Start by marking “500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!” as Want to Read:

The Amazon Kindle Web Marketing #1 Bestseller - now in paperback!

Struggling With Social Media Marketing? Few likes on your company's Facebook page? Not seeing social media ROI? Unsure how to make the most of social media marketing, or even where to start?

500 Social Media Marketing Tips can help! 500 Social Media Marketing Tips is your guide to social media for business, w
Published February 7th 2013 by Createspace (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 500 Social Media Marketing Tips, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Social Media Marketing Tips

Start your review of 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
Slawka Scarso
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: small business owners, entrepreneurs
Very useful, packed with tips you can use straight away for your own business.
And a real bargain too.
Vivian Evans
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great guidebook to improve your business by social media. This book is very informative and explains in detail. An amazing resource!
Kelly
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book offers a basic high level overview of social media marketing, but it also offers great creative suggestions that one can build off of. Also includes extra online content and in-depth articles.
Kelsey Banerjee
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While many of these strategies can seem intuitive or are available online, reading through his comprehensive guide was extremely helpful in cementing my social media knowledge. I was also able to expand and learn a bit more about Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest, which I have only dabbled in.

If you are new to social media, or even if you're approaching 3-4 years, this can still be a useful and affordable guide.
J.
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, hobbies
Very well written book. Outlining principles to social media marketing, in order to drive traffic. It gives the breakdown for specialized advice for each popular social media marketing platform. I think it is a very welcomed book, and I will probably refer to this book for awhile. Even while social media algorithms change, there are certain principles which remain the same, I believe this book does a good rundown of what those essential elements are and gives good advice to adapt to each platfor ...more
Tolani Ifedayo Jaiye-Tikolo
Amazing tips

I happened to stumble upon on this book on kindle and I most say after reading one chapter I was hooked.
I was looking for tips on how to improve my LinkedIn branding and audience reaching. I must say they were some very eye catching tips that I utilised during the few days of reading and it worked!!!!
There are other sections for other social media - YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and etc.
FYI, I noticed the writer updates this book frequently so I was quite satisfied seeing some advice
Lyne Sidawi
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book offers a high-level knowledge about the social media in general and about each platform specifically. It is well organized, and straight to the point. It not only offers solutions but also links to softwares and tutorials (free and paid) that help you hit your target!!
In my case, I only use Instagram so i could easily just skip the chapters of the other platforms and jump to Instagram to learn more about it.
SUPER BIG LIKE!
Jacquelyn
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful and well written

I enjoyed reading this and it was very informative. It's concise, quality information and I appreciate the authors writing style. It's difficult to write about topics like this and not come across as dry or cheesy. The authors style is informative and easy to read without any sort of talking down to the reader and no hard selling. I highly recommend this as a resource for new business owners.
Natasha Mairs (Serenity You)
This was a great book to read. I tell you the basics and also some advance stuff. I knew most of the stuff but I have been in the social media market for a few years now. This book is brilliant if you are just starting to learn and you will gain so much knowledge. There where some things I did learn and I loved the links to other great website and tools that I found very useful. 4/5
Noelle
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SM MarketingTips

I found this to be quite informative with some handy tips that I had already known about but long forgot! I’d recommend it for anyone who uses social media for advertising / promotion and for those who have some level of understanding but who may need some guidance.
Dalton Smith
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great
Although the book is almost ten years old, this book still has some good information it it and most of it still works. Eventhough many social media networks have changed you can still apply it to today.

Just use it in addition to your social media marketing and you will be surprised how this book can help you. If you only use twitter just write down all the tips on twitter and you are all set.
Heather
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good- was able to take a few ideas away for both the non-profit I volunteer for and the non-profit I work for - brand strategies with simple suggestions on real things you can do to up your social media game.
thanhvu
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too general and simple writing

The book consolidates so many media channels that non of them is discussed deep enough to guide readers. Look forward to reading the new version soon
Scott Holstad
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Great resource manual that I'm embarrassed to say I haven't even begun to fully utilize in implementing its many tips. Good stuff though. Recommended.
Barbara B.
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This book is comprehensive and a good read, would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve social media marketing skills and gain more overall knowledge on the subject
Paula
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book by far on the topic(s)

Intelligently written with tons of useful advice. Recommended reading even if you are already a user of most of the platforms.
Pía López Copetti
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really cool content for increasing your brand exposure. Totally recommend it
Tom Mays
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
some good marketing ideas in here tat make it a worthy purchase. There are some that are outdated and some that are just ridiculous.
Jazz Feylynn
It is out dated for me at this time.
Jemma
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok but rather repetitive and I'm not sure if there really are 500 tips here. Sometimes a bit too American focused which is odd as the author is from Swansea.

