Start by marking “Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)

Wait for You (Wait for You #1)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  113,969 Ratings  ·  7,503 Reviews
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attent
Published April 2nd 2013 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wait for You, please sign up.

Emma Smith I'm 15 and I've read books way worse than this. To be honest, if your daughter has been reading books like this for a while then stopping it now won't…moreI'm 15 and I've read books way worse than this. To be honest, if your daughter has been reading books like this for a while then stopping it now won't make a difference. Besides, some of those books are amazing with awesome storylines and characters. Be happy she's even reading books, not many kids still do these days (less)

kris
Feb 28, 2013 kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading this book I dont think that cookies and eggs will be the same for me.

Avery

Avery is starting college but all she wants is to start a new life.
Just consider how lucky she is.
She is living next to a HOTTIE.

Cam

They are both attending astronomy and that brings them closer.

Cam is determined to go out with her so he is asking her everyday but she is always turning him down.

"Go out with me Avery."
"No".
"See?She keeps turning me down."
Jacob shook his head
"You're an idiot Avery."

He wants to
Emily May
Aug 10, 2013 Emily May rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

I'm almost tempted to just give Wait for You 5 stars because I haven't laughed this much at a book since I don't even remember when. I'm laughing while writing this review (there's no one else in the house, so that's kinda creepy I guess) and it's really not funny, to be h
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“You want to say yes, but you’re just not ready.”
My jaw dropped.
“It’s okay.” His grin turned cocky. “I’m a lot to handle, but I can assure you, you’ll have fun handling me.”

This book =>

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A perfect mix of swoony, wonderful, romantic, heartbreaking, angsty, dramatic and beautiful <3

Me, while reading the book

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From page one, I've had the goofy smile on my face, and my grinning just got bigger and bigger till my cheeks hurt :D
I loved it from star to finish, the romantic parts especially cause I'
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 27, 2013 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

4.5 stars -- He had me at sweetheart ♥

This book was JUST what I needed right now!!

I totally understand why everyone is raving about it! I was swooning from the first page and didn’t want to put it down till I finished it. Not to mention that amazing fact that it is a stand-alone!!! A completed romance with a happy ending that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy. I LOVED IT!!

Now, while I fell into insta-love with this book, I very much appreciated that the characters didn’t. I loved that their re
Kristen
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Charming 4 1/2 stars!

I very much enjoyed reading this book. It was one of the most endearing, touching, and fun friends-to-lovers tropes I've read in a long time. I adored and swooned over Cam (Oh, how I LOVED him), sympathized with and understood Avery, and felt they shined brilliantly together.

I did feel this book leaned more toward Young Adult in content than New Adult, but that's why it appealed to me. There was a freshness and youthfulness to this b
Natalie Monroe

Drinking game! Every time something cliche happens, take a shot. Warning: alcohol poisoning is a real risk and you should consult your doctor before reading.

Cliche #1

Avery trips on her first day of school and is saved by a cute guy, aka, Cam. He's also kind of a douche. Very shoujo manga-ish.

Cliche #2

Avery and Cam are in the same class.

Cliche #3

Did I mention they're also partners for a school project?

Cliche #4

And are neighbors in their dorm.

"I live here."

I gaped at him. The whole half
Tough Critic Book Reviews
4.5~stars

Going commando and a spoonful of funfetti icing...

First off, I’m extremely mad at you world for not making me read this book sooner. No seriously, WHAT THE HELL!?!?

It seems like lately my life has been nothing, but good books...decent books. Books that are just...okay. I have been drowning, completely submerged in 3~star books. I’ve been sinking faster than the Titanic. Wait for You was my life raft! I’m saved!! ~Cue the hallelujah chorus~

Let me start by twat kicking some of the negati
Kristin (KC)
Feb 10, 2013 Kristin (KC) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
An extremely sexy, entertaining read!

Every aspect of this story was engaging; from the lovable characters to the quirky dialogue and superb writing...I fell head-over-heels in literary love with this story!

Avery Morgansten has a secret—one that has her fleeing to the other side of the country to escape. Her cold-hearted parents are a despicable source of authority and Avery enters her new college completely alone...that is, until her sexy 'run-in' with Cam.

People got out of the way for Cam. He
Jessica (priceiswong)
Jan 10, 2015 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
SO. FREAKING. GOOD. way better than I expected. Why is Jennifer L. Armentrout forever cursed with bad covers though?
Christy
5 Stars!

