Start by marking “Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)

Our Second Chance (Chances Are #1)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  419 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Our Second Chance by Author C.D. Taylor is a tale of forgiveness, redemption, and love. It demonstrates how the power of healing can strengthen the bond between family, friends, and lovers.
Emily Mills lives a life of opulence and luxury in Los Angeles but can’t shake the feeling that there is something more out there for her. It isn’t the picture perfect life her social c
Published February 16th 2013 by Booktrope (first published February 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Our Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Second Chance

C.D.  Taylor
Mar 08, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I have it on good authority that this book was rewritten and edited making it sooooo much better than it was before. If you've read it already I urge you to give it a second chance, you will be surprised at the changes this book went through. :-)
Eva Millien
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chasing her dreams, Emily Mills strikes a friends with benefits bargain with her best friend from college because with all of her emotional scars she’s doesn’t fell as if she’s worthy of his love in this emotionally gripping romance.

Emily grew up in a privileged lifestyle but she was for from happy so she decides to strike out for New York and her dreams of becoming a lawyer and runs into her secret first love and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the emotionally wrenching tale of a you
Diane
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
This story was way too rushed.
Not a bad read, but not great either.
Characters lacked substance and the authors use of the phrases "his member" and "her sex"
was lame. My least favorite read of the year to date :(
Anne Ruwe
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the story line and the characters, but like many of the others, I thought it was rushed. I can read through the grammatical errors, thats not a big deal to me. Out of all 3 books this one was the best. Pretty good for a freebie.
Charleen
Jul 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: free-ebook
NOTE: the spoilers in this review are like the mild sauce at a Taco Bell.

If you don't like honesty and tearing books apart from the inside, I wouldn't advise you to continue reading this review. While somehow getting through this book, I ended up with 3 front and back pages of notes to point out and/or discuss and they reek of negativity towards this novel. Shall we begin?

For those of you who I had previously advised to not continue reading and are being rebels, I'll even throw in the only good
Elle
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Come back to me by C.D. Taylor.

In C.D. Taylor's stand alone book and the beginning of the Come Back to Me series, two friends who haven't seen each other since college realize that somewhere along the way they had feelings for each other but missed their chance. In the heart wrenching story of abuse and wanting to find the happily ever after, can they find each other in the world again.

Jake Bradford, a Texas raised cowboy with his own law firm lives in NewYork City. He is a. Bachelor who never
Aly
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

First things first, woo is this book hot. Believe me when I say it will set you on fire.

Emily's emotions were so real, all the regrets and wistfulness, the what ifs. Throughout the book I could really get into her head and feel her emotions. They just felt so real and I was enjoying it so so much.

Then there was the romance between the two. It was just sweet and sigh worthy. I feel as if Emily was almost me when she was single and i
Dawn-Ann
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
ugh, i hate to be mean and say negative things, because I know it's not easy to wrote something and put yourself out there. But really this book was not so great. It really had potential, but just didn't do it for me. I finished it, so it wasn't terrible, but I think if I had read this book first I wouldn't have read the other books in the series.
I liked the characters! But it just took so long to get into it. I mean I was on page 115 and they still hadn't "met" yet. The book is only 353 pages o
Amanda Lewis
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A well written story about the one that got away. Who of us haven't had that one person in our lives that if we had the opportunity we'd love to give it a second go? The story has likeable characters, even if Emily is a tiny bit whiny at the beginning. The humor and relationship between her and Jake will keep you coming back for more until you've gobbled the whole book up.

Tasteful and provocative at the same time, author C.D. Taylor has just the right mix of story and romance. If you are looking
Kimberlee Milliron
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this amazing book July 2014, and loved it. I could not put it down and when it was done it left me wanting more. I was pulled into the story and held my breath waiting for the next shoe to drop on each of the characters. I was thankful for the writer to not try to babble about the little stuff around the characters and getting to the real story. I don't need a writer to explain how "each blade of grass was waving in the wind back and forth". I have my own visual of each book I read. I jus ...more
Cynthia
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
At first I almost put this book down, I thought oH NO not another sex book. Then we find out it is a dream and the story starts.

I liked this book, I agree at times the story was a little rushed, but I enjoyed it. This book is about to best friends who lost touch but really had feelings for the other. Neither knew and when they found could it be to late? Two people from different tracks in life can they find the track for love to start and maybe last?

