Start by marking “Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1)” as Want to Read:
Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1)

Must-Have Husband

(Summer Grooms #1)

MUST-HAVE HUSBAND
Fall for Love. Take a Chance...

A sweet comedic tale about love and taking chances. Based on a true tradition!

Book 1 of 4 in the Summer Grooms Novella Series

City girl Connie Oliver has a hard time hanging on to men, grooms in particular. Just nine weeks before her wedding, she’s seen another one slip away. To make matters worse, her ailing grandfather’s
Published March 1st 2013 by Winter Wedding Press (first published February 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Must-Have Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must-Have Husband

Start your review of Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1)
Cyndi
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Good short novella. Connie is nursing a broken heart because her fiancé so she goes camping with her sister. Mac has lost his business to fire and he also goes camping. Not my choice for depression, but to each his own.
Connie offers Mac cash to pose as her fiancé for her ill grandfather. What I liked most in this book was the role reversal from the average love story. Mac is the cute klutz and Connie has the rich family.
Cynthia
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Falling

The first time Mac & Connie met he fell out of a tree on her. She and her sister Linda were in a bike and got caught in a rain storm and then got lost. Connie was getting over her boyfriend dumping her again. The family doesn't realize they broke up and are still planning the wedding. So the girls being Mac home because it's her grandfather wish to have all the women in the family marry in the dress.
Courtney
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Okay, Okay, Okay

I don't know if it's just because I had such a connection to a previously read book, or if I just am not in the mood for a novel such as this one- but I did not feel the pull to this novel that I normally do when I am reading a new novel. I will definitely have to try again later.
Stacey Raymond
Aug 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
There were some mildly entertaining scenes, but I didn't feel like there was much depth to the characters, world building, or the plot. For people who enjoy romances this is probably great for them. The romance was clean.
Grace Augustine
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darling short read

Ginny Baird has been one of my favorite authors from her first book. I've followed her career from the beginning, and I honestly can say her stories are sweet, thought provoking, and a must read.
Susan
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comedy of errors

We all misunderstand at times. We also get clumsy and klutz around. Sometimes comedy relief isn't relieving at all. But the readers of Must Hàve Husband will get laughs at the expense of this Novella's characters.
Cassey
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
A short and sweet read.
Michelle
I liked the plot but it was slow and a bit boring
Barbara Packard
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

It was a fun story to read. I did feel like I had read it before. Being a novella it couldn't be as detailed as I would have liked but still enjoyable.
Cheryl
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Very light read but just what I needed after finishing a very dark series.
Ellen White
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Connie and Mac meet while camping, sharing what they have lost. Offered to pose, and be paid to act as her fiancé for her ill grandfather. Cute story in this she was the rich one.
james a. wilcox
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Enjoyed this little hearted a nd funny book. I am going to download the others in the series and read them.
Keba
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.8 Nice, short, and sweet.
Julie Barrett
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
MUST-HAVE HUSBAND By Ginny Baird

“Mac” McCormack is at his friend Hank's lodge and is going to do some hiking and camping. His store burned down and the insurance company says there's a clause about forest fires.
Connie Oliver is at the mountain with the girls. A girls weekend and she is then to be married. Problem is Walt has moved onto somebody new already and moved in with her.
Their grandfather raised all the girls and he wants to see this last one married wearing the hand me down wedding
Bernie
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romantic comedy written by author Ginny Baird.
Dora Hiers
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
After her latest fiance dumped her (#3 or 4?), Connie Oliver needs a groom and a wedding to satisfy her beloved grandfather. Mac McCormack needs money to rebuild his camping store after a forest fire destroyed it. Their cute meet in the wilderness extends to Mac masquerading as her fiance in exchange for enough money to begin the rebuilding.

"Sometimes you had to make sacrifices in order to achieve your goals."

This was the first book that I've read by Ginny Baird, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Kathie (katmom)
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ms. Baird put a lot of heart in just a few pages (59 I think). This was a funny romp through the woods and on the dance floor. Connie and her sister are really not great at the outdoors stuff and they need saving. Too bad they guy they find appears to have been trying to hang himself (he wasn't). Their fear of the great outdoors was just the start of the laughs. There's a scene with THE WEDDING DRESS that had me laughing out loud!

