Start by marking “The Power of Ambition” as Want to Read:
The Power of Ambition

The Power of Ambition

Published (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Ambition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Ambition

Paul
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've gone through a lot of Jim Rohn's programs. Sometimes they are highly repetitive. In this case, it's more like finding an old friend and continuing on from where you left off. You get to know the person and what he stands for. This is not really about ambition. This is more about life in general. Getting things done right and making a better life for yourself. I've seen a lot of self-help crap out there and this is certainly not it. Jim Rohn makes you think and the more something makes you t ...more
Terry Koressel
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been reading (and listening) to Jim Rohn since the 1980's. He is truly inspiring. A terrific speaker and writer. I've listened to The Power of Ambition many times as an audio book. The timeless message is just as valuable to me today in my late 50's as it was in my early 20's. Be ready for some tough love also....his message is all about personal responsibility. You are responsible for your own success. If you succeed, you created that success. If you fail, you created that failure. It's yo ...more
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Make sure your upcoming success is at the service of others, not at the expense of others". ~ Jim Rohn, The Power of Ambition

This is a great program and I had a hard time putting it down, as it contains so much on personal development; however, in a communication style that is down to earth and makes sense.

Mohammad
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
حداقل هشتاد درصد مطالب این کتاب جملات امریه. این کار رو بکن. اون کار رو نکن. که خیلی هم ربطی به جاه طلبی ندارن. یک کتابی عمومی در مورد موفقیته که بیشتر انگیزشیه تا آموزشی. تیتر کتاب همه چیز رو نشون می ده.
ارزشش رو نداشت.
Quinn Spicker
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Without Jim Rohn we probably would never have had Tony Robbins. I give him massive credit for this. A lot of the ideas in this book were likely once original -- that being said, for anyone familiar with the Tony Robbins or even the personal development field in general there's not too much new here.
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
we will all miss this guys work...a great leader who left a beter world behind and this training was no exception to his excellent work that has helped me in many ways

Waseem Mirza
Jeff
Aug 01, 2015 added it
Jim Rohn has some amazing ideas! Worth a revist and will have to revisit in the future to refresh those ideas
Jim Loeffler
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! So much wisdom, presented in a clear-cut, no BS way. You either choose to take action toward achieving your goals (whatever they may be), or you don't.
Mark Manderson
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great advice.
Top takeaways:
We must be happy with what we have while in the pursuit of what we want.
Ask yourself are all your daily engagements you are currently doing taking you to where you want to go?
Today is a direct result of what you did yesterday.
Desiree Finkbeiner
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Success and failure is more closely linked to ambition than any other 'emotion'. The power of will IS ambition. I CAN and I WILL are very important affirmative statements. Those who are not afraid to fail will do whatever it takes to continue trying, passing through many failures on the way to success. Rhon says that 'making measurable progress in reasonable time' is the way to keep ambition alive. Some of the ways he suggests measuring progress is by: list-making, journal-keeping, self-inventor ...more
Jimmy Murphy
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Jim Rohn. His approach on ambition and life is unique and inspiring. One take away that I got from this is that success is the steady progress towards your own goals. There is no one definition of success. Success is not necessarily monetary, but it's living the kind of life you want to live, having the relationships you want to have, having the experiences that are important to you.

So success is the steady progress towards your own personal goals. So in order to really be a su
Julia
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love listening to an audiobook that is read by the author. This is a great book, but having listened to his gathered audio talks, "The Art of Exceptional Living" shortly before I listened to this one, I found that I enjoyed the audio presentation of "Exceptional Living" more, because it was presented before live audiences, and you could hear the enthusiasm in his voice that the live audience brought to him. Even so, he read this book, "The Power of Ambition" admirably, and gets the message acr ...more
Bryce Dickerson
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Timeless wisdom.
Badarudheen Kunnathodi
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
True definition of Ambition, not the one that you would imagine. I really enjoy his books as he keeps a good balance. There are no silver bullets in life.
Jessica
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just like self help books. :)
Stanley Turner
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can improve on several of the reviews I've previously read, this work was like finding an old friend and catching up on everything...
Jose Amezcua
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Jim Rohn's materials. He knew a lot of things that works in business and in life.
Jason Salas
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jim Rohn is amazing. I realized, after listening to this, that I need to up my ambition game. That's a good thing. We can't fix that which we are in denial of needing a fixing.
Diego Leal
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good advice but I hate the narration.
Charis
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal advice from cover to cover. Not a wasted word.
Tarek Omran
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pragmatic actionable & to the point.

I was skeptical about this book for the somewhat cliche title and specially that I thought I am quite driven and don’t need any ambition at the moment.

I WAS WRONG!…I realised that there is a lot more that I was able to take and use. This book is NOT your average motivational “YOU CAN DO IT!” kinda book.

My key take aways:
-First things first, create a GAME PLAN. Create a long, medium, and short term plan. (Tip use pen and paper before digitalising)

-DISCIPLI
Scott Wozniak
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Jim Rohn is an old school motivational speaker. I don't mean that as a criticism. He is literally one of the original guys who helped create that genre. And his book reads that way: a series of pithy statements and "4 keys to success". No scientific studies are cited nor are tactical plans laid out. It's motivation, pure and simple.

I read it mostly to get a feel for one of the guys who shaped so many others (for example, I believe Tony Robbins worked for Jim Rohn before he decided to do his own
Paul Farnam
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I purchased the audiobook version of this classic and boy, was I surprised how much good stuff is packed into it. Jim Rohn gets right to the point of getting you to take action on your goals. This isn't a fluffy, feel-good approach to discovering your secret path. Nope. All the steps are laid out in a clearly defined, step-by-step system. Be prepared to take notes, take action and see immediate results. The book was written many years ago but you might be surprised just how relevant and timeless ...more
Jeff Birk
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Wiet Vande Velde
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Jim Rohn. I really do, although he's passed away, his legend lives on and I catch myself rereading, relistening his stuff over and over again. This guy was an amazing person and has been a huge inspiration for me. If you are stuck, if you need a little push, tap into this guy's mind. Love it!
Mark
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
There was a little too much boot camp in the book, and a little too much talking down. But this was balanced by the bits of wisdom and the good intentions. I liked the emphasis on self-discipline and continuous learning.
Agustín Startari
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not an specific book. The title is a little bit misleading.
Phil Ledru
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very, very good book. Great multiple advice, not sugarcoated, not patronizing either. Simply good and powerful.
Leeza Robertson
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Great audio to plug into first thing in the morning to set you up for success during the day.
Hamdan
Jan 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Worthless book full of non-sense stuff and repeated stuff, read more than half of it based on friend recommendation.
  • How to Reach Your Life Goals
  • It's Called Work for a Reason!: Your Success Is Your Own Damn Fault
  • Unleash the Warrior Within
  • The Psychology of Achievement
  • The Power of Purpose
  • The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line
  • Eight Pillars of Prosperity
  • Uplifting Service
  • One Word That Will Change Your Life
  • Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010
  • Energy Leadership: Transforming Your Workplace and Your Life from the Core
  • Lessons in Mastery
  • The Think and Grow Rich Workbook
  • Supercooperators: The Mathematics of Evolution, Altruism and Human Behaviour {Or, Why We Need Each Other to Succeed}
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • Business Secrets from the Bible: Spiritual Success Strategies for Financial Abundance
  • Good Business: Leadership, Flow, and the Making of Meaning
  • The Art of Negotiating the Best Deal
Emanuel James "Jim" Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.

Rohn was the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking.