Start by marking “Antithesis” as Want to Read:
Antithesis

Antithesis

My name is Gavyn.

Liam doesn’t care that I only have one arm. He actually likes my red hair and freckles. I might forgive him for kidnapping me.

My name is Gavyn.

I lost my Liam. I’ve lost them all. And now it’s my job to make sure they don’t show up again.

My name is Gavyn.

I had a life with Liam, but he couldn’t give me what I need. Then I killed his father. I don’t expect h
Published July 21st 2013 by Inkspell (first published July 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Antithesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Antithesis

Saniya
May 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
After reading the blurb...
Gavyn honey,
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
May 26, 2013 marked it as to-read-i-own
....WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Patrycja
May 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013, reviewed
My name is Gavyn.

Liam doesn’t care that I only have one arm . He actually likes my red hair and freckles. I might forgive him for kidnapping me .

My name is Gavyn.

I had a life with Liam, but he couldn’t give me what I need. Then I killed his father . I don’t expect he’ll forgive me for that.

My name is Gavyn

description

description

I want this book, I crave it, I need it. It's sounds so creepy and deliciuos
Melanie
Mary Joe
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. There are twists and turns, comedy, drama and suspense. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and you will love how it ends. Trust me it is a must read!!!
Connie Jasperson
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Antithesis is the first novel by indie author Kacey Vanderkarr, and is the second book of hers that I have read. She has become one of my favorite authors, and has one of the best, most intriguing covers I’ve seen in a long time.

The Blurb:

My name is Gavyn.

Liam doesn’t care that I only have one arm. He actually likes my red hair and
freckles. I might forgive him for kidnapping me.

My name
Catrina
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I finished Kacey Vanderkarr's Antithesis, and I loved it! It is a classic fantasy romance with unique twists. The plot of the book is distinctive but not overwhelming. The character development is fantastic and the many worlds keep you engrossed and engaged without confusing or loosing you. I would recommend this book to anyone, but especially YA fantasy romance enthusiasts. Also Kacey has another book Reflection Pond that everyone should check out. I haven't gotten a chance to read it but I kno ...more
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
May 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
When I read the description, I was like WTH is going on, but after reading the excerpt a couple of days ago this book keeps popping into my head.
I really loved the protagonists voice and I'm so intrigued by what this story might be about.
Cannot wait!! GIVE ME.
Holly
Oh yeah, this looks FANTASTIC!! Love the cover, but that BLURB draws me in!!
Blythe
May 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
I have no clue whatsoever as to what that synopsis means (multiple personality disorder?), but quite frankly, I don't care. It sounds creepy and I want it now.
Megan (The Book Babe)
Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.

Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.

ACTUALLY 3.5 STARS.

Antithesis was a new kind of read for me-- I'm honestly not into science fiction, but this one just sounded so good that I couldn't resist. The idea of alternate realities is something that I've puzzled on and thought about for days on end, to tell you the truth. Just the idea that someone out there who's the same as me but somehow different just...astounds me.

So anyway, having jumped at the
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
How to review this book without spoilers?

First thing, I just knew that I would like this book after reading the synopsis. After reading it once, I decided that it was worth the risk. After reading it twice, I said go for it. That was it! No third times the charm here.

So if we go by reading the synopsis, most people would be thrown off. I'm all for trying to figure out what's going on.

Alternate realities? I'm usually not a fan because I seem to not be able to keep up with everything. I did,
Natalie
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun book to read. I finished it quickly and loved it!

The story got started quickly, and then there was hardly a dull moment. But I was constantly confused. It took forever for me to finally figure out what was really going on, as far as the real conflict and why Liam and Gavyn were running. That got a little frustrating at times, but if you like to guess what's going on before you find out, it's fun.

It was the kind of book that kept me thinking about the characters when I wasn'
Lisa
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Antithesis was a thrilling, fast-paced rollick through parallel dimensions that I couldn't put down.

First things first, this is great, high-concept story with unique twists and a fabulous premise. The main character, Gavyn, is a sweet, funny girl swept into alternative realities when a gorgeous stranger comes to "rescue her" from one of her other selves. Liam is a cocky, hilarious love interest with suprising layers of hidden depth.

I love the idea of parallel realities and the way these two char
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
May 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
I'm really curious about this book...because I can't make ass from elbow of the synopsis, and yeah okay I admit it was the cover that drew me in....but am I the only one who realizes that Gavyn is a boy name? Is it a boy in love with another boy, or a girl with a boy name in love with a boy?!
Lindsey Lewis
Oct 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
>my name is Lindsey
>i had a life without antithesis
>then i read the blurb
>and i was like

>*enters giveaway*
>my name is Lindsey
Lana
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The characters are well developed and the story is one of a kind. It had me laughing, crying and on the edge of my seat. Wonderful read!
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
(View this review on My Library in the Making.)

Antithesis didn't turn out the way I'd thought it would. That blurb is so vague, so misleading, that my jaw dropped when I found that my theory about this book couldn't be farther from the truth. And if you're wondering, I'd assumed this book was psychological, that Gavyn was crazy. She wasn't.

Now, before you stick around any longer, I'll tell you that I plan to be as vague as possible in this review and keep the air of secrecy that the blurb-writer
Josie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, how many of you are like, "What?" "Huh?" "Uhhhh..." That was exactly my reaction at first sight too. When i first read the synopsis, I was like, "Ummm...okay? So this is about Gavyn who has red hair and one arm..." Let me tell you though, Antithesis by Kacey Vanderkarr is so much more than this synopsis. In fact, that vagueness is what initially drew me in. I had to know more. So on one hand this was a stroke of genius for our YA world where by reading a back cover you can almost guess (so ...more
Jackie
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We first meet Gavyn on a snow day. A day where you don’t have to do anything but curl under your covers. Gavyn’s peace is disturbed when she hears thumps outside her door. Soon a hot guy comes bursting through the door and transports her to another world. Gavyn immediately thins she is dreaming. But, this is no dream. Liam, the hot guy, begins to explain to Gavyn about multiple worlds with multiple Gavyn’s and multiple Liam’s. When Gavyn shifts from these worlds while being chased she begins to ...more
Ryan Snyder
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
First of all, let me just say that I love, love, love characters with physical or mental limitations. I am tired of PERFECT characters who are just sooo pretty and witty. I mean, I love em, but sometimes I want to read about a different character besides the strong willed gorgeous brunette with long, beautiful hair. You know the theme. Anyway, I love that and the.. um.. world she creates. ;) I am trying to do this without spoiling it for anyone who wants to read the book.

Gavyn is dorky and n
Liralen
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Whoever wrote the back copy is very good. Also very misleading.

The heroine: Gawky. Impossible, untamable red hair. Awkwardness of the 'I carried a watermelon' sort. One arm. (The missing arm, incidentally, makes for a nice plot point -- it puts Gavyn in a unique position, but perhaps not in the way you'd expect.) Gets sick at the sight of violence. Does what she has to anyway.

The hero: Incapable of a straight answer. Somewhat dirty mind. Very much the bad boy. Not my type at all. Fans of Cassand
Megan VanLuven
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked and would recommend this book! The ideas and world created are very unique and fascinating.
The characters are kind of blah and Liam's cockiness got on my nerves. Their romance was very young and not something I could relate too. I did have an appreciation for the way the author included the desperate lust most teenagers feel, but kept the characters responsible within their desires. I have an appreciation for the impact her characters can make on young adults.

The story kind of dr
Jenna
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars this was an interesting read. I liked the characters especially Gavin. Gavin by the way is not a girls name. The world building was good, the love building was well done. The concept off alternate worlds is not new but I liked the way the plot and characters were woven in to a great read.
Gavin is having a very nice nap on a snow day when she wakes up because somebody is making a lot off noise in her house, to be specific behind her door. Maybe it's a burglar? no, it's just Liam who's h
Tiffanie
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this book at the release party and finally had a chance to read it. I was a bit worried at first that I wouldn't like it, it's not what I normally pick up to read. To be fair the story started off a little slow (I had an advantage I knew what it was about so the book didn't throw me off like it did for most people). I loved the way each reality was shown and how you got to even see the people from those other realities. That was cool. It took me about five chapters in to really get pulled ...more
Angela
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I read books it usually takes me about a month to finish them, this book took me 2 days because I could not put it down! It was soo good! Everything in it kept me captivated for hours! It was one of the best books I've ever read! I love gavyn and and I really want Liam to be a real person! The characters are amazing and I love the whole concept of the book! It was extremely creative and just an all together amazing book! I loved it!
Stephanie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found myself wrapped up in Antithesis! The book was well written with interesting ideas and a little romance sprinkled in. It kept me guessing until the end, and wondering about my own opposite. I started this book Sunday night, and had a hard time putting it down to get to work on time. I found myself daydreaming about what was to come and couldn't wait to get home to finish it! Great book, awesome story and definitely recommend!
Erin Guttersohn
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am out of what I believe would be the 'target audience' and still found it amazing. It was written in a way that was easy to read and the story had a nice flow.
Katy
Aug 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: aa-read-review, ebook
Thank you Fiction Addiction tours for drawing my name to win this book! Looking forward to reading it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Secret for a Song
  • Unbreathable
  • Ashes and Ice (Ashes and Ice, #1)
  • Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
  • Wench With Wings
  • Plague in the Mirror
  • Colonial Madness
  • Junior
  • The Fallen Prince (Keepers of Life, #2)
  • Once Upon A Second Chance
  • Të gjithë tulipanët e botës
  • Tainted (Broken, #2)
  • The Reluctant Hallelujah
  • Revelations (The Elysium Chronicles, #2)
  • Ask Me
  • Ghost Time
  • No Angel
  • Relax, I'm a Ninja (Relax, I'm a Ninja, #1)
KACEY VANDERKARR has a penchant for fantasy and frequently listens to the voices in her head—most of whom are teenagers. Her favorite place to write is an old salon chair in her kitchen, with coffee in one hand and adoring cats sprawled across her arms. She prefers her music loud and her skeptics quiet. When she’s not writing, Kacey coaches winterguard, works as a sonographer, and hangs out with o ...more