Start by marking “The Magpie Bridge (I Am Just Junco, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Magpie Bridge (I Am Just Junco, #4.5)

The Magpie Bridge

(I Am Just Junco #4.5)

Sometimes what you want
Doesn’t matter,
Sometimes you just
Gotta finish what you started.
Sometimes this really
Fucking sucks.

But other times
You need to take a breath
And sit on the beach.

A long, deep, breath
To remind you of why
You signed on for this shit
In the first place.

This is my breath.

~ Tier
Published April 1st 2013 by Science Future Press (first published March 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Magpie Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magpie Bridge

Start your review of The Magpie Bridge (I Am Just Junco, #4.5)
Berls
*Sigh* this has not been my series. But, just when I thought I would DNF this one, I picked it up and got sucked in and finished it. So overall, I give it 2.5 stars, leaning towards 3, rather than 2.

I think the thing is, I don't think I really like the characters. I don't dislike them. I just could give a flying... Like Junco is idk in this tower thing and I don't know what that means and I don't care. The flop side of that is, I've had a really hard time following the details in this series. I
June Luu
I'm sorry, but I cannot hold it in anymore.

FUCKKKKKKK!!! I FUCKING CRIED SO FUCKING HARD, THE TEARS ARE STILL DRIPPING DOWN MY FACE!!

Review to come soon along with RANGE once I've calm down.

EDIT:
The original review is posted on Future Suns

After reading Range and after screaming 'F*ckkk' in my room (excuse me for my poor language), I went straight to reading The Magpie Bridge.

What surprised me the most though, was the fact that Tier wasn't even worried about what's happening to Junco in the
Christi Snow
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review:

OMG, I loved this novella. This cleared up so much of my confusion about what exactly was happening in Range. This book is told entirely from Tier's POV....YES!! Finally, we get to see some of what is going on in Tier's mind, especially after book #4 where there is some doubt cast as to whether he is really a good guy or not. In this book, there is no doubt that Tier loves Junco. YES!

Also, Junco spends so much of the series confused and not knowing who to trust. She's constantly
Leah (White Sky Project)
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Coming off from reading Range (#4), I don't know, but I felt better after I read The Magpie Bridge. I guess it's because it isn't as tumultuous as Range and the underlying emotion in this novella is more of hope than anything else. The novella is also a nice break from Junco's perspective. This time it's from Tier's perspective and we get to see his side of the story and how he figures in all of it.

Like all the books in the series, The Magpie Bridge was an easy read. For me it's not as
Veronica LaRoche
I was so excited to read from Tier's point of you. I loved to know exactly what has going thru is head in regarding Junco. I love the interaction with him and house and was cracking up laughing.. I can't wait to read the next and last book in this series
B.
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Quick Read Written From Tier's POV

This book takes place from Tier's POV, beginning as he watches Junco and Inanna disappear into the seventh tower at the end of book four, and ending after he transmits HOUSE into space.

Tier follows through with Junco's last wish and tracks down HOUSE. He takes her to Gideon's resort condo, where, without much hope left for Junco's return, he feels a bit sorry for himself but finds an escape in HOUSE. He begins to understand the joy that children can provide,
Michell Hall casper
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella was told in the POV of Tier. And be still my heart. It helped us learn a little more about Tier and his LOVE for Junco. I loved his relationship between him and House it was so sweet. This was a quick read. Filled with more info to help fill in blanks. I'm so ready to see how this series is going to end.
Silvia
Loved

This short novella from Tier’s POV was so moving. His love for HOUSE intertwined with his love for Junco. The ending, like all the endings in this series so far, left me wondering, what the heck is going on with a Junco? There is a method to this madness, I’m still waiting to catch my breath.
Kimberly
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
My big complaint with this one is it didn't read to me as a short story - it seemed an important part of the flow of the series and really should have just been the first few chapters to book 5. It was fun to start to hear things from other characters points of view.
Isis
In this short novella we get to learn more about the final plan that is in place to protect the Earth, humans & Avians alike, from the High Order. And interestingly enough things are made much clearer on the grand scale, things previously hinted at are now suddenly referenced with a fairly heavy hand - up to and including dangling a possible answer to the eternal religious question about the existence of a single god.

