Start by marking “Ward of the Vampire (Ward of the Vampire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ward of the Vampire (Ward of the Vampire, #1)

Ward of the Vampire

(Ward of the Vampire #1)

It’s THE party of the season. Socialites, artists and A-list stars have been invited to Morgan Ward’s birthday bash, including Angelina’s boss, Delilah.

For months, Angelina has been looking at the preparations from afar, but never did she imagine that, come the day, Miss Delilah would put her in a gorgeous gown and bring her along as her ‘plus one.’

Wandering from crowded
Published February 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Ward of the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ward of the Vampire

Start your review of Ward of the Vampire (Ward of the Vampire, #1)
Snow
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

Dammit, for a short story this was really fuckin short...

BUT I was intrigued and I am interested to see it through...

Kallysten Kallysten
Mar 01, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
How this story came to be…

In early 2012, I was talking with a writer friend about our plans for the year and somehow the topic of ‘millionaire’ romances came up. At the time, I remember telling my friend that I had no interest in writing one of those. My muse must have noted that down and cackled at the thought of making me eat my words at some point…

Fast forward to October; because of some difficulties in my personal life I was struggling to finish Beyond The Edge, the sequel to both the On The
Sherry Fundin
Fabulous cover the Ward of the Vampire by Kallysten drew me into this vampire story with characters that captured me, making me want to know more as they took me to a wonderful place of magic and romance.

See more at fundinmental
angela
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

What an excellent start to the series. I was riveted, to this book. I felt like I was in it, my eyes never left the page, I had to wiggle to the bathroom, cuz I didn't want to stop reading it, till it was finished. Now on to book two, with an empty bladder lol.
Crystal Guidroz
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Kallysten and given my love for paranormal/paranormal romance I was excited to have gotten an advanced copy for review and to be introduced to a new author.
Ward of the Vampire is a short erotic paranormal romance written in the first person and puts us inside the head of Angelina. Angelina works for Miss Deliah as her personal assistant/do-it-all and yes she has pretty much done it all. Miss Deliah has a brother, the reclusive philanthropist Morgan Ward who
Linda
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Morgan Ward's birthday party bash was coming up soon and anyone and everyone longed to see that blue colored invitation in their mailbox! The most hottest and richest bachelor in the country if not the world told his sister that he didn't need help to plan the event and to not bring any presents!

Angelina did all of her bosses correspondence, prioritized it in order of importance so when she saw the blue invitation to her brother's party, she laid it on top. She was savvy to miss Deliah's vampire
Douglas Meeks
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are enough accolades on this novella to fill pages and I won't list many more for the story, it was exceptional for what it was AND it was an awesome marketing tool since it allows people the ability for little money (99 cents or less) can get a sense of the story before they get the novel (which I will).

Perhaps if more authors did this type of thing we might get better books LOL. Since I read hundreds a year I hate it when I sludge through a book to get to the "good parts" and the good
Sophia Lawrence
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once i started reading this i didnt put it down till i reached the end, it kept me hooked, right from the off it had a feel to that you knew there was something interesting that was gunna happen and boy was there, it was a very hot something that happened, i cant wait for there to be some more to this story and find out more about Morgan, there is diffidently more to him than his handsome face :-P this is a brilliant story and well worth the read and i recommend it to any one that likes there ...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Line “Except that, as far as I can recall, there weren’t vampires in the fairy tale, and the godmother didn’t offer Cinderella to the prince as a midnight snack.”

Angelina is the personal assistant to the sister of Morgan Ward. The man who throws parties people dream of going to and Angelina's boss has invited her to go with her. She even had a dress made custom for her! What amazing luck or is it?!?
When Angelina meets Morgan something strange happens.....

Great beginning! On to the next
Megan Riverina Romantics
Rating: 4.5
Hotness Rating: 3 out of 5

The Low Down
There's only three characters in this erotic shortie. There's Angelina, who's POV is how the story is written. There is Delilah or Lilah as her brother calls her. Delilah is Angelina's boss. The third person in this story is Morgan Ward, Delilah's brother.

At the emphatic urging of his mother and sister, Morgan ward has decided to throw himself a birthday party. It was to be THE PARTY of parties and everyone who was anyone was going to be there.
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews

I. Want. More. Really Ward of the Vampire was a wonderful novella that begins a tale and world that I cannot wait to get more of. We are left with a very cliffhanger ending that tells of more coming soon, and I cannot wait!

We are introduced to our main characters, Angelina and Morgan Ward-- Angelina’s being the POV the whole story is in. We get a very good glimpse of her life working for Miss Delilah, who turns out to be quite horrible in my opinion.

I am very intrigued by Morgan, we do not
Autumn
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy to give an honest review.

Overall it was a wonderful read! Though it was too short for me. But I had questions such as did Morgan have the ability to do something with time? It seemed as though he did but you were never told that in words. What about this replacement that Morgan speaks about? Also the ending was not what I was expecting. What happened or should I say what will happen? It is a real cliff hanger. I hope this is a series as I can see it being one. The
Jessie
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable, hot, quick read!

I don't normally read vampire/paranormal romance novels, but sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zone. I'm so glad I was able to read this book. I loved it!! It has a vampire sister (Delilah) & brother (Morgan Ward) & a human (Angelina). Angelina has been working as a Private Assistant for Delilah for almost 5 years now. Angelina has never met Morgan, only spoken to him on the phone when he calls to talk to his sister. On the eve of his 40th
Lynn Reynolds
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars

Angelina works for Miss Delilah. Miss Delilah has received an invitation from her brother, Morgan Ward. Before the party, Miss Delilah has a surprise for Angelina. The party is where all the action takes place. Kallysten has me wishing that I was in Angelina’s shoes. And then when Lina goes to the party her life changes.

