Start by marking “Dahlia (Blood Crave, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dahlia (Blood Crave, #1)

Dahlia

(Blood Crave #1)

What would you do if your dreams were more than just dreams?

When you knew in the depths of your soul that you were unlike the rest?

For seventeen-year-old Dahlia Winters, this is her truth. Her coping mechanism is to simply forget and deny the strangeness that is her life. Orphaned, her past remains a mystery. Now residing with a foster family, she finally feels normal--or
Kindle Edition, Second Edition
Published February 27th 2013 (first published December 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dahlia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dahlia

Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

Dahlia is the protagonist in this book, she's an orphan who has lived with foster family to foster family never able to fit in and has no memory prior that of being five, scars down her back from an unknown accident and a very life-like dream featuring a wolf and lots of blood.
All Dahlia knows is she's different but upon settling in with her new foster family where she actually feels somewhat wel
Kimber Wheaton
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I received these books from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Dahlia is book one in The Blood Crave Series. This series has something for everyone: fallen angels, vampire-like beings, familiars, and of course humans oblivious to the magical chaos surrounding them. Main character Dahlia, has been in an orphanage or foster care since she was five and has no memories of her life prior to that. When she moves in with a new foster family, her dreams for a normal life fly out the window.

The
Dianne
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Paranormal Readers
Dahlia, by Debut author, Christina Channelle introduces us to a young girl, Dahlia Winters, who has never felt right in her own skin. From early in her memories, Dahlia has felt a presence watching her as she fumbled through a life fraught with loneliness and instability. As a young child in an orphanage, Dahlia never fit in. She failed to adjust to foster care until one family took her in as a teenager and began to break through her armor. At the same time strange things began to happen to Dahl ...more
Emily Godwin
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read Christina's contemporary novella Those Four Letter Words first and absolutely loved her writing style, so I decided to read her Blood Crave series too. I am so so so glad I did. Her books are very well written and just outright beautiful.

I wish I could give this book 500,000 stars! It was a different take on vampires and fallen angels that will really just suck you in from the very first page.

Dahlia is by far the best paranormal book that I've read in a very long time. The main character
a_tiffyfit
Dahlia...oh, Dahlia. A VERY interesting take on vampires and their origins. This is the beginning to what will be a great series, I am sure. This is the foundation novel: we get to know Dahlia, we're introduced to Greyson, we're learning the background of everything. So this book is a little slow in that there isn't a rapid jump into action. It is more of a discovery journey, something that a lot of series lack.

Without giving away what she is, for I really hate spoilers, let's just say
Kelsi
I feel like this book had potential to be good but the execution was awful. The characters felt flat and the book was in desperate need of an editor. There were words missing, repeated words, and words that didn't mean what the author meant to say. I don't think I will be continuing with this series.
Bailee
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I adore the world that the author created in this novel. It is a very complex situation that was created in this novel, fraught with ancient enemies and lies from those closest to the main character. Battle lines have been drawn for centuries, yet the girl who is the key to it all seems less than aware of what is to come. Beautiful, intricate, and complicate can describe the problems that are faced by the main character. But it is just the beginning. One battle does not win the war.

Dahlia by Chr
Kalpit
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new Vampire series called the Blood Crave Series has born and Dahlia is the very first installment of the series.

What an outstanding and inciting start to the Blood Crave series with Dahlia. It just sucked me in right from the very beginning.

The story kicks in with highly detailed character "Dahlia", a orphanage girl living with a foster family (mom, dad and brother).
Each and every character is highly detailed with beautiful and highly refreshing writing style and each emotion is tackled to sh
Madiha
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, blog-tour
Received as part of a blog tour! Do drop by @ The Smell of Parchment.

Truth be told I wasn't expecting much from this one. But for a debut, this one's actually good! The premise doesn't let on much.

Dahlia Winter's has always known there was something different about her. One of her earliest memories is the feeling of being watched , she's known this even at the young age of five. She never fit into the foster system until one family decides to take her in and starts breaking her shell. Soon she
Paper Crushes
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let me first start out by saying, I am completely surprised that Dahlia is Christina’s first novel. This book was beyond amazing, and I really hope for more on the forming relationship between Dahlia and Greyson as they make their way to Fallon.

Dahlia is a seventeen year old girl who just finds out that she is part lapsus and part lamia, which are terms you are probably unfamiliar with but in all reality you are not. Just read the book, and you’ll figure out exactly what I mean. When she was you
Kristine
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
A slower paced young adult supernatural romance novel rated with THREE STARS!

Dahlia begins with a young girl at an orphanage who is left with a chunk of her past missing leaving her with many questions. Throughout the pages several answers are found, however, I found that the book was a lot more slower paced then necessary. The descriptions were absolutely amazing, however, I found that the author was distracted from the story at times to write full descriptions for nearly every thing covered wi
Lou
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very different and unique approach to vampires; or should I say Lamia. I've never read a book that has the perspective the vampires were originally created by Fallen Angels. This perspective and Christina Channelle's writing style work so well together and are quite refreshing.

The plot moves at a reasonable pace. The start seems a little slower but as this is the first book in the series there is a lot of background information being given to the readers and to Dahlia; who discovers wh
Valerie
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The story begins with Dahlia a 17 year old girl who has been fostered into a family after having gone through a few homes. She is a very shy.. and I say that as most of the story she has her head down..yet she also has a very defiant mode to her. Her foster home I'm sure is unaware of her past history and the reason Dahlia is so special. Her foster brother Sam although comes across as a bit brash in the beginning tends to show that he has true concern over her in the rest of the book. Dahlia has ...more
Queenielyn
The title of the book is similar to the main character's name who is apparently, Dahlia. Dahlia has showed to the readers the following events of her life as she discovers about her unique abilities as an individual.

Dahlia is a character who, to me, has appealing qualities even though she is the type of character who keeps to herself most of the time. I could understand what's like to live her life as I could see myself reflected in her. As a reader, I could relate to how she felt through the pa
Step Into Fiction
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ashley
Dahlia started out as a mystery that slowly was unavailing throughout the story, but we still don't know everything piece to this puzzle, but that's why this is a series, and not a stand alone book. I really enjoyed this book from the first page to the last page. It pulled me in and kept me thinking about it when I wasn't reading it. A very different world, with both fallen angels and vampires. Different twist, but believable and fun twist!

We start out learning alla bout Dahlia, and her past, or
Amber
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! I wasn't sure how well the supernatural elements would mix, and I was worried it would become clichéd, but this book managed to avoid all of that and create a story around something completely original in its history. The characters were credible, and their descriptions were well-written. I began to feel envious of Dahlia, despite her perils, because she's a sort of "everyman" - a nobody growing up, a nobody through high school, and then something spectacular happened, som ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dahlia is a unique take on the history or vampires and fallen angels and their abilities. Dahlia is a likeable character, she's been a foster child in the system since the age of five, and can't remember anything of her life before the orphanage. She understands that she isn't like other children, at times she believes she may be mentally ill. You'll find yourself empathizing with Dahlia. She is a lost soul, trying to find her place in the world.

Well paced and unique storyline. I really enjoyed
Reyna
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Full Review on my blog!!
www.GlamourGlory.com

First I have to say that I love the cover, but I didn't picture Dahlia looking like that at all. In the book she is in jeans and t-shirts, covering her beauty. So, the cover felt to me like it didn't go with the story, but was very pretty nonetheless. As far as the book...
Debra Ann Miller
I loved the story! What a unique twist on the vampire bloodline. Christina's writing is refreshing. I felt like I was right there in the story with Dahila as she uncovered each new puzzle piece to her existence. Way to go Christina...looking forward to reading your next book :)
Dvora
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Dvora by: Christina Channelle
I really enjoyed this story a lot. My only complaint was that it took a bit long to get to find out what she was exactly. That being said, the story leading up to that part was very interesting and it kept me wanting more!
Mechele
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mecheles-reviews
Read my review at readforyourfuture.blogspot.com :)
Farrah
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

An interesting take on vampires. Blood Crave was a lovely read.