This book definitely clears up more relationship questions from the
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*sigh* I love Tier! ;)

I must point out the irony of Tier being someone who told Junco she had trouble seeing the obvious when he has the same issue. :) Of course, I had trouble seeing clearly as well... This entire series is one of details. I adore this in books - love looking for all the details, having to really think - so I've been constantly bookmarking and highlighting while reading Junco's story. But I have to admit that I missed some things. :)

Ms. Huss definitely packed a lot into this
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 HOUSE STARS!!

"And I would sell my soul, I would give up my promised eternal salvation, if I could just get one more chance to make it right for them"

A little bit of Tier went along way. I feel better knowing what Tier's true feeling are, but it doesn't change my feelings for Lucian. UGH I'm so torn. I just want Junco to finally get PEACE! I still don't know who's the bad guy or who's the good guy. At this point it's irrelevant, because I've grown attachments to so many of the characters, so
Heidi Tieman
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, j-a-huss
Oh it hurts....this. House and Tier. The Magpie Bridge solidified my love for Tier in a major way within such a short span. The pain from Range is still tender and seeing the connection between House and the others grow helped soothe it. Her spunk made me smile...a mini Junco to keep up with. But true to form the story takes another twist. Even though this one is just a novella it was an important piece of the puzzle and I think it's my second favorite next to Flight. 5+ Stars!
ClosetReader
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Junco, can you hear me?

Good lord, so much is going on. I love Tier's point of view. It's taken four books to get in his head and I never want to leave! I just love him so much.

The Magpie Bridge is an emotional journey. All one can do it trust the author to guide us through this journey.

I'm looking forward to the conclusion to this wild ride.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm glad this novella was right after Range. Range was emotionally harder than all the book so far in the series and reading this novella in Tier's POV helped to show he really does care about Junco and is trying to do his best. I also really enjoyed HOUSE. She helped to lighten things up before moving onto the final book in the series.
Sarah Jocke
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So...Tier's perspective. This book helps clear up a lot because Tier knows what's going on, so to hear the story from his POV is important. Tier's relationship with HOUSE was beautiful and fun. The entire series had so many unanswered questions but this novella really helped me understand and made me look forward to the finale.

Audrey
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, paranormal
Holding my breath ....... This is an interesting in between narrative, and a little enlightening, though it has left me with more questions.

As I have stated in previous reviews, this is an amazing tale and I am looking forward to how it all gets resolved.
Amber
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a mess. I swoon. I cry. I'm a mess.
Lovey Dovey Books
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, fantasy
Just what I needed after reading Range! Review coming soon
Pam
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels_demons, sci-fi
Broke my freaking heart...
Vicki Blood
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very quick read that sorted out so many things. I really enjoyed reading from Tier's point of view. So many things make more sense. This book was written to clarify so many underlying stories.
Jeannine
All in Teir's POv, yes! I loved getting inside of his head. I was always on the fence about him.
Stephanie

3.5 stars :)
Rhode
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Well, thank god for this little volume. The last book (Junco 4) is such a downer that this comes a welcome relief.
LeeAnna
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
That was so so sooo good. I love tier! I can't wait for December!!! I wish it was being released sooner!!! Anyone reading this series should definitely read this book!!
Sassapphras
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So great to read something from Tier's POV. It was nice to see that there actually is someone out there who genuinely loves Junco.
Vanessa Shell
Feb 28, 2013
Jen
May 19, 2014
Katie
Nov 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Tempt Me (The Macintyre Brothers #1)
  • Gilded Cage Complete Series: A Dark Romance Box Set
  • Cards of Love: The Emperor
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Providence (Providence, #1)
  • Veiled Vixen: Sci-Fi Alien Romance (Harem Station Book 6)
  • Fated for Me (Fate, #7)
  • The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • The Prophecy (Titan, #4)
  • Behind His Eyes Box Set (Consequences, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • Revealed: The Missing Years (Consequences, #4)
  • Ripples
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Consequences (Consequences, #1)
  • Beyond the Consequences (Consequences, #5)
  • The Return (Titan, #1)
  • The Power (Titan, #2)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic ...more

I Am Just Junco (5 books)
  • Clutch (I Am Just Junco, #1)
  • Fledge (I Am Just Junco, #2)
  • Flight (I Am Just Junco, #3)
  • Range (I Am Just Junco, #4)
  • Return (I Am Just Junco, #5)
“You have very little faith in her, Raubtier. I find it quite disturbing.” 0 likes