Start by marking “Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1)

Her Mad Hatter

(Kingdom #1)

Note: Alternate/new cover edition for ASIN# B008IL48BK

Alice is all grown up. Running the Mad Hatter's Cupcakery and Tea Shoppe is a delicious job, until fate--and a fairy godmother with a weakness for bad boys--throws her a curveball. Now, Alice is the newest resident of Wonderland, where the Mad Hatter fuels her fantasies and thrills her body with his dark touch.

The Mad H
Published July 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Her Mad Hatter, please sign up.

M3tamorphasis11
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
☆☆☆☆☆&♡♡♡♡♡
There was him, there was her, there was wonderland. Wonderland an extension of him, he was her dreams, her savior, he ruined her for all others-SHE NEEDED HIM. She was his balm, what calms him, she keeps him togther, whole, she can resuscitate Wonderland-HE NEEDED HER. WONDERLAND NEEDED THEM!!
>>The Mad Hatter/Her Mad Hatter<<
mad hatter photo: mad hatter mad_hatter.jpg

mad hatter photo: Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter.jpg

mad hatter photo: mad hatter __Mad_Hatter.jpg

mad hatter photo: hatter mad_hatter.jpg

mad hatter photo: Duke Hatter The_Mad_Hatter_by_fayrenpickpocket.jpg

mad hatter photo: Mad Hatter __Wonderland___Mad_Hatter_by_hoshisuzu.jpg

mad hatter photo: Mad hatter Raven.jpg

>>Alice/His Alice<<

mad hatter photo: Mad Hatter Alyce_Rona.png

mad hatter photo: female-mad-hatter female-mad-hatter.jpg

mad hatter photo: (woman) joker mad hatter Mad_Hatter_by_NoFlutter.jpg

alice in wonderland photo: victorian angel WEREALLMADHERE.gif

"Alice?" he croaked, eyes glistening with a powerful emotion that tugged at her heart, gave her feet
Anna Marie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I have to admit, the idea was good. A faerie godmother to the 'bad guys' of our bedtime stories finds herself in need of finding girls for Hook, Big-bad-Wolf, and the Mad Hatter. It sounded like a fun premise - this book being the Mad Hatter's love story. I liked the idea of an insane hero... never read about one of THOSE before in a romance!

And when I got to reading it, I found that it was very clever, making Wonderland actually be the twisted creation of Hatter's deteriorating mind, adapting t
Blacky *Romance Addict*

2,5 stars

The beginning was great! So much potential, very funny too, introducing the bad boys of the Kingdom who'll get their own books later on :)

What didn't work for me?
Too sweet. Yes, I love sweet books but this was too much, especially in the last 20-30%. I was expecting some crazy bad boy hottie, but I just got a crazy mushy dude.

Oh well. I'll continue with the series because I LOVE fairy tale stories, and I hope it won't be as mushy as this one.

☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
I love retellings, and when I noticed this one's based on Alice in Wonderland, I got super excited. This was a short story about Alice and The Hatter. I liked parts of it but it also had so many faults in it. The characters got annoying and Hatter wasn't really mad enough for my liking, he should have been way more complex. Also minus points from the steamy scenes. They could have been a lot better... and also longer. So I like I said, I liked parts of it but this could have been so much better. ...more
Imy♥♥

photo 434988.jpg

photo 32_MADHATTERlow.jpg

Alice is all grown up, running the Mad Hatter's cupcakery. On one night she gets a visit from a fairy godmother, with a weakness for bad boys.
Now, Alice's world is literally turned upside down, and she is plunged head first into wonderland and into the life of the Mad Hatter.

photo VampireandMadHatterTogether.jpg

He's completely mad, and stuck in time. She's not the first Alice to meet the beautiful creature but is she the one? Strong enough to break through his walls and free him from his mind? Only time will tell.

photo 11_everythinghasbeautybutnoteveryoneseesit.jpg

" I saw you."
"
Jennymort ♔ Dark Lordette
description

This is a cute little read about Hatter and Alice. It freaking moved me. IT MOVED ME.

description
This is My Mad Hatter. He was more dark and sensual.... and super fucking sexy like....
GIRL. CHILL.
description
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

I quite enjoyed the writing in this one and the description of Wonderland but the characters were one dimensional and didn't make me feel anything for them. Right near the end we get a small conflict and then pop all is well and its finished within the space of a few pages. What sort of fairytale ending is that?!
Joana
** 3.5 stars**

Sassy fairy godmother Danika,is tired of the goodie two shoes of the kingdom...

"She was a disgrace to all the fairy godmothers out there with her ridiculous bippity-boppity-booing. Not to mention her clientele. That simpering little doll -- a classic Mary Sue if ever there was one. Oh save me, Prince Charming, for I am pretty and cannot do a thing for myself. *Bat lashes, wiggle bottom, ad nauseum,*Blah!

