Start by marking “Losing Francesca” as Want to Read:
Losing Francesca

Losing Francesca

No one has to tell Brody Mason what heartbreak feels like. No one needs to explain loss, desperation, or sorrow to him. Because that’s all he’s lived with for the past twelve years after his best friend went on vacation to Italy, and never came home.

No one needs to tell the Sullivan family what a miracle feels like. No one needs to explain the elation of hearing that the l
Published July 1st 2013 by Science Future Press (first published June 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Losing Francesca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Francesca

Start your review of Losing Francesca
Christy
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 6d592e14-c9de-4ff5-85f6-ca09916f8b2c_zps4fddabfb.jpg

This book has been sitting on my kindle unread for way too long. I’m glad I finally made time to read it. I loved the characters, the mystery and the original storyline.

This is a story about a girl named Francesca. Or is it Fiona? I will just call her ‘Fee’. Fee is at an American airport, ready to start her new life. She’s ready for college. She never imagined she would be held by the government. They say their facial recognition software says she is someone else. That she is not Fr
Beverly
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Losing Francesca is a unique story about a girl who enters the United States on vacation only to learn she matches the identity of a missing person, Fiona Sullivan. I wasn’t sure what to think when I started this one, but I was very intrigued on so many levels.

First we know that Francesca is hiding something, she is so cryptic in her conversations and even her inner dialogue. Regardless of whether or not she is the missing girl she is sent to live with the Sullivan family. The Sullivan’s are a
seton
Jun 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
A laughably bad novel, with simplistic, amateurish writing and cartoonish characterizations. Everything is told, not shown. The author has a few books under her belt so I wasn't expecting anything this dire.

The story is as believable as the Hero's declarations of love. Examples:

Page 34 - Because Fiona Sullivan is my soulmate. I knew it from the first time we played together. . . . . I remember looking at her when she was four years old and I was six, thinking to myself, I love that girl. That i
Heather
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING!! This one ranks right up there with Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. There was so much mystery and emotion and Brody is just...well, right now I have no words.

After reading Tragic by J.A. Huss I checked out her website and read about this book and set my calendar for the release date. I am so glad I did. I have to say, Huss is quickly becoming a favorite author!

One last thing...I am all about steam in a romance novel, but I love that Huss was able to invoke steam with just a first k
Michelle
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
Being detained and questioned wasn’t what Francesca expected when she arrived in America. Sure the passport she was using was a fake, along with the others hidden away in her luggage; but that was normal. It’s how she was raised, how her father had kept her safe. Except for now. When she learns that she matches the description of a girl that went missing twelve years ago she is forced to be reunited with the family that claims she is their Fiona. But it isn’t until she meets a man that was so br ...more
Jennifer Shiels
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just re-read this book 5 years after I first read it. It is still a fantastic and wonderful read with a realistic and deep story. The book is told through dual points of view of Fiona/Francesca and Brody Mason.

Francesca Sabatini (or at least that was one of the names of the many IDs she had on her) came to the USA after her 18th birthday and to celebrate her high school graduation. Her face is recognized by TSA scanners and they match her to a child Fiona Sullivan who went missing for the pas
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
A Young Adult read about discovering who you are, the future, love, identity and family

Francesca Sabatini gets off her plane, ready to explore America for a few months until she starts College, only to be dragged away from her dreams by the FBI. Her face has been recognized by TSA scanners and they believe she is Fiona Sullivan, the girl who went missing twelve years ago.

Fiona's adoptive family were The Sullivans, their hearts were broken 12 years ago, when Fiona and her adoptive mother went
Alexia Purdy
A 'you must drop everything and read this' kind of story. Luckily, I got to read an advance copy of Losing Francesca. One of the best stories I’ve read this year! It was so amazing, I read it in one night, a rare thing for me.

I love how JA Huss writes, it’s like emotions painted out with entrancing and flowing colors. This story was no exception. The blurb tells you what you need to know about the book and I have to say, every time I read this author’s work, it’s the definition of a mind bend.
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed Tragic by JA Huss, so when I heard about Losing Francesca I knew I wanted to be part of that blog tour and read it. I didn't expect it to be this good.

Losing Francesca started of a bit slow for me and I got annoyed at all the italian sentences that where trown around without translation. I wanted to understand what she was saying. After this slow start the story really came alive for me. If you are expecting a book like Tra
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Losing Francesca is a good story with a lot of suspense and mystery! I loved that Francesca wasn't even sure herself who she was. She knew many languages, and she was able to keep most people at bay. Until the Sullivan's were able to get her to move to their home.
Well written, the story had me glued to my kindle until I came to the end.
Bella
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
JA Huss's Rook & Ronin Series (plus spin off's) are some of my favorite books to read. I bought Losing Francesca when it was on sale for 99 cents once upon a time - and it sat on my kindle.

What the hell was I thinking??? I'm not sure why it got bumped from the top of my list, but I'm so glad I remembered I had it.

This was a FANTASTIC read. I was sucked in from the beginning and couldn't put the book down all day.

It is very different from the Rook & Ronin series - let me warn you. There is NO
Alaina-Jeneesbookblog
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
4.5 stars!!!

“I'm being held prisoner by the American government all because my face matched a progressive artistic rendering when I passed through security at the airport in LA. I am the daughter of someone, but it isn't Frank Sullivan. I'm sorry his daughter was stolen or killed, or whatever it was that happened to her, but I am not her.”

