Start by marking “The One Girl (The One Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
The One Girl (The One Series, #2)

The One Girl

(The One Series #2)

Warning: The One Girl is the second book in The One Series, and picks up where the story of The One Place left off. If you have not read The One Place, the following description may contain SPOILERS.

Warning, #2: This book contains explicit language and sexual content.

Tucker Cody has just been dealt a surprising blow. His fiance, his love, his future--his Talie--has a twi
Published February 27th 2013 by Laurel Ulen Curtis

To ask other readers questions about The One Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Girl

Ann
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
While I LOVED bk 1, The One Place, I’ll have to go with “like” here for bk 2. The One Girl is from Tuck’s POV which is something I usually love but bk 2 just didn’t have the same spark for me as The One Place. However, it did wrap up the story with a sweet HEA for one of my favorite couples. I might have left my rating at 3.5 stars except for the way the whole ending went with Drew. His role as the heavy started off the story in bk 1 and highlighted the drama at the end of it. You just knew ther ...more
Gemma
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Satisfying conclusion

This picks up where the last book leaves off, Tuck and Talie are faced with a huge bombshell however after that things pretty much go back to normal.

The explanations into why Andrew doesn't do anything was believable but a little anticlimactic.

This book is really about them opening up to each other even more and getting use to their new life together. While facing a few more hurdles.

I didn't really like Kayla but glad Cole is getting his own book. (hopefully not with Kayla)

I
Kim
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This book starts right where The One Place left off. But this book is in Tucker's POV(Have I already mentioned that I LOVE Tucker?!) This book not only explores more of Talie and Tucker's relationship, but also deals with people from their past that now add complications to it.

"Couldn't be happier that you ended up here with me, Babe. I just mean that that's either one hell of a coincidence or fate has one hell of a sick sense of humor."

We also get to meet Talie's sister Kayla who is really fun
Tracy
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboy, loved-it
Wonderful continuation!!! Totally love Tuck and Talie and the gang!! The story was interwoven so beautifully the getting this book in Tucker's POV just made it that much more special. He is such a Man!! LOL....Loved it!! Talie's sister Kayla is a total crazy nut job...hahahaha...Never knew what was gonna come out of her mouth. She was a great addition to this amazing story!! It is definitely unreal how connected Tucker and Natalie's lives were without even knowing it in book one. The mystery was ...more
valeria
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 ****
M. Mabie
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm quickly learning that I love anything written by this author. Loved the story, loved the characters!
Ricki
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This books starts off right where The One Place ended, but the entire book is in Tuck's POV, which made for unique storytelling, because Ms. Curtis can apparently think like a man.
Rayanna Smith
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great story!!!
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
MY TAKE:
I enjoyed this one a whole lot better than book one and that was odd to me because this one was told from Tucker's perspective. Which, if you read my review above you would be shaking your head at me right now. Surprisingly though reading this from Tucker's pov wasn't as bad as his scenes in book 1. His grammar was way better in this one and I actually fell in love with him by the end.

This one picks up right where book one left off with Andrew showing up at the diner Talie works at in Jo
Jessica
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review
Laurel Ulen Curtis’s The One Girl picks up right where we left off in The One Place. This time it’s told in Tucker’s point of view and what a breath of fresh air! Kudos to Curtis for giving us a male perspective in a second book instead of having to wait for his point of view in a later book like some authors are prone to do (if they decide to so). If you haven’t read The One Place then I highly recommend doing so because you’ll be lost otherwise.

Tucker and Natalie have to deal with the fact tha
Jessica
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, adult
Review cross-posted on my blog

These books are Adult Contemporary. As you saw previously there is language and quite a bit of sexual content.

SO glad I had this book to read right after the first one! We immediately pick back up where we left off with the cliffhanger from the first novel. I really didn't see that twist coming at ALL. So props to Laurel for rocking my world a little bit there! I won't give anything away, but the past really does have a way coming back to get you.

This book was good
Mary Tatar
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can say this book was just as good as the first one in the series if even better. A lot went down in the final chapter of last book. So you can imagine that this story is more intense then the first. With that said I can say that I loved this book, it's characters, and its message.

The story takes place immediately after the first book. Tuck and Natalie have just found out that their pasts are intertwined. Drew has found Natalie and protecting her at all costs is what's important. Natalie know
 B.E.Love
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
** spoilers from book one** As I stated in my review of book one the second I finished book one I cracked open my kindle to read book two. The ending of book one hooked me. Book one The One Place was in the heroines point of view and book two is in the heroes point of view which was a nice surprise but I almost wished it was a split point of view book. The One Girl starts were book one left off. Tucker and Natalie just found out that Andrew Jenny(Natalie's friend) and Natalie's abuser is the sam ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
The One Girl picks up right where The One Place left off. Talie and Tucker are happy and living their lives. Tucker has asked Talie to marry him and they have never been more happy. Talie loves Joplin and all the new friends she has made there. She is so happy she decided to make a run for it and she is even happier that she decided to go to Joplin and stay. But the past has a way of always making an appearance and when it does HOLY HADES it makes an appearance and that is when Tucker and Talie ...more
Steph Moles Krayeski
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Tucker Cody and Natalie Dalton (a.k.a. Talie) have a magnetic connection. Together, they attempt to heal from the misery of their tragic pasts ~ and want to start living a happy life together.

