maddie
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cr, favorite, bb, hot, music-and-me

Per me a Prologue is THE book’s reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!
My review!

THIS IS A 10 STAR BOOK FOR ME – Always being one of my top – top favorites!

IF you get one chance for happiness, even if it does not happen WILL YOU TAKE IT – or just let it pass!

The Heights - How Do You Talk To An Angel

“Everyone nee
Amber Rose
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 I love you, Blake so fucking much STARS!!!

J.B. I simply adore you! You made me fall more in love with, Blake then I ever thought could happen. He captured me from the very first chapter. My heart broke for him, I wanted to shelter that poor boy. I believe Blake has turned into one of my favorite book boyfriends!!! Congrats, Blake!!! So, happy to have you apart of my wonderful, fucked up world.
Anyhow, I've been very excited to get into, Blake's head. He is the one that is broken with a fu
Anna

Blake❤

Blake Daniels is a good guy.
A really good guy.
He's an exceptional man wrapped up in a delicious bad-boy package.

Ummmmm swoon!!!!!!!

Enter Layla

She made Blake throw out his no-kids, no-baggage rule ........ It was epic.

" I want them. They're mine"

Crazy never felt so good

Layla was starting over in Las Vegas with her teenage daughter Elle. She was leaving behind a torturous marriage from hell to a creep that got her pregnant when she was 16. Layla rocked. I'm a huge fan of strong lea
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Mar 04, 2013 marked it as top-prio-bookpause4top-prio
Jamie Posted a teaser!!!!4/6/13

YUM! More Blake please!!!!

photo tumblr_mhyow9WHHy1s56hjvo1_500_zps1a20b0b4.gif

Fighting to Forgive
Chapter 1, paragraph 1

Blake

“I’d like to make a toast.” I’m drunk as hell, feeling zero pain. The club is crowded and humming with energy. Just like every other club in town tonight.
It’s New Year’s Eve in Las-motherfucking-Vegas.
I climb up my barstool and stagger-stand on the bar. So ready to put this fucked up year behind me, I check the countdown clock.
Fifty-two minutes.
Raising my glass, the crowd below cheers me on, ch
Sopha Vimolseng
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
For some reason I wanted it to be Blake and Eve. I wonder if Eve will get her HEA
DKristin
I really don't know where to start. I know one thing is for sure I need more stars. Like ten million more. I absolutely LOVED Fighting For Flight. It is still hands down just one of my favorite books! I did not know what to expect from Jamie the second time around but I hoped and wished that it would be of the same quality, and I am happy to report that I was not disappointed. I don't know how she does it but these stories tackle some very difficult and gut wrenching material--issues of abuse a ...more
Catarina
4 Amazing Fighting Stars!!

description

After a marriage from hell, Layla picks her daughter and they start fresh in Las Vegas. All she wants now is a good and safe home… that not includes a bad-boy, sexy-as-sin playboy and UFC fighter, like Blake.
Blake doesn’t want a woman with baggage: he wants them easy and fast to leave. “Unfortunately” for both, lie gets them in each other way, and as feelings start to grow and their walls starts to crumble, you must get yourself ready for a steamy and amazing love st
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 SEXY BLAKE STARS

I’m doing a re-read via Audio Version. I think audio books are the perfect solution when you don’t have time to read. I carry my phone EVERYWHERE and if I’m doing chores, running errands or even working, I just put my earbuds on and listen to my books.

I’m a mega fan of this series and it’s not only because I’m a fan of the covers and I think the author is completely fantastic. I LOVE the emotions I feel when I read/listen to these books. Not only it’s a “fighting” kind of read,
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-sports-men
I started to be excited about this book as soon I read

"Remind me when I decide o settle down to find a girl wihtout baggage. Preferably one with no family." He hold up his hand and starts ticking off fingers with each stipulation. "No kids, ex-husbands, pyscho dads, fucking skeletons in the closet. None of that shit."
"It's gonna take a special girl to put up with your ass, Blake. You got no room to be picky."
"I'm serious, man. I'd rather stay single my entire life, banging anyone who can ke
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

I absolutely loved this book just like I knew I would!

