Start by marking “Creature Feature (Creature Feature #1)” as Want to Read:
Creature Feature (Creature Feature #1)

Creature Feature

(Landslide #1)

Diagnosis Wolf by Poppy Dennison

Published March 20th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Creature Feature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creature Feature

Start your review of Creature Feature (Creature Feature #1)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*2.5 stars overall*

Diagnosis Wolf by Poppy Dennison- 2 stars
This was pretty disappointing for me, mainly because the story really made no sense. The whole plot sort of fell apart at the end... like completely. I also didn't really buy the shifter world and how easily Andrew adapted. I also didn't really warm to him much, and I felt sort of "meh" about his relationship with Caleb overall.

However, what might have been a decent story in ebook form was made much worse by the narration by Jeff
Mandy*reads obsessively*

Review 3.75*
Diagnosis Wolf by Poppy Dennison

Andrew lost his job, so he is working as a nurse for a temp agency. When his boss calls and offers him double his usual pay he jumps at the chance, of course finding out that no one has lasted a day at the place he is being sent to, isn't reassuring.
He arrives at the beautiful, expensive mansion and wonders what he has gotten into.
The patient, Caleb has no file, the two armed body guards Andrew thinks of as Scowly and Scowlier only grunt and growl at
Elspeth
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mmr, ebook, twenty-forteen
Diagnosis Wolf by Poppy Dennison:

This was the most G rated shifter book I have ever read. It drove me crazy. I wanted to smack all the wolves and tell them to grow a pair, and the main character I wanted punch in the face every time he whined about he couldn't be around that much violence.
Oh Please. Tween girls are more violent than these assholes.

Landslide by Mary Calmes:

I like this story better than the first, but ending left me wanting. I wanted to know if Frank got powers, was his life
MostlyDelores
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Poppy Dennison's Diagnosis Wolf - 3 stars, good enough.

Mary Calmes's Landslide - 4 stars. If you've read any other Mary Calmes book, you know what you're getting here. EXCEPT, instead of a gorgeous twink, our POV character is a burly bear with a heart of gold--and I ate that up like a loaf of fresh bread with butter.
Heller
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Landslide Mary Calmes

Haven't read Poppy Dennison's story yet. So the rating may change.
Arthur
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Diagnosis:Wolf 2.5 stars

Somehow I don't really feel sympathetic to Andrew. Also, (view spoiler) A bit too ambitious for mafia-style story, but lacking and shallow in the executions.

Landslide 2.5 stars

A rapid dialogue between a man and his suitor. The
Mona
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Two enjoyable...but not too scary, paranormal reads. Loaded with shifters, demons and vampires. With a side of humor, love and ass kicking!! Simply...awesome.

"Ill huff, and puff, and I'll blow you."
description
BWT (Belen)
I only read the Mary Calmes story, Landslide, which was a really interesting AU where vampires, were animals, shifters and demons abound.

I enjoyed it, it was a quick, fun read.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Hmmm...I read both and can't say either really did too much for me. I'll just give it 3's and call it a day.

Diagnosis: Wolf just kind of didn't make all that much sense. It was a new Were world that maybe needed more history for me to really get it.

Landslide would have probably been awesome with like 100 more pages or something or no, maybe all the pages with the sister side story missing. I love Mary's books and the world she was creating here had me really getting into it but then it stopped
Mandapanda
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
I realised when I started reading that I was confusing Poppy Dennison with Poppy Z. Brite. Anyway I enjoyed Poppy Dennison's story. Diagnosis Wolf is quite good. Uses the usual m/m shifter tropes but good execution and a good introduction to her style. 3.5 stars.

Landslide by Mary Calmes - It's very Mary. 2.75 stars.

Jessie Potts
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed both stories, I'd love for Mary Calmes to write more in this world, Frank and Cael were awesome, and I wanted to see who 'Charming' ended up with as well as other demons and their ilk

*** Just finished the audiobook. I've heard worse narrators though I feel like this one does weird inflection. Still I enjoyed having the characters come to life! I have Still, Frog and All Kinds of Tied Down in audio version to go through next!!**
Adrianamae
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I found both stories weak and dissapointing, especially Mary Calmes which was the same regurgirated characters in a supposedly new setting -but what really made it boring was the amount of info dumpt that she brought to this short story - she clarified by telling the reader the rules of the paranormal world she was creating for this story which then for me became a snooze fest.
Lucy
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved the character of Cael in Mary Calmes story. He's bad ass and can do what he wants (demon and all) but he wants his teddy bear Frank to come to him voluntarily, because he wants to. Cael in protection mode, such as at Franks house, is the best.
Christy
I loved the title and the cover of this book. Yep. I'm just that shallow to read a book because of those things. Well, the fact that two of my favorite authors, Mary Calmes and Poppy Dennison, had each written a paranormal 'Creature Feature' probably played a bigger part.

