Start by marking “Molly Danger: Book One: Mighty” as Want to Read:
Molly Danger: Book One: Mighty

Molly Danger: Book One: Mighty

Molly Danger is the story of the world’s most powerful ten-year-old girl. A seemingly immortal, superstrong hero, Molly has protected the city of Coopersville for the last twenty years. Kept in constant isolation and watched closely by D.A.R.T. (The Danger Action Response Team), an organization created to assist in her heroic deeds and monitor her movements, Molly battles ...more
Published October 15th 2013 by Action Lab Entertainment Inc (first published July 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Molly Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Danger

Start your review of Molly Danger: Book One: Mighty
David Schaafsma
Jamal Igle and Action Lab Kickstarter project with a kick-ass girl main character. Nothing really to recommend it vs. other similar titles. It's not really a kid comic; it's more all ages than even YA. Molly is ten, she’s smart and invulnerable. Okay, she’s BEEN 10 for like 2o years, wherein she has been protecting the town of Coopersville from the evil Supermechs. Okay. . .. Molly is actually an ET turned super-hero who is watched warily by The Government for fear she'll go off the rails ("She' ...more
Lissibith
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
First things first- don't be thrown off by its appearance. This isn't a book for young kids, despite that only books for young kids have ever been sold to me in this tall, thin, hardcover format. that expectation made the overly technical and rote opening all the more surprising, and not in a good way.

Once I got past expectations and into the book itself, it was okay. The art is cute and I love the premise, but the pacing is really weird and the dialogue never really grabbed me, making this feel
Caroline
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting enough so far, though I'll be curious to see where it goes.
Bob
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Rating: 5/5 – Jamal Igle and Action Lab team up to bring you the best book of the year

Reese’s Cups. Two great tastes that go great together. Chocolate and peanut butter blending so perfectly into a candied confection so good you’re drooling right now just thinking about it. It’s particularly helpful that they put two in the packs you buy at the store, because while you’re indulging in the first one, you’re also dreaming about how good that second one is going to taste.

Now that I’ve set up the ba
Alan
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I was one of Jamal Igle's Kickstarter backers, and I read this with as an objective a view as possible (and I like to think I succeeded). My sound bite review of Molly Danger is standard super hero origin story with foreshadowing to come for the ongoing series.

This is far from a poor outing. Igle is a professional, and unlike some samples of web comics and other Kickstarter projects this looks as professional a product as you will see from any of the major publishers (including DC for whom Igle
Michele
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this and am hoping that there will be a book 2, 3, 4 and so on.

Molly is an original: a lonely 10 year old blessed with invulnerability and brains, but cursed to not only not grow up physically, but to not mature emotionally--she has been 10 years old for twenty or more years--also the same amount of time she has been protecting the people of Coopersville from the deadly intentions of the evil Supermechs.

The story is basic:

She is a government weapon and therefore not allowed to ha
Valerie
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, comics
I think this book holds the record for longest time between kickstarter and project in hand of any I have ever backed. Still, it made good on its promise and is a great all ages piece.

Molly Danger starts out as a kid superhero homage, but it quickly develops into something more. Molly's backstory and the realities of the setting are revealed slowly, and it quickly becomes obvious that there is more to the tale than Powerpuff Girls. The language is challenging for kids, but in a way that hopeful
Jdetrick
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A beautiful comic that feels retro (in that it's go interesting people who aren't completely dark and gritty) yet very modern at the same time, it's a great introduction to the world of Molly Danger. There's some really neat ideas here and although I wish the book had provided more of a complete story (it unfortunately kind of ends without a clear resolution....it feels more like the first part of an epic series and less like a complete adventure in and of itself) I am interested in what happens ...more
Paul
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful introduction to the lead character and the world she inhabits. There is plenty of plot to carry this concept for a couple of decades.

I found it's size (the size of European comic albums ala Tin Tin) to help set it apart from the standard fare and made it feel more spectacular.

It is s fun read for all ages, however I think persons 12 years of age and under should find this an engrossing read.
Dolores
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a superhero comic that has all-age appeal. Molly may look young, but she's actually in her 30's. She's an extra-stong, extra-powerful, extraterrestrial who must be carefully monitored so, even if she looks like a little girl, and acts like a little girl, she's treated like a dangerous weapon. Appealing characters and a story that sucks you right in. Great start!
Fraser Sherman
Jul 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
An interesting and fun Supergirl riff. Ten-year-old Molly is an ET turned super-hero, but watched warily by the government for fear she'll go off the rails ("She's not a person, she's a weapon."). Nicely done.
Jonathan H.
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I backed this one on Kickstarter because I liked the artwork and the idea of a girl superhero—though her actual nature is a little different. Fun book, but it was over so soon! I hope there's more to come.
Emmaj
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, graphic-novels
Very fun. Good set up.. Gives you just enough info to want to read the next episode to find out more.
Amy Wainwright
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was really good. Molly is an interesting superhero with a great supporting group of characters. I can't wait to read more!
Jessica
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
The pacing was a little inconsistent, but the art and world building more than made up for it. Definitely a fun book.
Michelle Lloyd

• Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime
  • The Black Mage
  • Quince
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • The Abominable Snowman (Choose Your Own Adventure, #13)
  • White Butterfly (Easy Rawlins #3)
  • The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • X-Men: Mutant Genesis
  • Binti (Binti, #1)
  • Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • Princeless, Vol. 1: Save Yourself
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
  • Supernova (Amulet, #8)
  • Princeless Short Stories Volume 1
Starting at the tender age of 17, Jamal Yaseem Igle has worked his way up the ranks from Intern at D.C. Comics to a successful penciling career. Over the years Jamal has been editor, art director and animation storyboard artist for numerous companies such as Sony Animation and Scholastic inc. He is currently an Exclusive Artist for DC Comics.

Jamal is the Co- creator of the comic book series VENTUR

News & Interviews