Start by marking “The Iggy Chronicles, Volume One (Chet and Bernie Mystery 0.2)” as Want to Read:
The Iggy Chronicles, Volume One (Chet and Bernie Mystery 0.2)

The Iggy Chronicles, Volume One (Chet and Bernie Mystery 0.2)

Chet and Bernie—everybody’s favorite human-canine detective team—return in an e-original short story that gives Chet’s best friend Iggy his moment in the spotlight.

Iggy is a dog who doesn’t get out much, so it’s big news when elderly Mr. Parsons knocks on Bernie’s door to say that Iggy has vanished. In the search for Iggy, Chet and Bernie find Mrs. Parsons unconscious on h
Published August 13th 2013 by Atria Books (first published August 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Iggy Chronicles, Volume One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Iggy Chronicles, Volume One

Ivonne Rovira
Aug 21, 2013 Ivonne Rovira rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: none but diehard Chet fans
I usually love Chet and Bernie stories, but this short story proved quite a disappointment. With the exception of Bernie Little's distraught neighbor Mr. Parsons and his extremely ill wife, the secondary characters in The Iggy Chronicles, Volume One, whether friendly or villainous, were over-the-top cartoon characters.

I've read worst tripe, but let's just hope there won't ever be a Volume Two.
Peggy
Aug 13, 2013 Peggy rated it really liked it
Tip-top!
Amanda
I'm so glad this was a short story and not a full length novel. I didn't care that much for the story and many of the secondary characters that much. I still have one more short story to read for this series, I hope that one is better.
Lelia Taylor
Nov 10, 2014 Lelia Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
There’s a pet food commercial on TV that features a number of dogs running and leaping. I don’t remember the name of the product but I love to watch the dogs and, every time I see it, I just naturally think of Chet because he takes such joy in life, the way those dogs look like they’re doing. Chet—and, of course, Bernie—are two of my favorite detectives and it’s always a treat to see them again.

This time, their neighbor dog (and Chet’s pal), Iggy, has disappeared and his owner is desperate to fi
Deborah Carden
May 13, 2016 Deborah Carden rated it it was amazing
Poor Iggy! Thank goodness Chet and Bernie were on the case! I can't seem to find Iggy Chronicles, Volume Two and I have to read it. If you are a Chet and Bernie fan (what kind of person wouldn't be?!?) you will enjoy this short book that focuses on Chet's best buddy, Iggy.
Robin Lee Hatcher
Short and sweet and Chet as delightful as ever.
Cherry
Apr 05, 2015 Cherry rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the Cat was Involved one, but pretty good.
Paula
Sep 12, 2013 Paula rated it liked it
Cute short story. Dog is narrator for a different point of view.
Kathy
Lis Carey
Jan 29, 2014 Lis Carey rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, dogs, fiction
Iggy is Chet's best canine friend, the little white dog that lives across the road with Mr. and Mrs. Parsons. Iggy doesn't get out much, because he's far too clever at eluding the fence, and the elderly Parsons aren't up to chasing him anymore--especially with Mrs. Parsons in ill health.

So it's a big surprise when Mr. Parsons comes over early one morning, awakening Chet and Bernie with the news that Iggy is missing.

Even more disturbing, at least to Chet, is that he can't pick up any scent trail
Debbie
Jul 01, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it
(Mystery, Novella – adjunct to the series)

Another sort of prequel to the Chet & Bernie series (see item #1), this is the story of Iggy, the dog next door. Iggy is Chet’s bud, but they don’t see much of each other.

While this wasn’t as intriguing as "A Cat Was Involved," another series prequel, Quinn still has a way with a story and this dog’s irrepressible take on life.

Read this if: you’re a series fan. If you haven’t read any of the books yet, start with A Cat Was Involved and then move on t
Charles Isom
Jan 13, 2014 Charles Isom rated it it was amazing
A short "prequel" to the Sound and the Furry, I was hoping the story would be told from Iggy's point of view (the only dog we hear from is Chet). E-books of this type generally tend to be written to tide fans over until the next installment can be published, but this one actually had a major event happen to one of the secondary characters that will (I imagine) have repercussions for the books in the future. As with most Chet and Bernie books, the mystery here is rather easy to figure out, but th ...more
Beverly
Jul 23, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Iggy is a dog who doesn’t get out much, so it’s big news when Iggy has vanished. With a jewel thief making short work of hospital patients’ valuables, it seems that Iggy is not alone in disappearing right out from under somebody’s nose. Suspects are plentiful and witnesses are few. But when little Iggy reappears, tail wagging, it turns out he holds the key to solving the entire affair. Cute novel. If you are a fan of Chet and Bert, then this story of Iggy is charming.
Mari
Aug 15, 2013 Mari rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Thank you Spencer Quinn for this short story to tide us over until the next Chet and Bernie comes out. If you follow the series, this short is a real pleasure. Not only do we get more of Chet's unique and wonderful voice, we get to spend a little time with Iggy and her people. It was great! And a nice little mystery too. I cannot recommend this series highly enough!Did i mention Spencer Quinn has a terrific sense of humor?
Nick
Jun 16, 2014 Nick rated it it was amazing
Chet's best bud/nextdoor neighbor Iggy goes missing and Bernie offers to look into it. In part I think what I liked so much about this was Chet was never sure if they were on a case or not so he just seemed to be having more fun. Chet's joie de vivre is so contagious I feel happy when I read this series. Not too many people can pull off writing from the dog's pov but Spencer Quinn has got it down!
Kathy Tracey
Aug 08, 2013 Kathy Tracey rated it it was amazing
What's the first thing you do when you realize you might be snowed in for a few days? You stock up on reading materials. another short story by Spencer Quinn was my first selection. Chet's best friend, Iggy goes missing and it's up to him and his partner Bernie, to bring Iggy home. This is another home perfectly enjoyable read that will make you smile.
Anne
Aug 19, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
Happy to have this little missive to whet my appetite all over again for the next Chet and Bernie Mystery. The Sound and the Furry coming in September... can't wait.

