Jump to ratings and reviews

Delicious

With a full moon hanging over the apple orchards of Delicious, Ohio, romance is in the air, and three couples are about to experience the magic of falling in love.
ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
Down on Jonathan Avenue, the shy proprietor of the quaint bookstore can't seem to keep her fantasies about a famous writer to herself.

MOON MAGNETISM
While at The Old Orchard Inn the tempting smell of spiced hot cider lures an out-of-town investor to investigate the magnetic attraction of his sultry but strangely old-fashioned manager.

FULL MOON PIE
And over at Apple of My Pie a play-by-the-rules accountant wants much more than tasty treats from the pop up food truck's capricious baker.

Satisfaction is just a bite away.

288 pages, Mass Market Paperback

First published January 1, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Lori Foster

468 books11.2k followers

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from the event have benefited many worthy causes, including the Hamilton County YWCA Battered Women’s Shelter, the Animal Adoption Foundation, The Conductive Learning Center for children with spina bifida and cerebral palsy, and The One Way Farm, Children’s Home.

Each year Lori donates all proceeds from one book to charity. You can see the benefit romance books here: http://lorifoster.com/benefit-books/

Career Highlights
•In 2001, Lori received the prestigious Romantic Times “Career Achievement Award” for Series Romantic Fantasy.

•In 2002, Lori’s book Too Much Temptation was the top-selling romance title for Amazon books.

•In 2003, Say No To Joe was the second “Bestselling Original Contemporary” romance title for Waldenbooks.

•In 2004, Lori Foster was a clue in the New York Times crossword puzzle.

•In 2004, The Secret Life of Bryan was the “Bestselling Original Contemporary” romance title for the BGI group.

•In 2005, Lori received the prestigious Romantic Times “Career Achievement Award” for Contemporary Romance.

•In 2006, Jude’s Law was the “Bestselling Romantic Comedy” romance title for the BGI group.

•In 2007, Lori launched a new “urban fantasy” series under the name L.L. Foster. See more on her “dark side” at www.llfoster.com.

•In 2007, Causing Havoc was among Amazon’s Top Ten Editor’s picks in Romance.

•In 2008, Hard to Handle made #2 on The New York Times.

•In 2009, Servant: The Acceptance was Amazon’s #1 Editors’ Pick in Romance.

•In 2010, Lori was a clue in the USA Today Quick Cross puzzle.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
736 reviews374 followers
May 28, 2016
Once in a Blue Moon / Lori Foster

4.25 Stars.
This was lovely, sweet, and sexy. I loved both Stan and Jenna. They were a perfect match. Thank you, Lori Foster for this wonderful read.

Moon Magnetism / Lucy Monroe

4 Stars.
Another hot and sexy short story by Lucy Monroe. Despite the fact that the game Blake and Ivy played didn't quite sit well with me, I really enjoyed the romance between them. Moreover, the ending was very sweet and it simply touched my heart. I couldn’t help but fall in love with Blake. *Sigh*

Full Moon Pie / Sarah Title

2 Stars.
The story was somewhat boring and repetitive. I almost threw the book away when Mona started to blame Dan for the awful taste of her bakery and I was so upset when he told her that he loved her, instead of beaming with joy, she kicked him out of her house and called it 'stupid stuff'! Even though she came to her senses in the end, it was too little too late. I couldn’t give this one more than 2 stars.

However, the first two stories were pretty good, and I thought it wouldn’t be fair to rate this anthology only 3 stars just because of one disappointing story. So I ended up giving Delicious 4 stars.
Profile Image for Karla.
1,044 reviews226 followers
December 19, 2014

once in a blue moon by lori foster

I loved this author and her hot possessive alpha males! it pains me to give this such low rating BUT I guess they can't all be winners. I get that his a novella but it was way too rushed. The attraction between the H/h was off the charts but their insta love I didn't believe. I think an epilogue would of helped!!
Profile Image for Renegade ♥.
1,339 reviews
September 20, 2016
4 stars

These quick stories move super fast in the love and steamy sex department but I picked up this collection expecting that would likely be the case.

If you're looking for something longer and more in depth that you can really sink your teeth into, your best bet is to find a novel instead, as these may not work for you.

That being said, if you enjoy short stories and novellas with a bit of romance and some definite heat, you might enjoy these.

I had fun with the whole moon influence deal, as well as the interesting, sometimes humorous dynamics and challenges it created for these couples, and simply enjoyed the ride on this novella train...