Some of the tips did seem good but I'm unsure how good as I've not had enough exposure to the various medias. If nothing else, I've learnt that I'm really not "excited about Social Media" as job descriptions often say these days. Social Media can even be positively enchaining - fancy having to answer all Twitter feedback in 30 mins. You migh
Kirk Mahoney
I learned a lot of technical aspects to various social-media sites.

So, I would give this five stars as "(Presumably) 500 (Unnumbered) Social-Media Technical Tips".

If you have been a student of Dan Kennedy, then you will be disappointed. This book does NOT justify or explain with solid research how social media will increase your sales.

So, I would give this one star as a book about marketing strategy -- two words that the author uses in his title.

Averaging those two ratings, I give it three stars
LiisaK
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think it is okay read with a lot of helpful tips but only if you are not familiar with the social media at all. As I work in the field I definitely skipped a lot due to the fact that it explains a lot how apps work and doesn’t go into depth how algorithms work - although writing a book of always changing algorithm is a hassle but still, if you know already the apps you will face a lot of flipping through when reading this.
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lots of stuff here to read. I already knew a fair bit of it, but learned a lot, too. Yes, you could get a good chunk of the info elsewhere, but I think this'd make an excellent reference book, saving time by keeping social media marketing strategies at your fingertips. And the free lifetime updates are experts only an excellent selling feature.
Jules
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad book, but I was expecting to find some social media strategies which unfortunately, there wasn't. I guess it's in the title - these are a list of tips for each of the most famous social media platforms which will definitely be helpful to beginners.
Ann Addley
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This book is exactly what it says it is. A list of marketing actions for social media. It is nice to have them all together in one place and there is even a few tips in there that I had never thought of. Formatting is nice and easy to follow.
Laura Gilfillan
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
Full of tips. For social media. I was looking for ideas of what I could do, and I found some. The book was oriented towards business, but many of the ideas could be applied to promoting books. Which was what I needed.
Z.R. Southcombe
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is helpful, and covers the prominent social media channels. I am competent and experienced with social media, so it was great to find a book that kept both beginners and intermediate users in mind. I've recommended this book to others, as its advice is practical and readable.
Cassidy
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap this was good!!!

I have never highlighted so much information in a book! Before reading this book I felt like I have read everything there is to know about SMM, but I was oh so wrong! Even if you're an "experet" you still need to read it. You can thank me later :)
Anchit
This book is jam packed with information. There's a lot of practical tips and it isn't possible to remember more than 1-2 at a time. So this book can be used as a reference book which you keep visiting to pick up something each time.

• YouTube Secrets: The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Following and Making Money as a Video Influencer
  • Videocracy: How YouTube Is Changing the World with Double Rainbows, Singing Foxes, and Other Curious Trends
  • Social Media Marketing when you have NO CLUE!: Youtube, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook (Beginner Internet Marketing Series 4)
  • 435 Simple YouTube Video Ideas
  • Streampunks: YouTube and the Rebels Remaking Media
  • YouTube World Records
  • Kindle Fire HD Manual - Learn how to use your Amazon Tablet, Find new releases, Free Books, Download Youtube Videos, the Best Apps and other Fiery Hot Tips!
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • YouTube: The 2018 Essential Guide to Grow Your YouTube Channel, Make Money Fast with Proven Secret Techniques and Foolproof Strategies (YouTube Marketing, ... Channel, YouTube, YouTube for Beginners)
  • Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
  • The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
  • Funny on Purpose: The Definitive Guide to an Unpredictable Career in Comedy: Standup + Improv + Sketch + TV + Writing + Directing + YouTube
  • Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break Through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less
  • 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
  • The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users
  • Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital
  • Social Media: Dominating Strategies for Social Media Marketing with Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn and Instagram (social media, instagram, twitter, ... marketing, youtube, twitter advertising)
  • The Biggest Soap
Andrew Macarthy is a blogger and social media strategist. His #1 Web Marketing Bestseller, 500 Social Media Marketing Tips, has helped thousands of businesses with simple, practical advice to optimize their social media activity and make the most of the sector's marketing opportunities.

Andrew enjoys Nintendo videogames, acoustic guitar, and Swansea City FC. Read more at andrewmacarthy.com