Start by marking “The Healing Heart” as Want to Read:
The Healing Heart

Read Book

The Healing Heart

The Healing Heart is a quirky, fun work of contemporary romantic fiction. It follows Jamie Hansen as she tries to move on in life after losing her husband Paul to a heart attack. Jamie is fully prepared to make lemonade with the lemons life handed to her and to be grateful for what she had while she had it. She doesn't have any expectations when it comes to love, so she is ...more
ebook
Published January 2013 by Jennifer Howard

To ask other readers questions about The Healing Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healing Heart

Dee Waite
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm asked frequently to read other authors' books and give a review, but I mostly pass due to time restraints. When Jennifer emailed me on Goodreads and asked if I'd read and review, I reluctantly agreed. Why? I couldn't tell you. I don't even like love stories. But here's the thing. I'm so glad I did.

A very well written and lovely story of Jamie, a woman who has suffered more loss than most of us, but meets it head on with faith, grace, and strength. A strength she passes down to her daughter.
Jenneke
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jenneke by: Iris
Wow. That's just the thing to start with. WOW. A big WOW.

It has been a very long time since I read a book that I loved even before finishing the first chapter. But this definitely is one, and it totally deserves the full 5 star rating. This book made me laugh while reading, but it was still touching my heart at a weak spot. Every time I promised myself to read "one chapter before going to bed/having breakfast/showering", I ended up reading half of the book.

"I could feel my jaw slamming into the
Darlene Kuncytes
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully sweet, funny story! It was so well written and the main characters were endearing! Great job Jennifer! I look forward to more books from this author! She has a sweet, fun style that had me smiling A LOT!!
Kyra Halland
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-and-review
Kyra's star ratings:
Story: ****
Characters: *****
Writing mechanics: ****
Emotional engagement: ***

"The Healing Heart" is a sweet, cheerful (almost too cheerful for me, angst-and-gloom-loving curmudgeon that I am, but hey, sometimes you've got to lighten up a little) contemporary romance that follows the story of Jamie Hansen, a widow with a teenage daughter, who after losing the love of her life is afraid to let herself love again, and Conley Michaels, the man who finally convinces her to. It's es
Iris
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Healing Heart is a gentle and fun read that I found myself completely in love with. The story is told from Jamie's perspective, a widowed mother that lost the love of her life and the father of her child a few years ago. She faced the past two years head-on and with an admirable strength.

Jamie is a likable and endearing narrator. Her goofy, insecure and down-to-earth personality are real and make it hard not to like Jamie.

The romance unfolding between Jamie and Conley was real. What always
C.J. Burright
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Healing Heart is a sweet, fun, and easy read. Jamie Hansen lost her husband, then her father, and is doing her best just to plow through her days with her teenage daughter. She isn’t looking or expecting to find love again, until Conley Michaels steps into her life and shakes up her hum drum routine. I completely related to Jamie—she’s goofy, a bit insecure, funny, and down to earth, and her relationships with her daughter and mother are amusing and sometimes poignant. And excellent playlist ...more
C.S.
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. :) Although I prefer more dialogue over a narrative, it worked for this story. Loved Conley and thought he was perfect for Jamie - their sense of humor each matched the others. Honestly, I was quite happy to read a story that didn't have a really big crisis in it - although I do love those (mostly!) when they happen.

Looking forward to reading more by this author. :D
Kaine Andrews
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't normally read romances... except when forced to. I throw up my walls, close my eyes as tightly as I can, and mutter about ghosts, demons, serial killers and missing corpses until the very idea of love recoils in terror from me. I've dipped my toes in the water on occasion - just to see what the hubub is about - and generally come away wanting a lot of disinfectant. Until now, the only "romances" I could really get behind were the Michele Bardsley Broken Heart series, mainly because it ha ...more
JD Estrada
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you see my book collection, you’ll find plenty of YA, fantasy, horror, suspense, sci-fi and graphic novels... so how did I come by a romance novel called the Healing Heart? Well, life has its way of gravitating people towards each other, be it in the physical world or the digital universe we’re so fond of losing ourselves in.

Jennifer Howard is from West Virginia and loves books... one of the easiest ways to connect with people online by the way. Might I add that she would probably eat books i
DelSheree
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
The last few years for Jamie have not been easy. The passing of her husband was followed closely by losing her dad, and her confidence to face her new life without them is shaken. She wants to focus on her and her daughter, but a brief encounter with Conley offers up a new path Jamie's not sure she's ready to take just yet.

This is a very sweet romance. From the first few pages, it was easy to connect with Jamie and understand her struggles. She was a well crafted character that readers will car
Katie
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading The Healing Heart by Jennifer Howard and I enjoyed the sweet, fun, and energetic writing Howard brings us. It was romantic and fun, although a bit over-the-top but I know that was the author's intentions. It's definitely written with flare for passion and excitement and optimism. It's a sweet tale of cliche romance, which is all we want sometimes. It's the type of book that makes you smile throughout.

However, I have to admit that I still want some conflict in my reads. Y
J.J. DiBenedetto
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Howard's "The Healing Heart" is a love story. It's the tale of Jamie Hansen, a widow who two years ago lost her beloved husband, and a month ago lost her father. Now she's trying to hold the rest of her family - her 14-year-old daughter, and her mother - together as best she can.

At a tribute to her father, Jamie literally runs into Conley Michaels, a handsome real-estate executive who definitely seems to have eyes for her. That first meeting may blossom into a full-fledged romance - if
Gillian Jackson
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This is certainly one for the true romantics out there. The debut novel of this new, exciting author, Jennifer Howard, is stamped throughout with her enthusiasm, wit and zest for life. Jamie, a very likeable heroine, does not set out to find love having lost the man she thought was the only true love of her life. Conley Michaels however sets out to change all that, his perseverance, not to mention his drop dead gorgeous good looks, endears him to Jamie and to her teenage daughter. An instant att
Sandra Love
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aww this was a sweet and fun story. I was gifted this book from. The author. I'm. So glad that I read this. <3 the characters and the story line. Sad her husband had a heart attack. I would recommend this book. Sweet endearing read.
Charity Hurley
Catherine Vickers
Katherine Logan
Bargain Basement: The Healing Heart Giveaway 1 8 Jul 11, 2013 09:41AM
Indie Authors Mon...: RaR - The Healing Heart 1 18 Apr 05, 2013 12:48PM
Jennifer Howard is the author of The Healing Heart and The Steps to Karma. Both of these are fun and quirky works of contemporary romantic fiction, because relationships aren't meant to be like an I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercial! She has many other projects planned for the future, as she has countless characters in her head just waiting to escape onto paper!

Jennifer has enjoyed writing