Start by marking “Fighting for You (Danvers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for You (Danvers, #4)

Fighting for You

(Danvers #4)

Ella Webber has spent years uncomfortable around the opposite sex...
But as soon as she meets handsome Declan Stone, she is smitten. Quickly they become friends, finding frequent reasons to see each other around the office, and Ella longs for even more. So-with a little help from her friends-Ella resorts to performing a little seduction. One that Declan will never be able
ebook
Published October 15th 2013 by Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting for You

Amy Harrington-iqbal
Mar 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
this is Ella and Declan's story. Can't wait
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: august-2018
A really VANILLA story about a guy who likes the girl and the girl likes the boy right of the bat and they become friends then boyfriend/girlfriend. The plot twist was like ????? is this going to destroy them but sydney swerved it back to the vanilla stage and it didn't become a problem at all. Then the ending was even more vanilla. Not bad but not that great. Perfect for someone who doesn't want angst.
Crista
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Fighting For You is the fourth book of the Danver's series, and I can not stress enough that this is NOT a stand alone book. Fighting For You is filled with innuendos and characters from past books, and many of the nuances will be missed if you don't have the background from the previous books.

This is Declan and Ella's book. I have been looking forward to this book for some time. Ella is the shy, repressed virgin-type heroine and Declan is the bad boy turned good. He's ex-military and has return
We'll let me start by saying that this was another great addition to the Danvers series. I have loved each book for different reasons. This book was a great book about two people who learn who they are and who they want to be.

We met Declan and Ella in the third book...I have to say I was probably looking forward to their book the most. There was just something about them, that drew my interest and I knew their story would be great. I will say...that I was not disappointed in this book at all. E
Evelyn
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
From Sydney's website

"The fourth book in the Danvers series, Fighting For You, featuring Declan and Ella will release in the US in e-book form on 10/15/2013! I assume that the release date outside of the US will be as it was on previous books, 90 days after the US release so that would be 1/15/2014."
Naoms
Originally posted at Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

FIGHTING FOR YOU is a story from another decade. A past decade. A decade where it was OK for a man to assume a woman doesn’t know her own mind. Declan wants Emma and Emma wants Declan, but Declan will not be with Emma, because the girl doesn’t know what she wants. She couldn’t possibly want him, because she’s good and pure and he did a few tours in Afghanistan, so obviously he’s soiled and bad.

Eye roll, my God what world does this autho
Jennifer ♛Jenna♛
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book; Ella "Ellie" and Declan are great together. They steam up the pages and also have cute moments. This is my new favorite book of the Danvers series.I loved that Ella stood up for herself and decided she wanted Declan so she would do whatever it took to get him. Declan for the most part fights his attraction to Ella but once he lets his guard down you can see why Ella likes him so much.
Michelle
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.

In Fighting For You we have the coupling of Ella and Declan. Ella is the innocent woman that is tired of looked at as such while Declan is the hero with a baggage from his past and a wake of one-night stands in his past. But there is something about Ella that has drawn him to Ella since the day he first met her. Declan finds Ella impossible to resist when she decides that she’s waited long enough and is going to try her best to seduce him.

This was my first read by this author, and yes
Maree Repa
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just so loved this most beautiful romantic story about Ella and Declan. Poor Ella was such a quiet and private girl. She was a virgin and never dated, not even once. But with her dear help from her female friends she was able to open up to Declan. I was such a fun, exciting read for me. I just so enjoyed it and was so surprising right too the end of the book. I am so enjoying this series so much. I now just can't wait to read the fifth one now!!
Pretty Sassy Cool
Sep 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
1 star.

I hated this book.

It's shocking to me because I love this storyline. Innocent, almost-spinster girl and the bad-boy no one ever thought would settle down? Sign me up! Right? Not this time.

Right from the first sentence, I didn't like the main character, Ella.
"I need to have sex--or look like I've had it--and you have to help me do it."

Ella has had a thing for former military man Declan Stone and thinks that he doesn't want her because she's a sweet, innocent virgin. Her idea to fix that?
Debbie Hanson
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was quietly nervous about starting Fighting for you, I was not a huge fan of Ella and her intovert ways... She just didn't fit with the Danver ladies. But as per normal I underestimated the power or a writer who can change my mind and well suck me right in.