I liked how the origin of vampires was given a different spin in this book. It's a unique look at vampire mythology. It was well explained, though I wish that I had a more in depth look at the rest of the mythology within this book-more into the angels and the children of the fallen angels.

Dahila was a good character. She was likable, though I wish she had
Samantha
Dahlia tells the story of a young woman named, you guessed it, Dahlia. She has been through foster home after foster home, but now that she has been in her current one for 6 months, she is being to feel like things might be normal. That is, until she starts feeling watched all the time, and a strange young man with green eyes won't leave her alone.
I liked the spin on vampires and fallen angels in this story. I've read things sort of like it before, but it still had unique elements to make its o
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blood-crave
Favorite Lines "That, was the moment when I knew I was different.”

“For the first time Greyson could ever remember, he felt true heartache”

Wow I can't imagine living the life Dahlia has! How terrifying to have the nightmares she does, to crave blood? (Shivers)
Greyson gets the wind knocked out of him when he sees Dahlia! She's amazing. He wants to protect her. Only problem is how does he protect her from him? He's made a deal with a devil so to speak, that devil wants Dahlia or more specifically h
Alysa H.
Mar 26, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Sadly the writing is not very good, and neither is the plot. Plus the characters' voices are all kind of undifferentiated -- even the "very special snowflake" title character.

Apart from a very purple prologue, the paranormal elements are not really introduced until well into the book (or so I gather, having not gotten even that far), and its all pretty tedious already so I'm not really tempted to continue.
Christina
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Weird to be reviewing my own book but here it goes...

"Dahlia" is the first book in a series that introduces some of the characters in the Blood Crave Series world. It's about an ordinary girl who actually isn't so ordinary as she discovers who she really is. "Dahlia" has some intrigue, humor, and a little bit of romance :)

A revised version has been recently published and I am ecstatic with the changes made. I hope you enjoy!
Tia
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shana
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
couldn't finish this book. I struggled to get to 50%. the story line was terribly slow and to in depth. it drug on forever before it even introduced the paranormal beginnings of the story. the cover is beautiful but if you cant cement my interest way before 50%, then its a no go.
Jeff
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. Kept me interested the whole way through. I enjoyed it a lot.
International Gir...: Listopia: Dahlia by Christina Channelle 1 35 Aug 13, 2013 05:48PM
International Gir...: Dahlia by Christina Channelle 49 69 Aug 11, 2013 05:49PM
YA/NA FANATICS: Paperback Giveaway 1 8 Jun 10, 2013 04:12PM
Indie and Proud: Dahlia (Blood Crave, #1) & 2 short stories 1 4 Apr 19, 2013 03:03PM

• Destined (Destined, #1)
  • Blood Orange Soda
  • Cheating Death
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • Reaper's Legacy (Toxic City, #2)
  • Crazy Ex-Ghoulfriend
  • Black Moon (Paige Tailor, #1)
  • Moonglow (The Darkborn Legacy, #1)
  • The Frey Saga
  • Awakened (Few Are Angels, #2)
  • The Hunted Series
  • Dust (Of Dust and Darkness, #1)
  • Caterpillar (The Metamorphosis Trilogy #1)
  • Pure (Pure, #1)
  • The Soul's Mark: HUNTED (The Soul's Mark, #2)
  • The Other Side of Silence
  • Soul Control
Christina Channelle is the author of Young Adult and New Adult Fiction, her series including Four Letters and Blood Crave. She's happily addicted to coffee, the colour green, and Netflix. She's also partial to writing about angsty girls who may or may not have a potty mouth.

Christina was born and raised in the Greater Toronto Area, graduating with both Bachelor of Arts and Doctorate degrees. She

Blood Crave (3 books)
  • Rowan (Blood Crave, #2)
  • Sage (Blood Crave, #3)
“I actually wanted to drive a stake through your heart when you first came here, all silent and moody. But you're not so bad, after all.” 4 likes
“Do you trust me, Sam?"
"Yeah, of course I do. What's that got to do with the letter opener in your hand you're brandishing like a weapon?”
1 likes