Diagnosis: Wolf by Poppy Dennison

Andrew needs money, badly, since his brother decided to "borrow" all of his savings and max out his credit card. If he doesn't get some work soon he won't be able to pay his rent. When the
Morgan  Skye
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Diagnosis Wolf:
Andrew is a nurse sent to the house of a shifter (not a werewolf) who has been possibly poisoned by enemies of their family. Caleb (the shifter) finds Andrew to be very attractive and it’s his protective instincts of Andrew that help him to start the recovery process. Andrew’s brother has gotten into deep water and is hoping to use Andrew’s connection to the rich DiMartino family to get out of debt. When push comes to shove, Caleb and his family manage to solve the medical
Neko
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Diagnosis: Wolf by Poppy Dennison

Thanks to his good-for-nothing brother, Andrew Hughes is up to his eyeballs in debt and needs a job fast. When a nursing position opens up in Myerson, Arizona, Andrew has no choice but to take it, despite a warning about how difficult a patient Caleb DiMartino can be. Andrew can deal with a little trouble—but Caleb’s strange family, the armed guards, and the unknown cause of Caleb’s mysterious illness may be beyond his skill set.

--OMFG! I absolutely LOVED this
Macky
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable double bill of m/m paranormal goodies! Not read a lot of Poppy Dennison but after this will definitely check out more and Mary Calmes is a favourite anyway so I was doubly satisfied.

Diagnosis Wolf by Poppy Dennison.

Andrew is a nurse who's in need of extra money due to his bad boy brother stealing his hard earned cash, he gets the offer of nursing Caleb DiMartino, a young very attractive guy who is suffering from a strange illness and who's family is also very odd and secretive.
Jane (PS)
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Both stories are decent but neither is outstanding. My preference was for Mary's story but I'm still not big on demons and the strange way they integrate into Mary's plots (similar to her Warder series). All up, if you want a bit of paranormal fun these are fine, but there isn't enough material in them for you to want more...
Leaundra
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Poppy Dennison's...4.5
Mary Calmes...5
LaShonta
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Puppy's story was OK. It was entertaining. 3 stars.

Mary's story pulled me right in. I couldn't put it down once I started. I was sad to come to the end. I wanted to read more of Frank and Cael's world. I hope she writes more about these two. 4 stars.
Teresa
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed both these tales. They both had a different feel to them and they occur in different worlds but they both follow the same theme. I would love more in the Mary Calmes world where weres, shifters, and vampires are all known to society.
Wax
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This volume contains two great stories: Diagnosis: Wolf by Poppy Dennison and Landslide by Mary Calmes. If you've ever seen my booklist, you know I'm a huge Mary Calmes fan, so I just had to read this volume. And I was pleasantly surprised by Poppy's story as well.

Diagnosis: Wolf is a novella about Andrew, a down-on-his-luck home nurse, who has one of the world's worst brothers. His brother Danny has maxed out his credit cards and emptied out his savings account. However, he's too kind-hearted
Stephen
Two books in one!

The first was Diagnosis Wolf by Poppy Dennison. Andrew, a male nurse with an almost constant inner monologue that often escapes into an outer monologue is an appealing character and his role as a nurse makes for a sympathetic insta-relationship with Caleb, the seriously ill scion of a powerful and wealthy shifter family.

Andrew's early naming of Scowly and Scowlier was quite fun as are a good number of his musings. Though it does seem odd that an established and wealthy family
Phaney
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
On the whole I enjoyed this anthology a lot.
Both stories made me happy and were considerably more solidly written than most of what I've dealt with recently. (This is my own fault, of course. But there you go.)

Diagnosis: Wolf, by Poppy Dennison.

Aww. That was wonderful. Sweet. Well-written and funny!

I don’t have a single negative thing to say about this.
I mean, yes. It was not a long story but it did make the most out of the space. And while it might also have worked as a first volume for a
Erica
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
2017 Re-Read:

I was in a Mary Calmes kind of mood, and I searched my library instead of just scrolling through and this little gem popped up! I'd forgotten all about it. Both stories are great, and it's been so long since my first read it was almost like reading brand new stories.
Sabi
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the typical example of how a bad cover can keep you away of two very entertaining stories. Give this book a chance.
Rachel Emily
I really enjoyed both of these stories. I'm more familiar with Mary Calmes then Poppy Dennison, but really liked both of them about equal.
Tailtiu
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
3,5* for each story.
Page Crusherz
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!! Both stories were great, but the last one...oh so touching!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stand In Place
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • His Consort
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • The Monuments Men Murders (The Art of Murder #4)
  • When the Dust Settles (Timing, #3)
  • Any Closer
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Creature Feature 2 (Creature Feature #2)
  • Lightbearer
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Stranded (Siren Cove #3)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4)
Add two parts sass and one part sweet and you have Poppy Dennison to T—sweet tea that is. Raised by a gaggle of Southern women who love reading and have backbones of steel, Poppy was brought up to see the best in people but always speak her mind. Mix it all together, like Grandma’s famous cobbler, and you get a sassy, Southern lady with a quick wit and loads of charm, who will soften any blow with ...more

Landslide (2 books)