Start by marking “Screw the Fags (Screwing the System, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Screw the Fags (Screwing the System, #1.5)

Screw the Fags

(Screwing the System #1.5)

Resisting temptation has never been so much fun!

When Cosmo Rawlins makes a special request for his upcoming birthday, his toppy boyfriend strikes a deal with him: if Cosmo gives up smoking, Alasdair will buy him a car. What Alasdair doesn’t realise, however, is that a week of keeping a close eye on his bratty submissive will test the very limits of his libido.

Warning:

wri

Published February 21st 2013 by Josephine Myles

To ask other readers questions about Screw the Fags, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Sofia
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

This was very necessary after reading Screwing the System. It showed me a bit of Cosmo and Alasdair ten months on and they seem to have grown together. I loved seeing them comfortable with each other. Part of the happy ever after feeling which we romantics crave.

Ingie
3 1/2 Stars - a lovely short sequel about a unique couple - ...nice to meet them again

I loved Alasdair and Cosmo's lovely story in Screwing the System (my review) and this free mini sequel (35 pages) gave me a brief meeting with them ten months after the novel ended.

Their HEA life rolls on but there are still some small issues to be resolved. Cosmo wants a driver's license and a car. Alasdair want Cosmo to quit with smoking. Time for more rules in the house...
 photo image_zps79ae67ea.jpg

“All I can think about is lighting
Josephine Myles
Feb 21, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Screw the Fags is my way of giving something back to my readers, and of tying off one of the loose ends remaining at the end of Screwing the System: Cosmo’s smoking habit. I really enjoyed this chance to revisit the two characters ten months into their relationship and explore how their approach to domestic discipline had developed over time.

I know that some of the people reading this as a freebie probably won’t have read the original story, and I did my best to avoid giving spoilers. I hope rea
Sara
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sara by: Ann
Oh a chance to visit with Alasdair and Cosmo again was one I was not going to pass up. This baby was even free! Talk about a double treat for me.

This was again, fun, sexy, hot and the BEST follow up to Screwing the System to see what they boys are up to. Oh yeah, what ARE they up to?
“You look like you’re planning some kind of sadistic challenge for me.”

“Oh yes. I most certainly am.”

Like the summary says; Cosmo wants a car and Alasdair wants him to stop smoking. They make a deal and wha
Awilk -never sleeps-
What a great little read to let us catch up with Alasdair and Cosmo. I truly enjoyed this but I do wish it was longer.

Alasdair has wonderful ways to help Cosmo give up smoking.

This was a short, hot, sexy little read.
Monique
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
Review to come...
Danny Tyran
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, d-s, gay
Steelwhisper
Jo Myles is such an enormous pleasure to read!

Not just that she writes an extremely realistic BDSM which has all the dots and crosses all the t's and is a hundred times more interesting and amusing than all that distorted and abused "fantasy-BDSM" you get to read from others, she also has an innate humour within her stories which has me go from a tender smile to open laughter and back, all the while enjoying her very erotic descriptions of male loving.

This one was hilarious, warming like a good
Dreamer
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short in which Cosmo is manipulated into giving up his cigarettes in return for a birthday present. Alasdair tries to distract him from the withdrawl..

'Despite the whole corporate arsehole daytime act, underneath it all Alasdair was a hot leather Daddy with cool tattoos and a secret marshmallow centre. Submitting to him just felt right, for some bizarre reason.'
Ann
Great follow up to Screwing the System. Little bits of closure from the first book and it was so good to see Cosmo and Alasdair fully together and happy *sigh*.
Kim Alan
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm just going to stop embarrassing myself by gushing all over the place.
Kaje Harper
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, m-m, light
This is a fun light free sequel to Screwing the System. And of course the Britishness of the book is part of the fun - "fags" being cigarettes - no angsty moments here. I enjoy these guys, especially the way Alasdair's toppiness and domestic discipline get a little off key due to the fact that he adores his sub, Cosmo. That boy is going to end up a little spoiled, and a lot loved. I think this one could be read first, without too many spoilers for the novel, although you'll enjoy it more in the ...more
SheReadsALot
Currently free on AMAZON!
liz
Dec 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Better than the first.
Mercedes
Shelves: mm-romance, bdsm
I am left with a happy feeling that Cosmo is no longer smoking and that these two are happy as clams.
Kristie
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ah, this was so awesome! I love these two and hope to meet them again some day.
Kaetrin
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up.

