Start by marking “Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)” as Want to Read:
Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)

Killer Frost

(Mythos Academy #6)

I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion,
Published February 25th 2014 by Kensington Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Killer Frost, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Carrie Baumbach Yes, this is the last book in the series.
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,437 books — 15,688 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,545 books — 9,151 voters

More lists with this book...

Tina
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Killer Frost 4.5-5 Stars

I’M BIASED. I love this series, therefore I absolutely loved this final book! I’m absolutely heartbroken that this wonderful series has come to an end, but glad that it ended the way it did (view spoiler).

I’ll keep this short since I’m never really good at writing long reviews for the last book in a series so let me just say that if you’ve read all of the books up u
Beth
The battle with the Reapers is coming to a head. It is crunch time and Gwen Frost is feeling the pressure. She feels the pending doom right around the corner. How can Gwen defeat Loki? The whole world's fate lies in her hands.

Killer Frost is they highly anticipated conclusion to Gwen's battle with Loki. Estep has woven a marvelous tale of gods and demi-gods with a modern day twist. I've gobbled up this series and Killer Frost wasn't an exception. I was once again captivated by the characters, th
Devon Ashley
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can't believe it's over. Sniff. Hold me...

photo 82187_o_zps351a2cdc.gif

The last installment of the Mythos Academy series was a doozy, and by far the best, in my opinion. I'm not going to say too much because it's obvious what goes down in this novel. Let's just say that all the characters are rounded up for one final showdown, even the ones you've probably forgotten about, and the way Gwen goes out is quite unexpected! In good news, the Mythos world may not be completely over. Ms. Estep may've closed the door on Gwen, b
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I...uh...yeah. Breaking Dawn plot tactics, really?

What do I even say? What CAN I even say without spoiling?

As indicated by my star rating, Killer Frost was my least favorite book of the series, which is a bit of a shame for a series ender. Even so, 3 stars is still a halfway decent rating from me, so all is not lost.

FIRST, the not-so-great...

1. It took far too long to get to the point where the story grabbed me and took over.

2. Logan Freaking Quinn (her words oft borrowed by me) was not as shin
Laura M
-mild spoilers ahead-

eeeeh .. I'm sad. I used to love this series. Maybe I got too old throughout.

The main problem I got with it was how NOT subtle it is. I mean again, maybe I'm too old, but all those "mysteries" where sooooo clear to me. I mean when an author writes:"He first looked at his artefact, and then at the statues, as if they somehow were connected" ... I am like .. well if you say it like THAT .. they probably are, and its clear how .. duh.. but nobody connects them and is suddenly a
Colleen Houck
A very satisfying conclusion to the series. Love Vic and his nemesis sword. Also really love the wolf pup. If you don't end up craving some of grandma's sweets after this, I'd be surprised. Libraries haven't been this exciting since Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Sophia Sardothien
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
The thing about series is that when you finish it you instantly missed the characters, as if there were in half of your lifetime.

I won't say this series is my favorite or anything, in fact I have a lot of problems with it. Like how the plot is so predictable, the characters are so annoying and so on. But in a way I really enjoy reading this, I love the protagonist more and more over time, the character development was amazing.

Overall I enjoy this series, as I said wasn't the best but it's inte
Anne
Mar 18, 2017 marked it as decided-not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
So far, I haved loved everything I've ready by Jennifer Estep.
But this story felt like the last story, and the one before that, and the one before that.
So I think I am done with The Mythos Academy series.
Lexie
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS THE LAST BOOK I didn't approve that. I'm not ready to let go of the only high school I'd willing return to.

I suppose I will give props over the ending resolution (suck it Loki...but not Tom Hiddleston Loki. Reaper Loki. Very important distinction there) it made quite a bit more sense then I gave it credit it for at first. And wooo bloodthirsty battles.

But seriously how about a Short Story featuring Rory? Yes/yes?

+++

This is the last book of this series. The last book in
Dark Faerie Tales
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: The final battle between good and evil.

Opening Sentence: “This is pointless.”

