Start by marking “Flight (Flight #1)” as Want to Read:
Flight (Flight #1)

Flight (Flight #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The first rule of survival in the Underground: When you’re outside, keep your eyes on the skies. Ace Harpy Hunter Piper Madden is used to danger, but the death of her brother slams the brakes on her high-torque lifestyle and leaves her broken and confused.

On the run from the dictating Elder Corporation, she’s eventually found in the quiet undergound city of Ichton and aske
Published April 1st 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight

Jess
5 fangirling, glitter covered stars
Wow.
What. A. Book!

My first harpy book and I loved it!
Definitely my favourite read of the year so far!
The setting, the characters and the plot were all amazing.
I love the post-war world that Leggett has created.
Piper was such a fantastic kick-ass protagonist! So strong and determined.
And Asher, well...

GIFSoup

During the last ten per cent of the book I went from this...

To this...

GIFSoup

I still feel as if my heart was ripped out and trampled over.
YOU HAVE
Lindsay
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
5 stars for effort? ;)
Nicole Pramik
This was a case where I was attracted to this book thanks to its cool cover and intriguing blurb more so than the actual story. That's not to say this is a poorly-written novel; so this is going to be more of a "it's-not-you-it's-me" sort of review.

To start, I really do love the book's external design. I own a physical copy and it is stupendous in terms of its artwork and color. Not to mention it's a matte cover, which I really like as it gives the book a nice look and feel. Furthermore, the ima
Brianna
Feb 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I'd like to thank the author, Lindsay Leggett, for giving a copy of this book in exchange for my review.

I thought this book was pretty interesting. I really liked the characters, and the world that the author invented was pretty original, what with the combination of paranormal and dystopian elements. These two genres mixed pretty seamlessly with romance and mystery to create a fairly unique and interesting book.

I really liked the main character, Piper. She was strong, smart, and witty. I di
Jack
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued by Flight right from reading the blurb and, after checking out the short interlude 'Case 501' and some of the vlogs on the book's launch website, Flight queue jumped right to the top of my TBR pile.

After an intense prologue, the book starts with Piper living in a beautifully described dystopian underground city as the radioactive skies outside are patrolled by legions of Harpies; a type of winged-human with mutant regenerative abilities. At first the premise seems like a simple c
Char
Wow, it got going at about 40% and became super awesome!! Review in the next few days!

FULL REVIEW:

For my Pre read thoughts and reasons for rating please visit my blog, From the Shadows I Review

Okay, where to start. This book for me is the ultimate slow burner. It took me a week to actually get off chapter one. I’d pick it up, I’d put it down. I wasn’t feeling it and I REALLY wanted to! So I decided to take it on a chapter by chapter basis, a little here, a little there. Load it up and read it
Sharon Sant
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I must mention before I write my review that I was given a copy of this book by the author, however, this is my honest opinion.

This was a beautifully written book. I can't express enough how much I love the way Lindsay Leggett uses language. The world she creates is vivid and convincing. It's a brilliant and clever premise that I wish I'd thought of! The characters are well rounded and have depth. In fact, Asher is more than well rounded, he's incredibly crush-worthy!

I felt like I was left han
Christianna Marks
You can read this and many other reviews on my YA book blog The White Unicorn!

Guys, this book was epic. As epic as your favorite video game or your favorite adventure movie. In fact that whole time I was reading it I was thinking "this would be an awesome comic book." It just has that vibe to it. But in all honesty I don't really like to read comic books and so this novel was the perfect compromise for me! Leggett has created a world with heavy layers of intrigue that will leave you wondering wh
Stacey at The Bookish Loner
More Reviews:

REVIEW

Flight takes place in a world polluted and unlivable due to radiation. Humans are living underground, or if they are made of money, in zones where the air is clean. Our MC is Piper Madden, she was born with a type of blood/gene that only Hunters have. Hunters are given the job to track down Harpies and kill them. Harpies are creatures who have evolved over the years and feed on humans.

