Start by marking “Voices of the Soul (Soul Seers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Voices of the Soul (Soul Seers, #1)

Voices of the Soul

(Soul Seers #1)

Throughout her entire life, Ella has heard voices. Voices inside her head. She’s never given much thought as to why she has this gift… or this curse, depending on which way you look at it. It’s not until she meets the mysterious Jonah that she begins to question her inherited abilities as a Soul Seer.

Learning to deal with loss and love, Ella manages to live a s
Published March 25th 2013 by Indie Style Press (first published March 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Voices of the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voices of the Soul

Madison Warner Fairbanks
Voices of the Soul by Rene Folsom

Short story. Book 1 of the Soul Seers series. New Adult. Fantasy.
Cliffhanger major twist at the end.

Ella has heard voices in her head her whole life. A new college (although it read younger for me) student has the ability to talk to her mind-to-mind. Ella wants to explore this interaction she never experienced before.

The relationship was instantaneous because of Ella and Jonah’s ability to communicate with each other. I c
Michael Loring
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella by a fellow TWIST Anthology author, Rene Folsom. So, of course, I can’t go too far into explaining the plot of this story without chancing a spoiler. So I’ll keep this review simple.

The story begins with Orella “Ella” Hugh basically explaining her life thus far and how she can hear voices inside her head. When an accident takes her mother, she must learn to survive mostly on her own. Six years later, she meets a man named Jonah who shares her abilities. The two hav
Coco.V
Jul 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/15/2019)! 🎁
Tanya
Sep 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
T & G Book Boutique Reviews: http://tgbookboutique.blogspot.com

“Remember, the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart.”

Sorry Ms. Rene Folsom :(
Okay *GRRR!* What is up with authors thinking it’s okay for girls to keep playing the victim in these books? This is the 21st century, in case you haven’t noticed. Women are just as powerful as men, if not more so. (*cough* childbirth) Can I get an Amen girls! Yup, so yet another book I disli
M.L. Stephens
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, fantasy
Ok, wow! What can I say other than I wanted more, in a good way! I seldom read book descriptions or look at word count: more times than not I jump into a recommended book and I was not disappointed.
Ella is a gem and Jonah is astounding. I want to know more. I want to encase myself in their lives and learn how it plays out.
My only wish is that the novella would have been a short story or longer. Ms. Folsom has a writing style which kept me enchanted and was easy to read. I loved the
Claire Taylor
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rene Folsom
Voices of the Soul
Soul Seers #1

Well written, the story flows smoothly and I was soon fully engrossed in Ella’s life. Her heartache is completely believable and when Jonah walks into her class, you can’t help but feel like her life is about to change. With a twist I didn’t see coming towards the end, this book will definitely be added to my read again folder. A thoroughly enjoyable read that will leave you wanting to know what is next for Ella and Jonah.

Glenna Maynard
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow I am totally sucked into this story. I was not expecting the end, and I am left with a feeling of whoa. I was immediately drawn in. Rene Folsom captured this tale beautifully.
Stacylynnbookloves
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

I want to talk to about why I rated this book a 4 instead of 5. I am completely aggravated by how short it was. The book was great. I really enjoyed it. I am all for books that have a series which is why I read this one. After I finished it and it left off the way it did, I was just completely puzzled. Voices of the soul will be a great series if they are all this good, but this book was short I can only imagine the next ones will be equally as short. If you are going to have a series I think yo
Natalie
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Soul Shattering~Mind Blowing Journey

~Synopsis~

Throughout her entire life, Ella has heard voices. Voices inside her head. She's never given much thought as to why she has this gift... or this curse, depending on which way you look at it. It's not until she meets the mysterious Jonah that she begins to question her inherited abilities as a Soul Seer.

Learning to deal with loss and love, Ella manages to live a seemingly normal life... or so she thought.
Savannah Mae
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ella has been hearing voices in her head for a long time. She never did pay them any attention until now, now that she has met the super sexy Jonah. After the loss of her mother, she is learning to deal with her new circumstances. Ella has a hard time trusting a man to stay. Her idea is that men will just leave. Then Jonah begins to rock her world before they even touch.

This short story will surely make your mouth water, your heart pick up pace. Jonah and Ella are super sexy. A great way to get
Terri Baldwin
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Orella (Ella) heard voices in her head, actually the thoughts of others, as long as she could remember. She and her mother were in a terrible car accident shortly before her 14th birthday. After Ella awoke in the hospital following the accident, she was brought to see her mother who was being kept alive on life support. Her mother talked to her in her head, explaining the gift that she had and that she was a soul seer. Her mother had this gift too. She passed away shortly after telling Ella this ...more
Lauren
Jan 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't realize this was nothing more then a short story... I literally finished this in under an hour & that was disappointing. The ending (if you can call it that) was a little surprising... & made things a little interesting but not enough to make up for the rest of the novella.

There is a serious case of insta-love going in here... it's crazy - but even girls sitting in comas are susceptible to the dreaded emotion....

The writing of this book was crappy, choppy and a little juvenile... I mean - I felt like
Nicole
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy WOW! This is an exceptional book. The ending blew my mind away. Knowing that this is a series makes me want to go get the rest of them and just sit and read them to find out what all happens next. I can not believe this, my mind is still reeling after having finished it.

Ella is a college girl who lost her mother six years ago but is also a girl with a gift. She is able to hear the thoughts of others. While in an art class, a new student comes in. Not only is he like her, but he has an inte
Amanda Phillips
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ella has a special gift, although she doesn't think of it as much of one. She goes through life mourning the loss of her mother, who also had the gift of hearing the thoughts of everyone around her. Constantly hearing things not meant to be heard has taught Ella just how different she is from everyone else. Until the day she meets Jonah, that is. Jonah was born with the same gift as Ella and her mother but is more advanced in his control of it.

Will he teach that control to Ella? Will they fall
Roxy the Fury
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
A short short novella about a girl that can hear others' thoughts. She discovers her powers after a car accident. While on life support her mother communicates with her via her powers and briefly explains her abilities. Fast forward six years and a new guy walks into her art class with the same powers.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. The guy, Jonah, was very sweet. The romance between them blossomed within the day. A bit unrealistic, hence the feeling that it was building up to someth
William O'Brien
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Psychic magnetism"

'Voices of the Soul' is a well written novella by Rene Folsom- sensuous and touching. The story draws the reader in right from the start with Ella a young soul seer that meets Jonah and falls in love. Jonah is also a mind reader and the familiar magnetism pulls them together, creating an instant attraction between their souls.

A great read that will certainly hit the Y/A teenage girls and get the gossip flowing- they will be chasing the next part in the series. It
K.C. Finn
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a clever ending! This was totally charming and romantic but also very cleverly created, it's nice to read a natural, sweet love story with heat and charm but also a lot of respect and good old fashioned chivalry going on. The characters appealed to me a lot and there were plenty of interesting paranormal elements going on, some of the concepts are fascinating and really well explained. Voices of the Soul was easily read and enjoyed, next time I want a short sweet reading moment I will defin ...more
Kelli
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What, the heck, just happened?! That ending came so far out of left field and is leaving me in serious need of the next novella.

