Start by marking “Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)

Down and Dirty

(Dare Me #2)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He was a dare she’d never been able to resist…

Cat Thomas has never been the kind of girl to stick. A self-professed infatuation junky, she latches on the newest, hottest guy on the block, then finds a reason—real or imagined—to dump him. When she accepts a dare to rekindle her high school flame and jump in bed with her/>He
Kindle Edition, 1, 224 pages
Published February 23rd 2013 by Entangled Publishing (Brazen) (first published January 1st 2013)

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellTempting the Best Man by J. LynnTempting the Player by J. LynnProtecting What's His by Tessa BaileyOne Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
Brazen Collection
182 books — 515 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnRules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell
Entangled Books
401 books — 341 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
Mo
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

… and Shane did you have it in bounds, patience, that is, well you had plenty other stuff too that I could comment on.

Cat, you nearly drove me made with your insecurities, your wishy-washy, couldn’t make up your bloody mind….

Did you need to go to

Could you not see that hunk of manho
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
♦ 4 "Bucket List" Stars! ♦

So, continuing with the Dare Me series, now is the turn of Mary Catherine "Cat" Thomas (Galen's sister and Lacey's BFF) and Shane Decker (the hot hero who is in love with her).

Again, I loved this book. I loved how Shane fights for Cat, who is quite afraid of compromise and also how we also see Lacey and Galen together. The chemistry between our two main charaters is smokin' and as always, the ending is beautiful! <33

"I cam<33
• Lisa •
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brazen-addict
INGREDIENTS for a christine Bell QUICKIE.

A PINT of humour with a delicious TWO scoops of Wit. Throw in some off the scale CHEMISTRY and scrumptious loving action (a GENEROUS quantity, please). One outrageously, gorgeous fall- in -love with Mouth-watering male, combine with a knockout, sassy, tempting female. Add a dash of heartache (but go steady, just a spoonful). Mix well, serve with caution, sit back and DEVOUR.

In the first of this series we were kindly given Galen Tho
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3--Heroine Hating--Stars!

Oh boy....I did not like our heroine Cat! She drove me crazy--so much so that I pretty much had to skim read the book.

Cat and Shane have known each other since high school. They messed around one time but he stopped it before it could go too far. He was supposed to be protecting Cat and watching over her at the request of her brother.

Years later they see each other again and basically have a one-night stand. Cat spends the majority of the remainder of the b
Saly
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book was totally HOT!!The heroine Cat has commitment issues because she feels her mother compromised and gave up her dream to marry her father, so she lives life fully. She constantly finds faults with men she is dating and runs from love.

The hero is someone the heroine has always known is a threat to her freedom. They almost shared something, but he stopped and that irks her. The hero is back in town for good and the heroine is one of the reasons but he knows telling her that wo
Kara
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cat and Shane....strong willed and sweet.

Bell keeps a good thing coming with the 2nd book in this series. I would've liked to have seen a bit more of where Shane has been or what he does for a living - I hope that comes in a later book.

Cat is strong & I love that in an mc. She could be frustrating but I like that she really tends to stick to what she believes in.

Read this series!!
Emma ~ The Indecisive Reader ~
Love just straight forward romances, friends to lovers. Sweet sexy and hot!!
Claire Robinson
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Search & Rescue Me Please Shane Stars!
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)

SAVE $2
SALE
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

He was a dare she’d never been able to resist…
Cat Thomas has never been the kind of girl to stick. A self-professed infatuation junky, she latches on the newest, hottest guy on the block, then finds a reason—real or imagined—to dump him. When she accepts a dare to rekindle her high school flame and jump in bed with her brother’s best friend, Shane Decker, she knows she’s in trouble. She can’t resist the man, even after all these years apart, and that just wo

~3.5 Stars~

He was a dare she’d never been able to resist…

I feel like I’m repeating myself when I say this, but can that cover get any hotter? I mean, daaaaamn. I loved the cover for Down For the Count but this one takes the cake! Don’t mistake me for being superficial when it comes to books, but keep in mind that the cover art is what sells your book before anything else. You can have the best story written, ever, but you give your book an unattractive cover and it’ll be a hard sell. Like with food, you eat with you
Stars~
He ...more
Brit
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another picture-filled review – ready?

Well. This was a hot little read.

I liked this one – it wasn’t as funny/fun as the first, but WAY hotter.

I loved Cat from the first book – she was full of one liners and super sass. She still was but not as much – or at least I didn’t feel it as much. For the most part, I still loved her throughout this book, but at times I wanted to smack her and say “he’s amaz-balls – go for it”

Who is he
Hayson Manning
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Down and Dirty. Pretty much read it straight through. First up. I love Shane. Sorry I meant to say I LOVE Shane and I really adore Cat but I wanted to follow Shane around and make him all mine.

Cat and Shane have history. Years earlier Shane had promised Cat's brother (Galen whom we met in Down for the Count) that he'd look out for his little sister. One night at a lake when teens, Shane turned down Cat and she took that to heart. Fast forward and they are now adults. C
Jaime Arkin
I'm totally a fan of Christine Bell for sure after this second book in the Dare Me Series.

Down and Dirty is Cat and Shane's story. If you've read book one, then you know that Cat is Galen's sister. She's brash and spontaneous and always looking for adventure.

Shane just happens to be her brother's best friend. He's the guy who thwarted all her fun in high school and a total stick in the mud... or so she thinks. She just so happens to have had a crush on him and remembers the night he pushed her away.

The chemi
McGee Magoo
I'm reading this series in reverse, which is kind of dumb of me, but I'm enjoying them all so much that I can't really muster up any regret. Christine Bell knows how to make me laugh out loud and make me love her heroines and make me have to take a break to splash some cool water on my face. Whoo!

Cat and Shane have some incredible chemistry. They've known each other forever and even though there was attraction on her side, Cat thought their relationship was too contentious, that they were too different
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
I'm having a little trouble trying to decide how to rate this book. I really really liked Shane in this book. He was amazing, but Cat drove me absolutely insane. I liked her in the first story and was really looking forward to her story but...she ended up just getting on my nerves somewhat.

The book starts out with Cat, Galen, and Lacey at the bar right after Galen has won his last fight. They are out celebrating. Shane shows up unexpectedly and immediately the tension starts crackling between h
Sandy S
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it

REVIEW: DOWN AND DIRTY is the second storyline in Christine Bell’s contemporary series Dare Me. This storyline focuses on Cat Thomas (Galen Thomas -our hero from Down for the Count sister) and his best friend Shane Decker.

Like Down for the Count, our couple have a previous history-one that started as teens but never proceeded any further. When Galen left for college he asked his best friend Shane to look after and protect his younger sister Mary Catherine,
Fiction And Fashion Book Blog
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you know me at all you know that I fell head over heels in LOVE with Galen from Down for the Count. You knew that I was counting down the days until the next book in this series was out. Was I a tad disappointed that Galen did not have a bigger part in the second book? No...because ladies...I have moved on{gasp!}. As much as it pains me to say that, I fell hard for one Shane Decker...

He wore a threadbare white T-shirt that should've been as noteworthy as a bowl of oatmeal. Instead, it/>He
Erin
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome continuation to the Dare Me series! I loved Lacey and Galen in Down for the Count, so I was very anxious to get my hands on this second installment. Christine Bell has impressed me yet again with her memorable characters that have smoking-hot chemistry, and a heartwarming love story that I very much enjoyed!

First of all, can I just say that Shane Decker had me at “Mary Catherine”??!! Good lord this man was just hotness personified, with the tender sweet knight in shini
Sera ~ Catty Reader
I wonder if we've all read the same book, but I can't rate it any higher then 2/5 stars

I don't know why, but this book just didn't get to me at all. I didn't like reading it and I skimmed through a lot of the pages. It isn't really the writing that put me of this book, but I can't remember a book I've read over the last time where I hated the heroine as much as I hated Cat.

I didn't hate her in the first book, but maybe that was because it wasn't really focussed on her. In this book however;
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, earc
This is book 2 in the Bare me Series. I red book one and loved it. Book 2 is about Cat Thomas. Galen's sister from book one. We got a pretty good introduction to her in book one. Shane is Galen's best friend and has the hots for Cat for a really long time but he was sworn to watch out for her in her teen years when her brother and his best friend left for college. She couldn't get away with anything with him on the job. Problem was he wanted to be doing some bad stuff with her but felt he couldn ...more
Selipperydickdip
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: tough-guy
Cat is one feisty chick, with her big bucket list and even bigger attitude.

Shane, whats not to like!! The guy is gorgeous and says the sweet things ...

"A wicked smile spread across his usually serious face. “Hi, my name is Shane Decker. I’m not much for chatter, so I’ll get right to the point. I have some cue cards here telling me to describe my ‘type,’ but that’s not me. I respect and love women. All types of women.”
His voice rang with sincerity and Cat found
Hanna
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was ok

This is my reaction at the end of the book

Because it was finally over.

Even though it was short, it seemed to go on for like forever, accomplishing nothing substantial.
It was quite a nice reading... The first 40 pages. Then it got too boring to me.
What a disappointment. I don't even want to make a comment about the heroine, whose reasons I found totally pointless. She rejected a man (the one she previously admitted to herself that she had feelings for) because he
Mandy
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This will be between and 3 and 3.5. Mainly because Cat was hard to take in some ways. She was gutsy, smart and funny as hell but really pushed the envelope as far her "issues".
A super hot, sexy, sweet and loving guy that you've known most of your life comes back to town for you and you want to run because you don't want to end up like your mother who chose her family over career? (sorry huge run on sentence)
I bordered on not liking the character at all in many parts of the book and w
MaggieReadsRom
I am seriously in love with Christine Bell's voice! It is laced with the perfect amount of humor and sensuality and makes her characters come alive.
I loved this book from start to finish! Another sexy and funny read with characters that stole my heart. Prior to reading the book I skimmed a few reviews on Goodreads and read some stuff about Cat. Luckily I always make up my own mind about characters because I ended up really liking her and rooting for her HEA with Shane.

Fave Quotes
He wore
Riley Murphy
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hunky-hero
I was sucked in from page one! God, I love a spunky heroine and Cat fills those heels nicely! Fortunately, her hunky hero, Shane, can handle her. I really loved how Shane understood who Cat was and didn't try to change her. All he did was patiently force her to grow-up and own her faults. As to that? I gotta say, I LOVED that aspect of this story. Add to that plenty of laugh out loud moments combined with just enough emotion to tug on the heartstrings and you have an awesome read! Cat and Shane ...more
Erica
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I didn't love this one as much as the first book in this series, Down For the Count, Down and Dirty was still a pretty good read. I loved hearing Cat's story and Shane was quite a hunk.

The moms in the book kind of cracked me up. They were so conniving. I also loved Courtney - she had such a brief role but I really liked her.

The plot was cute. The dynamics between Cat and Shane were pretty intense - I loved the sexual tension between the two.

This was another great read f
Dalia
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting storyline, engaging characters, funny dialogue , a scorching attraction and enough emotions to tug at your heartstrings. The perfect combination for an amazing read.
Cat is a force to be reckoned with, full of spirit, mischief and sass. But Shane is her perfect match. Add to that, he has the patience of a saint !!! He knows what he wants and go for it. Nothing will stop him from claiming Cat as his woman. Not even Cat herself !!
Joan
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Cat and Shane's story was good. At times I really enjoyed it. I think her reason for being commitment phobic were weak...even Lacey loves Cats parents and recognizes their love for each other and family. Not sure I can appreciate Cat's reasons and Shane was just perfect. When they were together they had serious sexual chemistry and Shane being such a great alpha guy made the story.
Paris        (kerbytejas)
for me
I didn't feel the connection between Shane & Kat
The hip trendy language / phrases drove me crazy
I missed the humor -
the drama seemed to be padding to lengthen the story
and the plot was easy to guess and followed the expected path
wasn't sexy, or erotic
just too new adult for me
Lisa

I LOVE CAT. She's so awesome and funny and a bit neurotic but I love her AND her crazy principles and bucket list.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1)
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)
  • Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare, #1)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone, #1)
  • Seducing the Bridesmaid (Wedding Dare, #3)
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)
  • Chasing Mrs. Right (Come Undone, #2)
  • After Hours
  • Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1)
  • One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2)
Christine Bell is a romance author and also writes erotic romance as Chloe Cole. She and her handsome hubby currently reside in Pennsylvania with a four-pack of teenage boys. If she gets time off from her duties as maid, chef, chauffeur, or therapist, she can be found reading just about anything she can get her hands on, from Young Adult novels to books on poker theory. She doesn’t like root beer, ...more

Dare Me (3 books)
  • Down for the Count (Dare Me, #1)
  • Down on Her Knees (Dare Me, #3)
“She may have mentally relegated him to the friend zone, but the rest of her hadn’t gotten the memo” 9 likes
“I like my freedom, and I sure as shit won’t ask your permission to cross stuff off my bucket list. I’m cranky in the morning until I’ve had my coffee, and I’m not sure I ever want kids... I’m not used to compromising or having someone to answer to or clear my schedule with. And to be honest? It scares the ever-loving shit out of me. But I want to try. If you do. Because being with you is an adventure.” 7 likes