Start by marking “Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2)

Gerard's Beauty

(Kingdom #2)

A not so classic retelling of Beauty and the Beast, as seen through the eyes of the villain...

Betty Hart has had it with men. Jilted in love, her life now consists of shelving books by day, watching too much Anime by night, and occasionally dressing up like a superhero on the weekends with her fellow ‘Bleeding Heart’ nerds. Men are not welcome and very much unwanted. Espec
Published October 28th 2012 by Smashwords (first published July 28th 2012)

Start your review of Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2)
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
SHORT AND STEAMY BUT LACKING IN DEPTH

The title pretty much says it all 😅

👍 WHAT I LIKED 👍

Sweet and hot: Betty and Gerard were sweet together - especially when Betty's nephew with down syndrome was thrown into the mix. And they definitely had chemistry in spades.

👎 WHAT I DISLIKED 👎

Depth: While this book had lots of steam it didn't have much of anything else. So if you're only looking for distraction to last you a couple of hours, this should be your go-to book.

Follow me for more book loving conten
LilyElement
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I have an unhealthy obsession with Disney anything, when I heard about Marie Hall's Kingdom series I was so excited and instantly got book one because it is a freebie, long story short I loved it and needed to read more of the series. I didn't think it was possible, but Gerard's Beauty made me fall in love with the series even more.

Gerard Caron is a womanizer, and doesn't want to find love. He is forced out of Kingdom (picture angry villagers with pitchforks and torches) and told he has to find
Mya
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story. I would have loved have read an epilogue. I felt that it would have rounded the story out well.
Lindz.
I honestly didn't think a re-telling of Beauty and the Beast could be this awesome! I have read quite a few and one was alright, and most fall below the mark. You are walking on a slippery slop where the original tale, as well as the Disney version, are so embedded in our brains we have a hard time accepting any re-tellings.

That was until Marie Hall decided to take on the proverbial baddies of the fairy tale verse.

Gerard, from what I gather, is the living embodiment of Gaston from the animated
Danielle Book Boss
I did not like this book. It took forever for me to read it even though it's fairly short. I was not interested in the h and Gerard barely surfaced on my radar.

The good:
This book gets two stars because I like the concept of Neverland and the different characters that inhabit it. That's a really refreshing take on fairytales. Otherwise this book would have gotten one star.

The bad (character-wise):
Betty - Betty was a complete and utter dork. And not like shy librarian by day/Dominatrix by night k
Jayn Wilde
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin?

First, being someone who has always adored fairy tales and the notion of 'true love' and happily ever after' I was hesitant, at first, to see my childhood 'heroes' cast as villians (Belle). But, it was only a few pages later that I found myself whisked away in to this different fairy tale.

Second, I began to love the way this 'bad boy' was thrust in to our world. Yes, his ego and overly confident sexual demeanor made me want to wring his neck, but then I could so much better side w
Paula
The second book in Marie Hall's Kingdom Collection "Gerard's Beauty" is a new romantic and sizzling hot take on "Beauty and the Beast". And just like the first book, this one is going to charm your socks off.

Gerard, a prince that had a thing for Belle before she decided to be with the Beast, has to flee to the Earth realm after getting a bit too intimate with a princess. On Earth, due to some unforeseen circumstances he has to spend a month with Betty, a manga and comic loving librarian.
The mo
Theresa
3.5 Stars... This was an interesting retelling of the beloved "Beauty and the Beast" tale... Belle is villainized and the known character of Gaston, in this retelling Gerard, is the wronged party... After Gerard's jilting from Belle, he essentially becomes resentful of love and finds himself simply moving from one woman to the next with no connection other than sexual attraction... His wayward ways catch up to him when he is accused of relations with a princess leading to his banishment from Kin ...more
Ms. Cyn
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Gerard is an interesting character. Supposedly from Beauty and the Beast, but was cut out of the story . He is definitely a womanizer but he has some honor left in him. After being accused of forcing Cinderella's daughter he is sent to Earth. Betty and Trisha find him sitting outside their library of all places. I enjoyed how much more there was to Betty than what Gerard saw and how he eventually realized it too. There was more to Gerard than what he wanted others to see and he is weeter t
Kayla
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This story is a beauty and the beast retelling but very different.
We have this main guy who is a bit of a flirt with everyone and he gets in a lot of trouble and it's up to his fairy godmother to send him on the right track.

She sends him to Betty, a bookshop owner. Who his is true love yet she hates him.
He can't help feel attracted to him and that's where the story goes.

CHARACTERS-
I didn't really like the characters, they were just MEH for me.
I didnt have a strong hold on them which I do with ot
Mimi
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Since I read the first part of this series (Her Mad Hatter), and utterly adored it, I could hardly wait to read the second story.
Whilst not as gut-wrenchingly romantic as the first part (or maybe I just liked Hatter a bit more than Gerard), it was still beautiful. I sooooo love this series!.
Some minor problems with this instalment however. There were a couple of mistakes in the French (mon instead of ma etc), the author didn't know the difference between anime and manga (which is on of my major
Imy♥♥
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo 17413118.jpg

Gerard's Beauty wasn't as spectacular as the first novel in the Kingdom series. Playing an all too familiar tune to Her Mad Hatter, which is probably a big reason for it being a tad frustrating, though it was still an enjoyable read.

