Start by marking “The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)

The Denim Dom

(Suncoast Society #5)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  1,332 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
Who needs leather when you can have denim? A denim Dom, that is.

Shayla Pierce dumped her lying ex and moved to Florida to start a job at a magazine. An assignment to write about BDSM leads her to discover a new world and make a slew of new friends, including the sinfully sexy Tony Daniels. She’s just not sure she can ever trust again.

Tony is used to teaching about BDSM, bu
Published March 1st 2013 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Denim Dom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Denim Dom

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Every time I read Ms. Dalton's BDSM themed stories, I remember why I fell in love with her writing. Her writing is what pushed me to delve into the lifestyle through a community rather than just dabble through books and on-line Doms.

In THE DENIM DOM, Tony Daniels finally gets to tell his story. It is so good. Tony is a Dom who is respected in his kinky community. He teaches classes, is a preferred play partner and he is a backup dungeon monitor. What he isn't is a Dom with a submissive or a sla
Pam Nelson
3 The Denim Dom Stars

Don’t take this the wrong way, for me this was just ok.

Nothing really stands out for me, the scenes were hot sure but I didn’t really connect with either of the main characters.
I did wonder why if Shayla was so “new” why she didn’t have any inner dialog during her first sub time.

And at one point was looking to see if it was going to be over.
Now that is not like me with this series. All the ones I have read so far I have loved so I was kind sad I didn’t like this one too.
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, read-2013
I have to start this by saying - this is the follow on to The Reluctant Dom (view spoiler), but it needs to be seen as its own story, not a continuation of the previous story. This tone of this book is more lighthearted, funny,upbeat and happy. There are some product name references th ...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

This book was a real winner for me in the Erotica/BDSM genre. I was hesitant in light of my mixed reaction to The Reluctant Dom, a book that most people raved about. However, Tymber Dalton is a good writer and I thought she did a great job of writing a fictional story that sheds a much more positive light on the BDSM lifestyle than some of the other popular books out there currently. Reading this book helped me pinpoint what really bothered me about 50 Shades of Grey. That is, in
Kaylyn
Shelves: loved
Who needs leather when you can have denim? A denim Dom, that is.

Tony is used to teaching about BDSM, but he’s never trained a submissive he wasn't dating before. After losing hope he’ll ever find the perfect submissive for him,
Chris- Bookaddict
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tymber has done it again . I LOVED this book . I LOVED the Reluctant Dom and The Denim Dom has Tony who is a character from the Reluctant Dom . I'm Happy to see Tony get his HEA , he deserved it .

I love how she wrote this one based on the training of a submissive . It Will open your
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
I really enjoyed this book and would have given it a solid 4 stars but toward the end of the book Tony started using the "S" word when he was talking to Shayla and for me that is a total turnoff so I knocked my rating down to 3.75. If she had done this earlier in the book I might not have finished reading. Aside from this minor pet peeve of mine, The Denim Dom was actually a great read. The book gets a 5+ star rating for having some of the smexiest sex "scenes" that I think I have ever read. Tot ...more
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
Ok, so I just finished this, I SO wish it had been the book before The Reluctant Dom Only because it was more an introductory to BDSM and all it entails. I loved The Reluctant Dom and what it taught us, but just felt this was more of a learning book.
It was gentle and sweet,and even funny, and broke us in gently to the world of BDSM.
Tony is a real gentleman, and I kind of felt, although the "Denim Dom" nickname suited him down to the ground, the "Gentleman Dom" would have suited him just as wel
Shanean
Shelves: bdsm-romance
Tymber Dalton does it again and just blows me away with The Denim Dom.
When she announced she would be writing Tony’s story from the Reluctant Dom I knew she wouldn’t let us down and would make Tony’s story come to life for us as she has with so many of her other characters. While the Denim Dom is a stand alone book it is nice too see characters from previous books Tymber Dalton has written such as The Reluctant Dom, Safe Harbor and my favorite “Tilly” from Cardinal’s Rule make an appearance.

As
Emilee
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I really loved The Reluctant Dom so I really wanted to love this book as well but I just didn't. It's a very well written book, I enjoyed the plot and characters. I however have a hard time getting into books with the Master/slave relationship. I cannot stand the word "pet" as an endearment. The whole "who's my good girl?" sit on a pillow while we eat thing just isn't something I enjoy reading about. People who do enjoy that side of BDSM will enjoy this book.
Esra
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Evet seri sona erdi..
Diğer kitaplarda arada bir karşımıza çıkan Tony'nin hikayesi vardı burada da.. İlk kitap hariç hepsini beğenerek okudum.. Yazarın kalemini, duyguları aktarışını, tarzını sevdiğimi söyleyebilirim.. Diğer kitaplarını da okuyacağım gibi görünüyor :)
Meğerse seri sona ermemiş bir kitap daha varmış :D Onu okumaya başlamalı hemen :D
Timeforme
This is an excellent follow up book to the Reluctant Dom (with guest appearances from MC's from that book, Cardinal's Rules and Safe Harbor). This is a wonderful story showing the development of an amazing relationship between Tony and Shayla. This book is definitely taking its place amongst my favorite Tymber Dalton books.
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Liked the book. Loved The Reluctant Dom, it was my first BDSM read. Dalton always hits the nail on the head. And now that she's a seasoned writer that, if you read the author's note, is living life, the work gets sweeter, smoother and just plain excellent.
Doris O'Connor
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Be warned: You will not be able to put this down! Stayed up late, because I just had to finish it. Tymber never disappoints, and I loved the dynamics between these two.
Oceans
There is lots of spanking going on :)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

When author Tymber Dalton gets it right, she can rip your soul from your body and put everything back together again.

