Start by marking “Typické americké dievča (Typické americké dievča, #1)” as Want to Read:
Typické americké dievča (Typické americké dievča, #1)

Typické americké dievča

(All-American Girl #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  61,980 ratings  ·  1,952 reviews
Desať dôvodov, prečo ja, Samantha Madisonová, mám VEĽKÉ PROBLÉMY:
10. Moja staršia sestra Lucy je najobľúbenejšie dievča v škole.
9. Moja mladšia sestra Rebecca chodí do školy pre geniálne decká.
8. Milujem Lucinho frajera.
7. Moji rodičia zistili, že v škole predávam portréty celebrít.
6. Preto ma prinútili chodiť na blbé hodiny kreslenia.
5. Zachránila som život prezidentovi S
Published 2004 by Ikar (first published June 7th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Typické americké dievča, please sign up.
Jennifer Daniels There's no year, which makes sense because it's also a fictional president. But, since they mention that Amy and Chelsea are carved in a windowsill,…moreThere's no year, which makes sense because it's also a fictional president. But, since they mention that Amy and Chelsea are carved in a windowsill, it's after the Clinton Administration. (less)

·  61,980 ratings  ·  1,952 reviews

Rebecca
Jun 29, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya
This is a good book if you're just looking for a quick read on vacation or a weekend. Not too intellectually stimulating but, like many of Meg Cabot's books, a good day dream.
Caitlin Brown
Top Ten Reasons WHY You Should Read This Book:

10. It's by Meg Cabot, the brilliant woman behind The Mediator Series, The Princess Diaries and other stuffish.

9. It's a nice break from all those SUPER SERIOUS SMART BOOKS you read and, let's face it, you need a break and some good chick lit. I mean, it's great to constantly improve your mind with salad and oatmeal, but in-between a good candy bar is tasty.

8. The narrator is awesome, awkward and a total dork.

7. It's completely unbelievable and yet
ellemaddy
I love this book. I read it when I was in the fifth grade and when I reread it now it brings back so many old memories, good and bad.

I remember back in fifth grade I had like the biggest crush on these 2 guys who shall remain nameless and I just wouldn't shut up about it. Honestly I'm a bit shocked I got through the fifth grade without getting strangled by my friends at least once. I talked about these 2 guys so much that I started code naming them Jack and David from the character in All-Ameri
Samantha is caught selling celebrity portraits at school and so her mother decides that maybe she needs a creative outlet and signs her up for art classes. Samantha does not want to take art classes, she doesn't think that they would be any use to her, and when she runs it by her older sister's boyfriend, Jack (whom she's secretly in love with) he totally agrees with her. Samantha decides to just go to the first class and then she'll ditch it, but she finds that it is actually kind of interestin ...more
Churin
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook rating:4,5 stars
Content rating: 4 stars

Short, fast-paced and exactly what I imagined Samantha would sounds like!
I really, really enjoy this audiobook. A sweet reminiscent of what my taste as a tween is like!
I definitely couldn't appreciate this book as much as I appreciated it as a silly little girl, but I think it's still a reasonably good book to read for a silly, angsty tween :P
Steph Su
Feb 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites-2
Sophomore Samantha Madison is redheaded, a middle child, left-handed, and, in her opinion, one of the only teenage girls left who have not succumbed to the soul-sucking fashion trends of modern-day society. She's a wannabe radical: she dyed her wardrobe black, and she's in love with her popular older sister Lucy's boyfriend Jack, who's as "radical" as they get.

Sam thinks it's the end of her already lousy world when, as a punishment for bad grades, her parents send her to art lessons at Susan Bo
Bitchin' Reads
I haven't read this in years. It isn't exactly as I remember, but still entertaining. I am really glad I got through the phase of being like Sam fast when I was growing up--the lack of maturity, the know-it-all demeanor...it is grating now, whereas I had been all "YAS GRL" as a middle-schooler/high-schooler. Signs that 10+ years of maturing experiences change one's perspective.
Spencer
Top 10 Reasons I Found This Book Amazing

1. Samantha is genuinely funny. She has a great sarcastic quality. Everything she says/thinks has a bit of an edge to it.

2. Samantha is a bit of a badass. Yes, she jumps on the back of a man with a gun, but even more brave than that was when she confesses how she feels about David.

3. Samantha's confused and messed up and anxious about boys (specifically Jack and David). She's exactly like I was with boys when I was in high school.