Well it is pretty safe to say I have been seriously sucked into the Danvers series. I adore the Danvers gang, and their individual stories that somehow manage to intertwine in each others lives. Each story, although their own has back histor
Cocktails and Books
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Opposites truly do attract in Fighting for You, the latest Danvers novel by Sydney Landon. It features Declan and Ella, who seem to be the complete opposite of each other. She was raised in a strictly religious home, with limited freedom and a strained family relationship, while Declan and his siblings are really tight-knit. Ella is sweet and innocent, while Declan is emotionally scarred from his time in the military, and deems himself too hardened for Ella. Not to be deterred, Ella sets out on ...more
DCT
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have been following this series since the beginning with Jason and Claire, followed by Gray and Suzy (who is by far my favorite), then came Nick and Beth, with this edition focusing on Ella and Declan. I always knew that Ella would have a wonderful story, as she made such a dramatic transformation from a dowdy sheltered church girl, to a beautiful sophisticate under the artful eye of Beth and Suzy. Because her church going, social climbing parents keep her so sheltered she is almost 30 and has ...more
Victoria
Jan 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Bethany
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved Fighting for You!!! I think it was the best book out of the four. I didn’t want it to end. Declan and Ella’s relationship starts off so sweet, but moves into hot and steamy! And these two definitely get steamy. :) I think this was the hottest book too; these two couldn’t get enough of each other. Like all books there was drama but the drama in Fighting for you wasn’t any of that angsty push and pull kind of drama that has been in a lot of books lately. When a problem popped up Decl ...more
Brielle
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Readers, Hopeless Romantics
Recommended to Brielle by: No One
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I loved Ella's innocence and Declan was a great contrast for her. Declan's character was very similar to Caleb Montgomery in Safe With Me by Kristen Proby and so I couldn't help but compare the two. Although, I liked Declan a lot, I have to say that I preferred Caleb a little more. I loved how supportive Ella was even in her innocence especially with Declan's big surprise. I also appreciated how Declan handled Ella's mother, though is seemed like it was too simil ...more
Aliki
Oct 30, 2013 added it
Shelves: sexbook
ΜΠΟΡΩ ΝΑ ΚΑΤΑΛΑΒΩ ΟΤΙ ΚΟΜΜΑΤΙ ΤΗΣ ΕΡΩΤΙΚΗΣ ΖΩΗΣ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΝΑ ΞΕΠΕΡΑΣΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΟΡΙΣΜΕΝΑ ΤΑΜΠΟΥ.ΔΕΚΤΟ ΣΤΟ ΜΕΤΡΟ ΠΟΥ Ο ΚΑΘΕΝΑΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙ.ΑΛΛΑ ΔΕΝ ΚΑΤΑΝΟΩ ΤΟΝ ΤΑΥΤΟΧΡΟΝΟ ΑΥΝΑΝΙΣΜΟ ΠΟΥ ΤΟΝ ΕΧΩ ΣΥΝΑΝΤΗΣΕΙ ΣΕ ΑΡΚΕΤΑ ΒΙΒΛΙΟ(ΚΑΡΦΩΝΟΜΑΙ ΤΩΡΑ).ΡΕ ΦΙΛΕ ΑΜΑ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΚΑΝΩ ΜΟΝΗ ΜΟΥ ΠΑΩ ΚΑΙ ΣΤΟ ΣΠΙΤΙ ΜΟΥ...
ΑΑ ΤΟ ΒΙΒΛΙΟ ΗΤΑΝ ΜΙΑ ΠΑΤΑΤΑ, ΣΧΕΔΟΝ ΑΝΤΙΣΕΞΟΥΑΛΙΚΟ,ΑΛΛΑ ΤΙ ΝΑ ΠΕΡΙΜΕΝΕΙΣ ΟΤΑΝ Η ΗΡΩΙΔΑ ΗΤΑΝ ΠΑΡΘΕΝΑ ΤΡΙΑΝΤΑΡΑ
Stefanie
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: oct-2013-books
This is the only book I read in the Danvers series, and I loved it. I loved Declan and Zella's love story, they were friends before lovers which is always a plus in my book. And I loved all the supporting characters especially Suzy and Beth. I will definitely have to read Books 1-3 now, but it worked well as a standalone.
Donna
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I also enjoyed this story. The naive Ella Webber becomes enchanted by bad boy Declan Stone. Some of the story line was predictable but there was enough of a plot twist to keep me interested. I'll be looking forward to the next installment in the Danvers series soon.
Sofia Costa
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! i never laught so much with a book in my life!!!
i loved declan story and how he made it work with ella, also is relationship with Mac... also being busted!
ella is just so cute and a suzy in the making ahahaha
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Sydney has done it again. I just love her books. This was a hit for me and got me over my book hangover. I really enjoyed this one and can't wait for the next in the series.
Lenye
This story was exactly my cup of tea.
Shevaun Delucia
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first word that comes to me is cute. The next sexy. I love the sort of love stories that make me smile while reading the pages! Definitely recommend this!
Lauren
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED!
Kassiah
Oct 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
1 star.