(I've read a number of books by Lori Foster and own a few books by Lucy Monroe that I haven't read yet but plan to check out in future. Sarah Title was new to me but her story was my favorite of the three because it was sweet and made me laugh. I'll be on the look out for more tales from her...)

Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster - 3 1/2 to 4 stars
Completed: 09/19/16

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe - 4 stars
Completed: 09/20/16

Full Moon Pie by Sara Title - Just over 4 stars
Completed: 09/20/16

*** Please note that both Foster and Monroe's stories have been previously published in other romance anthologies. I don't know if Title has had her story published elsewhere.
Profile Image for Tiffany Reads It All.
706 reviews41 followers
February 12, 2014
A collection of stories about a small town and the magical people who live there. I didn't like this one much at first, but the third story kind of makes up for the first two.

"Once in a Blue Moon" - 2.5 stars
This is not what I normally read--it's about a middle-aged widow with kids who falls for a local author. It's an okay story; I just couldn't relate to the characters much.

"Moon Magnetism" - 2.5 stars
This one had the potential to be better, but it was originally written in 2005 and boy, does it show! For a story that's so dependent on technology as one of its plot points, the editor(s) should've done more here. Palm Pilots? Do those even exist anymore? And there's a moment when a character realizes that his cell phone has a "time function"...gee, ya think? The story could have been good, but it's so dated as to be distracting.

"Full Moon Pie" - 3.5 stars
My favorite story of the three, this one is also the most current (2013). I think it could have been expanded as a stand-alone novel, as the characters are funny and mostly likable. Plus, I seem to have a weakness for stories that take place in bakeries or have a main character who bakes.

As with many (if not all) romance novellas, the love part of the love story happens very quickly; however, all the characters here have some type of history with each other. Anyway, it's a pretty cute collection, especially if you like small-town settings with a dash of magical elements.
Profile Image for Cardyn Brooks.
Author 4 books23 followers
Read
April 16, 2014
This collection of two stories from 2005 by L.F. and L.M. and one 2014 story by S.T., which would benefit greatly from at least a few sentences of initial explanation, make Delicious stale. These easy-money repackagings of previously published shorts by deservedly popular authors with one new story tacked on to make the anthology a "new" title qualify for their own sub-category labeled Contemporary Archaic: romance fiction set in modern times with outdated attitudes, expectations, terminology, and technology.

As assembled, Delicious isn't worth deducting $price+tax from individual readers' or strapped libraries' budgets. Even introducing one more new story by another basically unknown author would have made this anthology seem more like a legitimate thematic romance sampler instead of a pure money grab without any respect for fans of L.F. and L.M. or romance readers in general.

The 2 & 3/4 pages of excerpt for L.F.'s upcoming Jamie are the best reading. It's a reprint from 2003.
Profile Image for Mollie *scoutrmom*.
938 reviews37 followers
February 18, 2014
It kind of stinks that they'd take two older stories I'd already read, put them in a collection with a newer author they'd like to promote, and call it new. If I'd paid money for this instead of checking it out of the library, I'd be angry. Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware.)
Profile Image for Kesha.
441 reviews10 followers
September 3, 2014
I had read Lori Foster and Lucy Monroe's stories before. I hate when old stories are put in new books and packaged as something new. I actually like Sarah Title's "Full Moon Pie" the best.
Profile Image for Susan.
4,332 reviews93 followers
November 8, 2014
Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster

It's all because of that stupid blue moon. That's what Stan Tucker thinks as he walks through Delicious, Ohio, suddenly privy to everyone's innermost thoughts, a gift courtesy of a rare blue moon. What most people have on their minds is boring--grocery lists, work woes, appointments. But not Jenna Rowan's super-private thoughts. The pretty, shy bookstore owner is having decidedly hot thoughts about Stan...naked, sweaty, not-for-primetime thoughts. Stan's lusted after Jenna for ages, but he never thought the proper lady was interested. Now that he knows, he intends to do something about it, and this time, he won't be the only one howling at the moon...

Fun book. Stan has been interested in Jenna for a long time, but thought she wasn't interested. Until the day of a blue moon came and his ability to read minds was enhanced. Suddenly he could hear the very real and very hot fantasies she was having about him. This gave him the motivation he needed to pursue her and let her know just how into her he was.

I loved the fact that Stan and Jenna are older. She's turning forty, has two kids, and doesn't feel all that attractive. Stan is also older, is successful at what he does, and knows what he wants, and what he wants is Jenna. He's not interested in short term, either, he wants it all. Jenna is stunned to discover that Stan wants her as much as she wants him. She's a little freaked out by his mind reading, but she's more concerned about what effect their relationship might have on her kids. I really enjoyed the way that Stan had an answer for all her concerns, loved that her kids liked him so much, and had to laugh at her daughter's reaction to Stan's ability. It was great to see Jenna accept that it was okay for her to want something for herself too.