After reading just 10% I knew I was going to love Blake's story.

After reading Fighting for flight we were all looking forward to Blake's story...

What happens when a guy who does everything in his power not to feel anything can't avoid it anymore?

Blake Daniels likes his life simple, to drama no baggage. Uncomplicated....

His been through too much in his past to get himself caught up in someone else's drama because he has so much of his own ske
Penny
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Note about the series in general:
The love stories in this series are pretty good. I have enjoyed all of them.
However, the characters, both females and males, lack judgment and in some cases, intelligence. There is chauvinism here and the men are controlling and impulsive.
Despite this, the books are worth reading and thus, Ill keep following this series.
Roksana
WARNING...This book is not safe...Just could't carry on up to 45%

This book has triggers I am extremely uncomfortable with:
 photo tumblr_m7eq4t1nb31rziwwco1_1280_zpsxbbafldn.gif
1. Indecisive manwhore Hero: is not falling hard for the heroine, instead he fights the attraction and any commitment except sex.
2. Sex scenes with OW: Hero making out with the OW in front of the heroine whiles having developed filling for the heroine...Heroine is distraught catching them in his car in the act
3. Hero tries to kiss the heroine after his tongue was deep in OW
Candace
I finally got around to listening to this audiobook that I've had on my TBR list for quite some time. I loved the first book in the series, but it had been a long time since I read it, so I forgot some of the backstory. Luckily, it all came back pretty easily. Although, this book could easily be read as a stand-alone book. The background information was nice to know, but not necessary to understand or enjoy this book.

On the run from her life of abuse, Layla takes a job in Las Vegas as an assista
Rag
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 'The Snake' Stars

“Some women call me fine, I prefer handsome.Sexy works too, or you can call me Blake.”

photo image_zps65urzzt7.jpg

This book(so far) is my favorite book in this series. From the moment I met 'Blake the Snake' at Fighting For Flight, you could say it was love at first sight. I had no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't love him/his book.

Layla Moorehead moved to Las Vegas from Settle for a new start. She just wants whats right for her and her 16 year old teenage daughter. She had her daughter when she was
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 what happened to Blake stars....

I LOOOOOOOOVED Blake from Fighting for Flight and could not wait for him to receive his own book....

dancing photo tumblr_mvyf77KlZe1rha9l6o1_400_zps86990a97.gif

But the Blake in this book was not the same Blake from Book 1...AT ALL.....I don't even remember him being funny in this book...

yep i went there photo tumblr_mok6k6kId71sqqfieo1_500_zps6f7dd258.gif

Things I liked
1. I liked that Layla had a daughter and Blake's interaction with her.
2. I liked that Raven and Jonah were in this book
3. I loooove Eve!
4. I like that even though the story was pretty predictable there were a few twists.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
As I write this, I'm 27% into book one and I'm already looking forward to Blake's story. He's hot, raunchy, and dirty-mouthed -- and I just love him! Can't wait!!
✿kawehi.reviews
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Available for pre-order HERE!!

“Mouse… I love you. I’ve never loved anyone in my entire life. And then you come along, and… my music, my fighting? None of it means anything without you. My life means nothing without you.”

The good: Very well-written and crafted !! It has a solid and refreshing plot line; as well as great story elements and likable characters.
The bad: Nothing constructive to embellish on.

•.. ♥★

The characters:

description
Blake “The Snake” Daniels: “Some women call me fine, I prefer handsome.
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
5 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

That feeling when I read a book and my heart is beating out my chest, I'm grinning like an idiot at the end and drooling swooning over the hero doesn't come along often. Layla moves to Vegas to build a new life for herself and her daughter. Starting a new job, let us meet 'the snake' Blake:

Some women call me fine, I prefer handsome... Sexy works too, or you can call me Blake.

I was very satisfied with the pace of their relationship. Blake had a bit of a hard past, Alpha male but cheek
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5--Forgiving--Stars!!

"I know it sounds silly. But, everyone needs someone fighting in their corner, Blake. I've never had that, and neither have you. You own my heart, and everything that comes with it."

I liked this one....but it was pretty predictable and the storyline unfortunately wasn't anything new.