We meet Betty, the young woman who currently has a hatred for men all over, after being scorned by her ex lover. By day she's a librarian and by night she can be found watching way too much anime.

photo Megan20Fox.jpg

Gerard cant seem to keep himself or his man parts out of trouble. He th
Amanda
Reviewed for: Where the NightKind Roam

Gerard’s Beauty by Marie Hall is the second book in the Kingdom Series featuring the Bad Five the villains in some of the most popular fairy tales, but they are more than tales, they are real! I suspected I knew which fairy tale Gerard is from but we don't find out for sure until a little ways into this book. I didn't feel like this book had quite the same emotional connection as the first book. It was still entertaining but it missed a bit of that. Gerard i
Teresa
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo! What a creative story! It proved to be a delightful read. I laughed--the author did a wonderful job of bringing out the humor in the fictional situation. There was nothing deep about this one--just a short read that was fun, fun, fun. A guilty pleasure :-)

What a great idea for a book series. Fairy-tales for grownup girls, because most of us have figured out that prince charming isn't the most interesting guy in the Kingdom.

Note* Definitely a book aimed at adults. Some sex, some language.
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
Again the second book blew me away it needs to be longer!!!!!!! Ha Ha

So It seems to be a beauty and beast retelling from Gaston or Gerard's POV either way i was enjoying reading about the hunky Frenchman.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

So its Gerard's turn to find his one true love, Betty. A Latin fire-pistol that takes no prisoners but who is kind and compassionate, after evil fairy Godmother Zaps his crown jewels he has to win over Betty with his other traits.

Sensual Couple

Funny the chemistry between two is fab and i love the fair
crashqueen73
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Did not expect to like this one nearly as much as I did. I was totally in the mood for this and it was just what I needed.

Would I like it this much if I re- read it or had read a heap like this maybe not but right now this book was great.
Deserthomemaker
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Fun, light, easy. A little underdeveloped, but okay.
Dragana
Gerard’s Beauty had a very important task – to convince me to continue reading Kingdom series by Marie Hall. Her Mad Hatter, first book in the series, spiked my interest with an interesting world that was mix of popular fairy tales and it had hilarious fairy godmother Danika as one of narrators. The problem was that the romance and couple in Her Mad Hatter left me cold.

I am happy to say that I liked Gerard’s Beauty. The romance… oh boy, it was hot! You could hear the chemistry sizzle between cha
Adria's Musings
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally posted in Adria's Romance Reviews.

Wow, now this was a really interesting and entertaining spin on Beauty and the Beast. Usually a romance based on the popular fairytale takes on the title's main characters, but Marie Hall took the opposite approach. What if the "villain" of the story was really the one wronged? What if the true story was covered up in an act of vengeance and Belle wasn't the nice girl she appeared to be?

Gerard Garcon was in love once but she turned out to be a cold, c
Sharon Tyler
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gerard's Beauty is the second novella, or short novel, in the Kingdom series by Marie Hall. This installment offers readers a fresh look at the story of Beauty and the Beast from the villain's perspective. Betty Hart is a librarian who has been jilted and is being harassed by her ex's new girlfriend. She spends her time with her nephew, watching too much Anime by night, and occasionally dressing up like a superhero on the weekends with her fellow ‘Bleeding Heart’ nerds, and men are no longer wel ...more
Julie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
So this was still probably not the best place to go in my quest to discover WHAT ARE GOOD ROMANCE BOOKS ACTUALLY LIKE -- this was a silly trashy fun novella -- but the concept of Fairytale Villains In Love was just too great for me to resist.

I did genuinely like the dynamic between the heroine & 'hero', because they make the effort to develop a real emotional connection rather than just insta-romance. And the premise -- a fairy godmother to the villains, graduate of Fairytale Inc., is trying her
Miku
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
"Bad Boys need LOVE too. . ."

This is a very cute retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

I pretty much enjoyed reading this story while unlike the 1st book where Alice was sent to Wonderland here Gerard was sent to Earth. I like reading the hero's Pov a lot and was swooning over him. Both the main couple had been burned by love and was both reluctant to fall in love and giving their hearts, afraid to get hurt.

I was surprised how fast paced this book felt for me and had devoured the entire book in an
Gaele
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the 3rd in the Kingdom Series novellas that I have read by this author (although the second in the series) and it did not disappoint. With her clever twisting of the traditional faerie tale, incorporating pop culture references, humor and a last chance effort for the faerie godmother to the “bad boys of the tales” to match her boys with their soulmates, the chase is now on for Gerard.

In a twisting of the Beauty and the Beast, Gerard is the ultimate bad boy beast, with enough cracks in
Shelby
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I remember only half liking this book the first time I read it. But now re-reading it so that I could put my review up I was surprised to find my opinion changing. I liked it a whole lot more now. While I love Betty and her nerdiness (probably because I have some nerd-like tendencies myself, though quite on her level) the first time around I really didn't like Gerard that much.Too much of the egotistical, chauvinistic male. This time around though I definitely enjoyed more the sweetness with whi ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gerard Caron has been betrayed by Belle's love and now only wants fast and easy hook ups. Gerard is caught with his pants down Prince Charming is clamoring for Gerard's head. Danika the Fairy Godmother must come up with a way to keep Gerard safe and out of harm's way. Her solution is for Gerard to go to Earth thus meeting his true soul mate Betty Hart. Betty Hart is a librarian that has been burned by love and now her ex boyfriend's crazy girlfriend won't let her alone no matter how many times s ...more
Nickcole
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stars: 5

Overall: A Casanova that can't use his best feature, what is a man to do? And why you ask can't he use his best feature; Go ask Cinderella and Prince Charming's daughter. I was squealing like a little girl at the part because it was so funny. This is definitely not your average beauty and the beast kind of fairy tale. I loved Betty from the beginning because she was witty, smart and she seemed to be understated sexy. It was a nice change to see a man have to use his upper head, instead o
Debbie
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gerard’s Beauty ( Kingdom Series #2 ) by Marie Hall
I absolutely LOVE Marie Hall’s work. I became a huge fan of her writing after starting the Kingdom Series. Her books are fun, light hearted, witty and very sexy. They will keep you turning the pages until the end. ‘Gerard’s Beauty’ is the poignant story of Gerard and his “Beauty” (from Beauty and the Beast). It is a modern retelling of the classic fairy tale but with a dark and compelling twist. It is an imaginative read that is engaging, humoro
Paige
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series. I cannot put these books down. Oh how I love these bad boys & that they get their happy endings. I love that Gerard was the reformed man-whore. When I think of the "Beauty & the Beast" cartoon, I can remember all of the women falling all over him & that he loved it. My heart ached for him over the fact that he was illiterate and he was embarrassed for Betty to find out. I just wanted to hold him. I am in love with all of the imagination that are put into these stor ...more
M.B.
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Another adult twist, this time Beauty and the Beast. It took me a bit longer to settle into, and begin enjoying this story, but once I did, I was able to enjoy it, just as much as Her Mad Hatter.

Once again, Gerard (the Beast), has to find his mate, but she doesn’t live in Wonderland, she lives on Earth, and he’s been expelled from Wonderland and has to stay with his mate, Betty, who has sworn off all men.

More of a slow burn than the previous story, it’s yet another great take on on a tale most r
Blodeuedd Finland
First I must say that Gerard deserved a kick in the nuts. What a chauvinistic ass-hole! The first time he meet Betty he pretty much assaults her because obviously every woman in the world wants to do him. As if asshole.

But yes obviously he learns that he is not that awesome, though he had a hard time letting go of it. Especially after a certain incident.

Backing up....Gerard is from Beauty and the Beast. He was totally in love with her, she was a bitch. Yes the story got it wrong. But now he gets
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Sea Queen (The Dark Queens, #1)
  • The Passionate Queen (The Dark Queens, #2)
  • The Magic Queen (The Dark Queens, #4)
  • The Mad King (The Dark Kings #1)
  • The Jaded King (The Dark Kings #2)
  • The Ice Queen (The Dark Queens, #3)
  • The Dark Queen (The Dark Queens, #5)
  • The Fairy Queen (The Dark Queens, #6)
  • Late as a Rabbit (Sons of Wonderland #2)
  • Feral as a Cat (Sons of Wonderland #3)
  • The Pirate King (The Dark Kings Book 8)
  • The Bewitching Queen (The Dark Queens Book 8)
  • Mad as a Hatter (Sons of Wonderland #1)
  • The Centaur Queen (The Dark Queens, #7)
  • The Magic King (The Dark Kings #3)
  • The Fire Queen (The Dark Queens Book 10)
  • The Death King (The Dark Kings Book 5)
  • The Stone Queen (The Dark Queens Book 9)
Marie Hall is a USA Today Bestselling author and has always held a dangerous fascination for creatures that go bump in the night. And mermaids. And of course fairies. Trolls. Unicorns. Shapeshifters. Vampires. Scottish brogues. Kilts. Beefy arms. Ummm... Bad boys! Especially the sexy ones.

Then the day came she realized apart from the sexy bad boy she married, there'd be no vampires/shapeshifters/

Kingdom (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1)
  • Red and Her Wolf (Kingdom, #3)
  • Jinni's Wish (Kingdom, #4)
  • Hook's Pan (Kingdom, #5)
  • Moon's Flower (Kingdom, #6)
  • Huntsman's Prey (Kingdom, #7)
  • Rumpel's Prize (Kingdom, #8)
  • Hood's Obsession (Kingdom, #9)
  • Her One Wish (Kingdom, #10)
  • A Pirate's Dream (Kingdom #11)

News & Interviews