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe

Ivy Kendall dreads the full moon. For generations, women in her family have been extremely magnetic on that day--which was fine fifty years ago but not in the age of hard drives and cell phones. That's why the hotel manager has resisted the technological improvements her boss wants her to implement. Now, the sexy, dynamic Blake Hawthorne is coming to insist on the upgrades in person. Shoot, he'll probably fire her. Being around Blake makes her body go as haywire as a full moon, maybe even more. And as long as she's going to be out of a job soon, there's no reason not to use a little of that magnetism to her advantage, luring him into an elevator where the only electricity that will work is the kind they generate themselves...

Fun story. Ivy can't be around electronics of any sort around and during a full moon, because they all quit working. As a hotel manager it's a real problem, especially when the company that owns the hotel wants to upgrade everything. She's managed to avoid it for a couple years, but now her boss is coming to oversee it.

I liked both Ivy and Blake. Ivy is a great manager for the hotel. The staff and the guests all love her. She's managed just fine without all the fancy modern gadgets. She's worried about Blake's arrival for two reasons. First, if she doesn't go along with the upgrades, she'll probably lose her job. Second, just being around him gets her hot and bothered.

Blake doesn't understand why Ivy avoids coming to the conferences and meetings that the other managers attend. He's been attracted to her since he met her, but spending any time with her has been impossible. When he arrives in Delicious he's looking forward to seeing her again, and hoping to get her to see him as more than her boss. He's thrilled when he realizes that she's just as into him.

I loved seeing Ivy tell Blake about the problem with electronics. His disbelief was logical, and seeing her work to convince him was fun. Even more fun was the developing relationship between the two. Their times together were steamy, with the realization that it was more than just physical. Blake was especially freaked by the way he was thinking about her, and it took him a little bit to accept that what he felt was right. Ivy was certain that there was no way for her to be with Blake, thanks to her problem. I loved seeing the solution that Blake came up with, showing that his love was able to overcome whatever barriers there were.

Full Moon Pie by Sarah Title

Mona runs a pop-up bakery in Delicious, Ohio. Dan has a small accounting office in town, with a nice view of the town square – where Mona parks her mobile bakery every month or so. Dan is a hardworking guy who has built his business up from nothing, and he can’t stand the way Mona flits in and out of business whenever the mood strikes her. Still, he can’t deny her popularity, or her clever business sense. Or her figure under those Full Moon Sweets t-shirts.

But Mona’s not just capricious – there’s a reason she can’t run her business full time. Will straight-laced Dan be able to handle the truth? Or is he too sweet to be true?

Fun story. Mona is another resident of Delicious who is affected by the full moon. She has inherited a need to bake. Her baked goods seem to have a little something extra that makes them taste extraordinarily good. But at any other time, her baked goods don't taste so good, so she only bakes and sells on full moon days. This is an odd way to run a business, and it drives accountant Dan nuts. He's a guy who is a bit of a workaholic and has built his business into a success. As much as her business bothers him, he is still attracted to her. He fights it by trying to ignore her, which doesn't really work.

When Dan finally gives in to his need to actually be with Mona, he's stunned by the intensity of his feelings. He also has a hard time accepting the way she runs her business, and has a tendency to try to talk to her about it. Mona has also been attracted to him, but irritated by his habit of ignoring her unless he's commenting on her business. When he shows up at her truck one day and they nearly go up in flames when they kiss, she knows she has to tell him the truth about her baking.

