Start by marking “Frailties of the Bond (NEO Chronicles, Characters Revealed #1)” as Want to Read:
Frailties of the Bond  (NEO Chronicles, Characters Revealed #1)

Read Book

Frailties of the Bond

(NEO Chronicles, Characters Revealed)

In Frailties of the Bond, it only takes one bite to change a life…

After a hiking trip gone wrong, sixteen-year-old Luca should have been dead. Since then, he’s drifted from one school day to the next, annoyed by the looks of suspicion. When a vampire attack claimed his mother and forced his first shift into animal form, Luca set out for Texas, vengeance bound, only to disc
Published March 20th 2013 (first published March 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Frailties of the Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frailties of the Bond

~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
My Review
4 Roses

What really intrigued me about this book, in the beginning, was the cover. The blurb and synopsis convinced me to read it, but with such an interesting cover, how can you not be curious? It's not every day you see a guy with white hair and a peacock design on his side...

I have to say, I'm glad I read this book- it's the start of what I'm sure will be a very interesting series. Laying the groundwork for a creative adventure, and introducing unique characters, this book effectively hooked me from
Angela Brown
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rating myself is something of a bit of auto-bias so it's understandable for anyone to take the star rating for this review with a grain of salt.

Actually, that's just fine. I'd love to invite any and all to discover a novella I had a lot of fun writing and enjoyed re-reading.

Frailties of the Bond isn't meant to be a deep exploration of emotions. I desired the end result to be something fun, quick, and - if you read my other novel, Neverlove, then yeah - there's a bit of butt kicking happening. Of
Cecilia Robert
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, paranormal
Frailities of the Bond is a the first novella - NEO - Network of Extraordinaires and Otherwordlies - Chronicles. We enter Luca's world, see him suffer after losing a friend. The events that follow result to Luca finding out who he really is. This is a short story so I'm not sure how much to say without spilling out the plot details. It was really great to follow Luca on his journey of finding out who he really is. Was great fun meeting the other characters as well.
This is a wonderful beginning
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
I really enjoyed Angela Brown's Neverlove, so I hope she's continuing in the vein of multicultural leads in the YA paranormal genre. We really need to see more representation, and who better than an author who's already done an amazing job with her first book.
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

I got this book for review after being part of a blog tour for this book. I think the cover is one of the things that got me interested in this book. I realy liked the cover and the blurb sounded interesting. The story is interesting, but it is fairly short and felt a bit rushed due to that.

The story starts off from two different perspectives, Luca and Aimee. Also they don't even know each other in the begin of the story. I liked the story
Christine Rains
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Luca didn't think his life could get worse after his best friend died in a hiking accident. But then his mother is viciously murdered by vampires and he starts on a journey to find his father that he believed was dead. Aimee is the flesh-born daughter of vampires, something that shouldn't exist. Her world and Luca's collide one night when she's attacked at a rave. For better or worse, their lives are irrevocably tied after that moment.

A magnificent start to the NEO (Network of Extraordinaires an
Stacy Sabala
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Book Review- Frailties of the Bond by Angela Brown

Luca Romano lost his best friend Vivie in a hiking accident. Everyone blames him for not saving her even though he tried. He has become more of an outcast at school. He spends a lot of time at a gym boxing to alleviate his frustration and sadness.
One day when he gets home after a stop at the gym and a boxing match with Vivie’s brother, Luca is shocked to see his front door open. There are two bodies on the floor of the two guests that were stayi
Kimberly Schaaf
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review......and honest I will be. Angela Brown has a new stalker...I mean....fan.....

From the beginning of this novella, I was hooked. Lucas is a character that just grips at your heartstrings fr o m the beginning. So much loss....so much NEWness....the boy is strong. I loved Angela's descriptions of Lucas's look....he seems yummy with a touch of bad-ass. My favorite combination for a hero!!!

I am so intrigued with Aimee's character. Good
Heather McCorkle
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

The most interesting vampire/shifter world since sparkly vampires, and it blows the sparklies away! The characters tugged at my heart and the story tugged at my imagination in the very best way. I am dying to read more in this series and cannot wait for Ms. Brown to release the first full-length book set in this world. This is going on my must-read list of the year!
Mary
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, e-book
Wow, this was a great short story, all I can say is I want more!

Looking to reading some more by Angela Brown, great plot, well developed characters. The words flowed, and was a nice easy, very enjoyable read.

What are you waiting for, get a copy and read it, you will not be disappointed!
Roze Wallin
My Review

Check out my review here!
E
May 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped
Got bored and gave up in the first chapter. I mean come on. The hottest girl in love with the nerdy guy, the whole school mad at him and a peacock magically appearing on his back? Just too ridiculous and cliche for me.
Lamar
Mar 29, 2017
Vivek
Mar 01, 2013
Angela Brown
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rayven Godchild
Monica
Aug 10, 2014
Kristal Mcclure
Jul 31, 2014
Born and raised in Little Rock, AR, Angela now calls Central Texas home.

Reading and writing have been lifelong passions. It was around the time she gave birth to her forever-love, nicknamed Chipmunk, that she really took writing seriously. After all, how could she teach her child to follow her dreams if she hadn't tried herself?

As a YA fantasy/sci-fi reader and author, she favors the magical, myst

NEO Chronicles, Characters Revealed (2 books)
  • Atone (NEO Chronicles, Characters Revealed #2)