Mac needs that down payment and it seemed like such an easy way to
Ashley Shannon
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet comedic tale about love and taking chances. Connie Oliver just lost another groom 9 weeks before the wedding. Her grandfather has one final wish...to see her married. Enter Mac McCormack. He owns a sporting goods store that was burned down and needed cash to rebuild. Ginny and Mac come to an agreement that will help both of their problems. I laughed and teared up while reading this, it definitely has the feels to it.
Jane
In Must Have Husband, Mac the hunk of a mountain man falls out of a tree at the feet of Connie who needs a groom. The funny adventure begins for this mismatched couple to a happily ever after ending. The story offered lots of humor with some really funny situations, a good love story and all in a family setting, not that the family was trying to help the mountain man with the sweet rich girl.
Rob. C.
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a fun story but not my favorite from Ginny Baird. It had some funny moments but things happened a little too fast and ended a little too soon.
It's an enjoyable, quick read if you want to chill out over the weekend or on the beach, but if you haven't read other books by this author, I would recommend starting with other books, like The Christmas Catch, My Lucky Groom or Baby Be mine, my personal favorites to date.
Carla Cabrera
This started out great but ended in a whirlwind. I felt that Connie and Mac really liked each other and were headed in the direction of love, but I couldn't believe that they were already in love after a couple days then the books went into fast forward. First with a 6week jump then a 6 month jump. He story wasn't developed enough to support jumps in time.

This had lots of promise and with many additional pages it could have been a good read.
Anngela
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It was a very short story. Once I was able to sit and read I finished it in a few hours. It's very cute. The characters were pulled together and introduced very well. I can't wait to read more of the series.
Bette Hansen
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a fun, sweet, quick read. The premise of the story is great but I felt it moved at a break neck pace so I never really felt a connection with the characters. Still it was an enjoyable afternoon read.
Nancy Goldberg
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short, funny novella. I loved the hero and heroine, as well as the secondary characters. I'm a sucker for a book where I get to laugh a lot. The cover is beautiful. I won an ARC for the book in a contest, and I'm glad I did.
Jo
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 100-to-199-pages
I love contemporary romances that are full of humor and Must-Have Husband is full of humor. Connie Oliver is one lucky woman to find a hunky man like "Mac" McCormack when he falls out of a tree on top of her. This stars a fun and humorous romance with a happy ending.
Princess Thuy
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Another sweet and clean romance. This story had some cute and funny moments too. I'm used to hot sexy scenes in my romance stories but this story really didn't need it.
Morgan
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-read, 2013
Comedic, a little slapstick, but sweet and cute.
Cici
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Fun and sweet. Could not feel the connection.
Victoria
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Sophie
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
A little bit cheesy and fairly predictable, but a sweet, light-hearted story if you're looking for a quick, short read.

• The Party (Dear Santa, #1)
  • Who's the Daddy (Crescent Cove, #3)
  • On the Market (The Ballard Brothers of Darling Bay, #1)
  • The Matchmaker Club (The Club, #3)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • The Sheriff's Mail-Order Bride (The Watson Brothers #2)
  • Dreaming of You
  • Kiss A Cowboy (Kiss A Cowboy Series Book One)
  • Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4)
  • No Time for Surprises (No Brides Club, #6)
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Seducing the Billionaire's Wife
  • Runaway Bride (Magnolia Beach #1)
  • The Conflicted Billionaire (The Conflicted Love Series #1)
  • Seaside Dreams (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers, #1)
  • True-Blue Texan
  • The Color of the Season (The Color of Heaven Series #7)
  • The Secret Santa Wishing Well (Secret Santa, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Ginny Baird writes sweet contemporary romance with a dash of humor and a whole lot of heart. She has a new book out from Hallmark Publishing (An Unforgettable Christmas) and an upcoming romantic comedy with Entangled Publishing (The Duplicate Bride) in late 2020. Visit Ginny’s website to learn more about her and her books.
www.ginnybairdromance.com

Summer Grooms (4 books)
  • My Lucky Groom (Summer Grooms #2)
  • The Wedding Wish (Summer Grooms, #3)
  • The Getaway Groom (Summer Grooms, #4)