Dan's reaction is not really unexpected, but Mona doesn't take it very well. I loved seeing him show up at Mona's house while she's baking and want to help her. I thought it was really sweet of him. Mona loved having him there as support, even if he couldn't help. So when he didn't react well to her telling him about her "curse", it did more than just hurt her feelings. She had already fallen for him and it created quite a conflict in her. She loved him, but kept denying it to herself as she was baking, and suddenly things weren't turning out. Dan had left Mona when she kicked him out after their argument, and was in terrible mood the next day, also trying to deny the way he felt. His big moment, after having the truth pointed out to him about his feelings was really sweet.
Profile Image for Linda.
3,031 reviews2 followers
May 25, 2018
Delicious is a three books in one novel written by three different authors that tell you about three females who think that they are cursed by a blue or full moon every month. Set in Ohio, the three authors tell such unique tales that entertained me with their freshness and every time I look at an apple, I will remember this book! From making electronics short out to baking tempting apple treats, there will be something that every reader will like.
Profile Image for Linda George.
533 reviews1 follower
September 21, 2022
I enjoyed this book of three inhabitants of the town of Delicious, OH, who all have moon related special abilities. One can hear other people's thoughts during the days of the full moon, another is so magnetic that all devices quit working around her and the last goes into a baking frenzy during the full moon. Somehow they all find their perfect soulmate.
Profile Image for Amanda.
2,176 reviews21 followers
August 17, 2017
I DNFed both Foster and Monroe's sections. Foster's I thought was insane, though I liked the premise of mind reading. Monroe's I found to be a clunky bdsm take.
I loved Sarah Title's!!! All the stars are for her.
Profile Image for Lena.
1,039 reviews2 followers
May 11, 2017
DNF
I read the first two novellas. Based on the cover and descriptions I expected something light and sweet but they​ were poorly-written raunchy garbage.
Profile Image for Janet.
809 reviews31 followers
March 29, 2020
I really enjoyed this light reads of sweetness.
49 reviews
November 21, 2020
1st one cute. 2nd one got too Racey and I mean Racey. Tried third one gave up.
Profile Image for Nancy.
247 reviews
September 19, 2022
Nancy

Just read Lori Foster book it was great! Funny at times but interesting facts, short but sweet story! Characters were great! Loved the 🐛 worms! Thanks
2,957 reviews
October 17, 2021
Three short stories by Lori Foster, Lucy Monroe, and Sarah Title about characters affected by the full moon, especially the blue moon. In Once in a Blue Moon, Stan is able to read a person's mind and, with a woman he is interested in, he knows what she wants. In Moon Magnetism, Ivy gets magnetic during the full moon and destroys electronics she is exposed to. In Full Moon Pie, Mona is able to bake delicious apple goodies only during the full moon. Otherwise, her bakery items are inedible.
45 reviews14 followers
September 5, 2014
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads!

This is an anthology featuring stories written about a town called Delicious, Ohio. It features three stories by authors Lori Foster, Lucy Monroe, & Sarah Title.

Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster (5 stars)
This is the story of Jenna (a bookshop owner) and Stan Tucker (a writer of gardening books). Stan has the ability during blue moons to read minds. When he hears the thoughts that Jenna is having about him, will he act on the attraction he has had for her since they met? Jenna is a mother of two children, whose husband died three years ago. Will she be able to trust Stan with her heart and more importantly with her children? Read to find out. I really enjoyed this story and I thought Jenna's children were especially darling with wanting their mother to be happy and with wanting the comforts that comes with having a dad.

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe (5 stars)
This is the story of Ivy Kendall & Blake Hawthorne (her boss). Ivy runs the Old Orchard Inn. When she does not show to the latest management training seminar, her boss show up at the inn. Ivy has a curse during full moons that makes anything electronic die, her boss thinks she is just a technophobe. She winds up quitting her job, when he wants to add central air to the inn. They have been attracted to each other from the moment they met, but have not acted on it. Blake because he is her boss and Ivy because of her curse. Will they be able to have a life together? I really enjoyed the story and the interaction between Ivy and Blake.

Full Moon Pie by Sarah Title (5 stars)
This is the story of Mona Miller and Dan Fields. These two are as different from each other as night and day. Mona owns a food truck but only bakes when there is a full moon due to being moon cursed. She can not stop baking while there is a full moon, and her food is outstanding during that time. However, during the rest of the month, her food tastes terrible. She uses the same recipes but it is part of the curse. Dan (an accountant) cannot understand her working so little, especially when he tries her apple cake. Sparks fly whenever these two are around each other. Will she be able to convince Dan of her curse? Will these two get their happily ever after? Read to find out. I really enjoyed this tale about these two.

