Start by marking “Cascade Effect (The Physics of Falling, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cascade Effect (The Physics of Falling, #2)

Cascade Effect

(The Physics of Falling #2)

Jake has married his emperor, but happily ever after is for fairy tales.

The empire is restless. The nobility isn’t hiding their distaste for Jake, the unclass who married the emperor. The unclass see him as proof that they can be more, and they’re not going to sit by and wait any longer.

And someone is trying to kill Jake.

As friends becom
Published April 5th 2013 by Dragon Moon Press (first published April 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cascade Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cascade Effect

Start your review of Cascade Effect (The Physics of Falling, #2)
Kris
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's always interesting to see traditional gender roles upset or reversed in fiction. After reading Cascade Effect I do believe we can safely say that this is Leah Petersen's wheelhouse.

Cascade Effect is the sequel to Fighting Gravity, and follows newlywed and newly-princed Jake Dawes as he navigates married life as the second-most important person in a star-spanning empire, the most important person being his husband, the Emperor.

Yes, it's one of "those books", as some p
K. Turner
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm surprised there aren't more reviews!

I've read the book before, and decided to go back and re-read the series again. I'm glad I did! I remember the characters so well and it was like finally hanging out with a friend I haven't seen for a long time. And I'm glad that this series held up for a second read. If you are absolutely against any typos, I caught a few, though they slipped by mostly unnoticed as I was so engrossed in the story. I read this book in one day both times I've re
Jeffrey Pfaller
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Was super excited to get my hands on an early eBook of Leah's sci-fi sequel, Cascade Effect - I'd read a version of it long, long ago before it got picked up by Dragon Moon Press, so I was curious to see what it'd turned into.

Petersen seems to be following a similar structure to cinematic comic book trilogies. The first tale (Fighting Gravity) is a pure origin story. Where our hero, Jake, came from, and the process of stepping into a role larger than anything he could have imagined.
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Well I hopped right into this book. I had to know the answers to the questions that were left off in the last book. Of course, nothing is ever smooth sailing for Pete and Jake. I really enjoyed reading more about Pete/Jake and see how things pan out after the are married. Will things get better? Worse? What will happen to society/unclass.

In this book, someone/s are trying to kill Jake. Poor fellows, do not get a moment of peace. Jake's status has been changed to Duke. Now, according
R.B. Wood
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the second book of the Physics of Falling series, called Cascade Effect, author Leah Petersen builds on the origin story of Fighting Gravity and throws our newlyweds—Jake and Pete—into the political machinations and maneuvering of the Emperor’s court.

The future in Petersen’s universe has made peace with the subject of homosexuality, but still struggles with class as the elite of the Empire continue to scheme against the young couple. The intricate web woven here reminded me greatly of
Brienne E.
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Leah Petersen has written an excellent continuation of the life of Jacob (Jake) Dawes. Regardless of the Emperor's forgiveness, there was bound to be cascading effects of to their marriage. Jacob takes it upon himself to stand up to the bullies, but these bullies aren't playing the playground game he's use to. He doesn't know how to play, what rules are, or even which game it is. All he knows is that it's his life their messing with, and he can't let them get away with it. And if that wasn't eno ...more
Chrissy Dyer
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of this Trilogy answers a lot of questions about Jacob. I was glad that the pieces fell into place. This is an excellent Trilogy especially for people who are not into Sci-Fi. It has changed my idea of Sci-Fi. Can't wait to finish the Trilogy to find out how it ends!!!
Hellga
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Definitely an improvement from the Book 1.
Michelle
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cascade Effect, the sequel to Fighting Gravity by Leah Petersen, is a deeply moving science fiction novel told from the perspective of Jacob Dawes, the Emperor’s newly wed husband, as he attempts to avoid assassins who believe that his low birth should bar him from the palace grounds and the ranks of royalty. His very existence now threatens the status quo, and Jacob, for his part, is well aware of what is at stake not only for himself but for billions of so-called unclass citizens throughout th ...more
Stephanie Shumaker
Jan 16, 2016
Fannishsunny
Apr 13, 2013
Dascha
Feb 26, 2018
Emily
rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2014
Oct 30, 2013
Brendan Johnson
Jan 10, 2017
Leah Petersen
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Carrie
Apr 25, 2014
Leah Petersen lives in North Carolina manipulating numbers by day and the universe by night. She prides herself on being able to hold a book with her feet so she can knit while reading. She’s still working on knitting while writing.

You can also visit on Facebook:

The Physics of Falling (3 books)
  • Fighting Gravity (Physics of Falling, #1)
  • Impact Velocity (The Physics of Falling, #3)