Start by marking “Running with the Reservoir Pups (Eddie and the Gang with No Name)” as Want to Read:
Running with the Reservoir Pups (Eddie and the Gang with No Name)

Running with the Reservoir Pups

(Eddie and the Gang with No Name #1)

Eddie has a bad habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Otherwise, he never would have gotten mixed up with the Reservoir Pups, the scrappy gang of boys who rule the streets in his new town. And he definitely wouldn’t have agreed to their initiation mission: to break into the hospital his mom works at. It’s just Eddie’s luck that he stumbles upon some twisted ...more
Library Binding, 272 pages
Published January 11th 2005 by Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Running with the Reservoir Pups, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running with the Reservoir Pups

Louise
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
oh dear, I cannot believe Bateman has written a book I dont love, I know its not an adult book, and I am willing to factor that in... BUT...

it started so well, but I did think that killing 12 babies just to look younger was a tad over the top for kids book.... THEN the forgotten children came along, and that just felt wrong, in fact felt like it should have been a whole other sci-fi book,,
the characters of Eddie and Albino kid would prob work well in other stories, just not for me this time (sor
Tim Carson
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Fans of Colin Bateman's darkly comic, adult crime fiction should try introducing their (older) children to the author via his series of novels featuring Eddie Malone.

Running With The Reservoir Pups (published in the UK as just Reservoir Pups) is the first of three novels to feature Eddie and introduces us to him and his family. Or more acurately his mum because Eddie's dad was killed by dragons or was it aliens - or at least he was according to Eddie. Unsurprisingly Eddie's dad wasn't really ki
Annie
Jun 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 4th graders on up
Eddie's parents have split up and his mother has moved him into the city--where it isn't hard for him to find trouble. Eddie gets mixed up with the Reservoir Pups, one of the gangs of boys in his new town who give him an initiation mission to break into the hospital where Eddie's mom works to steal the security codes. Although it doesn't quite go as planned, Eddie learns of a sinister kidnapping plan which sends him on an adventure of twists and turns, where no one is quite who they seem to be.

G
Nancy
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it! Started stronger than it finished, I thought...The Forgotten children part was a little weird/weak....at first thought it was going to be along the lines of Geek Love, there, for a minute, (favorite book in my 20s) but then it sputtered right there. And the villian? Perfect. The mom, a bit sketchy (incomplete, not shady). Will see if 12yo son will go for it-- not quite as exciting as Alex Rider, but then that's why I like it.
Virginia Brace
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: junior-fiction
Definitely entertaining and I would read the next crazy adventure too. They kid is only trying to do the right thing and he keeps getting into trouble. Isn't that what every boy thinks is the story of his life?
Amy
Jul 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
HORRIBLE
Lauren Johnson
Sep 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
the best book in the world!
Rhiannon
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: great
Good book!! Aimed maybe towards 9-10 year olds
Emma
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot until I reached the reveal at the end and it got a bit silly but it did manage to revive itself and finish on a normal note. An all round good read.
Elie
Nov 17, 2014
Graham
Feb 16, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Colin Bateman was a journalist in Northern Ireland before becoming a full-time writer. His first novel, Divorcing Jack, won the Betty Trask Prize, and all his novels have been critically acclaimed. He wrote the screenplays for the feature films of Divorcing Jack, Crossmaheart and Wild About Harry. He lives in Northern Ireland with his family.

Eddie and the Gang with No Name (3 books)
  • Bring Me the Head of Oliver Plunkett