The story starts off with the Prologue telling us that Piper and her love interest, Asher,
Kelley
I found out about this book due to the book blitz hosted by Xpresso Reads, and I’m so glad I did! Not only was I intrigued by the gorgeous cover, but the blurb truly caught my attention with the mention of harpies. So you can imagine my excitement when I won a copy of it in a giveaway!

I do tend to approach indie / self-published books with a bit of trepidation, but my fears were not manifested with Flight — thank goodness! What I got was a fun, vivid story. I loved how visual this book was, and
Lyle Appleyard
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book as part of the GoodReads Giveaway. I received this book awhile ago. The author sent me a signed and personalized book. I like that.

I felt the author did a great job in developing the character of the lead heroine(Piper) of the story. I felt a real emotional investment in her and was concerned about what would happen to her. The other characters were developed enough to explain their actions and reactions in the story. There was plenty of action and there could have
Nykki
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled on this book while hunting Amazon, and was sucked in from the first page. I literally put everything on hold to finish this book.
Her MC has a very strong voice and relatable personality. You are rooting for her the whole time. Lindsay Leggett also builds a vivid world that is unforgettable. I have a slim list of Indie authors that I will follow to the ends of the planet. She is one of them; I am dying to get my hands on the sequel.
I felt so strongly about it that I gifted it to a coup
Katie Edmonds
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. It took me a while to settle in because there is a lot of info unloaded on you at once (as well as some really big questions) but once I did I was impressed with the world and characters the author built. This is a complex, dystopian story that manages to stand on its own. The romance is...epic. I was going to cut someone at one point towards the end but the ending turned out to not be as bad as it looked. This is not a standalone book but I didn't find it to be a cliffhanger because ...more
Kristin Ravelle
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Flight is a great debut novel for Lindsay and I really liked her strong heroine, Piper, and very unique and well-plotted story.

This is a dystopian, post-apocalyptic scenario where some humans have mutated into winged beings, harpies, that kill humans. The Elder Corp trains special human hunters to protect the population and Piper is their legendary best.

?here is no doubt that Piper is tough and pragmatic but even legendary hunters face hard situations and Piper has lost her brother and fellow hu
Heidi
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The characters were far more then I could ever imagine. Great read
Joy
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I love all the characters, especially Asher. The story was good from the beginning and the ending was infuriating. Looking forward to reading book 2.
Andulici
Jasmine
Apr 18, 2015
Suzanne
Nov 06, 2016
Readers Delight: Flight by Lindsay Leggett -- YA Sci-fi INT giveaway 1 3 May 01, 2013 10:10AM
The YA/NA Blogger...: Flight by Lindsay Leggett 1 5 Apr 26, 2013 10:55AM
Excerpt and Giveaway 1 4 Apr 26, 2013 05:22AM
New Adult Corner: This topic has been closed to new comments. Online launch sponsors 1 13 Mar 20, 2013 08:06PM
  • Bound to Me
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Fire Always Burns
  • Captive (Behind the Stars, #1)
  • Mythology: The Wicked (Mythology #2)
  • Tethers (the Tethers trilogy #1)
  • Secrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines
  • Arrow of the Mist (Arrow of the Mist, #1)
  • Relic
  • Winged Descent (The Winged Trilogy, #1)
  • The Puppet Spell
  • Lush (Lush, #1)
  • Possession (Fevered Souls #1)
  • To Rise Again
  • Broken Star
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • Shucked
  • The Shore of Monsters
Nearly every writer struggles to put together information about themselves, perhaps because we’re so used to detailing the lives and ways of others. For the most part I am a writer, editor, photographer, and all-around artist living in the wilds north of Toronto, Ontario. I thrive on the juxtaposition of beauty and grit, enjoy urban crawls, indie everything, and time well-spent in the woods.

#
Burni
More about Lindsay Leggett...

Flight (2 books)