Start by marking “A Not So Model Home” as Want to Read:
A Not So Model Home

A Not So Model Home

(Amanda Thorne Mysteries #2)

Open House for Murder

The real estate market is tanking, even in posh Palm Springs. So when Ian Forbes, the eccentric head of an international hair care empire, offers luxury realtor Amanda Thorne a chance to list his palatial Spanish style pad, she reluctantly agrees--even if it means appearing on the bizarre reality dating show he's starring in.

With so much at stake, a t
Published December 3rd 2013 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Not So Model Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Not So Model Home

❂ Jennifer
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I'm not sure what to think of this book. It's formula fits the cozy bill: amateur sleuth finds herself surrounded by murder and mayhem and stumbles across clues to solve the murder. Witty dialogue and comedy abound. Light romance throughout the story. BUT, the male author seems to see it as a goal to include as much vulgarity and sexual references as possible in 229 pages. Now I'm not at all adverse to vulgarity, but it just doesn't feel like it fits here - it feels like the author is going for ...more
Susan
Realtor Amanda is finding it hard to keep things going as the economy tanks, so she reluctantly accepts an offer from one of her former clients to appear in a reality show. Her role is as the client's best friend, which she's not in real life, and a "fag hag," which is closer to reality. A number of the client's former lovers are competing to be his new boyfriend and inherit his estate when he dies, as he will shortly. But some of the contestants start dying sooner. I still don't think James wri ...more
Janicecm
Aug 31, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first in the series, especially the relationship between Amanda and Alex. Waited 2 months for this one to arrive at local library. Very disappointed. Could have had more plot, less sex. Will not be reading any more of this series.
Susan
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual cup of tea --.very sexually explicit content -- but I found it amusing.
Dawn Frazier
Feb 18, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the first book in this series..this one, not so much. the language and subject matter were just a bit too much. Too vulgar.
Lisa
May 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Cozy mystery? Yes. Good plot? No. I just couldn't get into it. It was the only book I took with me on vacation, though, so I stuck it out. It doesn't get better, so if you don't like it in the first chapter or two, go ahead and write it off.
Traci Hill
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
funny book
Janine
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting...that's all I'm going to say.
Jo Anne
Sep 09, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
I didn't care of this book so I did not finish it
Gretchen
Second in the series. Still clever quips. Some of the sex stuff was over the top. I'll read the third one when it comes out, though.
Vicky
Feb 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous. This is the worst book I have read in ages. Please remind me NEVER to purchase another Amanda Thorne by David james.
Sabine
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I enjoyed it but didn't like that the murders don't happen until half way through the book...
Karen
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hilarious!
Debra Davis
Very different from the average cottage mystery. Don't read if you are offended by aberrant sexual behavior.
Samantha
Sep 06, 2014
Nora-adrienne
Nov 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Mildly celebrated author, David James divides his time between L.A. and Palm Springs handling sales of mid-century and modern homes by day, while working on spec TV scripts at night. He is extremely accomplished at folding fitted sheets.

aka David Stukas

Amanda Thorne Mysteries (2 books)
  • Three Bedrooms, Two Baths, One Very Dead Corpse