I found a little of everything in this book,
Debbie Seals
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down! Emily and Jake are meant to be together. They just keep running into one another. And everytime life and their own stubbornness gets in the way. But for their short times together,WOW! Talk about hot romances! They've got it! The only problem with the book is it ended before I was ready to quit reading. I can't wait for the next book in the series.Our Second Chance
Trixie
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not too much to say about this book (and series). I totally enjoyed it. The first couple of paragraphs had me hooked with the steamy hot, melt your panties sexiness of it. I was not expecting much of a story line, but there was some included, brief as it may have been. And I was very much in the mood for short and sweet. It has a happy ending, therefore covered all my reading for pleasure checklist. I would recommend this book (and the whole series) to anyone who is in need of escape to a steamy ...more
Soccergypsy
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** Author provided copy of book in exchange for an honest review. **

I really enjoyed this story. In full disclosure, I read Book 3 of this series first so I knew of these characters and their outcome prior to this book. What I liked about this story was their story. It was sweet without being saccharine and the epitome of how true friendship should be defined.
Jennifer Polys fowler
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
*warning* for mature reader.
jake and emily were best friends in collage and did and shared everything with eachother except for their feeling for eachother. now older the meet again and jake tries to protect her from her past and current male attentions without her knowledge and like all secrets it backfired putting her in more danger. love conquers all though right? read and find out.
Dawn Strickland
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am not into erotica too much, but this was a really good book! It was not as intense as some other erotica books I have read which made you able to connect with the characters on a deeper level. I could not put my book down! Seriously, I read it straight through! Cannot wait to see what happens in the next book!!
Amy
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story about finding the one that got away. Throughout the book you want to smack both characters at times just to get them to wake up and figure out how much they love each other. Love the self assessments that Emily goes through. The sex scenes are tasteful and steamy. The book is written very well.
Tiffany Schultz
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I was able to find myself fulfilling the role of Emily. I felt her emotions and cried when she cried and was happy when she was happy. The book was easy to read and had a nice flow to it. I was able to read the book within a few sittings when my kiddos allowed it. I will have to say the book was fabulous and I cannot wait for the sequel!
Shannon
2.5 Stars
The story could have been much better. It took too long to get to the main story line, grammatical errors, and repetitive thoughts throughout the story. By the time the ending came it was too rushed. This story had so much promise...The saving grace was the intense sex scenes.
Michelle Rodriguez
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book. Definitely a good read. Good story line and characters. Looking forward to book 2
Andrea Dallas
love
Julie Lavalle
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book read it in a day. Yes there were some errors and yes the characters could have used some more depth but all in all it was a good read.
Matu Nila
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it. Hot and steamy.
But the few last chapters? Seriously? It had such a good start and then.. I want more!
Lori Norton
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Intelligent and descriptive writing immerses the reader into pure lascivious erotica.
Kara Acre
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It isn't your classic love story, but it isn't your classic erotica either. This book does, however, have a great blend of both!
Nancy
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly written and extremely engaging story. Author grabs you and doesn't let to. You become part of Emily's life and feel her motions throughout the story. Can't wait to read more.
Candie
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love it!! Have read the whole series and they are great! Can't wait for more from this author!!
Lisa
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this first installment. .I actually finished it days ago and the second book as well but had no internet to update
Natalie50208
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - Super quick read, liked the story line but felt like it moved too quick (could have used a little more character development). Will definitely be continuing the series though.
Kesha  Ledford
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Our Second Chance is an awesome book. this book grabs you from the very begging and keeps you hooked right to the end. I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
  • Alexandria
  • An Unfinished Death (Jane Perry)
  • To Love a Stranger
  • Not Pretty Enough (Not Pretty Enough, #1)
  • Busted
  • Scavenger Hunt (A Finny Aletter Mystery, Book 1)
  • Hot Summer
  • Rock Point (Sharpe & Donovan, #0.5)
  • Killing Matt Cooper
  • Lie Still
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Dead to the Max (Max Starr, #1)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • The Grave Gourmet (Capucine Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • Just Pretending (Hearts to Follow #1)
  • Paradise 21 (A New Dawn, #1)
  • Double Feature: Attack of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies/Bride of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies (Russel Middlebrook, #3)
  • Life Blood
C.D. Taylor began writing as an item to check off her bucket list. She resides in the southernmost part of Illinois, right on the mighty Mississippi river. She enjoys the quiet country life with her husband, son and the many farm animals that make up the rest of the family. C.D. decided that farm life was just a little too mundane, so she started writing erotica to spice things up, so far so good. ...more
More about C.D. Taylor...

Chances Are (3 books)
  • Left to Chance (Chances Are #2)
  • A Fighting Chance (Chances Are #3)