Excerpt: Yes

The Review:

Gwen and her friends are back in the last book of the Mythos Academy series. They have lost some and won some, but they still have to figure out what the next artifact that Loki wants and why. The Protectorate brings the rest of the artifacts to Gwen so that she can use her touch magic on them and figure out which one he wants. After touching
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I know I have said this numerous times in the past but it bares repeating, it will never get easy saying goodbye to a beloved series. Never.

And this is definitely one of those series that I really don't want to say goodbye too, I love them far too much and as I sit here and right this review, I already miss them and am sad that it is all over.

Gwen, Grandma Frost, Nyx, Daphne, Oliver, Logan, Nickamedis, Vic, Alexei, Metis, Ajax, Carson, they are like family now and you never want to have to say g
Helena Fili
I teared up a little bit. Mythos Academy's one of my very first and favorite YA series and it was hard watching the end unravel. Gonna miss Gwen, Logan, Daphne, Carson, Oliver and everyone else. I love this series to pieces!
⚜️Trea
I have to say, for a series ender, I wasn't that impressed with this book. It seemed to be a lot of buildup for not a lot of payoff in the end. Not to mention, there were some pretty unrealistic situations happening during the big fight! I have to say, I did like the role that Rory took in the story, and the way Gwen finally handled the Loki situation, but it just wasn't 4 star worthy for me. I'm definitely interested in reading the spin off series, but only if I can get it from the library or o ...more
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on Tangled in Pages

With this book comes to end to a series I’ve adored for almost 2 years. I’ve anticipated each installment eagerly and devoured them rather quickly and it breaks my heart a little to finally have to let go but at the same time I can genuinely say that I am satisfied. Estep did NOT disappoint with the finale. Perhaps there could have been a little less cheese but in the end the conclusion was well done.

The beginning had me a little vary. Logan
Kribu
3.5 stars. Considered rounding up to 4, but ... eh, upon further consideration, my feelings are closer to "liked it" than "really liked it".

Anyway. This has been a series that I've enjoyed - with some major reservations - from the start. I can't even begin to count the ways it's frustrated me, intensely, both with the way Gwen acted to start with, and with the writing. The repetitiveness. The word choice. The repetitions. The phrasing. The repeated words. The recaps (oh god, the recaps). The rep
Kate
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Before I go any further, let me just start this off by saying, Killer Frost is the final installment of the Mythos Academy series. When I started, I had NO clue what so ever that Killer Frost was the end of the series. The summary gave no indication of this. Even the way Killer Frost was set up gave no hints… well, not at least until towards the end. You have been warned.

For the last few years, Mythos Academy series has been my go to for a great read. Whenever I needed a read to make me laugh,
Carmen
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology
AFTER READING:

Series review can be found at Thoughts of a Hopeless (Book) Romantic.

That was completely unexpected. Somehow everything came together and worked? Wow.

********************
I really can't see how this will all end. After reading Midnight Frost it feels like the plot is still a bit standstill.

Update:
Um.. How long is this series going to be!?
Cecilia
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
And that's the ending to the Mythos Academy-series. It was alright but I would have liked to see more of some things, e.i. Gwen and Logan's relationship. Things went so fast without much place in the story, which made me feel kind of snubbed. I wanted more details and depth. Otherwise, I like Estep take on different myths from around the world, althought I'm still mad that Loki was the bad guy in the series... ^^
Charity
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An amazing ending for an amazing series. I really, really enjoyed this series. It is probably one of my favourite series of all time. I just cannot put it down. One book after another, and the next thing I know, I have completed the series. What? Can't believe it myself. When reading this, the time just seems to fly by fast. Really, really like it.

The characters of this book is awesome too. Every characters in this book just grows on you so much. There isn't one character I don't like. Well, ma
Jules (Never enough time to read)
It was just ok.

I'm a bit sad to see the series end, but it has been a few books since I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if my reading preferences have changed or if the books are just not as good. I've given up on her other adult series as well - for now I think I'm done with Ms Estep.
Allthegoodusersweretaken
Book Cover, Synopsis:
Yey!!

*views release date*:
*retreats to the corner of the room*
T_T

hey, nice cover.