4. Samantha has a wonderfu
Qian
Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Madison was an ordinary teenager who has a great talent for drawing, but she has a weird habit is that she only wears black no matter what. Comparing to her two extraordinary sisters she is always the one who is being left out and forgot, but I guess she was satisfied with her life now. Samantha’s older sister named Lucy and she is one of the most beautiful and popular girl in her high school. Her younger sister is also remarkable because she is a genius who attend some special school f ...more
Nasty Lady MJ
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is very interesting to look to from a political perspective. Well, like political time capsule perspective. The early 2000’s were a very different world, politically, for America and it shows in here. Ultra patriotism, right wing administration, pop culture references.

That is purely a Meg Cabot thing. Not a political thing. But still,interesting to see how things have changed in ten years. But I’m not going to bore you with that.

I really did like this book, even after all this
Muse-ic ♬
3.5
Mediocre.
Fun. Frustrating.
Also, I've noticed that most of Meg Cabot's teenage female protagonists are very nearly the same. Sure they look different, but they all asks the same questions, they all have the same tone, most of them are outcasts, and the boys they fall in love with are the boys that correspond to each other in the books.
Another thing they all have in common? They're all insufferably ANNOYING! Like Please Kill me, I can't take any more of this annoying.

Samantha Madison sees a gu
Bipasha
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bipasha by: Especially people who look down upon Chick Lit
3.5 All American Stars. I know, i know, I couldn't get any more obvious and cheeky in the prefixes. My Math Exams tend to do that.

TOP TEN REASONS
Samantha Madison
IS IN DEEP SHIT
(okay, fine, I know every second reviewer has reviewed this way, but I want to, and will anyway...:P)

10. Her big sister is the most popular girl in school
9. Her little sister is a certified genius
8. She's in love with her big sister's boyfriend
7. She got caught selling celebrity portraits in school
6. And now she's bein
Vee Nicole
Relatable, funny, and captivating. It was meant for teens, but this "PG" story was full of PG-13 garbage that's literally ruining kids' lives. IE teens really need to hear about the female reproductive system in vulgar terms. Thanks for the respect and thoughtfulness, Cabot.
Emily Snyder
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, I was SO obsessed with this book when I first read it. I remember thinking about it for a while after, which meant a lot to me at the time. It's been years since I've read it again, but I may have to now!
Neville Longbottom
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I first read this book about 15 years ago when I was 13. I remember loving it because it was just such a fun and ridiculous story. So I was curious to pick it back up again as a 28 year old to see if it’s something I could still enjoy.

All-American Girl follows the story of Sam Madison after she saves the President of the United States from an assassination attempt. In the aftermath she becomes famous overnight, is named as the Teen Ambassador to the United Nations, and… could there be sparks fl
Mela
I so regret that I don't know a teenage girl (let's say, between 12-16 years old), who can read books in English. I would give her to read 'All-American Girl' immediately, no matter if she would want to or not ;-)

I split YA/teenage (for them, not only about them) novels for two main groups: serious books (often sad, angry etc.) and light, funny books (but not dumb). This one belongs to the latter.

It was deliciously funny (I have laughed out loud) and also really wise. It was a rather short book,
Deyse
Review originally posted here.

I've lost count on how many times I read this book, All-American Girl is one of my favorite Cabot's books and when I was younger a yearly re-read was obligatory. As usual with books/movies that are favorites of mine on the past, upon a re-read things change, some things that I remembered remained the same and others not so much.

The thing that most changed for me was the way Samantha voice sounded, she seemed a lot more judgmental and immature on the way she faced th
Nancy
The name of this book is called "The all american girl" by Meg Cabot. She saved the presidents life and she thinks that her life is so horrible!She gets a feeling that the presidents son. shes taking all of these art lessons and she doesn't like any bit of her life. Everything's just so crazy for her at school and at home. Her sister is hot according to everyone and she knows every bit about relationships and everything in between. Her younger sister is talented and she just don't think that sh ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Meg Cabot's books are such time-capsules, which can make them delicious bits of nostalgia...but it can also reflect less delightful stuff, like use of the r-word, though admittedly the heroine of this book does think about how that's not a good word to use.

Mostly, All-American Girl skewed to the younger side of YA, and it reminded me heavily of the weaker aspects of The Princess Diaries. Sam's convinced she's in love with her sister's boyfriend for such a long time, and her character arc feels s
Kayla Hamilton
May 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: neone who likes 2 read teen romance novels
Recommended to Kayla by: myself. I bought it. Then after a yr or so of buying it, I got b
This was my 1st romance novel that I ever read.
It's really good, and really sweet.
I love ne kind of teen romance novel.

If U like to trick things up a lil' bit, wat u can do is when your reading a teen love story, make/Imagine the main girlfriend, or girl as u, and the boyfriend, or the guy love interest, as someone u like. Like a boyfriend, or even a singer or actor like I do :).

But I LOVE this book.
I'm writing my own teen novel write now, and I made the guy's name David, just like the guy's nam
Selva Subramanian
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
It is meant for YA readers. But I liked it. It had almost the same template as that of The princess diaries series. A high-schooler with her own funny ideals, not so popular in school, has a crush on somebody, does something that propels her to be the toast of the town, another boy walks into her life, confused as to who she really is in love with, and finally a happy ending for everybody. Meg Cabot's trademark humor and smooth writing keep the book fun. It is not hilarious like some of The Prin ...more
Prabh⚔
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: i-m-salty
*claps* Wow!!!! I don't know how this managed to be so so so freaking offensive and I am fucking mad right now.

Also, it was so boooring. ugh. I feel like my eyeballs have exploded.

Bye

RTC maybe
Churin
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I just realized I never reviewed one of my favorite book in middle-grade lol
Let me re-read it and write this a review :3
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
This book made me more obsessed with burgers and drawing and making lists then anything I had ever read!! It was very cute and funny!
Jwaria
((:: This makes me so happy.
Katherine Varga
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reread, 2019
I read this book so many times as a tween that reading it again as an adult was a bit uncanny. Like, I remembered entire sentences. This is probably the source of my abiding love of cheesy YA romances. Meg Cabot's voice is always so vibrant - colloquial and pop-culture-filled and occasionally deceptively smart. And often ridiculous.

It was a blast to read as an adult (mostly in a "wow I can't believe this book was my life in 5th grade and I never thought twice about the U.S. president trying to c
Jennifer Burton
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very easy read. Could not put it down
Nikoleta
Dec 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-8-ir-book
All- American Girl is about Sam, who is a really good artist but gets a bad grade in German and her mom sends her to art classes for her punishment. There Sam meets David who tells her that she has really cute boots and that staples to her mind. Although she is in love with her sister's boyfriend. The second time she is supposed to go to art class she decides that she wants to skip it. Just before she gets picked up Sam sees the President and this guy that wants to shoot him. Somehow Sam jumps ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
H
Nov 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! It was hilarious, like all of Meg Cabot's books, and there was the usual boy-meets-girl-and-they-eventually-end-up-happily-ever-after element that I seem to find essential. I really liked the plot and the setting, too. Like, how she saves the president's life and is suddenly an international hero or whatever. And it was nice that she didn't let it go to her head, which is something that most authors do to their characters. Sam stayed true to herself and what she believed, ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: #44 - All American Girl 1 2 Feb 29, 2016 12:17PM
lots of fun 11 53 Jan 18, 2016 03:19PM
sis2019: Evelyn Chua Informal Review 2 2 5 Jan 13, 2016 10:22PM
A Million More Pages: YA BR - All American Girl (All American Girl #1) - Nov 15 10 12 Dec 03, 2015 08:58AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: All american girl by Meg Cabot --> Starting 14th March 2015 26 27 Mar 17, 2015 04:57AM
Was it obvious that Sam was going to fall in love with David 3 25 Nov 17, 2014 08:58PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: All-American Girl 1 18 May 31, 2013 12:21PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Caribbean Cruising
  • Royally Jacked (Royally Jacked, #1)
  • Speak
  • Family Affairs (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #3)
  • Simply Alice (Alice, #14)
  • Tall Cool One (A-List, #4)
  • Bad Kitty (Bad Kitty, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Animal Attraction
  • If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader (Cheerleader Trilogy, #1)
  • Rich Girls (Confessions of a Teen Nanny, #2)
  • The Princess & the Pauper

All-American Girl (2 books)
  • Ready or Not (All-American Girl, #2)
“Being brave is when you have to do something because you know it is right, but at the same time, you are afraid to do it, because it might hurt or whatever. But you do it anyway.” 813 likes
“My heart is broken.
It really is. All the signs are there. I can't sleep- not even burgers. Every time the phone rings, my pulse leaps... But it's never for me, it's never him.”
251 likes