I hated this book.

Right from the first sentence, I didn't like the main character, Ella.
"I need to have sex--or look like I've had it--and you have to help me do it."

Jessica
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, reviewed
Fighting For You is book four in the Danvers series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. Sometimes I get nervous about jumping into a series because I know old characters will pop up and I won't have any idea what they're about. This was not the case for me. While I was definitely interested in the other characters and their stories, I was glad I could easily jump into their quick banter with one another and Landon does a great job explaining how they all know each other.

Ella and Declan are our
Kitty Magenta
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from this author and I didn't know it was a series but from what I read, I don't think I needed to read the rest to figure out this line of books in this series. This book was ok. Sometimes a bit cheesy and expected but it did get me emotional toward the end of the book. I enjoyed it but I probably wouldn't read this series again. Cute, summer, light read with a happy ending.
20012206
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me gusto como Ella poco a poco destruyo las barreras de Declan y lo fue enamorando

Ella me gusto porque durante toda la serie la hemos visto como volver a la vida y despertarse de las imposiciones de su familia y en este libro si ya mando todo para la porra y fue por lo que quiso, es decir Declan,

Muy divertida
Rise
Danger series

I have to say this the best damn funniest romantic series that I have ever read. I don't know who is the worst between Suzy & Beth. I think I can truly say that I would reread Suzy's story which is book 2 and the Beth in book 3. But the really funniest one so far for me was this book.

How could Nick be so quick to forget Beth was really hilarious.
Peni
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 16+ and mature
Shelves: contemporary
Ellie & Delcan have a lovely rather sweet story. I identified well with Ella, she really came to life for me. Ellie is the perfect match for Delcan, accepting, loyal & open to new experiences if not a very private person outside of her immediate circle of friends.
  • To Win Her Trust
  • Lean on Me (The MacKay Sisters #2)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Three of Spades (Hamden, #2)
  • Falling In Love With Her Husband
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
  • Intimate (Negotiated Marriage, #2)
  • Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2)
  • Nick and Lilac
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)
  • Disarranged (Arranged, #2)
  • Mistaken Identity
  • The Road to Forgiveness (Price, #2)
  • Kidnapping His Bride (The Renaldis, #2)
  • Enraptured (Demi Brother's #1)

www.sydneylandon.com

Danvers series reading order:

Weekends Required
Not Planning on You
Fall For Me
Fighting For You
No Denying You (12/15/2014)
Always Loving You (2/15/2015)

Betting on You (standalone novella)

Danvers (9 books)
  • Weekends Required (Danvers, #1)
  • Not Planning on You (Danvers, #2)
  • Fall for Me (Danvers, #3)
  • No Denying You (Danvers, #5)
  • Always Loving You (Danvers, #6)
  • Watch Over Me (Danvers, #7)
  • The One for Me (Danvers, #8)
  • Wishing For Us (Danvers #9)
“Ella was his strength and his weakness. She was all things to him and he would never stop trying to be all things to her.” 1 likes