But, a whirlwind of truths will soon be revealed...
What is Talie's connection to Tucker's past?
Will Tuck forgive her?

And, danger is lurking in their hometown...
Who's stalking them?
Can Tucker keep Talie, her family, and their best friends safe?

Get ready to love the mystery and action during the conc
Louisa
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
So I read this book straight off the back of the first one.
Tucks POV.....

I am not so sure, he felt a bit girly and kept going on about the same things a bit. When there was a bit of action towards the end of the book it just didn't seem manly enough from his view!

And the grammar. There is one sentence that for some reason I spent far to long distracted by.
when her parents are coming over and she says "you know this is going to go horribly right?"
I think it is meant to say "you know this is goin
Liz
The One Girl fell kind of flat for me. This time around its told from Tucker's POV, and he had these long drawn out inner monologues that an emo woman would have. It was annoying as all hell. All questions were answered but to me it came off as kind of lame. I'm just saying if my boo thangs bat shit crazy sister tried to kill me, me and that cray cray bitch will not be friends, mental illness and brain injury be damned. All in all I say give it a try because book 1 ends on a cliffhanger BUT be p ...more
Dottie
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
So it turns out, this author really seems to like adding a twist to her stories and this one had one I really didn't see coming but that just makes it fun! I really enjoyed this series. I would have loved Kayla to get her own (hint-hint) but in any case, it was a good book. I liked Tuck quite a lot but then I really liked Natalie too. And their friends. Hopefully someday we'll wander back into Joplin via these books again! Highly enjoyable book!
Dee
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book picked up right where the first one left and I must say this one was waaaay better than the first.
I think being in Tukes POV could have been the reason. It was funny and sexy as hell and just read alot better than the first.

The main charaters were just awesome. The supporting characters were brillent and made the story what it is and if there is a third book about Cole - cant wait!!
Randi
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was only 135 pages. That is my "negative" comment.
This book kept me up late because I didn't start it until 9! Once I realized it was available, I was not about to NOT start the book.
Love the characters and that she brought in Kayla, the sassy sister. I need me a Tucker Cody!!! Matter of fact, think I would like to just pack up and move to Joplin, too. Can't wait for Cade's story!
Susan
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
"The One Girl" picks up right where the first book "The One Place" left off with a few new characters thrown in. This book is told by Tucker's perspective and deals with their past. Just as the first book, the characters had great chemistry and the story line just flowed nicely to the end. This series is a must read for all romantic suspense readers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Secretly Adorkable Readers
A very good story line with a continuation of a hard subject from the first book. An lot of language and explicit sex scenes but the author did warn us, just a little more than what I can take. Love Tuck, Talia, and the gang. Kayla brought in a lot of humor in the story. Can't wait for Coleman Colts story.
Tracey
This is the second and final book for this contemporary romance/drama for Adult/New Adult. Loads of twists, turns and psychological mind f...slaps as well as a satisfying conclusion to a well written book.
Lisa
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. It still wasn't great but it was noticeably better than the first one. There was still way too much use of "babe" for me but it had more action than the first one. I'm not sure I find it all believable but I guess it's fiction.
Sally
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a twist!

The first book had me hooked and the second was just what I needed to a conclusion.

I really enjoyed reading about Tallie and Tucker, it was sweet, heartbreaking and lovely and the secondary characters really made it for me too!
Laurel Curtis
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks for reading! <3
Stephanie
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Of course I bought it to know what happened! Again, liked the story line but it was over the top w/ the sex.
Arismum
Could have been so much better.
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great ending to the series. I really enjoyed it. Sassy h - check, Alpha H -Check, Romance-check, suspense-check, Great supporting characters- checks.
Diane
Sep 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Desperate Thoughts: The Gift (Victoria Wilde, #0.5)
  • Soulmates (Soulmates, #1)
  • Kiss me, Chloe
  • Fake (A Pretty Pill, #2)
  • Betrayed (The Pirate, #2)
  • Seeing Red (Seeing Red, #1)
  • Dirty Thirty
  • Me & My Invisible Guy
  • Missing
  • Visiting Paradise
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Catching a Fallen Starr
  • Good Girls
  • Loving Amy (Sensual Erotica, #1)
  • Forever Mine
  • Damage Done
  • Desperation of Love (Of Love, #2)
  • A Little Less Conversation
Laurel Ulen Curtis is a 28 year old mother of one. She lives with her husband and son (and cat!) in New Jersey, but grew up all over the United States. She graduated from Rutgers University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology, and puts that to almost no use other than forecasting for her friends! She has a passion for her family, laughing, and reading and writing Romance novels. Oh, ...more

The One Series (2 books)
  • The One Place (The One Series, #1)