...and well she "protects" the baddies, well more like the bad boys in the
Ina M.
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
All right, first of all I should say my rating is actually 2.5. I'm very conflicted about this one. See, I didn't hate it, I actually enjoyed reading it, and yet while it's more than good enough for a decent fan fiction story, it doesn't quite cut it as a proper novel. Unless we're talking Mills & Boon. It would make a decent one of them. The plot was adequate, but the writing was occasionally clumsy and rather clichéd. The funny thing is I had a small lump in my throat towards the end due t ...more
Marizabeth
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I am not usually one for romances, but read this because I was in an Alice kick & it was free on the Kindle. I liked the back story, the idea that Wonderland & the Mad Hatter had this relationship that was so tied up. I liked the idea that Alice is destined to be a part of the Wonderland universe in some way, other than being a passer-by. I do get uncomfortable with all attraction being almost entirely sexual (just because, while most people are physically attracted to their mate, there ...more
MrsJoseph
I obtained a free copy of the omnibus Kingdom Series Collection: Books 1-3 via Amazon on 24-Jun-2014. That means that all three books in the omnibus (Her Mad Hatter, Gerard's Beauty & Red and Her Wolf) are eligible for my 2016 The Mt TBR Struggle is Real challenge!!! Annnnd wait! There's more! These books also qualify for my 2016 Kindle Freebie Freakout challenge! SCORE!

Her Mad Hatter was...different. I don't read a lot of Alice in Wonderland works so I haven't had a chance to get burned out
Keeleigh
It was a free ebook, don't judge me!

Structurally the writing wasn't awful and for erotica the plot wasn't too vomit enduing.

Time to go on a rambling rant now.

The writer seemed to be trying so hard to make the Mad Hatter seem kooky that it felt incredibly forced. And what was with all the Poe quoting? I know there's the riddle in Alice in Wonderland that some people think is referring to Poe (Why is a Raven like a writing desk? Poe wrote on both), but that hardly warrants every other piece of d
Kristina
EDIT (that I will delete when I realize it's over): THIS BOOK IS FREE FOR YOUR KINDLE ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW!!!

I never gave a lot of thought to the Mad Hatter in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Then this moment happened in SyFy's Alice...

and I've never been quite the same.

After that Once Upon a Time gave us a Mad Hatter with a name, a purpose, and a rich background story that made you want to give him a great big hug.

These are the things that made me re
Jenn
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Her Mad Hatter is a modern retelling of Alice in Wonderland... Mad Hatter has a fairy godmother, who must find his Alice in order to stop Hatter from going completely insane and causing the end of Wonderland. Hatter isn't willing to cooperate because "that" Alice broke his heart and only wanted the power of Wonderland. That Alice has a great granddaughter who is also named Alice. Alice Hu is in her early twenties and is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland stories, so much so that her room is decor ...more
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I wasn't sure where this story was going to go but I have to say it was a well written fairytale fantasy. I really liked the way Wonderland was described and also how the bad boys from other story books have a godmother who is understanding of there was and see them as needing love like everyone one else.
Danika the fairy godmother is trying to find Hatter's correct Alice but she has to be under handed about how to get them together because of what happened with a past Alice. It does become a lo
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
This was a cute, sexy, magical story!! I can't wait to see what happens with the bad boys!! Very good read if you want craziness, magic, and some lovin!
Jeanny
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
I've owned this book for years (2013) & hadn't read it. Honestly I'm not usually overly impressed with fairytale retellings. (In general) I barely enjoyed the originals, the probability of my enjoying a retelling in slim at best. That's not to say it's impossible just improbable.

Unfortunately this book wasn't one I particularly enjoyed. The story itself was short @ a 100 odd pages it wasn't long enough to develop any character depth. It was full of angst & what felt to me like teenage h
Kami Dodson-Perry
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is the first book I have read by Marie Hall & I really liked it. It was a little crazy & strange but like Alice in Wonderland itself.

This is about a fairy godmother who needs to hook her bad boys up with their soul mate. This particular bad boy is The Mad Hatter. Alice Hu has been in love with The Mad Hatter and everything "Wonderland" since she was 13 so to meet The Mad Hatter is a dream come true. But is it a dream or reality?

Throughout this story you do question that & reall
Chris
I actually really like the idea behind this. Hall's characterization of the fairy godmother for the bad guys was really great. I'm just not a big romance book person. The whole "he's a jerk but he's hot" thing is a turn off for me. It's not Hall; it's me. But I will say, if you are romance fan and thinking of reading this - the idea is very creative and smart. Hall is funny.

I'm not rating this because while I couldn't finish it, it has to do with my dislike "he's a bastard but he's hot" idea. Tu
Mya
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Creative and Wonderful
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
The Hatter is truly going mad and only Alice can prevent it - only question is, is she the right Alice?