I highly recommend this book to readers of romance. It is a quirky, enchanting read, that will have you wishing that it would not end.
3,104 reviews24 followers
January 19, 2015
Blue Moons (2 full moons in one month), town of Delicious, Ohio, and special powers…

Once in a Blue Moon – Lori Foster
Stan Tucker, rich, gardener, author – can read minds, especially during a full moon, and especially during a blue moon… Jenna Rowan, owner of The Book Nook, mother of a 10 year old boy and a 17 year old daughter, widowed 5 years… he is relatively new to town, he is attracted to her, but she is just friendly to him as to any customer, and he doesn’t think she returns his feelings… then, during the Blue Moon, he goes into her shop for an interview, and can read her lustful thoughts about him… emboldening him to proposition her… but in a sexy, understanding way (after all he can read her thoughts)… he kisses her over lunch, invites her and her son to go boating, reads her daughter’s mind to know she handled a bad date well… tells her the truth, because he wants it all… and she comes to him the next day…

Moon Magnetism – Lucy Monroe
Ivy Kendell – manager of the Old Orchard Inn… her moon related gift aka curse – anything electronic dies when she is near… Bake Hawthorne – owner of string of hotels, multi millionaire – attracted to Ivy, disappointed when she didn’t come to a conference – and goes to her… and he wants central air, and computerized reservations – and she tenders her resignation…

A few kisses… and her telling him why – and him trying to explain it as coincidence – and then believing her… and making love… and making plans to marry – with specially built rooms in their homes with anti magnetic properties to protect equipment from her during full moons…

Full Moon Pie – Sarah Title
Dan Fields – accountant – numbers man, small business consultant – always eats the same thing, at the same time (turkey sandwich at the diner); Mona – baker – Apple of My Pie, pink truck… she can only bake divinely during full moons – and only sells goods for the handful of days around. Dan is irritated by her lack of business acumen – she could make a killing if she opened a regular bakery… and he stubbornly refuses to buy her goods from the truck… but she engages him in conversation and his secretary leaves an apple pastry… and he offers to bring her dinner – and learns her truths… they have sex… they have words… she can’t bake… he returns… she can bake again… ahhhh
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
111 reviews1 follower
June 19, 2014
This is an anthology of 3 stories set in the same small Ohio town centered around the changes that occur to each of the subjects on the full moon. I have enjoyed everything Lori Foster and Lucy Monroe have written, including these stories, and loved the introduction to Sarah Title. Each protagonist has an extra talent that manifests at the full moon. They've kept these hidden, thinking them almost a curse, but they learn that the right person can accept and love them them, which helps them to accept themselves. The stories aren't deep, but they're enjoyable and can lighten up your mood and cause you to look forward to the next blue moon.
Profile Image for Jocelyn.
51 reviews
June 7, 2014
I admit that I bought this book for Lori Foster's story, but I loved the other stories as well. The premise of the book is that 3 women, all from the same town, have different abilities that are heightened during a full moon. No werewolves or anything really supernatural, just different. I will say that I enjoyed Lori's story the most, but I see myself finding books by the other authors in the future.
Profile Image for Marilyn Michalski.
87 reviews8 followers
January 5, 2014
I really did enjoy this book. I found it quite interesting how 3 different authors could write about the same town and have no character overlap. All three stories were interesting and very well written. They all had their take on how the moon affected their main characters and how the loves of their lives could and would accept them. Very good book with stellar writing.
Profile Image for Griz Girl.
227 reviews2 followers
March 17, 2014
Ridiculous short stories! Sometimes I like a quick short story...fast to read for when life is too busy to sit down with a book.

However, these stories were nothing but unreal sex scenes right from page 1! No story, no plot, just hot & heavy...a little of that goes a long way when I don't even know the character's names!

Not a bad book--but barely worth the time..............
Profile Image for Kati.
399 reviews8 followers
July 7, 2015
The central story by Lucy Monroe was the best of the 3. Lori Foster's contribution was not LF's best work, and having never read anything by Sarah Title before, I can only say that her story didn't impress me overly much. But the novella by Lucy Monroe was as hot as has been every other of her books that I've ever ready.
Profile Image for Deb.
490 reviews16 followers
January 2, 2014
What the heck is up with this town? Does no one speak to each other? How can no one outside of families know about the curses/gifts? Cute stories though. Not necessarily a must read, but good for a Sunday afternoon.
Profile Image for Joyce.
404 reviews2 followers
February 5, 2014
I WON this book on Goodreads. Three short stories about the full moon and its effects on different people. These were all fun and easy reads. Really enjoyed all three stories. Would recommend it to everyone.
Profile Image for Nora-adrienne.
905 reviews122 followers
December 13, 2013
Delicious was a strange and delicious trio of stories. Each with a heroine who had a "gift" of one sort or another. More tomorrow.

FTC Full Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher who only requested a fair and impartial review.
Profile Image for FayAnn .
1,032 reviews2 followers
January 7, 2014
If you like small town romances with a twist, you'll really like this book. Deliciously sweet! The first 2 books are over the top to read, & the last one for me was really close to going over but just didn't. My rating = closer to 4.5-4.7/5. So in my views this book is worth everything.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 47 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.