Start by marking “Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)

Prom Night in Purgatory

(Purgatory #2)

Where does before end and after begin?

By some miracle and against all odds, Johnny and Maggie are given a second chance. But Johnny is freed from Purgatory only to find himself in a totally different time and place, in a world full of strangers. 'Prom Night in Purgatory' is the sequel to the love story that is unlike any other, where time is shifting and everything can ch
380 pages
Published (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Prom Night in Purgatory, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jenny Jo Weir
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Bonnie Shores
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel, romance
It's not often that I feel a sequel surpasses the initial book in a series, but Amy Harmon has accomplished that here. I absolutely LOVED Purgatory #2.

The further development of the main characters, Maggie and Johnny, and their fated romance, along with the author's twist on time travel, made this a totally enjoyable read that I was sad to see end.

description

You see, this wasn't "on purpose" time travel. It
Holly
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm amazed at this new author. After reading her first book Running Barefoot, I wondered if reading her next books would be a let down. I'm thrilled to say, she just keeps getting better. Not only that, but this second book in the series is better than the first --and that's saying something. I LOVED Slow Dance in Purgatory. I have to admit, I was reluctant to start the Prom Night in Purgatory. Many books written in a series end up being a repeat of the first with unoriginal material. But the au ...more
P๏€cɨℓią* ~SLiTsRead
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
GUSHING FIVE STARS!!!

Awww WHAT AN ENDING!!!
After all, that which has been is now, and that which is to be has already been.

I thought this would be like the previous book, another ghost story. But, this was SO MUCH more. I really had no idea how the story would even continue on after book one. I was completely taken by surprise. I was glad that I didn’t even peek at one single review (Tip: don’t even peak at the listed Amazon’s category). The twists were just incredible. The romance was believable. T
Ashley
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: btb-2019, 2019
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

When I woke up this morning, I realized I had been dreaming about this story. For me, that’s always a sign of a great book. It imprints itself into my subconscious and allows me to live the story in the only way I can. And now, I’m sad it’s over. I absolutely adored these books! Somehow, I loved Prom Night in Purgatory even more than the former book in the duet.

I was surprised by how different each of these books were. I didn’t quite know where
Sammy
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fantasy - Time Travel - Paranormal - Young Adult ... I don't know which genre it belongs to , coz it had all those elements ...the logics & theories are quite interesting & I loved it all ...

It's one of those reads, you just can't keep it down , the time -travel makes it a bit confusing & my head feels dizzy after reading it , gosh , I was unable to sleep after completing it ... I even had a dream about it ... this story went too much into my head ...

Hello , Hello , reality check ...

I still am left with some questions unanswered ... but sometimes , its all about the journey , & not the destination ... and the journey I had was thrilling ...& exhausting ..

I don't know if it will leave the same effect on others, as it left on me .. coz some stories consume some people .. & I was totally consumed by it ... I don't know what I loved specifically , or why it had such unique effect one me ... I just know it had ...

Maggie had to fight for him all over again , & that gal is tough one ...

The memories are altered , the things are changing , & with each passing moment the danger is increasing , & so is their love ... Johnny is coming back ... but its not going to be the easy way ...

We gotta see different side of Johnny in this one , & there where scene when my heartbeats were beating as fast as theirs

Everything changes in the future , or should I say past , ... but it takes big sacrifice to do that .... the ending really matches up to the title ....

people say its better to be loved & lost , than never to be loved at all...

& now I believe why they say that , but you can't give up on love like that ...

Anita
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Since I loved the first book so much, I had high hopes for this one. I liked it but I just don't think it lived up to the first. This one was a little difficult to follow and I lost the connection with the main characters at times. I also think the ending could have been wrapped up a little better. I was left wanting more explanation to clear up the many questions/confusion that I am dealing with. Did Johnny remember both purgatory experiences in the end? Wouldn't their getting to know each othe ...more
j.seth
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prom Night in Purgatory, by Amy Harmon:
*This review may contain spoilers.

I really enjoyed the first book and was curious how the story would end. I never expected this twist of events! Usually, I like the first book in a series better than the rest, since it sets the scene, introduces the characters, typically has a better story, etc… but I think this book was even better than the first (I still can’t make up my mind, they were both really good).

This was another book that I ju
Imy♥♥
I'm in love with this series, and I have no shame in admitting that.

The book description for both this book and the first ( Slow Dance in Purgatory ) really doesn't do them justice in my eyes.

photo tumblr_m7f4l5DLLA1raldleo1_500-1.gif

I'm kind of at a loss for words, and truth be told a little sad that the series has come to an end.
Once I had finished reading Prom Night in PurgatoryI actually started searching for a book series similar, just so I co
Vishal Mudgal
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you thought what it’d be like when you love a person with all your heart & know that you will never be with them? How it feels like to be in a battle you’d lose but you still fight & wish that this time you’d win her heart? Would you trade your life to be a ghost for half a century & to be loved just for few days, left alone again?

I know I would.

Because the love which Maggie had for Johnny is the kind of love I love to love. Two persons in love one of who
Jacqueline J
I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first one. Mostly because they didn't spend a lot of time together. But it was still a pretty fun read. The author had a big job to do to believably draw a ghost romance to a close. I think it all worked out pretty rationally. I didn't like Johnny quite as much in this story (view spoiler) ...more
Jenny Jo Weir
Brilliant book. Wonderfully written and incredibly captivating. It was astonishing to see inside the mind of such a creative soul as is Amy. I am beyond jealous of Harmon's imaginative skills and so beyond happy that she chose to share her gift with the world.
This book goes beyond the cookie cutter novels I'm used to reading and it extracts you from normal dull life. It takes you on a journey to unknown places and times where otherwise, any other author wouldn't dare. I loved this book and hope
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my goodness. Right when I didn't think the sequel could be anywhere near as good as the first novel, Slow Dance in Purgatory. I finished both novels in a matter of a few days. What a rush! This story is one of my favorites--great story and great story telling, characters and all. I loved both novels. Prom Night in Purgatory is a must-read sequel!
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liking this author
Christy
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo 2056F725-47A5-4EF0-B279-BA06AE39F37D_zpsiaf7nknh.jpg

After I finished Slow Dance in Purgatory, I wasted no time downloading and starting Prom Dance in Purgatory. I had to know what happened to Johnny and Maggie after that ending! This book was a wild and incredible journey. Maggie and Johnny’s love is one that transcends time. Amy Harmon took this book in a much different direction that I predicted, but that doesn’t surprise me. I love that her books are unpredictable!

If you’re looking for an epic YA romance that is a bit paranormal, has time travel, excitement an
Cynthia
Beautiful follow up to the first book. I loved it, if you loved the first you will not be disappointed with book 2.
Lenore Kosinski

4-stars — Huh, the book went in slightly different directions than I was expecting! I really didn’t expect the time travel-ish aspect to the story! No, that’s a lie. I knew there had to be something b/c of the hints at the end of the previous book. But I didn’t expect it to take up so much space in the narrative I guess. Or maybe I just didn’t expect the way everything would play out. I grew increasingly concerned as the book went on about how it was going to end. You guys have no idea
2.75 stars.

This was a decent second half of the story, but I was underwhelmed by it. I think I'm destined to have that reaction when an attempt is made to explain away time travel. That being said, the storytelling was just as good in this half as in the first. I was engaged and rooting for the MCs even though I still wasn't engrossed by the premise.

It was a safe read, though I could have done without the references of the H being a ladies' man in the past. What that real
Theresa
"The woman I married was beautiful, but the woman I lost was stunning."
Gus from "Prom Night in Purgatory"

4.5 Stars... A race across the divide of time as two souls fight for a love that fate continued to deny... A fast paced, thrilling conclusion to this unique and beautiful duet... I found myself riveted to each page wondering how the story would twist and turn to it's unknown ending... The chemistry and connection between Maggie and Johnny seemed more intense and profound in
Tara Neideffer
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Wow, this one had my head spinning in so many different directions, but in a good way! I wasn't expecting it to take this turn, but I really liked it and thought this book was a lot better than the first one. And I LOVED how everything tied together in the end.
Got My Book
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Also posted on my blog Got My Book.

A slightly confusing but wonderful YA Paranormal Romance.

BOOK DETAILS:
Prom Night in Purgatory by Amy Harmon, read by Emily Woo Zeller, published by Tantor Audio (2014) / Length: 8 hrs 18 min

SERIES INFO:
This is Book #2 in the "Purgatory" duology.

**This review contains spoilers for the previous book.**

SUMMARY:
I wasn't sure that I wanted to read this. Sometimes I worry that it might be bet/>
**This/>SERIES/>Prom/>BOOK/>A
Kaila
AHH!! This book made me so happy. I seriously can't stop smiling!! My favourite kind of books are those that make you feel strong emotions. Both Prom Night In Purgatory and Slow Dance In Purgatory made me feel so ecstatically happy and gooey on the inside. And for that, I am so glad that I read these books!

Prom Night In Purgatory is the second book in the Purgatory duology and was both a perfect sequel and a perfect ending to a fantastic series. If you read my review of Slow Dance In
Alisa
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
If you haven't read Slow Dance in Purgatory, you will definitely need to read that one first.

This book was very different from the first one, but I loved it just as much! The first one is more about Johnny's time as a sorta ghost in Purgatory, whereas this one was more of a time travel book. We go back and forth from 1958 to 2011. We get to know Lizzie, Maggie's grandma and Irene's little sister, better in this book. We also get to know Billy, Johnny's brother, a little better. I lov
Jenny
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh God. At this moment. Amy Harmon is officially one of my favorite Authors. I was really amazed on how she can twist and plot the previous scenes in the first book into a new and engaging scenario. The romance so believable that I can't explain how Amy made me believe everything is possible. The characters are so real, the emotional turmoil is so heart felt I can't count how many times I wanted to cry for Maggie and Johnny. It started to mess with my belief of Destiny. And my heart is literally ...more
Charissa
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book 2. I loved this story and was transfixed in every chapter. This sequel is not as simple as the first book (Slow Dance in Purgatory—which was amazing!). The story jumps back and forth a lot from the 1950s to the present, but I found it a fun kind of travel (seeing small things change in the present from what happens in the past). This book starts out with Maggie and Johnnie both in the hospital recovering from events in Book 1. When Johnny awakes, he remembers nothing. Maggie is devastated t ...more
Shannon
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, book two was good. It wasn't quite as good for me as book one was..

There were a ton of twists and turns in this books. A lot of time travel which was interesting but also screwed up my idea of a HEA in the end

i was gasping.. I honestly felt like my stomach was in my throat in some parts, just waiting for a certain someone to remember a certain someone else..

I didn't like the ending. It's not how I wanted it to the end, it makes sense but I was hoping for a more happy tie up a
⚜️Trea
After really enjoying the first story in this series, I was hoping for a good book with this installment. Sadly, I didn't get it. What I did like was that we got to see them fall in love all over again, but that journey was a disjointed mess to me. I did like how Maggie tried to change things for the better for her aunt, and her mishaps back in the 1950s. Johnny's confusion felt very real, and I could sympathize with his plight. Sadly, it just didn't work well for me.
Teri
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I just don't know... I LOVED the story, the writing, and the characters BUT I wanted a different ending for Johnny & Maggie!!!

Oh... it still breaks my heart just thinking about it!

Nicky
Still a good book but something was missing.
And I can think of a few plot holes in the end.
Corine
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3.5 stars..

I'm a little torn here.... I'm also a little confused. I'll need to go back and read the last few pages to understand the ending. Johnny and Maggie really were a great romance story to read about, but I struggled to get into this one at first. Johnny doesn't remember Maggie and he doesn't treat her very nicely.. and seeing that side of Johnny was difficult for me to read. I haven't read a lot of books about time travel, but this one gave me a bit of whiplash. I d
Betty Leung
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly beautiful.

This story was absolutely amazing!! It’s twists and plot kept me riveted!! I would LOVE to see this book become a movie since that’s how I pictured it while reading...a movie!

Johnny....oh Johnny. I felt for his loss, his frustration, his fear and desolation when he came back to this century. But my heart broke for Maggie. She suffered so much. And I don’t blame Johnny but I wanted to slap his head a few times when he was so mean to her. So my emotions were all over the plac
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #24 Prom Night in Purgatory by Amy Harmon 1 3 Jan 31, 2015 01:16PM

• Guard My Heart (Tainted Hearts, #0.5)
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Bleeds My Desire (Blood Bonds, #1)
  • Cursed Heart (Cursed, #2.5)
  • Wraith (Hawaiian Shadows, #1)
  • James Black (James Black #1)
  • A Christmas Rose (Dusk Gate Chronicles #4.5)
  • Hiding Away (Anchored Hearts #1.5)
  • Shadows At Sunset
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • The Man of Her Dreams
  • Guarding Hearts (Living Again, #3)
  • The Vampire's Consort  (Undead in Brown County, #5)
  • Twisted Magic (Ink, #2)
  • Fall (Roam, #2)
  • An Unwilling Husband
  • Finding My Way Home
  • Her Dom (Dominic Powers, #1)
Amy Harmon is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and New York Times Bestselling author. Amy knew at an early age that writing was something she wanted to do, and she divided her time between writing songs and stories as she grew. Having grown up in the middle of wheat fields without a television, with only her books and her siblings to entertain her, she developed a strong sense of what made a good ...more

Purgatory (2 books)
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
“Life had taught her that consequences were ugly and painful, and seldom worth the pleasure they had been bartered for.” 4 likes
“I’m guessing you’ve got a spare in the trunk, but one spare isn’t gonna do us much good,” Johnny sighed. “Who would do something like this?”

“Did you notice all the looks you were getting from the ladies?”

“Absolutely.” Johnny smiled deviously, his eyebrows waggling.

“Yeah, well so did all the other guys. I’m guessing one of them - and his name starts with ‘D’ and end with ‘erek,’ was a little jealous of your hot moves and decided to take it out on our cool ride.”

Maggie hunched down beside him and sighed. “How many blondes does it take to change a tire?”

“Only one, sweetheart, but this blonde can’t work a miracle.”
1 likes