Start by marking “The Knightmare” as Want to Read:
The Knightmare

The Knightmare

France, 1209: A Knight Templar riding through an eerie forest is suddenly attacked by an assassin as a man and woman watch from a distant hillside. When his death seems certain, the woman takes up a sword...

Present, Formula 1 race, Magny Cours: Observed by the very same couple, Conor Westfield, a career-obsessed Scottish driver, is in a horrible racing accident. Miraculou
Published February 20th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Knightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knightmare

Start your review of The Knightmare
Gaele
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reincarnation: a philosophical or religious belief that asserts the soul of the deceased may come to life in another form that is dependent on their moral character in the most recent life. Most simply, you are reincarnated for a second chance to get things right, or to do better in your life. As the fundamental tether that binds this story of past and present, Conor has done it all right but for one thing: he never found love.
Through a traumatic injury, a mysterious death and an illuminated ma
Mason
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tales featuring knights and mysteries are always intriguing and draw me in. Author Deborah Valentine weaves a fascinating story blending knights, time travel, and reincarnation in such a manner it seems plausible.

The story begins in France in 1209 when a Knight Templar is attacked by an assassin. A couple watch from a distant hill. Just as it seems certain the Knight will die, the woman takes up a sword.

From there the story transitions to present day where Scottish Formula 1 driver Conor Westfi
Renee
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, romance
Conor is a Scottish race car driver who experiences a major car accident during a race. As he recovers, he becomes involved in a murder mystery involving a past lover, Mercedes. She leaves her entire estate to him, and it surprises him as it is not only is sizable, but they shared only one memorable night together. He travels to a different country to resolve the estate and makes new friends along the way.

As Conor recuperates, he hallucinates through his dreams and is caught between two worlds:
Abigailann (Abigail)
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

When struck me first about this story was the effective way that the language changed between the 'past' and the 'present'. Sometimes, when chapters just around time periods, it can be hard to follow when exactly you are, but this was definitely not the case in 'The Knightmare'. The writing was clear and understandable and gripped me from the start.

The characters were complex and original. I enjoyed discovering who Mercedes was along with Rhyswr and Conor, feeling as if I was joined in Conor's e
Marina
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review Originaly posted at: http://www.larissaslife.com/2013/06/m...

Knightmare is a tale that takes place in two times specifically year 1209 to today.

In year 1209 we meet a Templar knight named Rhyrws and a beautiful seductress named Mercedes.

Balancing between paganism and Christianity and not embrassing anything openly our noble Knight discovers the power of magic.

In current year we meet a young and ambitious driver of F1 cars named Connor and a beautiful seductress named Mercedes (..... Stra
Sheri
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Knightmare (Deborah Valentine)

The story starts in France 1209, a Templar Knight is attacked, but there are two people watching. He is saved by the mysterious couple.

Enter the present, young Conor, recovering from injuries, witness by this same couple from 1209 France. He is suffering from horrid nightmares that feel so real, almost as if they are memories. When he finds that a woman, Mercedes, whom he had a brief affair has died and left him her possessions he is quite confused and intrigue
Nicki Markus
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a book that I wished I could have liked more than I did. Certain chapters held my interest, but then other sections of the book I didn't care for so much. The premise was a good idea, but it didn't quite come together for me. Both narrative lines worked fine on their own, but they never truly blended into one story in my mind.

There was definite promise here, but the author didn't quite pull it into a cohesive whole this time. I'm still giving it three stars, though, as it did have some g
Heather Lawson
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Knightmare is a fantasticly put together novel. The story follows racecar driver Connor as he starts having strange dreams rooted in history. The links between the past and present are seamlessly put together to create an engaging tale. With a great cast of characters and a story that is hard to put down, The Knightmare is definitely a story you want to read.

A minor issue is a few missing words here and there that could maybe use a quick look, but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed this read.
Elisabeth
Julie-Ann
Katie
added it
Nov 13, 2013
Deborah Valentine's latest book is The Knightmare and is available on Kindle. Her first series of novels, Unothodox Methods, A Collector of Photographs and Fine Distinctions, were published by Victor Gollancz in the UK and were also published in the US. A Collector of Photographs was short-listed for an Edgar Allen Poe, Macavity, Anthony Boucher and Shamus Award. Fine Distinctions was also short-l ...more