Fighting to Forgive is Blake's story. I fell in love with Blake in Fighting for Flight but he seemed different to me in Forgive. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily because I really like
Jen
I really enjoyed this one. Blake was a guy that took me by such surprise! He has many layers, and as each one peeled away, I loved him more and more! Review To Come!
Carmen Rae
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok first I have to start with a massive

to J.B. Salsbury for the ARC generously provided to us at Sizzling Pages we hugely appreciate it.

I have a confession to make. I wasn't expecting much from this book. I know that sounds bad but I really loved Raven in Fighting for Flight| and I figured there was no way I would like the second book as much as the first so I went in preparing for disappointment. I am so glad that I was wrong and this book was just as awesome as the first AND that we got t
Jenn
3.5 Fighting Stars

In Fighting for Flight Blake says:

"Remind me when I decide to settle down to find a girl with out baggage. Preferably one with no family." He holds up his hand and starts ticking off fingers with each stipulation. "No kids, ex-husbands, psycho dads, [Effing] skeletons in the closet. None of that [crap],"

Famous last words right? For Blake, it ends up being his saving grace. Some of those things he mentioned is what frees him of his demons and opens him up to a happier world i
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.B. Salsbury did it again. This book is

engaging..
hot...
passionate...
romantic... &
heartening.

This time it's about Blake a.k.a. Snake and Layla.

For Blake, women are weak, and he prefers them Easy and predictable, and without complication. Until Layla…

Layla is broken, got raped, got pregnant and forced into marriage to save face at the age of 16… Emotionally abused by her husband, has made her insecure and terrified. After finally having the courage to leave her abusive husband, she vows to
Sarah Robinson
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with this series! Blake is my favorite so far. Even after reading the other books, he's still my #1. This series has it all, romance, suspense, intrigue, heartbreak. I just love it!
Kirsty
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
* 5 BIG stars! *

Ladies and gents.. take note. That is exactly how you write a sequel. So often these days I wait months and months for a sequel, feeling so excited and I'm.. disappointed. It's not as good as the first, I lose interested and ultimately wish I had never bothered. I was SO pleased that that wasn't the case here.

Anyone who read Fighting for Flight will remember Blake and, if you're anything like me, already be loving him big time. The second I knew the next book in the series was g
Plamena
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

Okay...I just finished reading this one and let me tell you: WOW! I loved it! I couldn’t put this book down! I really liked Fighting for Flight (the first book in the series) but this one just blew me away!

This is the story of Blake and Layla. Two people fighting their pasts and trying to cope with life. Blake is the absolute playboy- different women every night, no relationships, no
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Mar 14, 2013 marked it as not-yet-released
*chanting* BLAKE BLAKE BLAKE BLAKE BLAKE

Fighting to Forgive, Excerpt:
(narrated by Blake himself! *swoon*)

It’s New Year’s Eve in Las-motherfucking-Vegas.
Fifty-two minutes.
Raising my glass, the crowd below cheers me on,
Nashoda Rose
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW. HOT. Hot. Hot. The sexual tension had me going to bed early just so i could get back to Blake and Layla. Amazing! This had it all-sex, humor, sarcasm, suspense, drama, heat+++ and a sexy alpha male you want to smack, but soon discover so much more hidden beneath the surface. Love that!
How old is Blake? 5 163 Jun 27, 2014 01:39AM
Impressed with this author! 12 62 Jun 16, 2014 07:26AM
Nook available???????? 4 25 Nov 20, 2013 08:38AM
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Night Moves (G-Man, #3)
  • Fighting Love (Love to the Extreme, #2)
  • Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)
  • Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)
  • Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again, #2)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Remy (Real, #3)
  • Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5)
  • Chasing Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #1)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh
More about J.B. Salsbury

Fighting (8 books)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)
  • Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)
  • Fighting for Forever (Fighting, #5)
  • Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)
  • The Final Fight (Fighting, #7)
  • Uncaged: A Fighting for Flight Short Story

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Anything worth having in this life, you fight to get. And you don’t stop fighting until you get it.” 27 likes
“What’s a girl like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?” 15 likes