Start by marking “500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!” as Want to Read:

The Amazon Kindle Web Marketing #1 Bestseller - now in paperback!

Struggling With Social Media Marketing? Few likes on your company's Facebook page? Not seeing social media ROI? Unsure how to make the most of social media marketing, or even where to start?

500 Social Media Marketing Tips can help! 500 Social Media Marketing Tips is your guide to social media for business, w
Published February 7th 2013 by Createspace (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 500 Social Media Marketing Tips, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Social Media Marketing Tips

Kelly
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book offers a basic high level overview of social media marketing, but it also offers great creative suggestions that one can build off of. Also includes extra online content and in-depth articles.
Slawka Scarso
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: small business owners, entrepreneurs
Very useful, packed with tips you can use straight away for your own business.
And a real bargain too.
Lyne Sidawi
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book offers a high-level knowledge about the social media in general and about each platform specifically. It is well organized, and straight to the point. It not only offers solutions but also links to softwares and tutorials (free and paid) that help you hit your target!!
In my case, I only use Instagram so i could easily just skip the chapters of the other platforms and jump to Instagram to learn more about it.
SUPER BIG LIKE!
Natasha Mairs
This was a great book to read. I tell you the basics and also some advance stuff. I knew most of the stuff but I have been in the social media market for a few years now. This book is brilliant if you are just starting to learn and you will gain so much knowledge. There where some things I did learn and I loved the links to other great website and tools that I found very useful. 4/5
thanhvu
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too general and simple writing

The book consolidates so many media channels that non of them is discussed deep enough to guide readers. Look forward to reading the new version soon
Heather
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good- was able to take a few ideas away for both the non-profit I volunteer for and the non-profit I work for - brand strategies with simple suggestions on real things you can do to up your social media game.
Scott Holstad
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great resource manual that I'm embarrassed to say I haven't even begun to fully utilize in implementing its many tips. Good stuff though. Recommended.
Barbara B.
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This book is comprehensive and a good read, would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve social media marketing skills and gain more overall knowledge on the subject
oliver dorfer heesch
Essential for beginners

Buen libro que entrega un análisis detallado de las cosas a considerar para generar estrategias de marketing en redes sociales
Paula
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book by far on the topic(s)

Intelligently written with tons of useful advice. Recommended reading even if you are already a user of most of the platforms.
Jemma
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok but rather repetitive and I'm not sure if there really are 500 tips here. Sometimes a bit too American focused which is odd as the author is from Swansea.

Some of the tips did seem good but I'm unsure how good as I've not had enough exposure to the various medias. If nothing else, I've learnt that I'm really not "excited about Social Media" as job descriptions often say these days. Social Media can even be positively enchaining - fancy having to answer all Twitter feedback in 30 mins. You migh
Kirk Mahoney
I learned a lot of technical aspects to various social-media sites.

So, I would give this five stars as "(Presumably) 500 (Unnumbered) Social-Media Technical Tips".

If you have been a student of Dan Kennedy, then you will be disappointed. This book does NOT justify or explain with solid research how social media will increase your sales.

So, I would give this one star as a book about marketing strategy -- two words that the author uses in his title.

Averaging those two ratings, I give it three stars
Rhiannon H Morris
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely invaluable resource. Every you're a social media marketing pro who just want a few extra tips or perhaps some ideas on how to combine some basic ideas into a power strategy or you are a novice just learning the basics, 500 Social Media Marketing Tips has a lot to offer.

I could not believe just in depth and well-written this book was. Add to this the fact that the author regularly updates it so that the tips are always up to date makes this an absolute steal.

This is by far
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lots of stuff here to read. I already knew a fair bit of it, but learned a lot, too. Yes, you could get a good chunk of the info elsewhere, but I think this'd make an excellent reference book, saving time by keeping social media marketing strategies at your fingertips. And the free lifetime updates are experts only an excellent selling feature.
Cassidy
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap this was good!!!

I have never highlighted so much information in a book! Before reading this book I felt like I have read everything there is to know about SMM, but I was oh so wrong! Even if you're an "experet" you still need to read it. You can thank me later :)
Jules
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad book, but I was expecting to find some social media strategies which unfortunately, there wasn't. I guess it's in the title - these are a list of tips for each of the most famous social media platforms which will definitely be helpful to beginners.
Anchit
This book is jam packed with information. There's a lot of practical tips and it isn't possible to remember more than 1-2 at a time. So this book can be used as a reference book which you keep visiting to pick up something each time.
Z.R. Southcombe
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is helpful, and covers the prominent social media channels. I am competent and experienced with social media, so it was great to find a book that kept both beginners and intermediate users in mind. I've recommended this book to others, as its advice is practical and readable.
Ann Addley
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This book is exactly what it says it is. A list of marketing actions for social media. It is nice to have them all together in one place and there is even a few tips in there that I had never thought of. Formatting is nice and easy to follow.
Laura Gilfillan
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
Full of tips. For social media. I was looking for ideas of what I could do, and I found some. The book was oriented towards business, but many of the ideas could be applied to promoting books. Which was what I needed.
Benjamin
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book filled with useful, practical ideas for social media business marketing from an obviously very informative author.
Andrea
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent tips & very current!
Lori
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book had a lot of already known facts to it, but there were quite a few things I didnt know about. I do recommend this book.
Lex
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The social media tips in this book are relevant and can be used to enhance social media management of your business.

For now, at least.
Segilola Salami
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
it has so much information, 500 is a lot. a lot of the info i already knew

this is very useful for someone new to social media marketing
Karen Hardin
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lots of good tips on the use of FB, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Linedin, Pinterest, etc. Some new things introduced. Short and sweet tidbits.
Gladys Jane
  • Sell Your Books!
  • Marketplace 3.0: Rewriting the Rules of Borderless Business
  • Chris Will... The Story of a Boy and Autism Unawareness
  • Gazza's Guide to Practical Project Management
  • Better Than Good Hair: The Curly Girl Guide to Healthy, Gorgeous Natural Hair!
  • What's Up with Catalonia?
  • Facebook For Dummies
  • The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue
  • Investigating the Natural World of Chemistry with Kids: Experiments, Writing, and Drawing Activities for Learning Science
  • The Illustrated Cotswold Guide
  • Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses
  • All You Need Is Luck: When the Kids Left Home, So Did They.
  • How to Make Money Using Etsy: A Guide to the Online Marketplace for Crafts and Handmade Products
  • Branding Yourself: How to Use Social Media to Invent or Reinvent Yourself
  • I Heart Art: Move to the Head of the Class with Art Activities to Help You Pass!
Andrew Macarthy is a blogger and social media strategist. His #1 Web Marketing Bestseller, 500 Social Media Marketing Tips, has helped thousands of businesses with simple, practical advice to optimize their social media activity and make the most of the sector's marketing opportunities.

Andrew enjoys Nintendo videogames, acoustic guitar, and Swansea City FC. Read more at andrewmacarthy.com
“The bottom line is that the more consistently engaged a customer is with your posts on social media content - liking, commenting, sharing - the more likely they are to continue to do so in future.” 1 likes
“your audience's needs, desires, and interests on social media - ask yourself what problems you can help them overcome, what questions you can answer, what type of content they prefer (e.g. text, photo, graphics, video), and when they are most likely to be around to see it. Tools like SEM Rush and TrueSocial Metrics are two popular paid options if you” 1 likes