Wait For You is one of books that I just couldn’t put down. Once I started, I was a goner. The main reason for that??? This guy-

CAM
 photo e0f90d29-6aa1-410d-9d91-cd029edc6d44_zps0ac1f677.jpg
Sweet baby Jesus, Blue Eyes was...
He was gorgeous in all the ways that made girls do stupid things.

Wait For You was a story about a girl named AVERY

photo WaitforyouAvery_zps0ccfba22.jpg
Whoever came up with the saying you can’t escape your past really knew what they were talking about.

Avery has not had an easy life. She is nineteen years old, and living away from her family. Away from the p
~ Becs ~
I’m dusting off that seldom used fifth star for this one – it really is that good! I'm doing happy Jumping Jacks with glittery pom poms!!

I think it’s fair to say that my relationship with New Adult Romance has been rocky, at best. It promised me so much but, after a few casual and fun dates, I got burned by a bad book, totally betrayed by a hero that promised to be gorgeous, alpha and protective but ended up being a hero that I just wanted to throw rocks at and I retreated to lick my wounds so,
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

WARNING: I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATED THIS BOOK WITH A FIERY PASSION. IF YOU LOVED IT, YOU PROBABLY WON’T LIKE THIS REVIEW. ALSO – THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

Still here? Alrighty then . . .

On motherf-ing page THREE we have our meet/cute where the girl literally runs into the boy and I discover this story will be one of my most hated of all tropes – a “superbadawful happened long long ago that new love interest will magically fix with all of his w
oliviasbooks
**** If it is possible to spoil a story that has practically no mentionable plot and no mystery, but makes do with a certain set of formulaic elements (see farther below), spinning them in circles to make the experience last longer, then be warned: Spoilers line the rocky road ****

I am seldom that outspoken, but in this case I just have to say it aloud - probably all the 'fucks' and 'shits' the characters flung about celebrating their verbal New Adult freedom rubbed off on me: In my opinion "Wai
KAS
Mar 13, 2017 KAS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 Stars

A SLOW BURN TO THE NTH DEGREE

I love the NA genre and have been wanting to read something by this author. As soon as I started the first chapter, I knew I was in for a treat.

The MC's, Avery and Cam, were exactly what I hoped for. Avery is sassy, determined and says whatever she feels like, but is emotionally flawed. Cam is adorably full of himself, fun to be around, and oh so confident and sinfully gorgeous.

Girls clamor to be with Cam, but he sets his sights on the red-headed beauty,
Lucia
Feb 03, 2013 Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4.5 swoonworthy stars! New-Adult romance at its best!
My Cameron and Avery:

Avery is starting college, far away from her home, ever critical parents and her past. She wants just one single thing - to start over and have a normal life with noone knowing what had happened to her five years ago when she was only fourteen and what made her closed and uncomfortable around others. But what she is not expecting is Cameron - popular, extremely good looking and real charmer who is determined to get to know
Maggie
Dec 20, 2016 Maggie rated it really liked it
12/26/16: EDIT
I'm rating this 4 stars because I'm realizing I'm not enjoying the rest of the books and I'm giving them low ratings. Also, 3 stars means the book was okay, and this was more than okay. As of now, this is my favorite and I've given 1 and 2 stars to the next books, so this has to be 4 stars.

Leaning back against Cam's chest, I tipped my head back and I reached up, cupping his cheek. I drew his mouth to mine and kissed him softly. “Thank you.”
His lips curved up on one side. “For what
Wendy Higgins
All I know is that I wish everyone could have their own personal Cam... *sigh*

(This title is NA (new adult), not YA)
Whitney Atkinson

Trigger Warning: Rape

Aight.... So I'm in the middle of literally like 6 books and last night i was like U KNOW WHAT I JUST NEED SOMETHING EASY AND LIGHT AND FUN AND SMUTTY SO HECK IT I'M GONNA READ THIS and i promptly read it in 2 sittings before i went to bed and right when i woke up.

A history of my and JLA's relationship: I was obsessed with the Luxe series when I was like 15 but stopped liking them after book 3 when it got too smutty and weird. I've read a few of her more recent nov
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
+5 COOKIES STARS <3

""Are you sure?" "I have cookies."
"Cookies?"
"Yeah, and I made them.I'm quite the baker."

description

Amazing!!!I loved it so much!It was beautiful, emotional and at many parts hilarious!!I didn't want to finished reading it, the story was so addictive!And the part about the cookies...omg :)) It was hilarious!!!I will definately eat Cam's cookies!!!

The book starts with Avery who was seeking a new life and she goes from Texas in a college to West Virginia.Something bother her from her pa
Jasmine
3 - 3.5 COOKIE STARS! ★★★☆

“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

Yup. Don't think I'll ever see a cookie in the same way again ;D

Anywho. GAH I couldn't really settle with a rating for this one because the first half of the book felt like a solid 4, but the second half starting getting on my nerves with Avery. And there's Cam and his pet tortoise Raphael who I would give 5 stars to.

The thing with NA reads is that it's very hard to please with all the recycled plots
Beth Michele
Mar 01, 2013 Beth Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favs
(Tapping my finger against the side of my head) Where to begin.

First off, I will never look at cookies and eggs the same way again. I love cookies, and if that's a code word for something else, then I'll take that too. Nor will I be able to eat them without thinking about CAM. Sigh. He was incredibly hot, right down to that sun tattoo, absolutely, but it was something more. It was his sense of humor (love that), his playfulness, his thoughtfulness. Loved during their intimate moments how he woul
DW
Sep 04, 2016 DW rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wait-for-you
Cam Hamilton just won the best boyfriend award. I'm telling you, it does not get much better than this absolute perfect in every possible way guy!!

photo 99B7DBF5-919B-4B1D-B7DF-942E4813A5D8_zpspywaitlv.jpg

Avery moves from Texas to Virginia to go to college. She wanted to go far enough away that no one would know her and to hopefully start a new life. One terrible night at the age of 14 completely ruined her reputation and ruined her happy life. She has crappy parents that show her no support.

photo 4EB8BE21-FC6C-46A5-B150-D9B86EE7B521_zpsspqf7wap.jpg

Avery literally runs into Cam on her way to class. This ac
Aj the Ravenous Reader

As my first ever JLA read, I have no idea as to what to expect. But simply basing it on friends’ reviews, I know for a fact that JLA is one of our elite kick-ass writers. This book made me see why. She is naturally endowed with great writing skills, so that although this entire story is quite a bit familiar (as it reminds me so much of a mix across Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and the Lovely Vicious series by Sara Wolf- all of which are great books, BTW), she still
Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*
Due to an unfortunate tagging incident and a not-really-but-so-taken challenge on what one *ahem* She-who-is-friends-with-stuffed-dead-animals *ahem* goodreads user might(or might not)read a buddy-read is forthcoming on Friday, November 13th....to include the ab-lovin' aussie, Dino-Jess as well!

The combination of that cover and that blurb make my face muscles twitch:

The Review (such as it were)

2 Stars

Wait for You is 80% fluffy nothingness and 20% rage-inducing garbage. I have a particular hate o
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OK ladies, take a note please. :) You MUST read this awesome book because Cameron aka Mr.Perfect was really perfect. (^_^) You have to meet this funny and also sweet guy. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. :)

Oh by the way, he loves to bake cookies. :) Yeah, I know he's not real. Dammit... :D

Lisa Jayne
Feb 27, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 COOKIES & LOVE CONQUERS ALL STARS.

As a reader, I get sucked into reading books that are popular, I'll see review after review of certain books and click that 'to read' button pronto. Sometimes it pays off, other times not so much, with 'Wait for you' it paid off BIG time ... So thank you good people of GR's. I fell in love with this story and here are my thoughts...

In a nutshell this is a story of love conquering all, with some very likeable characters thrown in and swoon-tastic writing st
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Looking for a sweet, love story where there's none of that instant love? Well, this is the story for you. Cameron(Cam) and Avery meet in college... he's two years older, handsome, confident and a ladies' man. She's innocent but traumatized and never had a boyfriend. How can she hold her own against Cam?

It was really hard being in Avery's head because you know from the beginning something horrible happened to her five years ago. It just takes forever to find out what. On top of that, she comes f
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
4.5 Cookie stars for Cam & Avery

This beautiful story is about a girl called Avery who is running away from her past; her parents, her friends, and one horrendous Halloween night 5 years ago. She finds herself at college in West Virginia, miles away from home where she hopes to be like any other college girl, except that the last thing she wants is......

to meet a guy...

At college she collides, literally, with Mr Gorgeous, "deep blue eyes...black lashes....dark, wavy hair...Pecs...a tattoo." H
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2)
  • Going Under
  • Ruin (Ruin, #1)
  • Near and Far (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • One Week Girlfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #1)
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)
  • More Than This (More Than, #1)
  • Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

More about J. Lynn...

Wait for You (6 books)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You #5)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)

“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

"Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.”
722 likes
“You've been checking me out, haven't you? In between your flaming insults? I feel like man candy.” 500 likes