Start by marking “Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)” as Want to Read:
Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)

Golden Dunes of Renhala

(Renhala #2)

How do you live with a secret so dark and so deeply woven into your being that it threatens to smother your very existence, with no known way out? Use it to your advantage.

Kailey Rooke, karmelean, and now a possibly unethical karma-for-hire, has spent the past year jumping from project to project without any real hope for salvation. With repercussions from her actions at
219 pages
Published November 2013 by Amy Joy Lutchen (first published July 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Golden Dunes of Renhala, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golden Dunes of Renhala

karen
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
RENHALA!!!!!

i was very glad to read more about the world of renhala, having enjoyed the first one so much despite it being paranormal romance/urban fantasy, which is a largely unexplored genre for me. this second book in the series was a mere 191 pages to the 462 of the first one, so it's a much smaller story in scope, and i liked it only slightly less than the first one, so that's why the three stars, because it makes sense in my head to star-rate within the bigger-picture of an author's work.
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Amy Joy Lutchen.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Renhala’ series.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 ‘Renhala’.**
Kailey is trying to deal with her sudo-abominor, and also trying to help people, as she accepts jobs around Renhala.
Kailey’s latest job is finding a missing girl (Flora), only things are more complicated than Kailey realised, and before long she finds herself in a heap of trouble.
W
Lola
I got a copy for beta read and a honest review. My review is based on the beta read, so it's entirely possible the final version is even better.

As soon as I started this book I was so glad to be back in the world of Renhala. This book is even more fast paced and filled with action than the first book, but it’s also a bit darker than the first book. And I totally enjoyed it and this managed to get me about of a reading slump, I finished Golden Dunes of Renhala in 2 days.

The story start a while af
Renetta
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Now that I've read the second book I can say that this is one of my favorite series!

Kailey's skills are now for hire, which introduces us to some new characters and a plot with even more twists and turns. She has a lot on her plate as usual. She must deal with a great loss, an inner turmoil, more family secrets are revealed and let's not leave out the new developments with her ooh la la love triangle!

Her new clients lead her to the main setting of the book, the Dunes of Renhala. Some are dark, s
Lori
Seriously LOVE. The ending surprised me. I didn't see it coming at all. There felt like there were literally no down moments and I was never bored reading it. It was packed full of emotion, kick assery, and romance. All were balanced perfectly. I literally loved every single second reading this book!!!

Alicia
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have got to say that this is one of those few times where I actually liked the sequel MORE than the first book. Admittedly, it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darn addicting.

The new characters, while mildly creepy, really made the book. In Renhala, it was sometimes hard keeping up with the mass amount of characters, due to the fact the the book was fairly long and pushed a lot of info at you all at the same time. In this book, the character names and personalities are extremely diverse (that
Bethanne
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Golden Dunes of Renhala is a great sequel to Renhala. It picks up right where we left off and doesn't waste too much time in getting to the plot and action. Much of the action takes place in the Golden Dunes area, and Amy does a great job transporting the reader to this hot and barren section of Renhala. Kailey is developed even further in this book and it’s interesting to see this character grapple with a darker side. Overall, this book has a darker feel to it than the first, but it manages to ...more
Dana Camacho
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amy Joy has done it again! Great read. Engrossing plot, well developed characters, a happy union for our heroine, and an excellent twist at the end.
Ashley E
Golden Dunes of Renhala takes place 6 months after the events of Renhala, and during that time, Kailey has taken up the rather dubious trade of "karma for hire", aka catch-all mercenary. I enjoyed Renhala for what it was, but this installment seemed to lose the threads of the first book. Kailey's position as a karmelean, though she's no longer new to her powers, seems just as vague as ever. She doesn't have any purpose as this awesome tool of Karma, and that drove me a little crazy. I was expect ...more
Melanie
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ry-2013, read-in-2013
4*s
review posted here...
**SPOILERS FOR BOOK ONE (if you haven’t read it, don’t read this!!)**

In the Golden Dunes of Renhala live a community lead by a woman covered in snakes and her name is Eve, she is a powerful woman who owns a successful plantation and has everything she wants even a son, daughter & mate….. but she no longer has her daughter, for she is missing and she will do whatever it takes to bring her back home, even employ the Karmelean – Ka
Jillian Stein
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

Golden Dunes of Renhala is the second in the Renhala series by author Amy Joy Lutchen. After reading and loving Renhala, the first in the series, I was eager to get my hands on this follow up. Amy brought me right back to the magical world I love and I was so happy to be there.