If you like sexy vampire stories, Kallysten will not disappoint you. She packs a great paranormal love story in just a small amount of pages. If you have a short
Beckey
Tis the party of the century when some started receiving the blue envelopes back in August, celebrating Ward’s Birthday in December.

When Angelina’s boss, Delilah (Ward’s sister) asks her come to condo the night of the party, she unexpectedly invited to “tag” along as Delilah’s plus one. Delilah has some surprises up her preverbal shelve with some unique twist and turns.

I found the character, Angelina slightly annoying in the beginning of the book because she gave the mystery of the book away
BBMoreB ~
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Primitive, enthralling, alluring, and highly recommended.

As a huge admirer of paranormal romance I am always looking for new authors; hence my excitement when I received this book for review.

This is a quick, erotic paranormal romance written in the first person voice of the heroine, Angelina. The storyline isn’t completely unique but, the approach the author took compelled this reader toward the end. I’ve never been a fan of the cliffhanger but, in this case it gave the story an increased
Cassandra
I had the privilege to read Ward of the Vampire by Kallysten for an honest review. It is a short read only 44 pages, but I loved reading them. In this story Angelina works for Delilah as her personal assistant. There is a big party, and Delilah take Angelina with her. She meets Delilah’s brother Morgan who is the host and birthday boy. In only a few pages, you feel like you know that characters and that Angelina is talking to you about what has happened. I really hope there is more to come about ...more
Beach Love
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ward of the Vampire brings the readers a peek into the life of Angilina, Miss Delilah, and Morgan Ward. With many strange happenings, mysterious twist and turns, throw in a little fantasy with heat, mind controll and you have the beginning of a Exciting series! Kallysten will feed readers minds with this thrilling hot book and leave them wanting more. Thankfull this is book one with more to come.
Amber
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
It took me a little bit to get into it but then it turned interesting. Though it feels very unfinished, so I'm left feeling unsatisfied wanting to know what happens next. So hopefully a sequel with follow.

Added- So found out there is a sequel coming. I look forward to it because I would really like to know what happens. :)
Rhonda
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had me cracking up. I love the heroine’s sense of humor. She reminds me of myself. I think I would’ve reacted pretty much the same way. Kallysten drew me in where I was there, confused right along with Lina. I had forgotten all about the first scenario, too wrapped up in the next. Can’t wait to read more.
Jenny Newton
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I didn't think I was going to like this book at all. The first part was hard for me to read for some reason but I have this problem with allot of the books I read. Into the book I enjoyed it and it is a short read. I would like to read more in the future about the characters.
Sadie Forsythe
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
An interesting start to a series, with a first person narrative I didn't find too horrendously annoying. (I am not generally a first person POV fan.) Flawed however, as so many serials are, by just randomly ending without accomplishing anything notable.
Linda
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Angelina gets invited as her bosss +1 to the party of the season, but little does she know that her boss has ulterior motives.
Vampires and smut, a quick read with an ending that leaves you wanting a sequel.
3,5 Stars
Elsa Carrion
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
It's a quick read. Maybe a little to fast paced.
Hbeebti
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really great start to this mini series. I cant wait to see what happens next.
Maryjane
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Morgan and Angelina

Angelina was thrown into the world of Morgan Ward, by his sister and mother meddling in his love life. She had no idea her boss or brother were vampires. She went to his birthday party as his sister's guest not knowing she could ever leave without dying because she was put under compulsion by her boss. A great story and I had to read all the books..
Zeinab Dh
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read and review this book. I love reading about vampires and this was a new author for me but I loved reading the book. It is well written nice plot and characters but felt it was missing something still enjoyable

Andrea
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story

Excellent writing, if you like vampire stories, I recomend this one!
Compulsion, confusion but a beautifully developed love story based on trust and understanding. Well done
InkdGlimpses
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: haz
Choppy story line, badly written, absolutely nothing in this to make me want to read more of the series.
Maria Byrne
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I like what i read. Pity it was a short story but i will definitely get the next books as i want to see what happens between them
« previous 1 3 next »

• Perfect Chemistry (Kinky Chronicles, #1)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
  • Night with a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #1)
  • Caged (Savage Men, #1)
  • Riding Bearback (Bear Ranchers, #1)
  • Dark Embrace (Kyn, #1)
  • The Duke's Virgin (Filthy Rich Royals)
  • The Vampires Spell (Taken By The Night #1)
  • Claiming Mia (Dot Com Wolves 1)
  • Justice (Guardian, #2)
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Mating Season (Morgan Clan Bears, #1)
  • Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane, #1)
  • Alpha's Temptation (Bad Boy Alphas, #1)
  • Her Pretend Billionaire Boyfriend (Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • Real Men Howl (Real Men Shift, #1)
  • The Librarian's Vampire Assistant, Book 3
  • Savage Bite (Savage Shifters #1)
Kallysten is a writer of romance novels and short stories, most of them with paranormal elements.

Her first eBooks were published by Linden Bay Romance in 2005. The defunct Venus Press subsequently published a few of her short stories. Because so many of her stories are linked as series and part of the same universe, she decided it would make sense to have them all in the same place, which is why

Ward of the Vampire (6 books)
  • Ward of the Vampire - Complete Serial
  • My Reluctant Warden
  • Awkward Holidays (Ward of the Vampire Serial)
  • The Coward's Way Out