Once Francesca Sabatini arrives in the USA she's immediately taken into custody and face matched to a six year old little girl that was kidnapped years ago. A
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Losing Francesca is am AMAZING .... CAPTIVATING .... INTRIGUING .... HEARTFELT .... MUST READ STORY!

Holy Fiona..... is what first pops into my mind. After reading J.A. other book Manic this book took me by surprise. I mean it was so realistic it was like she ripped it from the front pages of the news. I kept thinking Lord this could be a real story this is a real life story. This is how it all begins....

Imagine you are going to America to take in the sights. Your small island in Italy is nothing
Kelly
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Holy just wow. Wow. Full review to come once I dry my eyes and screw my head back on straight.

****
Updated 7/22 with full review:

In the first few chapters, I was a bit confused, and things seemed sort of contradictory. Later, I realized that was because Francesca had a big secret, and all the little confusing bits wrap up together into a nice, neat, jaw-dropping, tear inducing, cliffhanger free package by the end of this amazing book.

I thought Francesca was a bit of a brat at first, and I started
Tara West
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think any book boyfriend could outdo JA Huss's Ronin, but Brody Mason has done it. Wow. This is one book that will stay with me for a long, long time. I had finished the last Rook and Ronin book and was looking to read another JA Huss story. Though this one was not as steamy as her other books, it definitely delivered on a more emotional level, as both Francesa and Brody are dealing with a complex and beautifully tragic, love story. I think everyone should read this. I dare you not to f ...more
Kimberly
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This. Was. Great!!!!! It was amazing! I loved it!
Full review to come soon.
Vfc
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Losing Francesca is about a girl who may or may not be who she believes herself to be. But it's also about the journey she takes to find out who she really is - not literally, as in what her true name is, but who she is in her heart. It's also about the damage done when people experience profound loss. How it affects them and the ways in which they cope.

Rather than spending her last summer before college enjoying herself, Francesca finds herself spending it with a family who insists she's their
Tiffany Readz
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off I am a huge fan of JA Huss and her Rook and Ronin series. Through her Facebook group I became familiar with this other book she wrote that isn't getting the attention it deserves. Losing Francesca is a straight out long lost love story. There isn't gratuitous sex on every other page, there aren't any tattooed MMA fighters or bikers either. What there is, is a story of a boy who after wishing for twelve long years, finally gets his girl back and the mess of problems she came home with.

F
Rachel
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it

I would definitely recommend diving into Losing Francesca.

Swimming through Losing Francesca by J.A. Huss I encountered a beautiful story that explored losing and gaining, arguments and love.

Losing Francesca is a satisfying story of one girl’s search for her identity. Her identity is broad. Is she beloved daughter of a mysterious malignant man or a foster daughter of a horse loving man?

When I backstroked through this story, I used my master swimming skills and discovered the basic truth. The gran
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

So again this book had loads of potential but felt like some areas for forced but not enough to deter me as I was waiting to find out the whole way through. Is she or isn't she?

Great concept and Brody and his undying love is great.

For Francesca she is caught in a lie that she didn't even know that she was a part of.

For Brody and the Sullivan's they knew the truth the minute they met her but 12 years and being fed lies can screw with a person especially w
Tomoe-Aurelia
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
The ending was not believable at all, the characters weren't developped enough but I was not really disappointed because I didn't expect much from the book.
Well, it was not a book for me I guess ...
ErinLua
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book kept me guessing, the love in the story was so sweet and innocent, so real. I highly recommend this book.
Lilly
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. It was cute and sappy and it made me tear up a bit because Brody was just so sweet.
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)

4 stars

At A Glance
This book was so amazing. I was giddy with how much I liked it...then that cheesy ending happened.

The Good
This borders so close to 4 stars because really I loved the story and characters so much. You know what? F**k it! I'm changing the rating from 3.5 stars to 4. Despite my annoynces I mentioned in the bad, I can't deny my excitement over reading this book from cover to cover.

This book is like a mindf**k to the extreme. Everyone around
Angie H
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a completely different story by one of my favourite authors J.A Huss. I have had this in my tbr for years and finally decided to put my kindle down and read some paperbacks. I was not disappointed, it’s a great story. A bit of a mystery with a young love story thrown in. Francesca/Fiona is a young girl, who’s life has been unusual to say the least, hidden away until one fateful day. Brody Mason, the town bad boy was such a dreamy character. But underneath he was just heartbroken and angr ...more
Joanne Coughlin
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Julie did a great job with this book! Love seeing how love can blossom from such a young age and grow even though there is no contact. The heart just knows!
What Makes Patri
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Losing Francesca by J. A. Huss

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

About The Book:

Francesca Sabatini went to America to celebrate her high school graduation and was taken in the LA airport by the police saying she was a girl who was kidnapped long ago in Italy.
She had explained ever
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Losing Francesca is a young adult contemporary romance but it was also so much more. It had the perfect amount of suspense, intrigue and romance to it that left me on the edge of my seat. I swear every one of my Goodreads status updates involved WTF and what is going on. This book was in no way predictable and I had to keep reading because I desperately needed to know what the truth really was and how this book would end.

Francesca is sent to live with the Sullivan family
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #5)
  • A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3)
  • Mr. Masters (Mr. Series, #1)
  • Kiss an Angel
  • Aún lates, Travis
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Hidden Seams (Unzipped #2)
  • Unexpected Gift
  • Falling Fast (Ruby Falls, #1)
  • Wife for Now
  • Masquerade (Scandalous Ballroom Encounters, #1)
  • Tease Me, Please Me
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more