This series is fun, witty, endearing.... coming back to the characters is like walking in the door and being greeted by your favorite four legged friends. <3
Emily
This was an absolutely adorable short little novella (I do wish it could've been longer!). I cannot get enough of Chet (the wonder dog)'s narration. I genuinely do want to hug him and give him a few treats, which is either a sign of good writing on Spencer Quinn's part, or a sign that I'm going absolutely crazy for wanting to love and feed a fictional character. Possibly both. Probably both.
Nancy
Dec 18, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-kindle
Jeanne
Aug 08, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it
I love these short stories in the Chet and Bernie series. This one concerns the disappearance of Chet's best friend Iggy and Chet's and Bernie's hunt for him. A happy ending is the icing on the cake.
Linda
Apr 06, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
This a dog lovers mystery series short, a cozy read to relax you and enjoy it before bedtime or an afternoons relaxing snooze! I love the characterization the author gives the humans, thru the dogs' voices and their insights into dog life are spot on! I plan on reading the whole series!
Lesliebasney
Aug 08, 2013 Lesliebasney rated it liked it
It seems most established authors are releasing short story ebooks to entice readers to their next novel and enhance their wallet. This one was very short and not up to Quinn's usual quality. 2.5 stars
Sharon
Feb 15, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it
First let me say that I love the Chet and Bernie Mysteries. I was a little disappointed with this short story about Chet best friend Iggy. I think my main problem was the story was to short and didn't explain enough about Iggy situation.
Bill Shubert
Dec 20, 2016 Bill Shubert rated it really liked it
Cute Cheat & Bernie short story. I liked this because its brevity kept it from feeling as recycled as the Chet & Bernie novels become when you read too many. Iggy the idiotic little dog next door gets his starring role at last.
Mary Lou Webb
May 05, 2015 Mary Lou Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always good for a laugh

I love the Chet and Bernie series. The author writes with a knowledgeable sense of humor, as if he has a special understanding of dogs. The short stories are good fillers until the next book is published.
Vanessa Hardy
Should've been longer or free

Cute story, but it's so short it should be free. It's the type of story many authors have free on their websites. Or perhaps all three shorts could be combined in one book for 99¢.
Tina
Jan 27, 2014 Tina rated it liked it
A cute short story that puts Iggy, Chet's best friend from the nation within the nation (a dogs world), in the spotlight. Cute story, but not as good as the mystery novels about Chet and his human Bernie and their adventures as partners in the Little Detective Agency.
Lara
As a short story, there is not much scope to build up suspense or to add red-herrings. For existing fans, this is a fun, quick read that gives a bit of back story to Chet and Bernie's neighbours. For new fans, a taste of Chet's unique, four-footed view of the world of work as a PI.
Wendi
Aug 07, 2013 Wendi rated it liked it
Didn't enjoy this as much as the first Chet & Bernie short but it was a fun, quick read (kind of confused when it was over, it ended so abruptly). Includes an excerpt from the new full length Chet & Bernie mystery.
Kelly
Oct 20, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
I love this series. It's a detective series told from the point of view of the detective's dog. But not dog-as-human. Dog-as-dog. Short memory. Obsession with smells. All of it. I recommend the whole series if you like dogs or just want a new take on the detective novel.
  • Drop Dead on Recall  (Animals in Focus, #1)
  • New Tricks (Andy Carpenter #7)
  • Paw and Order (Paw Enforcement, #2)
  • A Dog About Town
  • Desperate Housedogs (Pampered Pets Mystery #1)
  • Nose Down, Eyes Up
  • Collared
  • It's Okay to Miss the Bed on the First Jump: And Other Life Lessons I Learned from Dogs
  • A Cat Called Cupid
  • The Dog Who Danced
  • Gone with the Woof (Melanie Travis, #16)
  • Rottweiler Rescue (Diane Brennan Mystery #1)
  • Now & Then
  • Muzzled (Kate Turner, DVM #1)
  • Who's That Dog? 35 Fabulous Rescues That Found Their Forever Homes
  • Gun Shy (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #3)
  • Connected Souls A Dog Story
  • Bailey's Story
1932450
Spencer Quinn lives on Cape Cod with his dog Audrey, and is hard at work on the next Chet and Bernie adventure.

Spencer Quinn is a pseudonym of author Peter Abrahams.

Series:
* A Chet and Bernie Mystery

More about Spencer Quinn...

Chet and Bernie Mystery (8 books)
  • Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #1)
  • Thereby Hangs a Tail (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #2)
  • To Fetch a Thief (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #3)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #4)
  • A Fistful of Collars (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #5)
  • The Sound and the Furry (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #6)
  • Paw and Order (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #7)
  • Scents and Sensibility (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #8)