Start by marking “Glitter” as Want to Read:
Glitter

Glitter

Glitter is about the female sexual experience, which contrary to what the media would have you believe, is not all bubble baths and chick flicks.

Women are constantly judged as slutty, or uptight, but the reality is somewhere in between those two, and sometimes, nowhere near either. We have secret shames and private desires and we all feel we are the only one.

We are good ch
Published February 2013 by Darling Propaganda, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Glitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glitter

Angie
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What I loved the most about Glitter, was knowing it's all true. I am one of the stories. I am one of the Glitter Girls. Being a part of this compilation was not only empowering for me, but also quite therapeutic. These stories vary from scary recollections of first times, to sexy stories of current escapades. There are stories that made me laugh, and ones that made me cry. I kept an open mind while reading, and each author brought something worthwhile to the table. I learned a lot. I felt deeply ...more
Elis
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read all the stories yet, but those I have have been very honest portrayals of women's sexuality and sexual development (full disclosure: I wrote one of them). This is the kind of community project we need to provide a counterpoint to the commodified female sexuality we see in media and advertisements.
Francis Franklin
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bisexual, lgbt, sexuality, true
The rules are simple: 'girls only like boys but good girls don't sleep with boys and you should have a close female friend but if you kiss you're lesbians and that's dirty...'

Are you satisfied with your normality and faintly disapproving of the strange and inappropriate sexual behaviour of certain other women? Or are you one of those other women who only pretends to be a 'good girl'?

This book is a collection of short confessions from women whose sexual experiences and needs do not conform to soc
Delilah Night
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Full Disclosure-I'm one of the glitter girls. I contributed "Invisible Bisexual" under my pen name Delilah Night.

However, I am in love with this anthology. The wide collection of experiences from women of all walks of life displays the complexity of women's sexual journeys. There are virgins, sex workers, moms, the lgbt spectrum, abuse survivors, and everything in between.

If you liked the vagina monologues, you will love this anthology.
Crystal

If you liked the vagina monologues, you will love this anthology.
Diana Stormblessed
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
A collection of stories about women's sexuality. If you've had sexual situations in your past you're unsure of, kinky fantasies you don't want to tell anyone, or any sexual situation you're embarrassed about, you're not alone. These are stories from all kinds of women about all kinds of scenarios: gay, straight, bi, sex workers, adulterers, child's play, kinky fantasies, etc. A great book to make you feel like you're not alone in any situation.
Courtney
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful stories put together in a beautiful way.
Christie Palmer
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2013, adultreadhothot
My Take on the Book
Glitter is a in your face no holds bar telling of stories for woman from regular everyday woman. This was an intriguing read.

Liked:
The unforgiving way Mona Darling tells the stories. Giving voice to stories that wouldn't have otherwise been told. I appreciate Mona Darlings need to show these types of stories with the world. Hiding doesn't mean these types of things don't happen.

Disliked:
As said in the forward of the book, some of the stories might make you uncomfortable a
Cindy Vine
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Even though we have progressed technologically the subject of sex is still a little stuck in the dark ages. It's a taboo subject in that is never fully explored and labeled gutter-talk. Women don't really share their wants and desires which are deemed too personal to discuss. But if you never discuss it and keep all your thoughts secret, then how will people ever know what you desire. Glitter is a ground-breaking book put together by Mona Darling, an ex-dominatrix. This anthology of true stories ...more
Andrea Ika
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
These are stories from all kinds of women about all kinds of scenarios: gay, straight, bi, sex workers, adulterers, child's play, kinky fantasies, etc . several age groups women shared their experiences, thoughts and observations on sexuality. Some of the stories the women shared made me laugh. Some of their stories made me cry. But each contribution was open and honest, offering a new perspective and understanding of the strength and wisdom each of them possess. I really enjoyed reading Glitter ...more
Adriana
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When reading Glitter by Mona Darling, one must have an opened-mind and get ready to read true stories. I read it from the beginning to the end and found it impressive. I like the courage, the openness and “adventures” that made me sad while some actually made me laugh. I am not sure what I really learnt but if I was put in certain sexual predicaments and encounters; I am not sure if I have would reacted the same way. In this anthology, there is only honesty making Glitter a great read.
Micah
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is not exactly erotica and not exactly not. It's somewhere in between. But the best part is that it's real stories from real women. Some are good and some are bad, but each story shares an experience or realization that changed how the woman saw herself and sex. They were all intriguing stories, and I related to a few of them. It was a fascinating read.
Niki Disalvatore
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Glitter. It showed that there are no right or wrongs when it comes to sexual pleasure. It's just what makes you feel good that's important.
Lauren Fleming
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, but then I'm also biased because I'm in it.
Mako.allen
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional. Raw, real, & compelling.
Vicki
Aug 21, 2013
Rachel
Mona Darling
Tutsy Asmus
rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2017
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Womankind Worldwi...: Fighting Sexual Shame 7 127 Apr 16, 2013 07:09PM
Glitterhood: Which story did you identify with? 7 14 Mar 25, 2013 08:51PM
Goodreads Authors...: Glitter: Real Stories From Real Women About Sexual Desire 2 14 Mar 24, 2013 09:07AM