Actual rating: 2.5 ⭐

I picked this one up on a whim when researching titles for my Popsugar challenge, where I ahve to read a retelling of a classic. 'Alice in Wonderland' is one of my all time favourite books - not just favourite classics, no no, favourite books! So when I read the blurb for this one I was intrigued. Sadly, the book didn't quite live up to my expectations. Perhaps part of it
OMG i am in love with this book i just bought hook and genie story too as i don't think i'm going to be able to stop till i read whole series, i mean wow.......

so Alice meets the hatter but with a very unusual twist on the fairy tale, the reason Alice went to Wonderland was so the Hatter could find his soul mate, and it was never just the one Alice but lots, Marie Halls imagination as she creates a Wonderland we have not yet seen, she fills it with such a heart wrenching story i was crying at th
Jillyn
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adult Alice fans
Shelves: ebook
Alice Hu is something special- the great granddaughter of the original Alice in Wonderland. The new owner of a cupcakery in Hawaii, life as she knows it changes when a strange old woman enters her shoppe after hours. A fairy godmother who works for the fairy tale bad boys, this woman has searched for decades for the right Alice. If Hatter doesn't find a mate soon, he will go completely mad and Wonderland will go amok along with him. Alice is sucked into Wonderland and she's thrilled- she's been ...more
twelvejan [Alexandria]
3 I-ACTUALLY-ENJOYED-THIS stars!

description

Neither have I read nor watch Alice in Wonderland. But like all avid readers, you're bound to have at least some knowledge of it. Especially a classic like Alice in Wonderland.

The Kingdom series is an erotic retelling of the bad boys in the well-known fairy tales (how does Alice in Wonderland even fall under the fairy tale category?). Prince Charmings are just overrated. And in the words of Danika, the fairy godmother who worked for the bad boys of Kingdom,

Why a
Kate's Corner
I think everyone believes in fairy tales to a certain extent. But why should only the good guys get to fall in love? That is what Ms. Hall also thought. At the same time with this book I was fascinated and stumped. There were times I loved and times where I thought really inner monologue again? I will continue the series as I love the idea of even the bad guys in Wonderland finding love.3 Mad Hatter ★★★

Danika Fairy Godmother to the bad boys of Wonderland has been informed that she has 1 year to
The Drowsy Bookworm
3 stars

This was a fun little read. I enjoyed all the backstory and little bits and pieces of information we’re given about Danika, the fairy godmother and matchmaker, and her charges. This particular story of course is about Alice and the Mad Hatter. Danika has been on a mission to find Hatter’s perfect Alice. She’s tried for years, and came close with one in particular. Unfortunately that Alice wasn’t interested in Hatter. She was only interested in the power that comes with Wonderland.

Enter Al
Kim
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Loved the characters in the book. Loved the love story between the two characters. The Mad Hatter is one of my new Book crushes. Love him. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Stephanie Pearson
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Hello potential reader. I hope you read this because there is one thing you need to know. The first 80-90 pages are torturous. I almost didn't make it, but being the dedicated book reviewer that i am, i trudged through it. Trust me, it gets better.

Although i gave it 3 stars, this isn't going to be a good review. You've been warned.....

I didn't even make it to the actual book content before i started critiquing. I made it to the copyright page. Was it really necessary to include that (and yes i
jenny ☆
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I'M SO CONFUSED AS TO HOW TO RATE THIS BOOK. Was it the best thing I've ever read, was the writing good, did it re-invent literature as we know it? Not really. Was it wildly fun, kind of cheesy, and perfect for someone who loves an Alice/Hatter story as much as I do? YES. Went in expecting giggles and a good time, came out having had giggles and a good time. 3.5.
Michaela Aisling
This was... Something. That's it. That's my review.
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {50} Her Mad Hatter- OPEN (Our Avg 4.5) 82 157 Nov 06, 2012 04:50PM
  • Loving a Fairy Godmother (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1)
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • Forever  The Power of One (The Forever Series, Book 1  2): A Why Choose Fantasy Romance
  • Golden Stair (Blood Prince, #3)
  • Rebel Heart
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Wickedest Witch
  • Betrayal's Shadow (The Guardians of Eden, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • It Happened One Haunting (Karmic Consultants Book 2)
  • Inhale (Just Breathe, #1)
  • Beauty and the Wolf (The Cursed Princes, #1)
  • Reluctant (The MacKays #3)
  • As the Last Petal Falls (Once Upon A Romance, #2)
  • Amy "Red" Riding's Hood
Marie Hall is a USA Today Bestselling author and has always held a dangerous fascination for creatures that go bump in the night. And mermaids. And of course fairies. Trolls. Unicorns. Shapeshifters. Vampires. Scottish brogues. Kilts. Beefy arms. Ummm... Bad boys! Especially the sexy ones.

Then the day came she realized apart from the sexy bad boy she married, there'd be no vampires/shapeshifters/

Kingdom (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2)
  • Red and Her Wolf (Kingdom, #3)
  • Jinni's Wish (Kingdom, #4)
  • Hook's Pan (Kingdom, #5)
  • Moon's Flower (Kingdom, #6)
  • Huntsman's Prey (Kingdom, #7)
  • Rumpel's Prize (Kingdom, #8)
  • Hood's Obsession (Kingdom, #9)
  • Her One Wish (Kingdom, #10)
  • A Pirate's Dream (Kingdom Series, #11)
“Bad boys needed love too. Her boys weren't dangerous- just naughty. But naughty could be very, very fun.” 45 likes
“Everything has beauty," she said, "but not everyone sees it." Her stomach hurt, her eyes burned. "I saw you, Hatter." Her words whispered through the night. "I saw you." She walked away.” 29 likes