Start by marking “Gull Harbor” as Want to Read:
Gull Harbor

Gull Harbor

When Claire Linden’s job sends her to the sleepy town of Gull Harbor, she never expects to encounter her ex-boyfriend. As a medium, the prospect of tackling a haunted house is less daunting than seeing Max Baron again. Throughout their passionate college relationship, he promised to love her forever. Then, without explanation, he abandoned her on graduation day.

Max never i
Published June 9th 2013 by The Wild Rose Press (first published February 22nd 2013)

Saturday in Serendipity by Margo HoornstraParadise by Judith McNaughtGull Harbor by Kathryn  KnightPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenSilver Lake by Kathryn  Knight
Reunion Romance
82 books — 113 voters
The Shining by Stephen KingThe Haunting of Hill House by Shirley JacksonA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensGhost Story by Peter StraubHeart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Ghost Stories
1,116 books — 1,734 voters

More lists with this book...

Dianne
My rating: 4.5 Stars!

For Claire, winning a ghost’s trust and helping it move on is part of her gift, having to face the man who shattered her heart is her curse. Now she must unravel the mystery behind the haunting and the knots of betrayal that haunt her very soul.

Max never expected to see the only woman he ever loved again, but now he must face the resentment of a sadder version of Claire all while his heart continues to rage for all he was forced to give up. When her life is endangered, he wi
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Gull Harbor is a mystery featuring a young woman who can communicate with ghosts. It is also a story of second chances, rekindled love, forgiveness and finding home where you least expect. I liked it.

The mystery is not that hidden, but the fact doesn't make this story worse. If anything, as soon as Claire finds out more important things about the ghost, the story gives you a new direction to follow - a bit less mysterious, but still important. One of the things I liked is the reason she couldn't
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Story: 4
Narration: 4
Overall: 4
This story is listed as Paranormal Romance and it certainly fits that category but I would also say that it could be listed as a thriller and it is a strong contender in all three of those categories!

The romance falls under the category of second chance romance and our main protagonists have an interesting history which we learn more about throughout the book.

Claire Linden is a Medium and is in Gull Harbour as she has been hired to investigate disturbing happenings
Mei
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Mah... This could have been such a nice book, but it was not.

The premise of the story is Claire's ability to speak with ghosts, which should be something other people do not take as a normal thing, like speaking to the girl next door. But it is exactly like that here! Both Max and Dan accept it as a perfectly normal thing!

The villain of the story accepts that too! O_O
We should have been terrified of him, because he's a killer, but I acutally perceived him like an idiot.

Add to that a New Adult vi
Jamie Templin
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It is difficult to come up with the right words to describe Ms. Knight’s sophomore novel, but the best I can supply is just “Wow!”. With, Gull Harbor, she both increased the Romance and the Paranormal. The book was a page turner through and through. The plot developed quickly and stayed on pace throughout. What I really enjoyed was that she tied up every loose end by the conclusion. (Including a few that I had forgotten about.)

As in Silver Lake, Ms. Knight fully developed her characters. You got
Maggie
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a small seaside town, ghost whisperer Claire Linden runs into Max Baron, the man who dumped her with an “I’m sorry” note. She’s in Gull Harbor to help the uneasy spirit in a Cape-style house.

Tavern owner Max is keen to pick up their relationship where they left off, but Claire’s determined to do her job, only the ghost speaks no English.

Claire’s chasing the ghost. Max’s chasing her. Something’s gotta give.

A fun read with plenty of twists and turns.
Charlene
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just to clarify- I just picked up this book 2 days ago. I know it has been on my reading list for a while. Sorry. I'm way behind on all my book reviews and reading! So here goes.

Wow! Loved this psychic mystery. This is the 2nd book by this author and the whole book was incredable. I could not put the book down. Loved the main characters.

The book starts out with Claire who has been hired to rid a cape vacation house of it's resident ghost. The owners couldn't live there because of the destructive
Kim Hornsby
Gull Harbor is a fast-paced, supernatural thriller with a hot and heavy romance.
The hero is a young woman who's shunned the lawyer career her father planned for her, to be a medium, helping spirits cross over. When she takes on a house on Cape Cod for the summer to solve the mystery of an angry ghost, she realizes that helping this victim, brings danger to threaten her own life.
Add a second chance love story with the handsome tavern owner who left her five years earlier without an explanation an
Auria Jourdain
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
*NOTE: I do not give out spoilers!