*checks release date...*

ok, not nice :o
Anita Reads
This was the last and final book in the Mythos Academy. I can for obvious reasons not get a whole lot into the plot of this one, without spoiling all the other previous books. The overarching storyline of the series is about Gwen - who goes to Mythos Academy a school were all types of warriors (Spartans, Amazons, Valkyries and more) go and the sole purpose is training to fight the Reapers of Chaos also known as Loki’s followers, who is trying to release Loki from his imprisonment.
Overall I enjo
Laura (acquariusgb)
Arrived at the end of the series!

I really liked it. Loved the main character, Gwen Frost, she was easy to relate to, even if in this book I wanted to smack some sense into her. (You know what I'm talking about, Gwen!)

The finale was like the rest of the series, so if you've liked them you will also love this one. Very action packed, the great big battle is here. Some emotional roller coasters and some relieved sighs...

I have to say that I've skipped some parts where the author still repeated th
Karissa
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth and final book in the Mythos Academy series. I got a copy of this book to review through NetGalley (thanks to NetGalley and K-Teen for the chance to read this book). I was a huge fan of the first 3-4 books in this series and then I thought the most recent books lagged a bit. However, this book does an excellent job of wrapping up the series and I enjoyed it.

Gwen is hoping for some peace, but worried that the Reapers might attack at any moment. Then she is asked to use her psych
Naoms
Originally Posted at Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

It’s finally time for Gwen Frost to take her last stand against Loki, the evil Norse god that has been trying to regain his power. This war has taken her mother, friends and came close to losing her life at the hands of her boyfriend, who Loki possessed. As Nike’s champion Gwen knows it’s her job to kill Loki, but she doesn’t know how. When she receives word that Loki and his reapers are after a specific ancient artifact, Gwen knows she
Kt
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

There's always a moment of hesitation and worry before I start a series ending book. There's just this fear that it will let me down. You have all these books prior to that ending that I've loved, and it's a real let down when the ending just doesn't match up. However in this case, I'm very happy to say that KILLER FROST more than lived up to my expectations. Not only was the final battle as intense as all of the previous ones in the build u
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I know this may sound strange but whenever I get attached to a series that I LOVE it can take me up to months to finish the last book. As soon as the book hits my hands I will leave it on the shelf with my stomach FULL of anxiety. Literally. My mind entertains the thought of just having the guts of picking up the book and reading it. Seriously, I avoided this book purposely. I love this series. I just could’t bear the thought of it ending. Not to mention I was super nervous.

Plot: This story pick
Hazal
Oct 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
if I had the ability to see thoughts and intentions with a single touch and if the fate of the world hung in the balance with people already dying left and right, id be touching everyone and everything left and right, privacy be damned! but then I suppose the story would fit into one book instead of six and we dont want to miss out on the important repetitions that make up 30% of each book, or the stupidity of most of the characters, or the 'love' the author is unsuccessfully forcing on gwen and ...more
Asia
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I remember when I started this series three years ago and I really liked it. Then I made a huge break from the series (don't even know why) and finally after all this time I picked it up again and I still have the same feelings about it. I love it and I'm so happy that I've read it.

Every time there was a Loki scene in my mind I saw Tom Hiddleston :D

There were some things that I didn't like but overall it was good. I really liked all those different types of warriors and of course I loved Logan!!
Romance Lovers fo...: Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6) by Jennifer Estep [Start Date: December 4th, 2017] 8 37 Dec 04, 2017 03:02PM
A Million More Pages: 6 - Killer Frost (Mythos Academy): Jun 20 10 19 Jun 24, 2015 09:09AM
SPARTANFROST (BAND 9) 1 5 Jun 16, 2015 08:29AM
Killer Frost 5 41 Mar 15, 2014 11:26PM

• A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • Release (The Protector, #3)
  • Fractured Soul
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Entangled
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 15 (The Wallflower, #15)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • Dark Days (Black London, #6)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • The Mephisto Kiss (The Mephisto Covenant #2)
  • Death, and the Girl He Loves (Darklight, #3)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron

Mythos Academy (6 books)
  • Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
“Nickamedes stared at me, his blue eyes bright. Then, he
did something I never imagined he would do in a million years. He stepped forward, reached out, and
hugged me tight with one arm.
“If I am ever lucky enough to have a daughter, I hope that she’s just like you, Gwendolyn,” he
whispered”