Start by marking “Reenacting the Way (of Jesus): How can you follow Jesus when you don't know what he was doing?” as Want to Read:

How can you follow Jesus when you don't know what he was doing? Jesus' actions were making culturally relevant statements to his contemporaries. We can do the same today. Grab the book, some friends, and reenact the way (of Jesus).

Endless books have been written about the teachings of Jesus. Fewer books have set out to explain his actions. That is what Reenacting the Way (
Paperback, First, 232 pages
Published December 4th 2012 by RtW Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Reenacting the Way (of Jesus), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reenacting the Way (of Jesus)

Start your review of Reenacting the Way (of Jesus): How can you follow Jesus when you don't know what he was doing?
Daniel
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A practical guide to orthopraxy (right actions) rather than orthodoxy (right thinking).
Dave Campbell
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing and unexpected depth of research and insight. I get so tired of hearing cream-puff Christianity. This book handles Jesus' actions with determined vigor and leaves no stones unturned. Whether you agree or disagree with Paul's conclusions will not deter you from absorbing all that he has to present. It may take you a little while to digest it all, but the effort will expand your thinking and probably bring you into a much better relationship with the Lord.

Paul is a skilled writer and
Jerri L
i enjoyed the book because it gave me practical ways to do what jesus was calling us to do. plus the historical and cultural background of when and what jesus was saying to the people of his day was made much clearer. i have not had the opportunity to travel and study the cultural background of jesus days and i am glad someone will share their knowledge and experience.
Chris Thompson
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Want to learn how to be a better follower of Jesus? Read Paul Penley's fresh and engaging new book. Not only will you learn a lot about how to follow Jesus better, you'll have lots of laughs in the learning process.
Elias
Skipr
rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2014
Paul Penley
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Annie O'farrell
Feb 29, 2020
J.
Mar 14, 2020
Christian Readers: What was Jesus really doing? 17 64 Sep 20, 2013 07:19AM
I have had a fast-paced life from day one. I've lived all over the U.S. and travelled around the world. I've been a professor, ghost writer, scholar, varsity soccer coach, philanthropic advisor, speaker, author, auto mechanic, and janitor (that was my character-building job in high school!). I studied Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic as I explored the art and science of interpreting Scripture in undergra ...more

News & Interviews

“We take Jesus' actions, mix them with our assumptions, and produce advice for life that reflects more our opinions than his intentions.” 3 likes