Start by marking “Range (I Am Just Junco, #4)” as Want to Read:
Range (I Am Just Junco, #4)

Range

(I Am Just Junco #4)

Some things can’t be undone.
If this happens,

You kill that bitch,
And don’t worry
About afterward.
Because it won’t matter.

Two years have passed since Inanna stole Junco away from Lucan. Two years of unimaginable pain. Two years of isolation, mutilation and torture. Two ye
Published April 1st 2013 by Science Future Press (first published March 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Range, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Range

Brianna
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! Seriously, what a crazily horrible, and messed up ending book three of this series had!!! This review will definitely be giving away spoilers for the previous books, so unless you don't plan to read this series, or you don't care about being spoiled, you don't want to read this.

So….wow. After Junco was stolen away by Inanna at the end of book three, she's changed. A lot. Firstly, being held in a tank and tortured for two years would break anyone and drive them insane, and make them wan
Isis

The fourth book in the "I Am Just Junco" series doesn't quite live up to my expectations based upon the previous books. It is still a good read, entertaining and manages to pull you into the story in places. However it feels like being on a treadmill, reading familiar material that doesn't really seem to get you anywhere. For all that it feels like you are standing still, nevertheless it is undoubtedly an entertaining story.

Two years after Inanna stole Junco away from all she knew and l
Christi Snow
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
My Review:
This was a difficult book in more ways than one. But before I get to the review, I need to explain something. I read a LOT...and read the first three books months ago (which equals hundreds of books that I've read since then). As a result, I spent a lot of this book confused...just because this is a REALLY complex world and story line and I had a really hard time remembering all the tiny details from the first three books.

Also, Junco herself is confused. She's gone through 2-3 mindwip
Berls
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Parts of me loved it, parts of me were too confused to have a feeling. I think this is a series that requires way more focus and attention than I was able to give it while listening. With the exception of like 4 central chanatacrers, I get everyone confused. And Junco alternates between someone I feel sorry for and someone I'm super annoyed with. I don't like the way she makes choices, at all. I also don't really get what's happening. I know we're marching towards and end of the world type situa ...more
Silvia
WOW! The ending! Jaw dropping. This book was at first hard for me to follow. I tried to over think what was happening. Once I gave into the fantasy and went with the flow everything started come together and the experience became magical. I think this is my fave book so far. Tier has more of a strong presence and influence in Junco’s fucked up purpose in the prophesy. But again I come back to the ending, shit oh my goodness. I loved it. 5 shattering stars!
Kimberly
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This one had a lot of the same pros/cons as earlier ones. But this one in particular didn't feel that much like a complete story - more just half of a really long book with the next one. And it seems like everyone has their own weird motives that you can't tell if they are overlapping or conflicting - and nobody tells the truth to anyone about anything. And Junco is getting more annoying and less interesting.
Otavio
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Range: the wild adventures of Junco continue

The plot gets a wee bit complicated in “Range”. There is a convergence of human and avian plans, and a third character stream, known as the high order, enter the mix. Who will Junco choose? What plan has she made for the end?
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Series!
The Book Tart
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I filmed a vlog review for Range. http://thebooktart.com/books/the-book...

Oh! I also wrote a review cause there was so much I forgot to say...
Originally posted here http://thebooktart.com/new-fiction-re...

Range is book four in the Junco series. Once again I am blown away by the writing. I feel like I’ve been on a roller coaster when I read a Junco story. Junco has become one of my favorite heroes. She is a hurt, angry, vulnerable, brave, smart, crazy, generous, loving woman. And she just wants t
June Luu
NO NO NO NO!
WHAT THE F*%K!!!!
excuse me for my language but I need to get this out.
F*CCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

EDIT:

Original review is posted on: Future Suns

WARNING!!! If you have not read book 1,2 & 3. DO NOT READ ON! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS (and you won't be able to understand most of it anyway lol) and by the way, look at that cover!! (wolf whistle, can't do it in real life)

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU J.A. HUSS???

I stayed up all through the night until 3 o'clock in the morning and my eyes were
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Range is exactly what I've come to expect from Ms. Huss' writing. It is extremely well written, has white-knuckle suspense and action, and continues the unique story that is Junco Coot. Range is a bit darker than the previous books, and that's saying something. We get a deeper look into Junco's psyche and quite honestly, it's a rather scary place to see.

"It's so much easier to just do what you're told and besides, this is my one true purpose and you can't be half a killer. You just gotta embrace
Lovey Dovey Books
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, fantasy
Once more Junco has woken to find that she is changed. She has been forcefully leveled up to Archer status by the hateful, evil, and apparently real goddess Inanna. Range begins two years from where J.A. Huss left us clutching Flight to our hearts.

Despite the dangerous missions and life-threatening decisions, the I Am Just Junco series has seemed like smooth sailing. All up until Range, that is. Junco is starting to seriously question her past, present and future. Now that she’s lost so much hop
Laura Greenwood

Title: Range
Series: I Am Just Junco (#4)
Author: JA Huss
From: Amazon (I am Not Junco Omnibus)
Genre: Sci-fi, NA
Release Date: 1st April 2013
Challenges: 2016 Read the Books You Buy, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

*May contain spolers for other books in the series*

2 years of pain and torture have passed since Inanna took Junco and forced her into a morph tank. Finally back with the people she thinks are on her side,
Leah (White Sky Project)
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
Welcome back, Junco! I have to say I missed the crazy foul-mouthed girl. In this book, she's even crazier than ever, but that's just because of all the shit that she's been through. I swear, this girl has gone through all sorts of hell and there's only so much that one person can take, even if she is more powerful and devious than anyone ever realizes. In Range we see just how broken, confused, vulnerable and alone Junco is. She doesn't really know who she can trust and she's on the brink of goi ...more
LeeAnna
Oh junco! I just love these books. I was a little smarter this time and I re-read the last quarter of flight so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed. I have a tough time keeping up w character names, who they are/were, what part they play in the story. All that jazz. I get nervous sometimes that I missed something very important. The books are full of information and I'm sure if I re- read them I would be like "oooh!! That's what they meant!" Anyway all of that aside, I love the books. I say the same thi ...more
Heidi Tieman
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, j-a-huss
There is only so much one girl can take. Forgiveness has a limit. There are only so many lies that can be ignored, only so many secrets that can remain hidden, and only so many memories that can be repressed. Junco Coot is back, but the world is about to wish she wasn't.