This was a good story. Ella and Jonah were sickeningly sweet together, in a good way. I had a few questions about Ella that I would have liked answered, nothing super important, just things that would have given me a more complete picture of her character. After that ending, everything I knew has to get thrown out the window anyway, so I gu
Ashley
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again Rene has left me speechless! The ending was not like I expected it to be, which makes it an even better read! I don't like when you can predict the ending of a book and this one was definitely not predictable! Rene has a great way of writing in that you can picture everything you are reading, and even makes you think you know what will happen, and then leaves you completely surprised! I am going to start the next book now!
Sónia Tigol
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! This is an exceptional book. The ending blew my mind away. What can I say other than I wanted more. Well written, the story flows smoothly and I was soon fully engrossed in Ella’s life. With a twist I didn’t see coming towards the end. A thoroughly enjoyable read that will leave you wanting to know what is next for Ella and Jonah.
Leilani
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good read, it has the most craziest twist and cliffhanger. The romance was quite fast but very sweet, not much characters except the main two but that's okay because of the major twist at the end is worth it. It will suck you in towards the end making you think, wait what just happened
Maria's Book Blog
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First let me just say that I LOVE Ms. Folsom's writing style! Even though this was a short story it felt like a complete full length novel b/c of all the detail and background building. The characters were well developed and the story just flowed perfectly. After that crazy ending I cannot wait to get my hands on Eyes of the Soul (Soul Seers #2)!
Priscilla Robinson
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
At first I thought this was gonna be more for young people. Didnt think it was going to hold my interest however the more i read the more I started to like it. The end was unexpected and I cant wait to find out what happens next.
Claire Thake
I absolutely loved this story! Very well written and I found myself drawn into the story. Will definitely be looking into reading the other novellas which continue this story.(Review written after reviewing paranormal anathology http://wp.me/p2A644-hs
Miss
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a great first book to this series. I loved the connection between the two characters of being able to hear each others thoughts which brought them together. The ending left me shocked and feeling empty. I felt so bad for poor Orella. I'm excited to see where this series will go from here.
Jim
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. I don’t normally like things written in first-person. However, this story is very well written, and the choice of first-person added to the enjoyment of the story. It was a daring choice, but a brilliant one, and well done.
Colleen Everly
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really liked this novella. I am very much looking forward to reading the next book which I am glad I own. Very dramatic ending which came out of left field for me but I liked it. Awesome writing.
Lerato
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-ebooks
Short sweet and to the point. I really loved the ending and am very curious to find out what happens next.
Joy
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read in one sitting. Cute fun read.
The main characters are able to read thoughts of others.
Between the two of them things got a bit spicy.
LouiseMarie
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ooooo next one next one next one!! quick!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Paranormal Anthology with a Twist
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Forever
  • The Darkest of Blood Magicks (Books of the Stone Veil, #1)
  • Soul Mates Kiss (Witching Call, #1)
  • Old Souls
  • Forever & The Power of One: The Forever Series, Book 1 & 2: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance
  • Love You More (Broken, #1)
  • Unexpected Love (Unexpected, #1)
  • Rise (Roam, #3)
  • Hope Breaks
  • Intoxicating Passion Box Set (Intoxicating Passion, #1-5)
  • Distorted Lines (Blurred Lines, #2)
  • Hunger Revealed (Vampire Hunger, #1.5)
  • Johnny and the Vampires of Versailles (Vampires of the Tower, #2)
  • Centaur Legacy (Touched, #2)
  • The Rhyn Trilogy (Rhyn Trilogy, # 1-3)
  • Rival (Unholy Alliance #2)
GET A FREE BOOK >> www.renefolsom.com/newsletter

Rene Folsom, author of contemporary and paranormal, lives in Florida with her husband and three kids. She has officially diagnosed herself with creative ADD and often has a million and one writing projects going at once. In addition to writing, she is also a graphic artist who enjoys creating custom book covers for indie authors. She is definitely an artist at hea

Soul Seers (6 books)
  • Eyes of the Soul (Soul Seers, #2)
  • Truths of the Soul (Soul Seers, #3)
  • Blood of the Soul (Soul Seers, #4)
  • Secrets of the Soul (Soul Seers, #5)
  • Hearts of the Soul (Soul Seers, #6)
“I’m sure he probably has a million girls who throw themselves at him daily. Plus, he’s probably just as shallow as they
are, if not more. Most beautiful men tend to be total jerks… or gay.I had to stifle a snicker at the last thought.Christ, I hope he’s not gay.”
2 likes