In The Denim Dom, she gets it right. While it is not quite as emotional as some of her previous efforts, (don’t read The Reluctant Dom without a tissue), you feel for both the heroine and her Dom and really pull for them to have their HEA.

In this wrap up of several of her books, she works hard to explain the attraction
Lisa Kane
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shayla Pierce is a reporter doing research for an article at her new job in the Tampa Bay area, on the BDSM lifestyle. Tony Daniels is a Dom who teaches classes on whips, ropes, and is a DM (dungeon master). He currently has no submissive. They meet through friends that Shayla is interviewing. These friends are characters from previous books; Leyla and Seth from The Reluctant Dom, Mac, Sully and Clarisse from Safe Harbor and Tilly, Landry and Cris from Safe Harbor. These old friends embrace Shay ...more
Melly
Holy riding crop! The Denim Dom is fan-freaking-tastic. I developed a soft spot for Tony in The Reluctant Dom , so I jumped at the chance to read more about him. There's no disappointment on my face. I'm all smiles.
"Be nice."

"I'm always nice. I'm the sweetest sadist you'll ever meet."
Shayla was plagued with a bastardly douche as a fiancé. All his lies, broken promises, oh yeah, and STEALING, left her broken and in debt. Nice. She's finally starting over far from him. The miles apart, howe
Angie
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've loved the character of Tony since his first appearance in The Reluctant Dom, so finally getting his story was wonderful! Tony is a good man who enjoys what he does. He gets the job done at work even if he has to imagine hogtying his co-workers to do it. He enjoys his work with the community he plays a large role in even more. He teaches classes, works with newbies to the lifestyle and now he has agreed to train a reporter who is interested in the reality of the BDSM community and not just w ...more
Marion
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-read, bdsm
Erin
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-club
i loved this one! i do think that even though this is a stand-alone novel, perhaps you should read three other books by tymber dalton first: the reluctant dom, cardinal's rule, and safe harbor. i had read those books already, not knowing the main characters from them would all reappear in this book. the only complaint i have is that if you have not read those books and you read this first, you will essentially ruin the experience because this book has major plot spoilers from those other books. ...more
Melanie
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the book last night- well- more like early this morning and I LOVED IT!!!! Tymber- you really know how to suck a person into the book's world! I love the way all of the characters from the previous books of the series are integrated into this book. I love how real Shayla and Tony were portrayed- they had real fears and insecurities. It shows that good people can be taken advantage of but that doesn't mean they are doormats... Live and learn and learn again...
I would advise anyone
Karen Peacock
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! What an amazing story of love, respect and companionship. I loved Tony and Shayla's story. Tony is definitely the ultimate Alpha male. I found that once I started I couldn't put this book down. Tymber hit this one out of the park. I would love to see more along this same story line that includes all of these characters.
Cris
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
After reading "The Reluctant Dom," I was curious to see if Tony got a happily ever after.... Solid book though not one of my faves (undoubtedly BC I'm not into being a slave or beatings with a cane). I won't be reading BDSM again for a while. Good book for anyone curious about 'real life' BDSM instead of its typical use as a schtick.
Bonnie
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the story and loved how Tony and Shayla got their HEA. Supporting characters were from previous books and it was great to catch up with them and know how they were doing. There was lots of hot sex, of the BDSM variety, which gave us insight into Tony and who he was.
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was like she knew what was in my head 20 years ago. Not only was it a love story, (ok a really hot love story) it also gives big insight in to the BDSM lifestyle. Awesome book Tymber! I'm so glad I read it.
Aղցela W.
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let me first say that I loved this book. I thought that Shay was really brave to do the sorry on bdsm after being hurt by her boyfriend. I thought that Tony was very patient with her to win her trust. I really loved this book
Piper
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and thought Shayla was pretty brave taking on writing about this subject in view of the recent history with her ex. Tony was definitely the right guy for her - calm, trustworthy and, of course, HOT!
My only 'squirmy' moment was the 'dog dish' - really? Nah!
Na7asha
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Well, I am so shocked by how unmoved I was by this book. Such a nosedive in comparison to the Reluctant Dom. Definitely found that the "formula" was missing. I got so tired of reading "such a good pet"
H
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
This one's a 3.5, but remains a solid addition to the series.
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2)
  • Power Trip (Double Helix, #1)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • In the Zone
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • Highness 1 (The Lonely Heart Series, #5)
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Whisper (The Voice Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1)
  • Friday Afternoon
  • Kaylee's Keeper (Masters of the Castle, #2)
  • Suspended
Tymber Dalton is the better-known wild-child alter-ego of author Lesli Richardson. She lives in the Tampa Bay region of Florida with her husband, writer Jon Dalton, (aka "The World's Best Husband™") and too many pets. Active in the BDSM lifestyle she writes about, when she's not playing D&D with her friends or shooting skeet, she's a part-time Viking shield-maiden in training. The two-time EPI ...more

Suncoast Society (1 - 10 of 87 books)
  • Safe Harbor (Suncoast Society, #1)
  • Domme by Default (Suncoast Society, #2)
  • Cardinal's Rule (Suncoast Society, #3)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Pinch Me (Suncoast Society, #6)
  • Broken Toy (Suncoast Society, #7)
  • A Clean Sweep (Suncoast Society, #8)
  • A Roll of the Dice (Suncoast Society, #9)
  • His Canvas (Suncoast Society, #10)
  • A Lovely Shade of Ouch (Suncoast Society, #11)
“I'm not a leather kind of Dom when it comes to practicality. He Smiled " I'm much more a demin kind of Dom." Shayla arched her brow at him. " A demin Dom huh?" he nodded . " Better then a sweating-my-ass-off Dom.” 6 likes
“She doesn't flip your switch. I get it."

"Never say switch to a Dom, Leah. In either context. I don't do one and I'm liable to use the other.”
4 likes