Range has probably been the most intense book so far. A lot is going on in Junco's life. Major changes that she has to adapt to. The big fight is looming and Junco's sanity is hanging by a thread. So many unknowns and you still d
Di Covey
WHO IS JUNCO?

4 STARS!!!

Who is Junco? I have no clue. Just when I think I got it figured out, here comes the wrench. There's SO SO SO much to comprehend in this series, I felt like I was losing my mind trying to figure it out. AND I do get, but I could never explain it out loud.
Junco bothered me in this book, for numerous reasons. I never did feel the connection with Gid, or why Junco was loyal him. Maybe because he wasn't there from the beginning for me, but yet he was for Junco.
Where was my War
Audrey
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, paranormal
Crack ....... that is the sound of my broken heart. When I started reading this series I had no idea how it would get me in. I am so taken with Junco, her struggle, her courage, her burning desire for love, friendship, peace - and the never ending quest for the truth. Everyone seems to use Junco for their own ends. Yeah, I love the other characters, however, I am with Junco - who is telling the truth?

This is just a brilliant story and journey I am on with Junco, even if my emotions have been str
Meghan
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
oh man, that was awesome! ugly and dark and hopeless and awesome! now u are gonna read half way and be all- ah crap, this series is about ANGELS and God stuff. it is ruined!ruined!- BUT NO. persevere, because it is so not about that. it isn't. I promise. aliens baby. alien babies. alien baby makers and more. such a good book. freaking awesome in originality, crushing in its despair, and so bad ass in its vengeance. so much vengeance. and righteous fury. wicked!
ClosetReader
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy cliffy Batman!

So when starting Range you need to take everything you thought you knew and throw it out the window. I can't even begin to sort out everything dear Junco is dealing with. Girlfriend has a lot going on. Through the course of this book I have been sad, happy, deceived and scared. So much is going on and we are finding out new information all of the time. I'm not sure how my normal life will be satisfying when I finish this series. I'm addicted to the adventure!
Piseog
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Worst one so far. It was extra depressing and I got so fed up with everyone's treatment of Junco (Tier at the beginning was terrible). The story was all over the place; I couldn't really summarise it. I hated the ending and just wanted Junco to be happy. The author does write Junco very well and her mental instability is clear. I'm really hoping for an amazing final novella from Tier's POV.
Debra
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This YA/NA series really grabbed me. I LOVED the suspense, futuristic theme, intriguing characters, and non-stop action. Unfortunately, this book dragged way too much crying and depression. I really, really, really, miss the action! That said, I will p/u the next book. I can't get enough of J.A. Huss.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This book was hard for me. Lots of betrayed trust, depression, insanity, revenge. This story is so complex and really puts you through the ringer. This book is still a 5 star story for me but it was a hard one to get through. I think it can only go up from here.
Veronica LaRoche
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and can't put my kindle down. Who does Junco trust and who's lying and it just gets u guessing. I can't wait to read what happens next in this story. Amazing series I can't get enough of
Jeannine
OMG what in the heck is going on?! I'm trying to sort everything out. We've got one hell of a cliffy, more lies, betrayal etc. What a tangled web of stuffs! I'm in it to win it I tell ya. I know everything is going to untangle and it will be amazing. Go Team Junco!
Veronica LaRoche
Can't get enough

Sarah Jocke
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Junco's story takes a turn in this book. This book is probably the most intense so far. There's a lot going on and so many characters and stories, but it's so well written that you can't wait to find out more about each person and how they tie in to Junco.

Rhode
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This was a hard one to take, it's pretty bleak. Rage, revenge, despair, death wishes.....
Amber
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't! Sob! Sob! WTF! Sob!
Junnnncooooo!

Ps-- I love this series!
Sassapphras
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was disappointed with Junco in this one. I can handle the crazy, but the crying and letting herself be bossed around was so out of character... and kind of annoying.
  • Improper Pleasures (Pleasures, #1)
  • Scent of a Vampire (The Evolved, #1)
  • Between Faith and Fear (Captive, #2)
  • Tortured Soul
  • Mandy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #4)
  • Destiny United (Shadows of Destiny, #2)
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
  • Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires #1)
  • Earth Moves (Island Guardians #1)
  • Tip of the Spear (Amazon Western, #1)
  • Under Construction
  • Slayer's Kiss (The Shadow Slayers, #1)
  • Crossfire: Fire and Ice (Crossfire, #2)
  • The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • Red Leopard (Vistaria Affair, #1)
  • Awaken Me (Connected, #1)
  • The Grey Tier: A Dead Celeb Mystery
  • The Jaxon Effect (Jaxon Effect Trilogy, #1)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

I Am Just Junco (5 books)
  • Clutch (I Am Just Junco, #1)
  • Fledge (I Am Just Junco, #2)
  • Flight (I Am Just Junco, #3)
  • Return (I Am Just Junco, #5)