Simply captivating! I loved Claire and Max from the beginning!

Gull Harbor was the first paranormal romance that I’ve read; I wasn’t sure I would like the genre – personally, I don’t believe in psychics and such, not even sure I believe in ghosts; however, after reading Kathryn’s book, I found a new love, and I went looking for more books like this one!

Claire Linden is a psychic with a new job on Cape Cod: she's been hired to find out why ghosts are causing ha
Charlotte Lynn
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read
Claire Linden is a medium. Her job brings her to the small town of Gull Harbor to rid a home of an aggressive ghost. When she heads to the local diner she never dreams her ex would be there.

Max has put down roots in this town. Claire has a lot of resentment and anger towards Max due to him promising to love her forever and then graduating college and leaving her with no explanation. Of course their feelings are still there and need to be dealt with before either can be happy.

All three main chara
My Book Addiction and More MBA
GULL HARBOR is an entertaining romance built around a compelling paranormal suspense. Claire’s trouble childhood, in no small part due to her ability to communicate with ghosts, was contrasted with the real love and acceptance she got from Max in college. She’s never understood his leaving and really doesn’t understand his anger at her now. Claire works to win the ghost, Maria’s, trust but can she and Max find their trust of one another too? Claire finally realizes that the ghost speaks a differ ...more
Rachel
I enjoyed this from the first page. The storyline was different from others I've read and this intrigued me. I was so involved in the story that I really hated "putting it down" to do other ordinary things (like sleeping, for one). I not only wanted to see how the mystery of Maria was solved, but I wanted to see how things turned out for Claire and Max. I'm glad to say that Ms. Knight did a great job of wrapping up all the loose ends. Ms. Knight did a great job of tying up all of the loose ends. ...more
Christine Black
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a crush on Max Baron after reading this story. (Yum) I read this page-turner in two nights. I just had to know all about Max and his past relationship with Claire. The paranormal aspect of the book added an interesting twist to the unfolding events; the haunted house and the external dangers created suspense and drama. All in all a super read and one I'd recommend to romance and paranormal lovers everywhere. :)
Silver Lake is on my TBR list.
Angela Dillard
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, Max and Claire! My heart was literally racing near the end. The characters were well developed early on and the paranormal/romance storyline WAS perfect for the Halloween season. I will definitely purchase more by Kathryn Knight. Actually, I'm hoping for more about Gull Harbor....possibly a romance for good ole' Dan? =D
Kayla Hemmerle
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I wouldn't call this book cheesy but it's just a nice, easy read. I couldn't put it down, but it wasn't the kind of book that warranted a ton of deep thoughts. It has to be one of the recent books that I really enjoyed and even after I was finished, I found myself thinking of how much I enjoyed the story and characters.
Shelly
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
The cover drew me into this freebie from Amazon. (don't know if it's still free) I was very pleasantly surprised. I had a few minor issues with some pacing at the end, but I really enjoyed the overall story. I got a little romance, a little mystery, with some paranormal flavoring. Good read!
Jen_C
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different but good. This medium had a hostile ghost that did weird things until she discovers the reason and then things change. Laughed the first time the ghost beaned our h in the head with a rock. Wasn't expecting that! Handsome bar owner/singer who is protective of our sweet h who was his collage love. Small town charm. Overall an enjoyable read.
C.L.
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book with mystery and spice. Characters were well done. Claire had to work hard to communicate with the "ghost." The community was awesome though. Made me want to move to Gull Harbor.
Angie Carpenter
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, signed
What a great book! It had the perfect balance of paranormal, mystery and romance all in one! It got right to the point and didn't ramble on with unnecessary descriptions or chapters. I'm very excited to read more from Kathryn Knight!! p.s. I won this book in a Goodreads First Read Giveaway!
Robena Grant
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book because the author allowed the reader time to breathe. Time to learn who the characters were and why their story was important. I loved the ghost. The paranormal and mystery elements were well thought out. A very satisfying read.
Tracy Clayton
Just read this. Good book, quick read, love ghost stories.
Christina Boronkas
I really loved this book, I couldnt put it down I had to stay up late to finish it. The writing was great everything kept me on the edge of my seat, a definite read for anyone.
Emily
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Mystery, ghosts, and romance. A pretty great combination.
India Caedmon
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gaawd this electric current in my body is unbearable! Kathryn Knight has this way of manifesting spider-chills up my arms! I can't help but let these emotions engulf me.

