Start by marking “Go! Go! Go! Stop!” as Want to Read:
Go! Go! Go! Stop!

Go! Go! Go! Stop!

One day Little Green rolls into town and says his first word: "Go!" The town is building a bridge, and now everyone has a job to do, from dump truck to forklift. Little Green helps them do their jobs with gusto. Until . . . there is a little too much gusto. They can go, go, go . . . but how will they stop?

This bright, fun book with a bold package captures the endless energ
Published February 25th 2014 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Go! Go! Go! Stop!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go! Go! Go! Stop!

Start your review of Go! Go! Go! Stop!
Marieke
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG the small reader LOVES this book. He loves the word "GO," thanks to "Go, Dog. Go." And this book is full of "cars" doing all sorts of things. The design is so cute and it's really fun to read. ...more
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A cute book for teaching children the meaning of traffic light colors.
Kelsey
Age: 1-year-old-preschool
Things that go: construction
Emotion: Patience, balance, take your time

Eff it, I'm giving it 5 stars. Harper achieves so many things in this highly attractable book. One day, Little Green says his first word: go. Excited to share his word with the world, he bounces inside of an empty stoplight and shouts it for everyone to hear. Waking from their naps (holding adorable things such as a blanket and teddy bear), the construction vehicles wake up and zoom to action. Little G
Marianne
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Cute book to use for a transportation story time. Children will enjoy shouting "GO!" with Little Green and "STOP!" with Little Red. ...more
H
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Brooke
This was a fun book, and the kids really got into it. You can do go & stop loud & quiet and fast & slow. Great for opposites PLUS it helps teach them about the traffic signals!
Maura
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read out loud and got my two year old "reading" the words stop and go when he sees little green or red! ...more
Megababy
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I LOVE THIS BOOK. Mom doesn't, she thinks it is silly, but it is my favorite and I would make her read it 3 times every night if I could. I found it one day on the shelf when mom made me pick out a new book instead of reading the Santa book again. Then for a while every night I ask for "the truck book" and mom tries to tell me this book isn't really about trucks but I don't care. I even slept with it sometimes.

I like to yell GO GO GO! and STOP! I can even point at the word GO before mom tells me
Villain E
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This was a hit at our house. We had to immediately read it again. The kids are learning about stop and go, and have also taken an interest in vehicles. This book also teaches project management; how much to go go go, and when to stop. I would have liked yellow to show up sooner, rather than as the punchline.
Janet
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting presentation of the concepts of red and green traffic lights using basic machines which are building a bridge. This is a fun, active story with good appeal to many children. This story struck me subtlety with a couple of underlying themes of balance and cooperation, two concepts lacking in today’s world.
Samantha
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one is great to read at storytime. You can review colors and have the kids help you when you get to the color word. It also has great tie-ins for activities afterward, like freeze dance or Mother May I.
S
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of 'go' and 'stop'. All 'go' leads to problems. All 'stop' means nothing gets done but when 'go' and 'stop' work together, a new bridge is built.

Fantastic book for read alouds but also great for those digger/truck kids.
Catherine
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: preschool
My 5 year old and 3 year old both loved this book. After a few reads one of them would read all the "Go"s and the other would read all the "Stop"s. That made it even more fun for me to read it to them again and again! ...more
Emily Love
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is cute, and it's a great way to explain colors, words, and signs to kids. My son loved this one, mostly because it has cars in it. ...more
Emily A. Clifford
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Henry loved it, I felt like it was missing some plot. Adorable illustrations.
Darinda
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book using "Stop!" (the red circle) and "Go!" (the green circle). It was fun to read aloud with my toddler. ...more
Chelsea
This book is a good way to introduce the meaning and symbolism of GO and STOP.

Read during Preschool Play on September 15th, 2017.
Christina
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We picked this book up at the library. It is excellent and received multiple reads. Four year old and infant both enjoyed this at the same time.
Anna
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Very hard to read for storytime, but I think it'd be fun for a one-on-one read. ...more
Tracy
Jan 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kiddo, fiction
Dammit, it would have been trivial to make some characters other than male. One star because cooperating is good, but come on.
Gail
Cute for the littles and how to work together.
gina
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, cars
I thought my son was going to cry when I said we had to return it lol. He LOVED this book!
Colorado Buck
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meaning of go and stop. Colors red green and yellow introduced. Things that go. Fun.
Marissa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really cute drawings, interesting words, and information about the real world (green means go!).
Christine
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Really fun with toddlers--one slightly older kid (preschool age) was SO jazzed to point out all the different vehicles. I'd like to try this with preschool or even kindergarten. ...more
Andrea
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, picture-book
Appealing book for kids who like trucks, machines, and things that go.
Amanda Harrison
This would be a good book to read with preschool.
Jane Karen
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun shout out books for young kids to learn the stop go concept
Lara
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun (and very interactive!) picture book for storytime. Basic directions, opposites, colors, construction equipment, trucks/cars... tons of fun potential storytime themes to use this with.
Kristin Nelson
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it
The story is good enough. The preschoolers loved being able to read all the "stop" and "go." ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse
  • Peek-a-Boooo! (Heart-felt Books)
  • Rex Wrecks It!
  • Spooky Pookie
  • Clifford's First Halloween
  • Three Cheers for Kid McGear!
  • Little Excavator
  • The Very Impatient Caterpillar
  • Playborhood: Turn Your Neighborhood Into a Place for Play
  • Another
  • Goodnight, Veggies
  • Hopi Tales of Destruction
  • The Tower of the Bear (Yankee Republic Book 3)
  • Trombone Shorty
  • The Unplugged Family Activity Book: 60+ Simple Crafts and Recipes for Year-Round Fun
  • Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder