Start by marking “1-800-Mischief (The Loki Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
1-800-Mischief (The Loki Adventures, #1)

1-800-Mischief

(The Loki Adventures #1)

The first novella in The Loki Adventures series.

Loki, Norse god of mischief, has been banished to earth for a crime he may or may not have committed. But he has a plan to regain his powers and return to Asgard to prove his innocence.

If he isn’t stopped first.

While working his mission to save humanity, Loki discovers a plot against him.

Who would dare to call up Loki’s wrath
Published February 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about 1-800-Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1-800-Mischief

TL
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Original read: August 7th, 2013
Re-read: April 28th 2016

Your cell phone… I live like a millionaire thanks to it and that annoying little contract which always costs you more than you think it will. It doesn’t matter which carrier you’re with. They really are all the same for they are owned by one person: me! So, go on, love your cell phone, text away, check your Facebook posts, tweet more, and cry, cry, cry over your bill. I know you can’t live without it. Complain all you want, but you’ll renew
Tiffany
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This short story has only one flaw: it's only 80 pages.

Oh dear, why all good things have to end? Being a huge fan of mythology (Norse, Greek, Egyptian, you name it) and a big fan of Loki, I enjoyed this book very much! Dawn Blair managed to create a world where mythological creatures, gods and humans all live together. And it worked well! It was funny to see how they all tried to fit on Earth (or Midgard) and adapt: sirens become waitress, ancient heroes are bartenders, fauns are bouncers and pu
Tammy K.
Many years ago the Norse god Loki was punished to serve time here on Earth protecting humans from trouble created by the other gods of the different Pantheons.
With every human he rescues he gets one more step closer to finishing his punishment. Yet some one has decided to trick the trickster, by stealing his tokens of good deeds possibly forcing Loki to have to start all over.
This was a fun read. I have always loved the god Loki, even once named a cat after him. I liked the way the author pres
Irene ~ Ice Cold Passion
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone with an interest in norse mythology
This was just what I was looking for at the moment, someting short and fun to read!! I love Norse mythology and that makes this an awesome read! Loved it! Loki was just perfect and exactly what I wanted to read, the story could have been one of the original lore, as all parties seem to mislead each other, like they always do in Mythology. All in all well done! And I am looking forward to reading more of Lokis story!

My music suggestion for this read, or what Loki could have listened to: Anything
T.L.
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Little Tale

If you're a fan of Loki, and who isn't, you'll enjoy this story.
I'm going to look into more of his stories by Dawn Blair.
The Shayne-Train
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-the-author
This was an extremely entertaining read. Mixing elements of Norse mythology, urban fantasy, and classic detective fiction, it was right up my alley!

I got a signed copy of this book through a Goodreads giveaway, and was impressed by how quickly the story drew me in. Loki is an immediately likable protagonist.

My only problem with the story: it's so short! It got me hungry for more, and then ended. It seems more of a prologue to the continuing Loki adventures.

I am eagerly awaiting the next installm
Martha
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
Short but fun

A very interesting idea - Loki is banished to Midgard (Earth) instead of Thor for a crime he might (for once) not have committed. Apparently, he's been here a while sending transdimensional beings back where they came from and helping us poor mortals out in the process. It's told in the first person, but Loki's personality hasn't really come through yet. Hopefully, we'll see more in the next book.
JD Estrada
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lovely write although it feels like an aperitif leaving one hungry for the full meal. It's a good intro and almost a prequel and definitely Loki is the star of the show. I love how they match Norse mythology with the modern world and can only begin to wonder on what other adventures are in store. Great work and I'll be checking out the other books to see what other mischief Loki manages to get himself into.
Anna
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I found this to be an interesting story but I feel that the writing could be better. Some sentences and descriptions did not make sense and I noticed at least one typo. The author also tends to repeat the same word/phrase several times in the same paragraph and it makes reading awkward. Other than that I enjoyed this story and I feel that it could have potential as a full length novel.
Katie Utke
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book is absolutely fantastic! I'm totally in love with her version of Loki!
Ally
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay

I'd, I expected more. it was interesting, but I felt that the author spent too much time describing useless information
shannon  Stubbs
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

This book pricked interest. Definitely has more to come with this story. Will have to read the next book to find out what happens next.
Carra
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gods, novellas
Very promising, but alas! too short!
Darian
alyce smith
May 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Loki: Nine Naughty Tales of the Trickster
  • Black Sea Gods (Chronicles of Fu Xi, #1)
  • Loki: Why I Began the End
  • The Grave Watchers (Grave Watchers, #1)
  • Spirits Rising (Spirit Caller, #1)
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • Grimm's Last Fairytale: A Novel
  • The Silver Token
  • Instinct (The Halfling Chronicles, Book 1)
  • In the Heart of Yesterday (A Heart Story, #1)
  • Welcome to the Afterlife
  • Sleight of Hand
  • The Grim (Midnight Squad, #1)
  • Bad Blood (Latter-Day Olympians, #1)
  • Black Box (Turbulence, #5)
  • My Man Godric
  • Warp World
  • Waiting for the Galactic Bus (Snake Oil, #1)
Come read more about my books and their progress on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dawnblairbooks/

The Loki Adventures (3 books)
  • For Sale, Call Loki (The Loki Adventures, #2)
  • For a Good Time, Call Loki (The Loki Adventures, #3)