Start by marking “Blood and Snow: The Complete Set” as Want to Read:
Blood and Snow: The Complete Set

Blood and Snow: The Complete Set

(Blood and Snow #1.1-3.4)

Every thousand years the Vampire Queen selects a new body, always the fairest in the land, and this time she's chosen Snow White.

Snow isn't an ordinary girl. She doesn't know that yet.

When Snow gets bitten by a Hunter, her life is thrown into a whirlwind of change where instead of worrying about what to eat, she has to fight not to drink the blood of fellow high school
Published February 17th 2013 by Polished Pen Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Snow

Start your review of Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
Anne
Others may enjoy this, but it just wasn't for me.

It was weird, there were plot lines that were just dropped at the end, and when Snow finally found her Prince Charming it was a total WTF?! Where did this guy come from? moment for me.
Oh, and the egg thing at the end...creepy.
Not cute.
Creepy.
In an attempt to not give spoiler for those of you who would like to read this, I'll stop right here.

I will say, that midway through the book I was interested enough to want to find out what happened to
RaShelle Workman
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
*** Snow isn't an ordinary girl. She doesn't know that yet. ***

All 12 volumes in one book, along with bonus content. It's so exciting.
Kathy Jo
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loanable, owned

I love fairy tales... plain and simple. I'm a sucker for any retelling of them. With that being said I will admit growing up, Snow White was not a fairy tale I liked. When given a choice, it was never chosen. I have come across a few retellings of this fairy tale and I have skipped right over them. But when I came across RaShelle Workman's version and saw the unique twist, I was intrigued to say the least. I started reading it with no expectations and will admit at times I was going
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Thanks to Netgalley and All Night Reads for giving me this book to review.

Snow White always thought she was a normal, if a bit clumsy, girl with a father and step-mother who are hardly around and seven best friends who are brothers. That is until the Vampire Queen chooses Snow for her next body. After being bitten by her Hunter, Christopher, and turned into a revenant, Snow has to deal with both her thirst for both
~ Brynn  Dangl ~
ummmm

not quite sure what to think or why I read it
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
From http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

At A Glance
The concept was super fun but the execution was just okay.

The Good
This is a very lengthy book since it's a collation of several novellas. They do easily flow together, like a normal book, so no worries there. I have never read a retelling of the Snow White fairytale before. I have to say that Workman really created a fun interpretation of the story. The characters were fascinating and the vampire element added a little something extra.

It
Caitlin Cook
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second time reading this series

I still absolutely love it!! Yes it's a young adult but I can never get tired of this series! Love it!!!
Lori Palle
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“If a creature lives long enough, it becomes evil.”–-The Unknowns

Snow White is living a fairy tale. Unfortunately, not one of the sweet and happy Disney kinds, think more dark and dangerous Brothers Grimm with evil stepmothers and where’s there a pretty good chance of getting a body part lopped off. Oh, and Snow White is a vampire. That’s right. A. Vampire. And the Hunter? He’s a hottie. And the seven dwarfs? They’re her seven best buds–and also Hotties! And the evil Vampire Queen? Well, she
Jessica
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, young-adult
When I saw this mixed Snow White with vampires I was so sold. I believe these all started as novellas, so I'm really glad I got to read the whole set together. I think it flowed better as a whole than if I had read them as separate parts. Overall, I found it be an enjoyable read. There were some parts where I found myself losing interest and really struggled to keep focused, but I pushed forward because we definitely have multiple romances and I wanted to see how that would end up. I did find ...more
Melanie Marsh
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Snow White as a vampire? Who would have thought those two ideas could come together to make something worth reading. I wasn’t too sure about this concept being one that could work, but RaChelle Workman made it happen. This is a collection of 12 novellas that combine to make up one hell of a story.

We all know the original story of Snow White. I’m not going to re-tell it. In this version, Snow White is an almost 16 year old girl living with her absentee father and stepmother. It’s odd to me that
YA Novelties
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Check this review out at our blog!

Usually when I try fairy tale retellings these days, I try to grade them harshly because the original content is usually at a bare minimum for them. So do not be surprised with this harsh rating and review because there are probably plenty of other people with higher ratings than mine. They are probably also better at figuring out ratings for fairy tale retellings as well... Anyway...

This book or bundle, which it really is, is a series of twelve
Annie
A review copy was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My suitemate had recommended this series to me, so when I saw the blog tour, I jumped at the chance to sign up. I was intrigued with the whole novella aspect, and I ended up really enjoying the series.

Snow White is Marked by the Vampire Queen so she can take over a new body, and by the time she turns 16, she is bitten by a Hunter, becoming a revenant, a mix of human and vampire. Snow may think she is a regular revenant,
tinyteaplots
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Blood and Snow got a slew of mixed reviews. I'm pretty sure that there must be many readers who just don't like the serial story format. I am one of those people; I won't read any of the installments until they are all released, preferably compiled into one book. I devour books, anything less than two-hundred pages is a snack. Anyways, I can also tell that there were a lot of readers who had expectations of the story that were not met. I know this because I read other reviews. Bummer. My ...more
Laura Greenwood
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Blood and Snow (Volumes 1-12) in exchange for my review.

Collection includes: Episodes 1 - 12; Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises, Prey and Magic, Masquerade's Moon, Seal of Gabriel. Telltale Kisses, Love Bleeds, Eye of Abernathy, Resolved to Rule and Vampire Ever After? Short stories: Cindy Witch, The Hunter's Tale, Gabriel and After The Kiss.

Snow White always
Lottie Eve
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!
I love fairy tales. I also love fairy tale retellings. There is just something so magical about being able to see a different version of the story I have always loved. Blood and Snow was a great retelling that was fun, exciting, compelling and unique (at least, for me, anyway). This wasn’t a perfect novel, but was a joy to read and I will definitely come back for more of Workman’s works.

Workman’s story is completely different from the original Snow White story. Snow White is still the
Jenea
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think most of us growing up have watched the fairy tale movies, and one of my favorites was Snow White, so when I read the premise for this and discovered that it a re-telling of Snow White, but not only that, she was to be a vampire, I was all in. Lately I haven’t read a lot of vampires books, so I was wondering how all of this would come together. With that being said, I was glad I gave this a try.

Snow is a ordinary young girl, she has grown up with 7 boys, and a Professor, so she is far
Jasmin
"Lips red as rubies,
Hair dark as night
Drink your true love's blood
Become the Vampire, Snow White..."

Snow is a normal teenage girl, at least she think she is, until she is bitten by a Hunter on behalf of the Vampire Queen. Now she is a Revenant, one of the Marked, who might be chosen to become the Vampire Queen's next body. So naturally Snow's life is turned upside down and only true love's kiss could hold the power to help her. That's just the next question though: Who is her true love?

Actually
Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill
Read original reviews for this series @ The Indigo Quill:
(Volumes 1-4): http://theindigoquill.blogspot.com/20...
(Volumes 5-8): http://theindigoquill.blogspot.com/20...
(Volumes 9-12): http://theindigoquill.blogspot.com/20...

Overall, I have really enjoyed this series. At first it was strange when I finished the first volume at page 55, and I know some people aren't huge fans of how short they are, but I find it unique and refreshing. Instead of ending at a certain chapter, I can just end at the
Heather A
Diana (DomesticGoddess)
This is really a 2-star read, but I have mixed feelings; I've given it three because there are some aspects that I really liked.
The Complete Set is a lengthy compilation of twelve novellas and a fun read; a contemporary paranormal romance based on the Snow White fairy tale, complete with Disney princesses. I would have given more stars if there weren't so many flaws in the writing; so many that I can't even begin to list them all.
Four stars for the concept and fun factor. Two stars for technical
Hope
Oh my goodness! I went into this series of books (there are 12 in the series) completely blind, as usual and WOW did I enjoy this! Who knew a modern day teenage twist on Snow White could be so much fun!?! What a delightful read! :-D

There were the usual cast of characters from the 7 dwarfs... shall we say brothers? To the benevolent huntsman. The wicked queen and absent father. All the characters made appearances, some in utterly unexpected ways!

New characters I would never have thought to
Hope
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

New characters I would never have thought to
Magen McMinimy
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Since each of these volumes are so short and there are twelve of them, there was no way I could I find the time to write a review on each of them.

So here are my thoughts on this series… I love it! It was a fun and different take on one of my favorite classic fairytales the vampire twist was a very big plus for me.
So we start out with a very lucky tomboyish girl with seven hot guy best friends.

Sounds promising already doesn’t it? Then enter the hot Hunter aka Prince Charming who marks our lucky
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-library, ya
Background: Snow White is not the Snow White, yes she is beautiful and unique, but her parents were just quirky when they named her. Snow White has been chosen by the Vampire Queen to be a body for her ever changing form and Snow must find it within herself to resist her and even kill the Queen for the bettering of life for magical creatures.

Review: I waited until the last minute to start reading this book for review and was very surprise by how fast I flew through it. The compilation is a
Evey
Volume 12 in this series rating: 4 stars
Complete series rating: 3,5-4 stars

About the 12th volume

So, there happened things I did expect, yep. Oh, Snow White, I knew it was gonna happen something like what happened to Silindra, I knew it! That's why I never trusted Christopher. Stepping aside that, some other things blew my mind and socks! So, yeah, a good read overall, in spite of some details that I didn't like at all (because I didn't find they had any sense).

About the complete series

These were
Rebecca
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This series receives 3.5 stars. It held at a steady 3 until the last three or four volumes.

The Positives:

I enjoyed the pace of these novellas. While the first 4 were a bit slow with plot the character development was needed for the future stories. I enjoyed all the fairy tale princess references that helped add a bit of humor throughout the series. It was also nice to have a 'twisted" debate on evolution and creationism. Not sure if this was intended but I drew some similarities all the same.
Rachel
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Snow White is just a regular girl living next door to seven boys who are friends and neighbors until the night she is a bitten by a Hunter and learns about an unbelievable world of vampires and fairy tales.

It turns out that she is one of the marked, the potential new young body that may be perfect to host the Vampire Queen who rules all of Sharra, the magical land. Now Snow White is involved in a plot to oust the current Vampire Queen who has too much control over all the magical creatures.

I
Rachel
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: egalleys, blog-tour
I was super excited to read Blood and Snow as soon as I read the synopsis. I've always kind of loved Snow White, though I don't know why, so a retelling definitely appealed to me. I enjoyed how Rashelle Workman kept me guessing with the plot's twists and turns and how she was able to weave so many different ideas and mythologies into the story. While reading other paranormal books, I've always kind of wondered about all the other creatures not mentioned, and RaShelle Workman makes a very ...more
Fern (whirlwindbooks)
This is the kind of novel that turns out to be more of an adventure, it has everything a good story needs - Romance, Magic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Drama and Action! So if you are looking for a combination of the above then this is the book for you.

Please not that this story is not about Snow White, her parents merely had a quirky sense of humor and if I am honest it does sound like a kind of amazing name.

This book is comprised of a series of 12 Novella's that in turn from the full adventure, My
Bridget
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
RaShelle Workman has taken the Snow White fairy tale and made it her own. Set in modern day with vampires and other creatures of myth, Snow must navigate the waters of adolescents all while trying to survive a plot my the vampire queen and high school. Snow has normal teenage problems like boys, first loves, friends, and parents. She also has to juggle weapons training and her thirst for blood, which are not so normal problems. There is symbolism and hidden meaning everywhere. Snow White has ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shadows and Gold (Elemental Legacy #0.25)
RaShelle Workman is an international bestselling author of reimagined fairy tales, science fiction, time travel, and romantic suspense. All of her novels have been listed on multiple bestseller lists, including her Blood and Snow series (now Seven Magics Academy), which has sold more than a million copies worldwide. Three of her books have been translated into Turkish.

When RaShelle isn't writing,

Blood and Snow (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow #1)
  • Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2)
  • The Vampire Christopher (Blood and Snow, #3)
  • Blood Soaked Promises (Blood and Snow, #4)
  • Prey and Magic (Blood and Snow, #5)
  • Masquerade's Moon (Blood and Snow, #6)
  • Seal of Gabriel (Blood and Snow, #7)
  • Telltale Kisses (Blood and Snow, #8)
  • Love Bleeds (Blood and Snow, #9)
  • Eye of Abernathy (Blood and Snow, #10)
“Maybe you are a bit of a wreck, but aren’t we all? Isn’t that what life is about? The mess.” 5 likes
“He was my sun, my moon, each planet, and stars. And those rare moments he wasn’t around, my body ached at his absence.” 1 likes