This free short follows on from the events of Screwing the System. I think it could probably be read as a stand alone and there aren’t really any spoilers in it but it does make much more sense if you’ve read the earlier story. Screw the Fags picks up some 10 months after the end of the Screwing the System when Alisdair is trying to decide what to buy Cosmo for his birthday (which is on Valentine’s Day). Cosmo wants a car and Alisdair agrees to buy him one if he quits smok
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

I love Josephine Myles, and I adore Cosmo and Alasdair. This was a short and sweet follow-up to Screwing the System. I was thrilled to see the guys settled and happy. I wouldn't suggest reading this as a stand-alone; it really is a sort of epilogue to the novel.

Also, I was somewhat disappointed not to see Cosmo's Nan in this one; at the end of book 1, she's supposed to come work for Alasdair, but she was barely mentioned in this story.
My Dichotomy Life
Damn I just love this author, she writes beautiful well rounded characters.

The sign of a wonderful book, to me, is when you are doing something mundane and suddenly a character pops into your head. You know exactly how they would react in the situation, how they would stand, feel, react and what expression they would have whilst this was all happening.

That's what Josephine Myles's give me through her writing : company at unexpected moments.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Great follow-up to book 1! I love these guys. Cosmo is just as snarky and sexy as ever, and Alisdair is the same ole Boss-man.

This is mostly about Cosmo kicking the habit, the incentive Ali finds to make it happen, and, of course, seeing how their relationship has evolved. I would definitely not mind seeing these guys again some day.
Sue bowdley
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-male, favourites
Loved this....getting back to Alisdair and Cosmo....Had me laughing a few times as Cosmo tried to give up smoking...the best bit...Cosmo under the desk and oh dear Mavis coming in...priceless....love these short reads that take us back to our favourite characters x
Heidi Belleau
Funny and sexy, with enjoyable sympathetic leads.

Did I mention sexy?
Carole-Ann
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great, funny short where Alistair helps Cosmo to give up his cigarettes (I wish it were so easy!!!) I do love the repartee between these two guys :)
Lisa
Back with the guys for a short tale of how Cosmos gives up smoking.
I had read the first book many years ago and so had forgotten all about them but it was easy to read this as a standalone.
Jery Schober
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Short, sweet and sexy, and I just love the British humour :-)
Tami
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nice, short freebie - like an extra epilogue to "Screwing the system".
(Not free on Amazon, but Smashwords)
Bea
A perfect short story follow up.
Veronica-Lynn Pit Bull
Screw the Fags is a free kindle short which is really an epilogue to Screwing The System. It picks up 10 months down the line and shows Alasdair and Cosmo having happily settled into a long term, committed relationship. Cosmo is trying to quit smoking. Not just because Alasdair REALLY wants him to and is offering to buy him a car for his birthday if he can pull it off; but also because he is finally ready, and he also really wants to. The scenario is representative of their larger relationship. ...more
SaDeAn
4.5/5

Amazon freebie! My favorite.

It’s especially my favorite when it’s a short story follow-up to a book I liked.
Picking up with Alasdair and Cosmo where Screw the System leaves us, this cute short story is a delight. Highly recommend. Any scene with Mavis is a guaranteed good time and she gets a few cameos here.
Ed Davis
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you, Josephine Myers for once again letting me visit with Alastair and Cosmo. I loved the first book and it was a real treat to get to visit with them again. The fact that it was free was even better. I wish you would write a sequel, I'd buy it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Falling Away
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • An Old-Fashioned Love Song (Woodshed, #1)
  • Happily Ever After (Russian Bear #2)
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • Lazy Valentines (Lazy Days #2)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Last Stop
  • Once a Brat (Kinky Cupid, #1)
  • Fettered
  • Mission: X (Mission X, #1)
  • Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule, #1)
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • The Perfect Tree (The Forbidden Room, #1.5)
  • Dirty Cop
  • Be My Boy
English through and through, Josephine Myles is addicted to tea and busy cultivating a reputation for eccentricity. She writes gay erotica and romance, but finds the erotica keeps cuddling up to the romance, and the romance keeps corrupting the erotica. She blames her rebellious muse but he never listens to her anyway, no matter how much she threatens him with a big stick. She's beginning to suspe ...more

Screwing the System (2 books)
  • Screwing the System (Screwing the System, #1)