We pick up pretty much right where Renhala left off and are immediately brought back into Kailey Rooke’s new reality. A reality of magical lands and creatures only one could dream of. Now, though, Kailey has an internal co
Hollie
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
All the way back in January, I was sent a copy of Renhala for review. I absolutely loved the book, and have been desperately waiting for Golden Dunes of Renhala to release ever since. And now that I have devoured this book rather eagerly (it took me less than 24 hours to read), I am so happy to report that this second book was most definitely worth the wait.

I’ve got to comment on the fact that Golden Dunes of Renhala is less than half the length of Renhala, but I put that down to the fact that t
manda-rae
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, fantasy
I must admit that I remember bits and pieces from the first one, but I don't remember everything. And this book does a fairly good job transitioning to the next story. That or maybe this series is like a tv series, you can jump into one without knowing the previous one and still enjoy it. Granted, I've read the first, and can't prove this theory firsthand (and I'd still tell you to read the first one).

Kailey, after the first book, kind of has a split personality with a thing called Sudo-Abominor
Kristen Jett
Review amended from full review at PenandMuse.com

If you recall my review of the opening to the series, it reminded me that I needed to read more urban fantasy. As my to read list has gotten out of hand, I haven’t had the time to read much more – until I found myself back into the world of Renhala. As it’s been six months since I read the first book, I was a little concerned but quickly discovered that it was an easy opener. While the book isn’t a stand alone, you can quickly catch yourself up
Kayla
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow... I mean wow... Amy, again, the world building is just out of this world... literally. I love the world that the author builds for this series. The Golden Dunes... I mean, I felt like I was sweating and wiping sand away from my skin while I was reading. Love, love, love that about this series. Everything is so vivid but not the point where it's over-described. There's plenty of room for you to add to it in your mind while you're reading.

The characters - They're great. I loved seeing the "p
Raabe Gabriel
Well, it took me a while to finally ready and I must say that Golden Dunes was so confusing for me. I had a really hard time visualizing the scenes and trying to understand what was going on! (and I'm still not sure of what happened)
It bothers me, because book one was SO. GOOD. I was dying to read the second, but I really didn't get it. There was time that I read and read and then I looked around and (I usually read in boring classes at college) said to the nearest person "I don't get it. I'm re
Alisha
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Golden Dunes of Renhala was a enjoyable sequel in this unique paranormal/fantasy series. In this book, Kailey struggles to deal with the curse of sudo-abominor that had turned her father evil and now resides within her. As she fights the darkness within, Kailey uses her gifts with the help of her friends to do good in the world of Renhala.

The characters especially are what make the book from the lovable innocent Bu and the fiesty woodsprite Jenna to the quirky, creepy new characters. Each of th
Julianne
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to this after reading the first book. I have to say, I was NOT disappointed! It's a wonderful story. I loved how you got more in tune with the characters. The story flowed brilliantly. I love Amy's writing. She constructs a world you can believe in, despite being fantasy, characters you gel to. Her books pack a mighty story of epic proportions. Action and character play is engrained. The plot rocks! I'd love a day in her head, it would be one hell of a ride!!!

I was g
T.
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is the second of a series, and I recommend reading Renhala first, or the world-setting will not make much sense. Much of the character development was done in the first book also, and I'm happy to report this book picks up from the first, rather than re-hashing background. There was a little confusion where the characters travel instantly from place to place, and I had to go back and skim portions of Renhala to recall some of the things that happened prior, so I recommend having read R ...more
Heather
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Despite my lower rating I read both of the Renhala books. They were very interesting and kept me reading to see where the story would take me. I rated it lower on personal preference; mainly language and a some adult themes.
Lorena
Valkiery
Nov 19, 2013
  • Soul Cutter
  • Get Real (Get Real #1)
  • The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)
  • Blood Chosen (Blood, #3)
  • Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire, #3)
  • Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After, #1)
  • We Own the Night (Night Songs Collection, #3)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Radicals (Blood and Fire, #2)
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • The Charmed Souls (The Charmed Trilogy, #2)
  • Deep Into the Soul (The Guild Series, #1)
  • Death Dealer
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
Was born in Chicago and slept in a dresser drawer for the first few weeks of her life, marking her as a future claustrophobe.

She studied at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (man she grew up quick), where she became a number, but decided it was a good number.

She writes with plenty of snacks in hand, making sure they are not in multiples of three. That number makes her nervous.

Inspired