In Haunted Souls, I became the mother who doesn't know how to tell an old lover we have a son together. In Silver Lake, I was that young woman stalked by the ghost of a missing friend. Here, I am a woman filled with doubt who is trying to rid my temporary home of a spirit all while being thrust upon my ex who dumped me in college
Notes From 'Round the Bend
I would have loved this book if Claire had been less of a clueless wimp and if the paranormal aspects had taken less of a backseat to her tired ‘romance’ with Max. There was SO much potential for Ms. Knight to have hit it out of the park with this one, but she just seemed to get caught up in overused tropes, slow pacing, and a lackluster second-chance romance. This was one I struggled to finish.

I found myself wanting to scream at Claire more than once. YOU ARE A MEDIUM, HIRED TO DEAL WITH A REST
Mary Lou Hoffman
GULL HARBOR is a stand-alone contemporary romance with suspense and paranormal elements.

I was actually kind of sad when I got to the end of this story. Not because it doesn’t have a HEA. It does. The story is more than wonderful. I just didn’t want to leave this world, this town, and these people.

So let me tell you about my friends. Besides what you learned in the blurb, you have to know that Claire and Max have never stopped loving each other. They both just kept moving on, thinking that’s what
Kameron
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

I’ve never encountered a ghost, never entered a haunted establishment, so I can’t fully grasp the prospect ghosts are real. However, Kathryn really did have me wondering what if.

Stories of the unexplained are popular because we want to believe death isn’t always the end. After reading Gull Harbor, do I have any desire to venture to the nearest spooky destination and see if there’s any truth behind any of those local whispers about g
Lilly Charysma
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, have you checked that cover? It is the best choice for a story involving ghosts! I love it and I loved Gull Harbor. First impression, after the first few chapters: “Yes, I like it.” Next impression, after a bit more of the action: “What just happened??? I must finish this!!!” So I started liking it even better!

“Gull Harbor” is full of action and twists, with great characters that have a good background story. I loved how the author combined an angry spirit with lost love and how the couple’s
Teresa
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gull Harbor by Kathryn Knight I love a good Ghost Story. This one is more of a romance then a ghost story but it is still good. The story mostly focuses on the 2nd chance romance of Claire Linden and Max Baron, the 2 main characters in the book. There is a ghost and a mystery also involved. The book doesn't have much strong language but there are several sex scenes.

Kristin James is the narrator of the audiobook. She does a good job with her voices and keeps the story moving. She did keep my at
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would describe this as a romance first and a ghost story second. I would prefer it to be the other way around, but I still thought this was a good entertaining read.
Also the ghost parts were a little too normalized for my tastes. It made it seem like a haunted house was an every day occurrence, no big deal, so we have a ghost happens all the time. It wasn't very suspenseful or spooky. But if you like romance/love stories with a touch of paranormal then this is a great book for you to read. It
  • Gone
  • Eleusis
  • Window (The Talisman Chronicles, #1)
  • I'll See You In Your Dreams
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • The Grave Artist
  • Death Has a Name (Brodie Wade, #1)
  • Eyes Ever to the Sky
  • Date with the Dead (Ripsters, #1)
  • The Devil Is a Gentleman (Niki Slobodian, #2)
  • Old Souls
  • A Gift of Thought (Tassamara, #2)
  • Ninth Crossing: Discovery
  • Another Dawn
  • The Ghost of Squire House
  • Crystal & Bone (October Girls, #1)
  • A Strange Fire (Florence Vaine, #1)
  • Beloved
USA Today Bestselling Author Kathryn Knight writes books filled with steamy romance, dangerous secrets, and haunting mysteries. Her novels are award-winning #1 Amazon and B&N Bestsellers and RomCon Reader-Rated picks. When she’s not reading or writing, Kathryn spends her time exploring abandoned buildings and searching for ghosts. Many of her stories are set on beautiful Cape Cod, where she li ...more
“He usually gets what he wants. And what he wants is to keep you safe. He really cares about you, you know.”

Her chest constricted with a strange combination of pleasure and pain. She tried to cover her emotions with a playful shrug. “Well, of course he does—I mean, what’s not to like? I make incredibly bad, impulsive decisions. Plus, I’m lame, scarred, and crazy—the whole package.”
2 likes