Start by marking “For I Have Sinned” as Want to Read:
For I Have Sinned

For I Have Sinned

(James Bay #4)

Cursed or Blessed? A Man of God Must Make a Choice…

Father Greg, a Catholic priest and recovering alcoholic, took a vow of obedience at his ordination—but thirty years later, that Roman collar chafes his neck. His love for God is not in doubt, but the same can’t be said for his faith in the church.

After a young interracial couple joins his parish in the small exclusive res
Published February 3rd 2013 by Kathleen Irene Paterka

To ask other readers questions about For I Have Sinned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For I Have Sinned

Start your review of For I Have Sinned
Brea Brown
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First of all, full disclosure: I am not Catholic. There. I feel much better having confessed that. And it doesn't even matter, because this book isn't just for Catholics. Like many fiction books that heavily feature religion, the religion in this book provides more of a backdrop and a source of conflict than any sort of agenda. The theme of the book is definitely not prosthelytizing. Now that that's out of the way, I have to say, I fell a little bit (okay, a LOT) in love with the protagonist, Fa ...more
Claudia Guerra
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved getting to know Father Greg and follow him through the ups and downs of being a Catholic priest and his relationships with people. I admire the way he was there for his friends but also had some doubts and concerns about himself and the right path to travel.

I also enjoy the character's of James Bay and having them pay visits in each following book. It's great to have some follow up on what is going on in their lives after the original book about them is completed.

Katheleen Irene Paterka
Samantha Bailey
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Irene Paterka is a brave and brilliant writer. Written from the POV of a conflicted priest, 'For I Have Sinned' is such a real, raw and honest story. I was hooked from the very first line and stayed completely immersed until the last beautiful page.

The writing is powerful and authentic, and I felt for all of the characters and their individual journeys. I will read anything by Paterka, and she is an author to watch. Highly recommended!
Eileen Goudge
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having been raised in the Catholic Church, I could totally relate to this story about a conflicted priest. Father Greg is a good man, one I came to know and love. I felt for him as he struggles with his moral dilemma and with various parish and diocesan conflicts. A story compelling told by author Kathleen Irene Paterka, who clearly knows her stuff and writes from an insider's viewpoint. She brings passion and insight to a controversial subject.
Joanne Tailele
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Loved it. For a non-Catholic, this was a wonderful view into the life of a priest - and a very good one at that. Loved how he was portrayed, human but very devoted to God. I could not help but wonder if the author, Kathleen Irene Paterka, has a very close friend or relative that is a priest because she caught his emotions so perfectly. Great job. I am recommending to several of my friends.
Teresa Lavender
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Won this here on Goodreads. Loved it! Can't say enough about a book that makes me laugh, cry, and feel all sorts of strong emotions. I love a book where I can feel for the characters. Will definitely read more.
Teresa
Fair read

I like how it was from a man's poignant of view. this book was my least favorite out of the four.
Barb
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
“For I Have Sinned” by Kathleen Irene Paterka was a book that I read in one day. I was so engrossed in the story that I had to finish it. Father Greg Kozminski is a parish pastor in northern Michigan. The story begins as he is awaiting penitents in the confessional on a Saturday afternoon. He is struggling with his diocese and its adherence to the archaic church rules. He is in his mid-fifties, trying to reconcile church rules with the needs of his parishioners. He is stuck with a shrew of a sec ...more
Wendy Janes
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Father Greg is a recovering alcoholic. His faith in God is strong, but his faith in the Catholic Church is being tested by local issues and grievances. The intolerance demonstrated by his parishioners towards a young couple who join the community, and the intervention of a young widow, drive him towards crisis point.

Father Greg is a wonderfully complex and sympathetic character. He’s flawed, but he’s a good man. He makes mistakes, but his heart is always in the right place.

I’m not a Catholic, an
Marilyn Heyman
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating book that I didn't want to stop reading. Father Greg has been a priest for thirty years, but things happen that cause him to look anew at his vocation. Although his love for God never wavers, his choice of the priesthood is questioned as well as the politics of the church and his attraction to Lila. An excellent story. I will be looking for more books by this author.
Don Lazarus
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Read

This is a fantastic story depicting the challenges that face people of religious faith. Father Greg struggles as he sorts out his love of God and the feelings he shares with and for Lila.
Amanda
Jun 10, 2016
Josie
Jan 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
  • Murder on the East Coast (Cedar Bay Mystery #11)
  • Harvest Moon Homecoming (Sweet Haven Farm, #1)
  • All Things Considered (Western Lovers: Reunited Hearts, #35)
  • Can't Fight The Moonlight (Whisper Lake #3)
  • Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family
  • Wildflower Ranch (The Canyon #2.5)
  • The Shop on Main Street (The Cadillac Series #2)
  • The Candle Star (Divided Decade Collection, #1)
  • Beautiful Storm (Lightning Strikes #1)
  • Paradise Falls
  • Flight 259 (Hope #1)
  • The Good Wife
  • Deep in the Heart
  • Behind the Scenes: Or, Thirty Years a Slave, and Four Years in the White House
  • Lightning Lingers (Lightning Strikes #2)
  • Stay
  • Zenith Man (Inheritance collection)
Kathleen Irene Paterka is an Amazon Bestselling Author of Women's Fiction. Her women's fiction novel, THE OTHER WIFE, was released February of 2015, while her novel SECRETS OF THE ROYAL WEDDING CHAPEL provides a fascinating glimpse into the world of Las Vegas wedding chapels, royalty, romance and brides. Readers of women's fiction will enjoy Kathleen's other novels, including FATTY PATTY, HOME FIR ...more

James Bay (4 books)
  • Fatty Patty
  • Home Fires (A James Bay Novel #2)
  • Lotto Lucy